Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS 22:02 - Sep 16 with 1415 viewsdurham_exile

So, on Tuesday night the U’s picked up their first Away point of the season. We now have the opportunity to gain six points to start to climb the table.

Grimsby the Mariners, who made an immediate return to the league, much to the chagrin of their near neighbours the Iron, who when we played them towards the end of the season were resigned to their fate, but some die hards told Gerry and I that they took comfort in the knowledge that the local derby was back on. How wrong they were.

Now this afternoon the U21’s saw off the Farmers 2-1 at Florence Park. Notably we had Ossama Ashley, Marley Marshall Miranda, John Akinde and Samson Tovide. (Please note no Oxford comma here).

In fairness none of those four were going to play at the JCS on Saturday. Samson Tovide appears to have walked under countless ladders and run over more black cats such is the inability of BDH to play him in the first team.

Now the talk appears to be that WB is unsure of his first XI. Clearly he has failed to read these musings (again). I have been telling him the best XI for at least three weeks now.

Now the one player that we spectacularly disagree on is Big Frank Nouble. The problem is he has netted in successive games and so I must concede defeat and suggest that he lines up tomorrow.

Therefore, let’s get the elephant out of the room, despite my misgivings, I will include Big Frank in the starting XI tomorrow.

As I stated before there is little to choose between the keepers, so O’Hara keeps his place.

Defence — Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Clampin
Midfield — Newby Chilvers Longstaff Lubala
Strikers — Appiah Nouble

Frankly I don’t think it is too difficult to choose from our 30-man squad.

Reasoning — Defence Tchamadeu or Coxe option Tchamadeu. Kazeem or Clampin — Clampin by a whisker.

I don’t like three at the back and so Tom Eastman is on the bench (we don’t need to play 5 at the back) the wing backs are just right and left back in disguise. We are at home go 4,4,2.

Midfield — so many options — Chilvers and Longstaff must play Newby was brilliant against Brentford and Lubala is getting better and better.

Other options of course include Judge, Skuse, Chesters, Owens, Huws (injured) and Hannant. I prefer Chilvers to take the set pieces to Judge and so he must play alongside Matty Longstaff.

Strikers: Sears of course must be considered, but I like Appiah and if Akinde and Tovide are in the U21’s then let’s go with Appiah and Nouble. If not Nouble then I would have played Sears.

Now the Shields Gazette (Newcastle based media) are already leading a campaign to unseat Longstaff in January. They saw Barnsley as a better option, but it was WB who convinced Matty Longstaff that Colchester was the best option. All the more reason to play him with Chilvers and to start to get him playing further forward.

Regardless of what some people think he is a class player and did wonders for Mansfield last season. He played against at Field Mill last year.

So, WB get this sorted out and play:

O’Hara

Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Clampin

Newby Chilvers Longstaff Lubala

Nouble Appiah

Subs
Hornby Eastman Skuse Sears Chesters Kazeem Judge

If I was really brave then I would push Lubala up to outside left and play 4,3,3 but that is expecting too much.

Victory is vital on so many levels, we are at home and must make it count. Longstaff wants to play in a successful team, the three new signings will all respond if we can win games and of course the home crowds will improve with some three pointers in the bag.

WB must be bold and enthusiastic and play more attacking football. Tuesday was a classic case of an early goal which we failed to build on and if Walsall had been a better side then they might have won the game.

My predictions at home have all been way off the mark but I feel that a 3-0 tomorrow is on the cards. Longstaff and Appiah plus a Dallison header (he is long overdue a goal).
Weather tomorrow is 16 degrees in Colchester, sunny and no rain and a light breeze. Perfect for footie.

Enjoy the game.

Cheer on the U’s

Three points will set us up nicely for Rochdale on the following Saturday.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 14:09 - Sep 17 with 1245 viewsdurham_exile

Team
Unchanged from Tuesday night.

Happy days
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 14:30 - Sep 17 with 1234 viewswessex_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 14:09 - Sep 17 by durham_exile

Team
Unchanged from Tuesday night.

Happy days
Up the U's

Indeed, happy with that!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 15:13 - Sep 17 with 1219 viewsdurham_exile

I would prefer to see Chilvers and Longstaff in the same team at the same time.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 15:21 - Sep 17 with 1214 viewsgerry_us

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 15:13 - Sep 17 by durham_exile

I would prefer to see Chilvers and Longstaff in the same team at the same time.

Up the U's

and Sears in place of Nouble?

That'll get Noubs scoring again today!
Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 15:52 - Sep 17 with 1190 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 15:21 - Sep 17 by gerry_us

and Sears in place of Nouble?

That'll get Noubs scoring again today!

Frankly anyone instead of Frank.

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:01 - Sep 17 with 1181 viewsthrillseeker

An. awful first half. performance.

Judge needs to be replaced.

Would like Chilvers or. Chesters given 45 mintes as replacement for Judge.
Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:08 - Sep 17 with 1177 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:01 - Sep 17 by thrillseeker

An. awful first half. performance.

Judge needs to be replaced.

Would like Chilvers or. Chesters given 45 mintes as replacement for Judge.

Judge off Skuse on

Chilvers must also be brought on.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:17 - Sep 17 with 1171 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:08 - Sep 17 by durham_exile

Judge off Skuse on

Chilvers must also be brought on.

Up the U's

Get Sears and Chilvers on

Come on we must win this game today.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:23 - Sep 17 with 1164 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:17 - Sep 17 by durham_exile

Get Sears and Chilvers on

Come on we must win this game today.

Up the U's

Simply not good enough.

Get Frank off now Sears and Chilvers on ASAP

Sick and tired of this three at the back with two wing backs who are really a back five.

Too defensive and we need to now score two
Can we do it.
Embarrassing

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:25 - Sep 17 with 1162 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:23 - Sep 17 by durham_exile

Simply not good enough.

Get Frank off now Sears and Chilvers on ASAP

Sick and tired of this three at the back with two wing backs who are really a back five.

Too defensive and we need to now score two
Can we do it.
Embarrassing

Sears on for Big Frank

Still no Chilvers though

Big final 25 minutes

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:33 - Sep 17 with 1148 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:25 - Sep 17 by durham_exile

Sears on for Big Frank

Still no Chilvers though

Big final 25 minutes

Come on
We should not be struggling again against these poor teams.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:36 - Sep 17 with 1145 viewsnoah4x4

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:33 - Sep 17 by durham_exile

Come on
We should not be struggling again against these poor teams.

Up the U's

Humes out!
Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:41 - Sep 17 with 1133 viewsdurham_exile

Well could it be another late show.

We have scored most of our goals after the 80th minute.

Desperate stuff

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:44 - Sep 17 with 1129 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:41 - Sep 17 by durham_exile

Well could it be another late show.

We have scored most of our goals after the 80th minute.

Desperate stuff

Eastman off Chilvers on
Tchamadeu on for Clampin

Come on FFS

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:52 - Sep 17 with 1121 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 16:44 - Sep 17 by durham_exile

Eastman off Chilvers on
Tchamadeu on for Clampin

Come on FFS

This is simply not good enough.

Why has he changed the formation.
Too defensive

I despair, another appalling home defeat.

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 17:08 - Sep 17 with 1099 viewsnoah4x4

Wait for Brown’s positive spin “losing only 0-1 improved our goal difference over those below”.

Cowling invests loads of dosh, and Humes and Co sign a pile of crap. Cowling needs to stop the rot, starting by dismissing Humes.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2022 17:09]
Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 17:50 - Sep 17 with 1036 viewsthrillseeker

I don't know what to say - that performance was appalling just like the manager's team formation and tactical changes etc.

Judge & Nouble were so far off the pace it was unbelievable.

What has Sears done to be dropped for Appiah?

Longstaff - was quite impressed we managed to get him loan but he has really failed to impress me.

So disappointed and we are again in another relegation battle

Listening to WB on BBC Essex makes me cringe.

Really important game against Rochdale next week
Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 17:51 - Sep 17 with 1036 viewsdurham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 17:08 - Sep 17 by noah4x4

Wait for Brown’s positive spin “losing only 0-1 improved our goal difference over those below”.

Cowling invests loads of dosh, and Humes and Co sign a pile of crap. Cowling needs to stop the rot, starting by dismissing Humes.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2022 17:09]

Noah we all know that Humes is more secure than Klopp or Guardiola.

In all seriousness WB has lost the plot.

The last 8 games of the season we were playing with intent, scoring goals and deservedly winning games.

This season he has messed about with the formation. Playing 5 at the back at home is unforgiveable.

This must stop. Revert to 4,4,2

Big Frank flatters to deceive and must be dropped.

Chilvers and Longstaff must play midfield with Newby and Lubala.

Enough of this three centre halves nonsense which never works.

Unless WB arrests this dreadful form we will struggle for yet another season. Home crowds will continue to dwindle and we can simply anticipate more 1-0 defeats.

It is woeful and disgraceful.

6 points and already one fifth of the way through the season.
5 defeats and we are simply struggling for anything at present.

Give WB five more games and if nothing changes then I am afraid that he must go.

We need a manager who is going to be adventurous and take the game to the opposition. Only one shot on target again today.

Already the Rochdale game is a six pointer. I am utterly devastated by this appalling form and lack lustre performances.

With the squad that we have we should be top seven and not this constant relegation scrap every single week.

It really gets you down and frankly we deserve better.

Brown you have 5 games to turn things around.

Footnote attendance 3,167 but 589 of those were from Grimsby

Up the U's
[Post edited 17 Sep 2022 17:54]

Durham_exile

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 18:14 - Sep 17 with 990 viewswessex_exile

Just dreadful I'm afraid - too angry and depressed to say any more!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Mariners all at sea against the Super U's at the JCS on 08:31 - Sep 18 with 744 viewsbwildered

Alas the player that got caught out in not playing the party line regards the off side which led to the goal, was also MOTM .
Sums it up really.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024