Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exeter City (a) Match Thread 11:06 - Apr 22 with 13554 viewsHullDale

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 17:43 - Apr 23 with 4313 viewselectricblue

The first 15/20mins Dale casually passed the ball around making Exter work after missing two changes it bacame hard work.
Exeter came back into the game and started to create half chances and the feeling was that Exeter will score eventually...
Without slating players RS should have given Thomas game time instead of Andrews, i can see Thomas leaving in the summer unless he in under contract

Exeter played pushing and knowingly a goal would come....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 17:51 - Apr 23 with 4247 viewsNorthernDale

Why is it, we had 53 % possession, but still fail to score and still get beat, we may get plaudits for our passing game and it was the same under BBM, but we still cannot win games.

RS need to sort it out next season.
Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 18:04 - Apr 23 with 4178 viewskrafty80

I thought the substitutions were alarmingly baffling today. Charman urgently needs a goal from somewhere, and it's not like we had a compelling replacement on the bench. In the five minutes after the changes, we had Corey at left wing, Swiss Army Jimmy on the 9 role closing down their keeper, and Grant sitting in front of the back four. None of the players seemed to know where to be, and the confusion yielded an Exeter goal. Yet another dismal half after a reasonable first 45 min, and another game that begs questions about RS's tactical acumen going forward.
Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 18:35 - Apr 23 with 4033 viewsjonahwhereru

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 17:43 - Apr 23 by electricblue

The first 15/20mins Dale casually passed the ball around making Exter work after missing two changes it bacame hard work.
Exeter came back into the game and started to create half chances and the feeling was that Exeter will score eventually...
Without slating players RS should have given Thomas game time instead of Andrews, i can see Thomas leaving in the summer unless he in under contract

Exeter played pushing and knowingly a goal would come....

Now I have been supportive of RS this season and he and his staff know far more about the game than me. However unless he is keen to get Andrews back here next season, which he may be, I could not fathom why he didn’t bring on Thomas instead of Andrews. That seemed such a conservative option. Can’t see what was to loose for the club in fielding Thomas. I was a chance to get some ‘man’s football’ to quote RS. It would have given encouragement to the lad to sign for us. It would have gone a little credence to our fading reputation of giving youth a chance.
If we don’t offer any contract to the under 18’s this year I can see Tony Ellis going and that would be a disaster. I heard on the podcast they had offered some certainty to a 15 year old this week. I hope there is substance to that.
UTDNFS
Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 19:03 - Apr 23 with 3918 viewsboromat

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 18:35 - Apr 23 by jonahwhereru

Now I have been supportive of RS this season and he and his staff know far more about the game than me. However unless he is keen to get Andrews back here next season, which he may be, I could not fathom why he didn’t bring on Thomas instead of Andrews. That seemed such a conservative option. Can’t see what was to loose for the club in fielding Thomas. I was a chance to get some ‘man’s football’ to quote RS. It would have given encouragement to the lad to sign for us. It would have gone a little credence to our fading reputation of giving youth a chance.
If we don’t offer any contract to the under 18’s this year I can see Tony Ellis going and that would be a disaster. I heard on the podcast they had offered some certainty to a 15 year old this week. I hope there is substance to that.
UTDNFS

From the post match interview I may be reading too much into it but it sounded like RS is considering Andrews potentially for next season. Just the way he states he's had a broken season and wanted to see more of him before next season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 21:09 - Apr 23 with 3622 viewsD_Dale

Well, at least Exeter's (likely) promotion will save the Dale team, whoever is in it, a journey to the south-west next season.

https://www.skysports.com/football/exeter-city-vs-rochdale/448961
Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 21:22 - Apr 23 with 3572 viewsboromat

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 21:09 - Apr 23 by D_Dale

Well, at least Exeter's (likely) promotion will save the Dale team, whoever is in it, a journey to the south-west next season.

Quite happy for them. They've been so close for so many years without making it so be good to see them get an opportunity in League One.

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 22:40 - Apr 23 with 3436 viewspioneer

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 21:22 - Apr 23 by boromat

Quite happy for them. They've been so close for so many years without making it so be good to see them get an opportunity in League One.

And avoids what has become a banker winless game for us. I wasnt at either of the two games mentioned earlierin this. My several trips down there have all been winless.
Login to get fewer ads

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 23:07 - Apr 23 with 3371 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I wonder what Stockdale’s thinking was to bring 3 youth players along for the trip and not give any of them game time, more so when the result was determined with the first goal.
Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 23:17 - Apr 23 with 3330 viewsD_Dale

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 17:38 - Apr 23 by DaleFan7

Our last 6 away games, Played 6 Lost 6 Scored 1 Conceded 10.

Yet, of 22 home matches, Dale have lost 4: only Exeter and Sutton have lost fewer.
Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 23:33 - Apr 23 with 3290 viewsnordenblue

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 23:07 - Apr 23 by Albert_Whitehurst

I wonder what Stockdale’s thinking was to bring 3 youth players along for the trip and not give any of them game time, more so when the result was determined with the first goal.

Probably just to get them used to the first team environment etc on a match day
Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 00:20 - Apr 24 with 3217 viewsscarrow

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 21:09 - Apr 23 by D_Dale

Swapped with South East and Gillingham
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 0:21]

Poll: Final position

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 03:25 - Apr 24 with 3083 viewsCanadaDale

We had absolutely nothing to play for and we still played conservative, boring and predictable football.
Totally lacking ambition to go for it with nothing to lose and the expectations on them to win.
First 15 minutes I thought here we go pressures off and we’re giving it a go. It then just turned into every other shite boring and lacklustre game we’ve had to endure this season.
Play the young lads as it can only benefit them and there’s no point dragging them all the way down there if you intend on playing a loanee striker instead who we already know about.
Next season has to be much better!
Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 07:31 - Apr 24 with 2999 viewsboromat

Just experience for them I should imagine. They also stopped on the way down and trained at West Brom. So won't have been all about getting minutes in terms of experience.

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 08:50 - Apr 24 with 2920 viewsTVOS1907

Primarily, I would think, to ensure we had a full compliment of subs, given the injury depleted squad at the moment.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 18:30 - Apr 24 with 2524 viewsscarrow

3 I can only count 2

Poll: Final position

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 18:40 - Apr 24 with 2479 viewsTVOS1907

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 17:51 - Apr 23 by NorthernDale

Why is it, we had 53 % possession, but still fail to score and still get beat, we may get plaudits for our passing game and it was the same under BBM, but we still cannot win games.

RS need to sort it out next season.

Depends where we had that possession.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 15:26 - Apr 25 with 1946 viewsAtThePeake

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 21:22 - Apr 23 by boromat

And a great example of fan ownership proving a success.

Tangled up in blue.

Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 15:35 - Apr 25 with 1923 viewssamueloneils

Missed opportunities at Exeter,

Dale safe from relegation

2 "free" games to go

Takes Scanlon and Thomas all the way down and back. Not a sniff of action.

2 goals down- nothing to lose.

Odoh brought in to start- he was easily Dale`s best player- ran at their defence throughout- should have had a penalty early on. Done and Charman inocuous.

What does RS need to know about Matt Done as astriker? Why play him instead of Andrews anyway, who at least knows where the net is. If he blows out then replace him.

We will never get a better chance to see how far on are the youngters.

Astonishing!
Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 17:09 - Apr 25 with 1767 viewsDale_4_Life

Agreed with most on here....

The team has to perform much better on Saturday
Exeter City (a) Match Thread on 20:30 - Apr 25 with 1548 viewsRotherhamDale

I think we looked exactly what we are. A decent footballing team when we get it right but much weaker than the teams at the top.

Looking forward to next season when we've hopefully got rid of some of the weaker players and we have Campbell and Ball fit

Possession with progression.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024