Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 12:44 - Jul 25 with 28410 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the first game of the season at a newly promoted side away from home. The likely outcome is obvious but we have to have some hope. A draw would be decent, these first games of the season away from home are no guide but can often end in defeat.

Away Fans Info
A decent place to meet is at the union club and the owner opens his front and back doors to away fans for all Rotherham United matches. Here are the details.

The Union Club, ( Transport Club )
Union Street,
Masbrough,
Rotherham S61 1AA

The owner Paul is on 07565853802 if you want to contact him to open up at a certain time. They sell a wide range of beers, cider and have a decent pub food menu. About a ten minute walk to the stadium.

Rotherham ‘Facts Explained ’
Gordon Banks is from Rotherham, he was a goalkeeper who only had one eye when he retired. Gordon in currently dead. Pocket Handkerchief Lane, now there’s a name to work with ? It’s a name of a lane in Rotherham. It is said that in this lane the Pocket Handkerchief was first conceived. Not literally. However we think that could be a load of bollocks. The Chuckle brothers are from Rotherham. Nowadays they are a singular act as one of them is also currently dead. Saxon and Jive Bunny are from the town, hard to work out I know. Especially when legend has it that Barnsley is where Saxon hail from. Even more difficult is Jive Bunny. They do come from Rotherham and often got themselves in a right pickle.

We know you won’t believe this but the first football was made out of cheese in Rotherham. It was made by a chap called Billy Miller. Billy was the cousin of another Rotherham great named William of Hague. Hence the nickname ‘The Millers’ That’s possibly enough true, startling and fun facts for now.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58075/big-swansea-city-s

Rotherham United: Viktor Johansson, Wes Harding, Dan Barlaser, Richard Wood (captain), Ben Wiles, Chiedozie Ogbene, Conor Washington, Jamie Lindsay, Shane Ferguson, Grant Hall, Cam Humphreys.

Substitutes: Josh Vickers, Cohen Bramall, Jamie McCart, Georgie Kelly, Scott High, Hakeem Odoffin, Peter Kioso.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Ben Cabango, Ollie Cooper, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Cameron Congreve.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 12:31 - Jul 30 with 1514 viewsonehunglow

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 11:37 - Jul 30 by Badlands

Back line may well be shaky. There wasn’t a lot of time for the new players to bed into a back three or four and Cabango hasn’t had any game time with them.

In that case we should keep it simple and give them any chances gratis .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 13:05 - Jul 30 with 1463 viewsblaenaugwentjack

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 11:37 - Jul 30 by Badlands

Back line may well be shaky. There wasn’t a lot of time for the new players to bed into a back three or four and Cabango hasn’t had any game time with them.

My thoughts exactly, probably to early for Canango to start today.
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 13:35 - Jul 30 with 1425 viewsswan_si

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 13:05 - Jul 30 by blaenaugwentjack

My thoughts exactly, probably to early for Canango to start today.

He played 60 minutes for the under 21s last week, he said afterwards that he felt good and could have played 80 or 90 minutes, I'd start him and sub him if and when necessary.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 13:49]
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 13:45 - Jul 30 with 1396 viewsswan65split

First one of a new season, just hope its a performance to please those making the long trip...
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:01 - Jul 30 with 1341 viewsKeithHaynes

Rotherham United: Viktor Johansson, Wes Harding, Dan Barlaser, Richard Wood (captain), Ben Wiles, Chiedozie Ogbene, Conor Washington, Jamie Lindsay, Shane Ferguson, Grant Hall, Cam Humphreys.

Substitutes: Josh Vickers, Cohen Bramall, Jamie McCart, Georgie Kelly, Scott High, Hakeem Odoffin, Peter Kioso.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Ben Cabango, Ollie Cooper, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Cameron Congreve.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:02 - Jul 30 with 1333 viewsKeithHaynes

For me that just shows us how weak we still are. Fingers crossed folks 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:05 - Jul 30 with 1307 viewsNotLoyal

I want to be positive !!!!!!!!!!

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:05 - Jul 30 with 1307 viewsjackrmee

How is Ntcham still not it enough to start?

If he actually is, he's obviously not able to fit into this formation?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:06 - Jul 30 with 1298 viewsblaenaugwentjack

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:02 - Jul 30 by KeithHaynes

For me that just shows us how weak we still are. Fingers crossed folks 👍

Playing Lati and Manning on the bench? Not a good choice if you ask me
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:11 - Jul 30 with 1263 viewsjojaca

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:06 - Jul 30 by blaenaugwentjack

Playing Lati and Manning on the bench? Not a good choice if you ask me

I hope Lati is not wingback. I would rather Naughton there. The squad today shows we are lacking 3/4 decent players for promotion hunt.

Even when you know, you never know?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:16 - Jul 30 with 1229 viewsonehunglow

I’m staying out of this .
Come on my lovely boys

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:18 - Jul 30 with 1228 viewsblaenaugwentjack

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:11 - Jul 30 by jojaca

I hope Lati is not wingback. I would rather Naughton there. The squad today shows we are lacking 3/4 decent players for promotion hunt.

I think he is well it's how I see us linning up. Could be a long afternoon
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:19 - Jul 30 with 1224 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is this on ifollow? Can’t find it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:20 - Jul 30 with 1216 viewsRichardO

Same line up that started second half against Chalton if I remember correctly.
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:27 - Jul 30 with 1175 viewsmagicdaps10

Ogbene playing.

You know what to do.... Lump on 😂

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:28 - Jul 30 with 1168 viewsonehunglow

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:18 - Jul 30 by blaenaugwentjack

I think he is well it's how I see us linning up. Could be a long afternoon

Rotherham are favourites to go straight back down and have by far the lowest budget
I’d say we should be confident.

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:37 - Jul 30 with 1136 viewsGixerJack

Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:52 - Jul 25 by pencoedjack

1 3

Grimes (pen)
Piroe 2

😂😂😂

Grimes (pen)

😂😂😂
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 14:38 - Jul 30 with 1114 viewsDr_Parnassus

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 (UPDATED TUES ) on 10:43 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

So then lads, it's match day.

Before the game starts, I will be very interested to see if Ogbene starts for them.

Would like to see Manning start on the left and Sorinola on the right.

First game, Rotherham promoted and on a high, never easy to play one of the promoted teams first game especially at their place.

Would be happy enough without losing today, a win would be great but it's a bit of a banana skin this one so won't be making any silly predictions with this one.

“First game, Rotherham promoted and on a high, never easy to play one of the promoted teams first game especially at their place.”

Is that true? It sounds like one of those myths.

Last season the three promoted teams got 3 points between them from their first home game.

3-0 loss
2-0 loss
2-1 win

The season before:-

1-0 loss
1-0 loss
3-2 win

Most newly promoted teams lose in their first home game from the examples above.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:42 - Jul 30 with 1093 viewsThrasher6

As I'm a glass half full sort of guy....I've backed us at 2/1 today. Too big...we'll see...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:45 - Jul 30 with 1070 viewsDr_Parnassus

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:42 - Jul 30 by Thrasher6

As I'm a glass half full sort of guy....I've backed us at 2/1 today. Too big...we'll see...

Don’t mention having a bet on something on here. There are some sensitive souls.

Are you giving all your winnings to charity?

You are “acting in your own interests and skimming” if not… apparently.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:47 - Jul 30 with 1065 viewsswan65split

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:19 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Is this on ifollow? Can’t find it

Should be. 5 mins before the start.
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:50 - Jul 30 with 1052 viewsBadlands

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:11 - Jul 30 by jojaca

Naughton has lost the speed needed to play wing back and having Darling and Wood in a back four didn’t work.
The inclusion of Cabango and Allen would completely change that side for the better.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:54 - Jul 30 with 1035 viewsjojaca

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 14:50 - Jul 30 by Badlands

Naughton has lost the speed needed to play wing back and having Darling and Wood in a back four didn’t work.
The inclusion of Cabango and Allen would completely change that side for the better.

I would still back Naughton over Lati in a foot race. Lati is one of the slowest players I have ever seen in my 30 plus years watching football.

Even when you know, you never know?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:07 - Jul 30 with 944 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Interesting first goal kick of the season we hit long and nearly catch the opposition out.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:09 - Jul 30 with 915 viewsThrasher6

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:07 - Jul 30 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Interesting first goal kick of the season we hit long and nearly catch the opposition out.

That's the new guy.....the dead ball expert....lovely

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024