Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! 16:35 - Jan 9 with 33508 viewsNotLoyal

It’s all here, the English Covid free environment on toast with some good old dripping. Have it with some hock or lamb replacement therapy. Roll on the floor with your positive nouns.It’s the match day thread. It’s a pay on the day away day that day.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56746/jamie-paterson-unl

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56758
David Webb will be the referee when Swansea City take on Huddersfield Town at the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday (3pm). The County Durham official will be taking charge of a Swans game for the third time this season, having had the whistle for the opening-day defeat at Blackburn and the away win at Barnsley. Webb was at the helm of two Swans games last season, awarding a key late spot-kick for Andre Ayew to net a late winner at Stoke, and overseeing a goalless draw against Reading. He will be assisted by Adam Crysell and Matthew Mcgrath, while Neil Hair will be the fourth official.

The game is now pay on the day.
It’s only a fiver !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56760
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56761/a-super-swansea-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56776/carlos-corberán

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 11:51 - Jan 16 with 1181 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 11:49 - Jan 16 by Bobblehat

You just write sh*t like this and think it’s funny.

If Carlsberg done stand up comedy you wouldn’t be invited that’s for sure.

So you have gone back, realised I didn’t say what you claimed I did…

But are still going to quote something and pretend I did anyway.

If Carlsberg did belligerent forum trolls.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 11:51 - Jan 16 with 1184 viewsvetchonian

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 11:38 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

I have to say, when Beckham broke in the first team at Man Utd he had no history. But history is made today from how you act and what you do. He is putting together a team that could well storm the championship next season if he can retain those key players.

I hope you are right Keith…..I’m still not convinced but let’s hope he does my point about history was to question why we seem not to be attracting Geuhi like players

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 11:57 - Jan 16 with 1162 viewsraynor94

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 11:51 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

I hope you are right Keith…..I’m still not convinced but let’s hope he does my point about history was to question why we seem not to be attracting Geuhi like players

Well we attracted Rhys Williams, which didn't turn out well

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 12:00 - Jan 16 with 1158 viewsBobblehat

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 11:51 - Jan 16 by Dr_Parnassus

So you have gone back, realised I didn’t say what you claimed I did…

But are still going to quote something and pretend I did anyway.

If Carlsberg did belligerent forum trolls.

Ok fella I’ll carry on supporting my team win, lose or draw and you can keep slating them. 👍🏻 And thinking you were right all along.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 12:00 - Jan 16 with 1158 viewsKeithHaynes

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 11:51 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

It’s odd mate because the swans made Chelsea an absolute fortune 25M ? When he left us and then went to Chelsea. Same for Rhian Brewster. I think Rhys Williams was our similar signing but it went wrong, he isn’t a left sided defender. He looked atrocious in that position, slow, uninterested etc, Therefore he isn’t good enough to fit in to Martin’s vision for him. Laird was a success for a while.

I can still see Martin getting this right, we won’t go down, and many will say we won’t go up. Reminds me a bit like the Sousa season where he ambled to a very good finish. Had we gone up that season it would have been a calamity. It s all about next season for me, but we have to retain the real talent we have, Downes, Ntcham, Piroe being the prime players.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 12:05 - Jan 16 with 1140 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 12:00 - Jan 16 by Bobblehat

Ok fella I’ll carry on supporting my team win, lose or draw and you can keep slating them. 👍🏻 And thinking you were right all along.

I praise when they are deserving of praise, I criticise when they are deserving of criticism. That’s what being a football supporter is all about. This new wave of positive spin on all situations is completely unnatural and something I’ve not encountered in my 25 years following the club, it’s a completely new phenomenon.

Usually the mood and discussion is moulded by what happens on the pitch and the results and performances we are getting. This season is a whole new set of rules and it’s a set I don’t subscribe to.

You keep lying about posters though and having a heart attack everyone mentions something you feel isn’t insanely positive.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 12:05 - Jan 16 with 1148 viewsBobblehat

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 12:00 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

It’s odd mate because the swans made Chelsea an absolute fortune 25M ? When he left us and then went to Chelsea. Same for Rhian Brewster. I think Rhys Williams was our similar signing but it went wrong, he isn’t a left sided defender. He looked atrocious in that position, slow, uninterested etc, Therefore he isn’t good enough to fit in to Martin’s vision for him. Laird was a success for a while.

I can still see Martin getting this right, we won’t go down, and many will say we won’t go up. Reminds me a bit like the Sousa season where he ambled to a very good finish. Had we gone up that season it would have been a calamity. It s all about next season for me, but we have to retain the real talent we have, Downes, Ntcham, Piroe being the prime players.

This in a “nutshell” I think the majority of fans will agree with this.👌
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 12:11 - Jan 16 with 1129 viewsYoungJack

Me and the boys had a great time up Huddersfield yesterday. didn’t get back till 1am. Knackered.
how many there for then Jack army.
I think 1,400
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 12:16 - Jan 16 with 1109 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 11:57 - Jan 16 by raynor94

Well we attracted Rhys Williams, which didn't turn out well

At the start of the season, sure.

Fast forward to January and Manchester United have recalled Laird and sent him out to a different team in the same league and Rhys Williams' reputation and value has plummeted.

I suspect we've lost whatever reputation we built up after doing so well for Gallagher, Gibbs-White, Brewster and Guehi in recent seasons.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 12:27 - Jan 16 with 1100 viewsKeithHaynes

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 12:11 - Jan 16 by YoungJack

Me and the boys had a great time up Huddersfield yesterday. didn’t get back till 1am. Knackered.
how many there for then Jack army.
I think 1,400

Around that. Hope you and the boys had a well behaved day 😂😉

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 12:50 - Jan 16 with 1082 viewsbuilthjack

Looking at some of the comments from the first half yesterday, especially form Dumb and Dumber, you would think we were getting annihilated.
Then when I spoke to fans who actually attended the game, it wasn't so.
Anything to criticise us with Dumb and Dumber.
Keep off the forum on match days is best for you two.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 13:04 - Jan 16 with 1061 viewsvetchonian

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 12:00 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

the point being Keith is yes Chelsea benefitted but would they be so keen to loan us this season....
They got that benefit as a result of our previous set up

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 13:25 - Jan 16 with 1047 viewsraynor94

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 13:04 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

the point being Keith is yes Chelsea benefitted but would they be so keen to loan us this season....

That Cooper itch, just won't go away.

It's near enough every post you make

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 13:43 - Jan 16 with 1017 viewsKeithHaynes

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 13:04 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

They have two excellent defenders out at Coventry, I can see more coming from those two, especially Salter. Summer maybe. Getting Laird from Man Utd was a coup for me, and Williams from Liverpool. Had we been in the top eight I’m certain Laird would have stayed.

When the best clubs in the country are happy to see their young bright stars come to us, I’m certain Man City will be added to the list soon. It’s better with all due respects to Britton and Tate as an example who failed at their clubs but came good.

Big test next Saturday, we need to transform our form from yesterday to that game.

Two weeks to go mind 😉

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 13:55 - Jan 16 with 983 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 13:43 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

They have two excellent defenders out at Coventry, I can see more coming from those two, especially Salter. Summer maybe. Getting Laird from Man Utd was a coup for me, and Williams from Liverpool. Had we been in the top eight I’m certain Laird would have stayed.

When the best clubs in the country are happy to see their young bright stars come to us, I’m certain Man City will be added to the list soon. It’s better with all due respects to Britton and Tate as an example who failed at their clubs but came good.

Big test next Saturday, we need to transform our form from yesterday to that game.

Two weeks to go mind 😉

Yesterday second half saw us mile more positive.
We need to keep that momentum up.
We need to start like that and screw them.
That is down to the coach.

Good to see we can rely on super fans like bobblehat.The club is so blessed.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 14:10 - Jan 16 with 981 viewsA_Fans_Dad

" It s all about next season for me, but we have to retain the real talent we have, Downes, Ntcham, Piroe being the prime players."

And therein lies the problem.
The better we do and they look the higher the likelihood of them being poached.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 14:18 - Jan 16 with 963 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 14:10 - Jan 16 by A_Fans_Dad

" It s all about next season for me, but we have to retain the real talent we have, Downes, Ntcham, Piroe being the prime players."

And therein lies the problem.
The better we do and they look the higher the likelihood of them being poached.

And it all goes to show it is all about the Owners.
Decent offers sees us sell.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 14:47 - Jan 16 with 923 viewsjasper_T

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 14:18 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

Brentford never complained about decent offers for their players. They sold their best and still managed to build year on year. It's next to impossible at this level to stop your stars from leaving, the challenge is for recruitment and development to outpace the losses, and get good fees as you go.

Making profits on player trading is vital to paying the wages Championship teams are offering. Bang average sides like Reading spend over 200% their income on wages. That's the environment we're competing in for signatures.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 14:47]
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 14:58 - Jan 16 with 902 viewsKeithHaynes

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 14:18 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

Liverpool sold Coutinho 🤷‍♀️

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 15:06 - Jan 16 with 890 viewsraynor94

Same as with every club

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 15:06 - Jan 16 with 889 viewsDr_Winston

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 14:47 - Jan 16 by jasper_T

Brentford never complained about decent offers for their players. They sold their best and still managed to build year on year. It's next to impossible at this level to stop your stars from leaving, the challenge is for recruitment and development to outpace the losses, and get good fees as you go.

Making profits on player trading is vital to paying the wages Championship teams are offering. Bang average sides like Reading spend over 200% their income on wages. That's the environment we're competing in for signatures.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 14:47]

We know that. Most people with a brain know that.

The concept still eludes Perchy.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 15:06 - Jan 16 with 888 viewsunion_jack

Highlights look good.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:53 - Jan 16 with 708 viewsYouBackJastard

Some permanently miserable buggers on this forum. Born with a frown on their face. Why bother is my question? Especially those who don’t even go to games!
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:57 - Jan 16 with 705 viewsDr_Parnassus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:53 - Jan 16 by YouBackJastard

Some permanently miserable buggers on this forum. Born with a frown on their face. Why bother is my question? Especially those who don’t even go to games!

Why be critical of a season where we are 17th come January? The lowest we have been at this point for about 12 years?

Because they are fans of the club and don’t like to see it struggling I would have thought. Going to games is an irrelevance.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 21:08 - Jan 16 with 696 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! on 20:57 - Jan 16 by Dr_Parnassus

Why be critical of a season where we are 17th come January? The lowest we have been at this point for about 12 years?

Because they are fans of the club and don’t like to see it struggling I would have thought. Going to games is an irrelevance.

From memory Potter had a difficult spell early in his reign. Bottom half in the leagues. Losing at home and away. He did then get a very solid run at home unbeaten but was dogged by often unlucky way defeats. This may have been because of playing unconvincing players like McKay Asoro and Celina at times.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024