Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC wokeness at its finest 22:42 - Apr 9 with 3825 viewsdingdangblue

She's overtaken Sir Bobby Charlton and closing in on Wayne Rooney's record 🤔

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61023831

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

BBC wokeness at its finest on 01:35 - Apr 10 with 3627 viewspioneer

Aye but watch out….some struggling championship player may declare to be a woman and score like crazy for England women.

There was a report on the web this week of Australia’s chief medical officer being asked during evidence to a government committee to explain to them what is a woman ….but he couldnt.
BBC wokeness at its finest on 05:50 - Apr 10 with 3532 viewsD_Alien

BBC wokeness at its finest on 01:35 - Apr 10 by pioneer

Aye but watch out….some struggling championship player may declare to be a woman and score like crazy for England women.

There was a report on the web this week of Australia’s chief medical officer being asked during evidence to a government committee to explain to them what is a woman ….but he couldnt.

Some of our fans aren't so sure either

As i stood on the Sandy against Swindon last week, someone behind me bellowed to one of their forwards "Get yer hair cut, yer big girl"

I looked round, and needless to say he was fat, ugly, a thick grin revealing yellowing teeth and hair cut with a pair of shears

Transitioning to a warthog definitely needs conversion therapy

[Post edited 10 Apr 2022 5:53]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBC wokeness at its finest on 08:15 - Apr 10 with 3411 viewsSandyDrum

Grown adults using the word ‘woke’ as an insult will never cease to be funny to me.

What part of this has offended you ddb? Why can’t you just celebrate an English footballer’s success?

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

BBC wokeness at its finest on 09:46 - Apr 10 with 3265 viewsdingdangblue

BBC wokeness at its finest on 08:15 - Apr 10 by SandyDrum

Grown adults using the word ‘woke’ as an insult will never cease to be funny to me.

What part of this has offended you ddb? Why can’t you just celebrate an English footballer’s success?

Comparing her goalscoring feats to that of Sir Bobby Charlton for a start. You can't have a list with both women's and men's goals on it. They are 2 different levels of football completely. Yes her achievements are great in the women's game - it's funny when Kane scored all his recent England goals I don't remember any media about him overtaking Kelly Smith and Ellen White at the time.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

BBC wokeness at its finest on 11:38 - Apr 10 with 3145 viewsDale_4_Life

OP correct in my eyes...

It's incomprehensible how this (talented,) lady footballer can be compared and in the same list as Charlton and Rooney.

It's two very different records.
BBC wokeness at its finest on 11:53 - Apr 10 with 3121 viewsD_Alien

BBC wokeness at its finest on 11:38 - Apr 10 by Dale_4_Life

OP correct in my eyes...

It's incomprehensible how this (talented,) lady footballer can be compared and in the same list as Charlton and Rooney.

It's two very different records.

Sadly, it's not incomprehensible

It's a typical example of the BBC trying too hard to be inclusive, at the expense of reality

The reality is that women's football is burgeoning and needs no facile comparisons with men's football. It stands on its own as an example of how sporting talent will attract interest and admiration without being used to advance cultural dystopia

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBC wokeness at its finest on 12:30 - Apr 10 with 3037 viewsSandyDrum

I agree that the records should be separate but I think going for the 'wokeness' card is really lazy.

I don't think they're trying to be woke (whatever that even means as it's usually just a buzz word thrown around on Twitter), more inclusive.

The men's game has been miles ahead for a long time, everybody knows that - but as the women's game increases to grow in popularity these comparisons will start to creep in.

She's a footballer, who plays for England and is an inspiration to a lot of young boys and girls out there - any attempt to play down her goalscoring attributes is detrimental to the game as a whole.

You're right, the BBC have probably gone about this the wrong way and should have compared her to other female players - but I really don't think it warrants its own thread about 'wokeness'.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

BBC wokeness at its finest on 08:01 - Apr 11 with 2590 viewshammerdale

BBC wokeness at its finest on 09:46 - Apr 10 by dingdangblue

Comparing her goalscoring feats to that of Sir Bobby Charlton for a start. You can't have a list with both women's and men's goals on it. They are 2 different levels of football completely. Yes her achievements are great in the women's game - it's funny when Kane scored all his recent England goals I don't remember any media about him overtaking Kelly Smith and Ellen White at the time.

Absolutely correct
Login to get fewer ads

BBC wokeness at its finest on 14:46 - Apr 11 with 2375 viewsjonahwhereru

Rachel Blackmore and Hollie Doyle in racing completely stand up to scrutiny when comparing their achievements / talents with over jockeys because it is a level playing field and talent wins out.
I remember Rachel Yankey in an interview once saying herself that women’s and men’s football are different because of the physicality levels. Let the terrific White reign supreme as the best goal scorer in the women’s game. Comparisons are pointless as there will never be women playing at a integrated fully professional level in this country.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024