Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS 11:26 - Apr 18 with 866 viewsdurham_exile

So, after the dismal defeat to Stevenage another dismal defeat to Exeter. This was more about team selection though with an ultra-defensive line up from WB.

We are currently not good enough to play 10 behind the ball for 90 minutes but WB doesn’t appear to know that. I am so angry, another season of struggle and waste, no progress, only regression.

It is so frustrating to travel to places like Exeter and have to endure virtual promotion celebrations while we once again look to simply survive. Next season will there be two worse teams than Colchester in League Two. We are running out of cannon fodder.
Table and remaining fixtures

Colchester United 42 45 (Bradford H, Newport A, Walsall H, Hartlepool A)
Barrow 41 40 (Salford A, Sutton H, Exeter A, Swindon A, Northampton H)
Stevenage 41 40 (Scunny A, Tranmere H, Mansfield A, Carlisle A, Salford H)
Oldham 42 37 (FGR A, Salford H, Tranmere A, Crawley H)
Scunny 42 24 Relegated (Stevenage H, Bradford A, Hartlepool H, Bristol A)

WE still need three points to be assured of League Football. Since the Harrogate game certain players have been on the beach and that includes management as well).

Another sleeping giant now led by Mark Hughes come to town today. Bradford, the Bantams, have languished in this league for too long (just as we have done).

We need a performance to gain those three points so that we can play some youngsters and think about next season.

I have booked my ticket for the Walsall Home game and will be going to the Monkey Hangers on the last day. Let us hope that we can gain those valuable points before then.

Of more pressing concern is the contract of Shamal George which needs renewing. Get it done.

I would imagine Corie Andrews has gone back to Wimbledon, totally wasted at Colchester because we simply didn’t play him. Sadly, Owura Edwards returned two weeks ago to Bristol City with a knee injury. A quality player who I would like to see back at the club next season.

Tyreik Wright will also go back to Villa, although not such a big loss.

Sam Hornby should be retained though, if possible, he has fallen down the pecking order at Bradford and was a good stand in for George when he was injured.

We might get to see the youngsters if those valuable three points can be garnered today.

Chay Cooper, Sam Cornish, Ryan Lowe, Donnell Thomas, Gene Kennedy, Samson Tovide should all get minutes between now and the end of the season.

The big question is will Big John Akinde get onto the field today. A 2.5-year contract and he has simply not been played sufficiently to justify the decision. Get him into the team today.

Cameron Coxe should not be risked today after leaving the field at Exeter.

Jon De Souza (as first identified by TOOT) has left the club in a pointer to next season. Can Tony Humes also go please.

So, who should WB play today:

He should line up:

George

Tchamadeu Chambers Eastman Smith

Skuse Wiredu

Hannant Chilvers

Akinde Sears

Subs
Hornby Judge Kenlock Wright Huws Wright Andrews (if still at the club)

A narrow win 2-1 to secure our league status.

Weather 15 degrees Celsius partly sunny no rain. Ideal for football.

Unfortunately, recent results will ensure another crowd struggling to make 2,750 even on a Bank Holiday.

Don’t forget it’s on iFollow today.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 14:07 - Apr 18 with 798 viewsdurham_exile

The best thing about the starting line up today is that Owura Edwards is back on the bench. Brilliant.

George

Tchamadeu Chambers Smith Kenlock

Wiredu Skuse

Judge Huws Chilvers

Sears

Subs

Collins MWH Hannant EDWARDS Eastman AKINDE Wright

Up the defensively minded U's

We need those three points

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:09 - Apr 18 with 782 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 14:07 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

The best thing about the starting line up today is that Owura Edwards is back on the bench. Brilliant.

George

Tchamadeu Chambers Smith Kenlock

Wiredu Skuse

Judge Huws Chilvers

Sears

Subs

Collins MWH Hannant EDWARDS Eastman AKINDE Wright

Up the defensively minded U's

We need those three points

Tchamadeu played in three times and each time he has failed to deliver the required cross

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:12 - Apr 18 with 779 viewsmfb_cufc

Oldham losing 1-0.

mfb

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:17 - Apr 18 with 777 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:12 - Apr 18 by mfb_cufc

Oldham losing 1-0.

Kenlock great goal.

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:23 - Apr 18 with 772 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:17 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Kenlock great goal.

It would be great to be safe tonight and we can then play without feat for the last three games.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:26 - Apr 18 with 769 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:23 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

It would be great to be safe tonight and we can then play without feat for the last three games.

Up the U's

Good to see Eddie back.
Looking fit.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:28 - Apr 18 with 767 viewsmfb_cufc

Barrow losing 1-0.

mfb

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:34 - Apr 18 with 764 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:28 - Apr 18 by mfb_cufc

Barrow losing 1-0.

Great header from Wiredu

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:41 - Apr 18 with 761 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:34 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Great header from Wiredu

Oldham 2 down at FGR

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:02 - Apr 18 with 751 viewsgerry_us

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 15:41 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Oldham 2 down at FGR

Up the U's

Just got home. Daughter's 50th birthday party last night.

Am I dreaming still?
Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:07 - Apr 18 with 747 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:02 - Apr 18 by gerry_us

Just got home. Daughter's 50th birthday party last night.

Am I dreaming still?

Hope you enjoyed the party.

Good value for the lead. Bradford on the beach

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:12 - Apr 18 with 744 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:07 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Hope you enjoyed the party.

Good value for the lead. Bradford on the beach

Up the U's

Sparky is seething

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:23 - Apr 18 with 737 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:12 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Sparky is seething

Up the U's

Attendance 2893

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:26 - Apr 18 with 735 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:23 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Attendance 2893

Up the U's

Bradford down to 10 men

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:28 - Apr 18 with 733 viewsgerry_us

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:26 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Bradford down to 10 men

We are in danger of the remainder of the season being "really" boring
Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:33 - Apr 18 with 730 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:28 - Apr 18 by gerry_us

We are in danger of the remainder of the season being "really" boring

Survival with three to play.

Easy!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:34 - Apr 18 with 727 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:33 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Survival with three to play.

Easy!!!!

Up the U's

Great strike from Sears
15 for the season

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:40 - Apr 18 with 723 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:34 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Great strike from Sears
15 for the season

Sears off Edwards on

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:48 - Apr 18 with 718 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:40 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Sears off Edwards on

Any chance of two minutes action for Big John?

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:50 - Apr 18 with 716 viewsgerry_us

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:40 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Sears off Edwards on

...coz we don't want to score any more do we?
Could destroy managers reputation.
Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:52 - Apr 18 with 715 viewsdurham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 16:50 - Apr 18 by gerry_us

...coz we don't want to score any more do we?
Could destroy managers reputation.

Safe for another year.

Build for next season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 18:24 - Apr 18 with 664 viewsbwildered

A can we play you every week scenario.If the big man cannot get game time in the last ten against ten, wonder if and when he will or can .
U’s looked tidy with the five across the middle with Chilvers showing the threat. Good sides further up the division will play with more intensity to create problems which was not the case today.
A walk in the park, but will not answer any questions regards team selection for next season.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 20:06 - Apr 18 with 630 viewsthrillseeker

I enjoyed today's match although bizarrely it felt more like a pre-season fixture.

I was worried with the starting XI but in the end no need.

Warm weather was a bonus

Very happy we are staying up.

Planning for next season starts tomorrow

Still not convinced WB is the answer
Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 20:08 - Apr 18 with 625 viewsburnsieespana

Really good ultimately we have done it by our own efforts
Think we might have a few surprises before the new season starts.
Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 10:50 - Apr 19 with 549 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Bantams to go down with Avian flu at the JSCS on 20:06 - Apr 18 by thrillseeker

I enjoyed today's match although bizarrely it felt more like a pre-season fixture.

I was worried with the starting XI but in the end no need.

Warm weather was a bonus

Very happy we are staying up.

Planning for next season starts tomorrow

Still not convinced WB is the answer

I also thought it very much had the feel of an end of season/pre-season match. Bradford were firmly on their holidays already and I felt we were pretty dominant from start to finish although if you look at the BBC stats you might think otherwise. Just goes to show that stats don't always give a true reflection of the game as we were good value for the 3-0 and could've had a couple more.

I too thought the team seemed a bit strange with five central players in midfield. The lack of width concerned me somewhat but with Bradford barely breaking sweat it actually seemed to work quite well.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024