Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Legal advice on propery. 10:13 - Jun 29 with 2560 viewselectricblue

We are interested in a property in Scotland and we enquired about it yesterday.

They said that there is a title problem andbody know what that might entail..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Legal advice on propery. on 10:46 - Jun 29 with 2477 viewsSuddenLad

There may be questions as to who legally owns it or the land it occupies. There may be a dispute regarding a will or inheritance and until that issue is settled, the transfer of title can't take place.

It could run and run.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Legal advice on propery. on 11:28 - Jun 29 with 2412 viewsDaleiLama

Further to SL's advice:

G/f's daughter bought a place which had never previously been registered with land registry. Land registry in England was severely backed up due to Covid, and whilst there is an procedure to expedite (which can only be used if there will be a delay to a sale apparently) we were told that LR just sail along at their own speed and it can take a year+.

This could also be the issue.

The sellers should have a solicitor - ask the estate agents acting on behalf of the sellers to contact their solicitors and send you details of the "problem" by e-mail. If you are keen to pursue, have your solicitor advise you based on the specifics.

As SL mentioned, if you are in any kind of a hurry, don't touch it with a barge pole until you understand the exact issues and even contact the local authority if it pertains to land registry. I'm no expert in this area ...... just what I've gleaned along the way. Of course, Scottish law may be different to English law in some details too - you need to be fully clued up - there's a ton of stuff on the web. As with the hostile takeover, make sure you do your due diligence!!! Caveat emptor.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Legal advice on propery. on 15:18 - Jun 29 with 2230 viewsnordenblue

Did you not ask what exactly the problem is, can be a few different things but most are possible to work around.

Can be a few things lost deeds, right of way,issue with land registry etc, without knowing the specifics it's impossible to say how hard/easy it is to solve though, as others said be careful.
Legal advice on propery. on 15:19 - Jun 29 with 2228 viewsYorkshire_Dale

You will need a Scottish Solicitor for starters.......they have their own laws and are not governed by English Land law.
Legal advice on propery. on 15:50 - Jun 29 with 2167 viewsTVOS1907

Legal advice on propery. on 15:19 - Jun 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

You will need a Scottish Solicitor for starters.......they have their own laws and are not governed by English Land law.

More random Jocks.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Legal advice on propery. on 17:58 - Jun 29 with 2031 viewselectricblue

I will try and put a clearer picture on things.
The property is a semi detached cottage(No2) that requires renovation work as it as been empty for 10yrs as the previous owner passed away that far back.
We called to have a look at the property as we where not to far away from the location and to get a feel for the place..

Luckily the owner of next door(No1) had come home from cycling for a few hours and him, myself and my missus got chatting to him looking for info.

He asked have you seen the garage next to the property set at an angle, well that garage is on my land but the driveway belongs to No2 that had me puzzled as the land is nowhere near to No1.
Then he said the oil container for the CH next to No2 extention is on my land.....
Really i thought..
Then he said that the hill behind the property which is covered in woodland is mine.
So i asked a those young saplings sprouting up at the side and the rear are surely not yours as they are to close to the property...
The property as two extentions on the side where the garage is, these extentions may or may have had approval but he didnt know..

When i then asked about the issue with the title and that is why is as not been sold he got a little shirty and said he knows nothing about it.
So i think it as been empty for 10yrs and he is trying to say he as a claim on the said land..

We contacted the estate agent and they said it is about the land at the rear and where the garage is located..
So if the garage as been on that land for at least 10yrs why didnt the previous owner of No1 object!

Something is not right and i think its the owner of cottage No1 pulling a flanker

Legal advice on propery. on 18:12 - Jun 29 with 2020 views49thseason

Legal advice on propery. on 17:58 - Jun 29 by electricblue

I will try and put a clearer picture on things.
The property is a semi detached cottage(No2) that requires renovation work as it as been empty for 10yrs as the previous owner passed away that far back.
We called to have a look at the property as we where not to far away from the location and to get a feel for the place..

Luckily the owner of next door(No1) had come home from cycling for a few hours and him, myself and my missus got chatting to him looking for info.

He asked have you seen the garage next to the property set at an angle, well that garage is on my land but the driveway belongs to No2 that had me puzzled as the land is nowhere near to No1.
Then he said the oil container for the CH next to No2 extention is on my land.....
Really i thought..
Then he said that the hill behind the property which is covered in woodland is mine.
So i asked a those young saplings sprouting up at the side and the rear are surely not yours as they are to close to the property...
The property as two extentions on the side where the garage is, these extentions may or may have had approval but he didnt know..

When i then asked about the issue with the title and that is why is as not been sold he got a little shirty and said he knows nothing about it.
So i think it as been empty for 10yrs and he is trying to say he as a claim on the said land..

We contacted the estate agent and they said it is about the land at the rear and where the garage is located..
So if the garage as been on that land for at least 10yrs why didnt the previous owner of No1 object!

Something is not right and i think its the owner of cottage No1 pulling a flanker

Given all that, why get involved? On the face of it you are looking at a money pit and even if you manage to buy it and renovate it the bloke next door will still be a problem, and there is nothing worse than an arse for a neighbour,. Better to walk away and save your money for a better / easier prospect. Either that or buy next door as well!
Legal advice on propery. on 19:45 - Jun 29 with 1912 viewselectricblue

We walked away from it..

Login to get fewer ads

Legal advice on propery. on 21:04 - Jun 29 with 1721 viewsTVOS1907

Legal advice on propery. on 19:45 - Jun 29 by electricblue

We walked away from it..

You should have borrowed the neighbour's bike and cycled away instead.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024