Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS 22:17 - Apr 29 with 959 viewsdurham_exile

After a great Away win at Rodney Parade last Friday, the Super U’s return home for the last League at the JSCS this season. And Yours truly will be there to witness a classy Home win.

The U’s will be aiming for a third consecutive victory after the impressive results against Bradford and Newport. With the Seasonal Awards to take place immediately after the game and the opportunity for the fans to thank Junior Tchamadeu for his EFL League Two award for Apprentice of the Year it is hoped that we might get a decent attendance too (4,500 perhaps).

The Exiles will be there is force with Wessex and family travelling by train and me driving down from Durham (260 miles each way). My first home game of the season as well to go with the eleven Away matches. I will be at the Monkey Hangers next week for the final game of the season.

A win tomorrow and we could go 13th in the table.

Walsall 44 53
Hartlepool 44 53
Bradford 44 52
COL U 44 51
Rochdale 44 50
Harrogate 44 50
Carlisle 44 50
Barrow 44 44
Stevenage 44 44
Oldham 44 37 R
Scunny 44 25 R

I regret Oldham’s departure from the league, I was hoping that Stevenage would have gone but our poor performance recently against them ultimately helped keep them up.

One thing is certain there cannot be another struggling season next year. We are fast running out of poor teams in League Two.

Tomorrow, we play the Saddlers led by Michael Flynn (a loathsome creature) he say he hates the place (Colchester) because his record as player and manager here is poor. Well, we were poor at the Bescot earlier in the season and it would be great to bow out at home with a 5-0 drubbing of the Walsall team tomorrow.

Walsall play tomorrow in their commemorative third kit of white, but next season their main club sponsor will be Poundland.

Notable in their ranks will be Liam Kinsella son of Mark.

This week also marked a milestone 14 years since the last ever game at Layer Road (the narrow 1-0 defeat to Stoke City) which also marked our relegation to League One. We are long overdue to get back to the rarefied air of the EFL League One.

Now a couple of weeks ago I suggested that some or all of the following should get some game time before the end of the season; Chay Cooper, Sam Cornish, Ryan Lowe, Donnell Thomas, Gene Kennedy and Samson Tovide.

However, I am inclined not to change a winning side and would therefore suggest:

George

Tchamadeu Chambers Smith Kenlock

Wiredu Skuse

Chilvers Judge

Akinde Sears

Subs
Hornby MWH Edwards Hannant Huws Eastman Coxe

Please, please play two up front and let us see John Akinde get 90 minutes on the field.

Then whatever we do make sure we persuade Bristol City to let us sign Owura Edwards and from Wimbledon, Corie Andrews. Bigger mites in cheese you say but nothing ventured as they say.

Then if we can keep Noah Chilvers (Now worth £1.5m) for one more season he will fire us to League One.

One player that I would be interested in the club signing is midfielder Davis Keillor-Dunn from the relegated Latics.

Weather tomorrow will be 13 degrees Celsius and sunny intervals. Little chance of any precipitation.

The pitch should be good and let us see if we can sign off at home with an impressive victory.

I would imagine that RC will be announcing the permanent appointment after the Hartlepool game and I would think that he will be sticking with WB. Whether JD is part of the package remains to be seen. Then we get the transfer business done early and hide Noah Chilvers away in darkest North Essex until August.

Safe journey to all travelling Exiles and enjoy the game.

The Blue and White stripes are back next season.

Prediction 5-0 Colchester

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 06:39 - Apr 30 with 909 viewswessex_exile

Excellent write-up as ever Durham, I will look out for you in what I hope will be a reasonably full South Stand! Like you, whilst I like the ‘romance’ of giving some of our young talent a run-out in the last two games, I’d much prefer we finished on a high note with (hopefully) two more wins. And not forgetting technically Wayne hasn’t got the job yet, so we must start with our strongest XI. The nippers can come on in injury time after Noah has banged away our fifth

Safe travels to one and all - Up the U’s!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 07:06 - Apr 30 with 907 viewsnoah4x4

Two up front? At home? When being praised in the Gazette for sticking with 4-3-2-1? There is not a chance that WB will change that, nor will Akinde start, until Humes follows De Souza out of the door.

Sadly, I will be absent, and again absent at Hartlepool due to commitments involving leather on willow. Folk can catch my (cricket) live stream from 12:30 if they Google 'Colchester Play Cricket' and visit today's match centre. Should be less depressing than watching Essex capitulate with the bat. Yesterday at CloudFM was shocking.

But let's also cheer on the six year old kids in the scooter stunt team from Myland School on BGT. Lots of good TV today. I will catch up with the U's on I-Follow tomorrow. So travel well Wessex and Durham.
Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 11:49 - Apr 30 with 863 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 06:39 - Apr 30 by wessex_exile

Excellent write-up as ever Durham, I will look out for you in what I hope will be a reasonably full South Stand! Like you, whilst I like the ‘romance’ of giving some of our young talent a run-out in the last two games, I’d much prefer we finished on a high note with (hopefully) two more wins. And not forgetting technically Wayne hasn’t got the job yet, so we must start with our strongest XI. The nippers can come on in injury time after Noah has banged away our fifth

Safe travels to one and all - Up the U’s!!

Wessex hope to see you.
Currently at Cambridge Services.

Decent journey.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 12:50 - Apr 30 with 852 viewswessex_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 11:49 - Apr 30 by durham_exile

Wessex hope to see you.
Currently at Cambridge Services.

Decent journey.
Up the U's

Checking in at Hamilton Hall for a quick one (or two), catching the connection soon. Likewise, good journey so far!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 14:23 - Apr 30 with 836 viewsgerry_us

Team announced, 4 4 2, repeat four,four,two. Has he gone mad or summat?
Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 14:42 - Apr 30 with 831 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 14:23 - Apr 30 by gerry_us

Team announced, 4 4 2, repeat four,four,two. Has he gone mad or summat?

Never

Hornby in goal

Wiredu Huws

Hannant Judge Chilvers

Sears

Really disappointed not to see the big man

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 14:44 - Apr 30 with 827 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 14:42 - Apr 30 by durham_exile

Never

Hornby in goal

Wiredu Huws

Hannant Judge Chilvers

Sears

Really disappointed not to see the big man

Up the U's

The other disappointment is the sparse crowd.

I had to shout to get my neighbours attention 50 yards away

Up the U:s

Durham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:58 - Apr 30 with 821 viewsgerry_us

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 14:44 - Apr 30 by durham_exile

The other disappointment is the sparse crowd.

I had to shout to get my neighbours attention 50 yards away

Up the U:s

They are perhaps just keeping their distance!

I'll sit next to you next week if you behave.
and BBC showed U's in 4.4.2. Thought
it couldn't be true....and it wasn't.
Login to get fewer ads

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:11 - Apr 30 with 817 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:58 - Apr 30 by gerry_us

They are perhaps just keeping their distance!

I'll sit next to you next week if you behave.
and BBC showed U's in 4.4.2. Thought
it couldn't be true....and it wasn't.

That's great Gerry

At least the big man is on but we have forgotten how to play since they scored (two)

Come on

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:21 - Apr 30 with 812 viewsgerry_us

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:11 - Apr 30 by durham_exile

That's great Gerry

At least the big man is on but we have forgotten how to play since they scored (two)

Come on

Up the U's

Happier now? 2-2
Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:26 - Apr 30 with 804 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:21 - Apr 30 by gerry_us

Happier now? 2-2

A little Noah Chilvers has just missed a sitter.

Akinde makes a difference.

I would like to see Edwards get some minutes.

Up the U's

By the way the crowd is better and I have supporters around me now!

Durham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:29 - Apr 30 with 803 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:26 - Apr 30 by durham_exile

A little Noah Chilvers has just missed a sitter.

Akinde makes a difference.

I would like to see Edwards get some minutes.

Up the U's

By the way the crowd is better and I have supporters around me now!

Clever by Chilvers he has missed two sitters knocking 500k off his valuation!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:55 - Apr 30 with 795 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:29 - Apr 30 by durham_exile

Clever by Chilvers he has missed two sitters knocking 500k off his valuation!

Up the U's

A Desmond

Just waiting for the Players to come back out

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 19:00 - Apr 30 with 754 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:55 - Apr 30 by durham_exile

A Desmond

Just waiting for the Players to come back out

Up the U's

Attendance 3,520

1,000 less than I hoped but probably less than 200 from Walsall.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 19:12 - Apr 30 with 747 viewsbwildered

Surprisingly a high tempo game for the penultimate game, but full credit to both clubs for a open encounter.
Sadly this display become only possible due to fixture fulfilment, rather than a requirement of a result for something more noteworthy.
The club must sort out interim positions quickly for everyone involved, players and fans alike.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 20:46 - Apr 30 with 723 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 19:12 - Apr 30 by bwildered

Surprisingly a high tempo game for the penultimate game, but full credit to both clubs for a open encounter.
Sadly this display become only possible due to fixture fulfilment, rather than a requirement of a result for something more noteworthy.
The club must sort out interim positions quickly for everyone involved, players and fans alike.

The players were brilliant with the fans. Taking time for selfies, signings and so on.

Joe Dunne was left on his own but he too made time for the faithful.

The player's children showed some real football skills and it was a positive end to the season at home.

Pity we didn't win (Chilvers missed two sitters second half) because I can't stand Flynn.

Still unbeaten in three and just the Monkey Hangers to come.

The wheels fell off at Home Park today - shame!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 21:22 - Apr 30 with 715 viewsdurham_exile

Saddlers to fall at the first after leathering by the Super U's at the JSCS on 20:46 - Apr 30 by durham_exile

The players were brilliant with the fans. Taking time for selfies, signings and so on.

Joe Dunne was left on his own but he too made time for the faithful.

The player's children showed some real football skills and it was a positive end to the season at home.

Pity we didn't win (Chilvers missed two sitters second half) because I can't stand Flynn.

Still unbeaten in three and just the Monkey Hangers to come.

The wheels fell off at Home Park today - shame!

Up the U's

The object thrown by a Walsall thug at Sam Hornby in the second half was a stone .

It was handed to a steward on the half way line by the ref
Shocking early they couldn't afford any coins.

This simply must stop.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024