Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morecambe for sale 14:49 - Sep 2 with 19592 viewsAllBlueDale

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2022/september/club-statement/

Morecambe for sale on 22:14 - Sep 26 with 5830 viewsfermin

Morecambe for sale on 18:02 - Sep 26 by blackdogblue

The Caretaker & his wife have obviously stopped getting paid but“evicted” is a bit severe…. Insurance policy cancelled from midnight as well..

I suppose the next step will be Morecambe if they are linked at all financially?

Looking at the Morecambe forum it appears that they have the equivalent of the Morris clause on their ground in that the ground is owned in trust for the benefit of the club/people of Morecambe but not by the club itself (if I understand it correctly). So at least they have that even if they have to cut a swathe through other things.
Morecambe for sale on 23:37 - Feb 7 with 5099 viewskel

Just been reading this thread on Twitter

Worrying for their fans.
Morecambe for sale on 23:48 - Feb 7 with 5089 viewsRAFCBLUE

Morecambe for sale on 23:37 - Feb 7 by kel

Just been reading this thread on Twitter

Worrying for their fans.

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/sport/football/morecambe-supporters-group-re

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Morecambe for sale on 00:02 - Feb 8 with 5066 viewsSandyman

Has the no-hoper with multiple Twitter identities got wind of this? Sounds like his kind of rubbish. "Deal gone wrong Sarjbot? Need an "experienced" football CEO?"
Morecambe for sale on 08:40 - Feb 8 with 4837 viewsjudd

Morecambe for sale on 00:02 - Feb 8 by Sandyman

Has the no-hoper with multiple Twitter identities got wind of this? Sounds like his kind of rubbish. "Deal gone wrong Sarjbot? Need an "experienced" football CEO?"

£5m cash appearing on the balance sheet out of nowhere?

Where have we seen this sort of thing before?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Morecambe for sale on 11:08 - Feb 8 with 4631 viewsDorkingDale

Morecambe for sale on 08:40 - Feb 8 by judd

OMG - he's even been showing off his Cullinan on Twitter......it's like a recurrent bad dream.
Morecambe for sale on 11:33 - Feb 8 with 4562 viewsDorkingDale

Morecambe for sale on 11:08 - Feb 8 by DorkingDale

OMG - he's even been showing off his Cullinan on Twitter......it's like a recurrent bad dream.

...personalised number plate of course.
Morecambe for sale on 13:35 - Feb 8 with 4366 views49thseason

You have to ask exactly the same questions that were asked when MH appeared on the scene. Where is the EFL? Where is the Inland revenue? Where is the due diligence that should have been applied when the club was owned by the same people who owned Worcester Rugby? ?
Losing Bury was bad enough, Macclesfield got no help, we were left entirely in the lurch, Oldham, Scunthorpe, and a host of other former lower league clubs have been thrown to the wolves by the couldn't care less EFL. The whole enterprise is geared to encourage failure of the weakest and to simply replace them with more" exciting " clubs with " interesting" owners and the devil take the hindmost.

TV has reduced football to the level of a soap opera, with a weekly faux crisis or 5 minute moment of fame to engage the armchair experts, this week its Wrexham, and Man City, next week it will be some other club. The EFL regard all publicity as being good for the viewing figures, its the only thing they do actually care about.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 15:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Morecambe for sale on 16:04 - Feb 8 with 4240 viewsThacks_Rabbits

It’s time for Tyson to sort the EFL out the big dossers!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Morecambe for sale on 16:25 - Feb 8 with 4172 viewsDorkingDale

Morecambe for sale on 13:35 - Feb 8 by 49thseason

You have to ask exactly the same questions that were asked when MH appeared on the scene. Where is the EFL? Where is the Inland revenue? Where is the due diligence that should have been applied when the club was owned by the same people who owned Worcester Rugby? ?
Losing Bury was bad enough, Macclesfield got no help, we were left entirely in the lurch, Oldham, Scunthorpe, and a host of other former lower league clubs have been thrown to the wolves by the couldn't care less EFL. The whole enterprise is geared to encourage failure of the weakest and to simply replace them with more" exciting " clubs with " interesting" owners and the devil take the hindmost.

TV has reduced football to the level of a soap opera, with a weekly faux crisis or 5 minute moment of fame to engage the armchair experts, this week its Wrexham, and Man City, next week it will be some other club. The EFL regard all publicity as being good for the viewing figures, its the only thing they do actually care about.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 15:05]

I would've thought the VAT man (i.e. HMRC) would be interested in all those soft drink sales. They're always quick enough to jump on legitimate businesses for their pound of flesh. Am I being cynical in thinking that it's too much hassle for them to get involved in these dodgy companies so they take the easy way out with those trading openly?
Morecambe for sale on 16:32 - Feb 8 with 4136 viewsD_Alien

Morecambe for sale on 16:25 - Feb 8 by DorkingDale

I would've thought the VAT man (i.e. HMRC) would be interested in all those soft drink sales. They're always quick enough to jump on legitimate businesses for their pound of flesh. Am I being cynical in thinking that it's too much hassle for them to get involved in these dodgy companies so they take the easy way out with those trading openly?

There's a couple of "businesses" selling nowt but soft drinks in the town centre, including one next to the row of chicken shops on South Parade (which also sell soft drinks...)

There's just NO WAY they're viable businesses, especially with overheads in that location. Why they were allowed in the first place by the Council i don't know, unless they have 'relatives with influence'. But then again, i doubt they could open as a launderette to be up front about it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Morecambe for sale on 18:30 - Feb 8 with 3933 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Morecambe for sale on 16:32 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

There's a couple of "businesses" selling nowt but soft drinks in the town centre, including one next to the row of chicken shops on South Parade (which also sell soft drinks...)

There's just NO WAY they're viable businesses, especially with overheads in that location. Why they were allowed in the first place by the Council i don't know, unless they have 'relatives with influence'. But then again, i doubt they could open as a launderette to be up front about it

Apologies DA. Fat fingers on the up vote 🤭

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Morecambe for sale on 19:00 - Feb 8 with 3843 viewsscarrow

Morecambe for sale on 16:32 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

Mark up on soft drinks can be fantastic. Mate of mine sells them via his market stall (I know overheads are different to a shop) but in the summer especially it can be 400% profit per sale.

Look at the idiots buying 'prime' for stupid prices.

Poll: Final position

Morecambe for sale on 19:22 - Feb 8 with 3803 viewsD_Alien

Morecambe for sale on 19:00 - Feb 8 by scarrow

Mark up on soft drinks can be fantastic. Mate of mine sells them via his market stall (I know overheads are different to a shop) but in the summer especially it can be 400% profit per sale.

Look at the idiots buying 'prime' for stupid prices.

Fair enough. I walk past those shops nearly every day, and i've hardly ever seen anyone in there. Something just doesn't add up, which is the wider point around the attempt to take over Morecambe

Morecambe for sale on 22:02 - Feb 8 with 3593 viewsfinberty

Morecambe for sale on 08:40 - Feb 8 by judd

Big brokerage opportunity here though, if we think about it.

We can link 20 year old Sarjbot with a time-served, Merseyside-located bedroom agent - possibly one living off his nerves, but still. We can also link him with a middle-aged and highly experienced executive type, one with a past of turning Queen's evidence perhaps, and one well capable of levying a service charge for his services. Finally, we can link him with rogues gallery of unlikely benefactors, ranging from the ridiculous to the ridiculous.
EFL / Football is broken - Morecambe for sale on 06:49 - Feb 9 with 3421 viewsRAFCBLUE

Morecambe for sale on 22:02 - Feb 8 by finberty

Big brokerage opportunity here though, if we think about it.

We can link 20 year old Sarjbot with a time-served, Merseyside-located bedroom agent - possibly one living off his nerves, but still. We can also link him with a middle-aged and highly experienced executive type, one with a past of turning Queen's evidence perhaps, and one well capable of levying a service charge for his services. Finally, we can link him with rogues gallery of unlikely benefactors, ranging from the ridiculous to the ridiculous.

And if we can do that type of joining up, what is so difficult for a full time regulator with significant compliance responsibilities to clear this chap and let him have control of an EFL club?

All the EFL need to say is “It’s ok” and he can crack on. All he needs to show is three years of funding.

Because if/when it all goes wrong, the regulator of the leagues outside the Premier League will have failed again and add to a list of preventable governance failures watched over by the EFL

Bury FC - 2019
Macclesfield Town - 2020
Rochdale (survived, just) - 2021
Derby County - 2021
Morecambe - 2023/24?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

EFL / Football is broken - Morecambe for sale on 09:22 - Feb 9 with 3276 viewsBigKindo

EFL / Football is broken - Morecambe for sale on 06:49 - Feb 9 by RAFCBLUE

And if we can do that type of joining up, what is so difficult for a full time regulator with significant compliance responsibilities to clear this chap and let him have control of an EFL club?

All the EFL need to say is “It’s ok” and he can crack on. All he needs to show is three years of funding.

Because if/when it all goes wrong, the regulator of the leagues outside the Premier League will have failed again and add to a list of preventable governance failures watched over by the EFL

Bury FC - 2019
Macclesfield Town - 2020
Derby County - 2021
Morecambe - 2023/24?

Weren't Swindon Town also within days of going to the wall a couple of years ago?
EFL / Football is broken - Morecambe for sale on 10:27 - Feb 9 with 3155 viewsSandyman

EFL / Football is broken - Morecambe for sale on 09:22 - Feb 9 by BigKindo

Weren't Swindon Town also within days of going to the wall a couple of years ago?

...and (radio) Bolton Wanderers?
EFL / Football is broken - Morecambe for sale on 11:49 - Feb 9 with 3033 viewsforeverhopefulDale

EFL / Football is broken - Morecambe for sale on 06:49 - Feb 9 by RAFCBLUE

Bury FC - 2019
Macclesfield Town - 2020
Derby County - 2021
Morecambe - 2023/24?

Are people again blaming the demise of Bury on the EFL? I suppose the EFL should stop clubs from spending beyond their means, and that's what Bury did for over 20 years . They didn't go bust due to SD and SD 2, and the EFL allowing them to get into a mess. They were millions in debt, due to living beyond their means, paying for players they couldn't afford on low crowds well before the two SDs. Yes the EFL should structure things better, like fairer distribution of funds, and looking at bringing in regionalisation , and other measures that could help clubs.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

EFL / Football is broken - Morecambe for sale on 12:12 - Feb 9 with 3009 viewsDalenet

EFL / Football is broken - Morecambe for sale on 10:27 - Feb 9 by Sandyman

...and (radio) Bolton Wanderers?

and Wigan

And Blackburn wasn't too healthy either
Morecambe for sale on 22:04 - Feb 13 with 2632 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/sport/football/morecambes-would-be-owner-cla

BBC Radio Lancashire Sport’s Twitter handle published an update on Tuesday evening, saying Johal had confirmed to them he was ready to submit an application to the EFL with the intention of acquiring the Shrimps.

The club has been on the market since September 2022.

How on earth does the EFL have a chance here?

The same as the Lancaster Guardian:

"We had contacted Mr Johal on Monday of this week to ask if he was willing to be interviewed but are still to receive an answer."

Morecambe for sale on 23:34 - Feb 13 with 2442 viewsDorkingDale

Morecambe for sale on 22:04 - Feb 13 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/sport/football/morecambes-would-be-owner-cla

BBC Radio Lancashire Sport’s Twitter handle published an update on Tuesday evening, saying Johal had confirmed to them he was ready to submit an application to the EFL with the intention of acquiring the Shrimps.

The club has been on the market since September 2022.

How on earth does the EFL have a chance here?

The same as the Lancaster Guardian:

"We had contacted Mr Johal on Monday of this week to ask if he was willing to be interviewed but are still to receive an answer."

Unbelievable. Why are the EFL incapable of seeing between the "lines"?!
Morecambe for sale on 01:23 - Feb 14 with 2382 viewsTalkingSutty

Morecambe for sale on 23:34 - Feb 13 by DorkingDale

Unbelievable. Why are the EFL incapable of seeing between the "lines"?!

I often wonder if the EFL is a legitimate organisation, money is the root of all evil and some people are easily influenced by it no matter where the source of it comes from. Rick Parry is a Premiership man who is now employed by the EFL, i've never been happy with that appointment. Football is rotten to the core and a lot of those who are responsible for it's governance are self serving, You develop a instinct for things and I reckon those running the EFL need investigating. You can't keep using incompetence as a excuse for their failures..
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 2:12]
Morecambe for sale on 08:07 - Feb 14 with 2246 viewsD_Alien

Morecambe for sale on 01:23 - Feb 14 by TalkingSutty

I often wonder if the EFL is a legitimate organisation, money is the root of all evil and some people are easily influenced by it no matter where the source of it comes from. Rick Parry is a Premiership man who is now employed by the EFL, i've never been happy with that appointment. Football is rotten to the core and a lot of those who are responsible for it's governance are self serving, You develop a instinct for things and I reckon those running the EFL need investigating. You can't keep using incompetence as a excuse for their failures..
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 2:12]

As previously stated, Bottomley's attempt to inveigle himself into the EFL gravy-train tells us all we need to know

He could spot an opportunity for exploitation at a million paces

[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 13:03]

Morecambe for sale on 07:15 - Feb 21 with 1769 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/february/efl-statement-morecambe/

“ Whilst some of the information requested several months ago has been received, further details are still required, and the League has invited Mr Johal and his advisers to a meeting later this month to discuss further the proposed transaction.

No approval on any change of control at Morecambe will be made until the proposed purchaser and Club satisfy in full the requirements of the EFL’s Regulations and the appropriate levels of due diligence are completed.”

Aww. Isn’t that nice - “invited to a meeting”

Good on the Lancaster Guardian for shining a detailed spotlight on this.

Let’s hope there have been no financial loans or appointments made outside of EFL rules!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024