Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wayne brown 17:43 - Sep 18 with 8492 viewsburnsieespana

Has been sacked short time ago!
Wayne brown on 19:49 - Sep 19 with 1596 viewsburnsieespana

Just seen a post from Boreham Wood saying he is heading our way!
Don't know anything about him
Wayne brown on 20:05 - Sep 19 with 1570 viewsLeadbelly

Wayne brown on 19:49 - Sep 19 by burnsieespana

Just seen a post from Boreham Wood saying he is heading our way!
Don't know anything about him

Boreham Wood currently 5th in the National League. Garrard has been the manager since 2015 and was in he running for the AFC Wimbledon Jon last season.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Wayne brown on 22:02 - Sep 19 with 1529 viewsdurham_exile

Luke Garrard well I suppose he would be an external appointment.

We wait and see.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Wayne brown on 09:22 - Sep 20 with 1451 viewsdurham_exile

Now 2/1 for the job

Durham_exile

Wayne brown on 09:50 - Sep 20 with 1445 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Wayne brown on 20:05 - Sep 19 by Leadbelly

Boreham Wood currently 5th in the National League. Garrard has been the manager since 2015 and was in he running for the AFC Wimbledon Jon last season.

I actually think he's exactly the kind of manager we should be going for. Someone who has already proven themselves, even if at a lower level, and is hungry to push on and succeed. There's not a lot of difference between Leagues One and Two and the National League, just the size of the stadiums and budgets generally.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Wayne brown on 09:54 - Sep 20 with 1443 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I'd heard that Angelo Harrop, current Braintree manager, has been encouraged/asked to apply for the role. His dad has previously been involved with Col U and I believe Angelo played here as a youngster.

Wayne brown on 10:55 - Sep 20 with 1428 viewswessex_exile

Wayne brown on 09:54 - Sep 20 by RSCOSWORTH

I'd heard that Angelo Harrop, current Braintree manager, has been encouraged/asked to apply for the role. His dad has previously been involved with Col U and I believe Angelo played here as a youngster.

I believe his dad Geoff was the one responsible for finding Lua Lua?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wayne brown on 11:09 - Sep 20 with 1422 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Wayne brown on 10:55 - Sep 20 by wessex_exile

I believe his dad Geoff was the one responsible for finding Lua Lua?

I think you could be right there. Micky Cook was involved too.

Login to get fewer ads

Wayne brown on 11:44 - Sep 20 with 1413 viewsthrillseeker

Wayne brown on 09:54 - Sep 20 by RSCOSWORTH

I do hope this information is incorrect

Not sure Angelo Harrop is of the standard we need or ready for such a leap just yet
Wayne brown on 12:33 - Sep 20 with 1407 viewsdurham_exile

Whatever happens we must make the right appointment.

Too many managers during the last thirteen years is tremendously embarrassing.

I favour Kenny Jacket or Darren Ferguson. Both have decent pedigree and can do a job for the U's which is get us up to League One.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Wayne brown on 12:50 - Sep 20 with 1394 viewsdurham_exile

Wayne brown on 12:33 - Sep 20 by durham_exile

Whatever happens we must make the right appointment.

Too many managers during the last thirteen years is tremendously embarrassing.

I favour Kenny Jacket or Darren Ferguson. Both have decent pedigree and can do a job for the U's which is get us up to League One.

Up the U's

Steve Ball placed in temporary charge whilst search continues.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Wayne brown on 13:25 - Sep 20 with 1375 viewsnoah4x4

Wayne brown on 12:50 - Sep 20 by durham_exile

Steve Ball placed in temporary charge whilst search continues.

Up the U's

Oh no! Not Ball and Humes!

Will Cowling never give up on his cronies? Mind you, Cowling could be trying to be clever, put them in charge of the the easiest game of the season (Rochdale - team filled with Scottish non-leagers) and claim credit. What could go wrong with that…….
Wayne brown on 14:47 - Sep 20 with 1353 viewsthrillseeker

Wayne brown on 13:25 - Sep 20 by noah4x4

Oh no! Not Ball and Humes!

Will Cowling never give up on his cronies? Mind you, Cowling could be trying to be clever, put them in charge of the the easiest game of the season (Rochdale - team filled with Scottish non-leagers) and claim credit. What could go wrong with that…….

No issues with Ball this time around as thankfully he has clearly stated he is not interested in returning to full time management and it is only an interim position until such time new full time manager announced which I hope is sooner rather than later
Wayne brown on 14:56 - Sep 20 with 1347 viewsburnsieespana

Embelton and Ward assisting.
Gazette indicated outside applications are being actively encouraged so hopefully we might end up with a gem because we have had tosny zmansger's in recent years but suppose we are no different to majority of clubs.
In two minds of as to be whether I favour somebody with no lots of experience or an up coming youg gun.
Wayne brown on 16:25 - Sep 20 with 1322 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Wayne brown on 11:44 - Sep 20 by thrillseeker

I do hope this information is incorrect

Not sure Angelo Harrop is of the standard we need or ready for such a leap just yet

I agree. I don't think he has the experience and possibly skill set right now that would be required for this job. Perhaps they're looking to appoint a management/coaching team and they're seeing him as some kind of assistant.

Wayne brown on 16:27 - Sep 20 with 1318 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Wayne brown on 14:56 - Sep 20 by burnsieespana

Embelton and Ward assisting.
Gazette indicated outside applications are being actively encouraged so hopefully we might end up with a gem because we have had tosny zmansger's in recent years but suppose we are no different to majority of clubs.
In two minds of as to be whether I favour somebody with no lots of experience or an up coming youg gun.

I think it's odd that Dunne, Huzzey and Smith haven't been included in any kind of management team but are meant to be still at the club. I guess we need a lot of coaches to go with our massive squad that needs a lot of coaching!

Wayne brown on 18:34 - Sep 20 with 1283 viewswessex_exile

Wayne brown on 16:27 - Sep 20 by RSCOSWORTH

I think it's odd that Dunne, Huzzey and Smith haven't been included in any kind of management team but are meant to be still at the club. I guess we need a lot of coaches to go with our massive squad that needs a lot of coaching!

I guess Robbie is saying they're certainly eligible to be considered if they want to put themselves forward, whilst leaving the door open to a new appointment, particularly if external, to bring in his own coaching setup? That often is the case for new managers. I have nothing against either Joe or Dave, but as they were part of the previous setup, they might therefore be seen as part of the problem?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wayne brown on 10:37 - Sep 21 with 1148 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Wayne brown on 18:34 - Sep 20 by wessex_exile

I guess Robbie is saying they're certainly eligible to be considered if they want to put themselves forward, whilst leaving the door open to a new appointment, particularly if external, to bring in his own coaching setup? That often is the case for new managers. I have nothing against either Joe or Dave, but as they were part of the previous setup, they might therefore be seen as part of the problem?

Just seems a bit odd to me. If they're not deemed good enough to look after the team right now it seems unlikely they'd be offered the position full time even they did choose to apply. I heard that Brown and Dunne didn't exactly get on and would often be arguing on the bench on matchdays. I'd be surprised if any of them are still at the club in a few weeks time.

Wayne brown on 10:54 - Sep 21 with 1147 viewsburnsieespana

Wayne brown on 10:37 - Sep 21 by RSCOSWORTH

Just seems a bit odd to me. If they're not deemed good enough to look after the team right now it seems unlikely they'd be offered the position full time even they did choose to apply. I heard that Brown and Dunne didn't exactly get on and would often be arguing on the bench on matchdays. I'd be surprised if any of them are still at the club in a few weeks time.

Thought Brown and Dunn were 'mates' .Feel sorry for Hussey but suspect he will go back into the Academy.
Wayne brown on 11:23 - Sep 21 with 1143 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Results and performances have not been good enough this season, we all know that. We finished the season quite strongly last season and I think Brown had earned his chance to be offered the job permanently sadly I think he was probably out of his depth. Unlike recent managers who kept picking the same team and formation Brown seemed to changed the formation and team every game and some of loan signings sparked of desperation to me. Brown picks the team and sets them up to play in a certain way but ultimately the players have not been good enough and have let him down this season. The work rate hasn't been as expected or desired and there have been a series of individual errors and poor play. The buck always stops with the manager but, and it's often the case, Brown has lost his job because the players didn't deliver. The majority of them need to take a long hard look at themselves and realise that they need to be better because it's not good enough.

Wayne brown on 21:05 - Sep 21 with 1030 viewsghughes11

What about Liam Rosenior as an outsider coming in?

Liam Rosenior: Derby County relieve interim manager of duties
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62986370

"Rosenior's final game in charge of the club saw them come from behind to beat Wycombe 2-1 on Saturday." Always a good way to introduce yourself to the Col U fans!

"The Rams are currently seventh in the third tier with 14 points from nine matches, seven points behind leaders Ipswich Town."

It's 8am in New Zealand so maybe I haven't woken up yet and I'm still dreaming!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Wayne brown on 23:17 - Sep 21 with 996 viewsdurham_exile

Wayne brown on 21:05 - Sep 21 by ghughes11

What about Liam Rosenior as an outsider coming in?

Liam Rosenior: Derby County relieve interim manager of duties
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62986370

"Rosenior's final game in charge of the club saw them come from behind to beat Wycombe 2-1 on Saturday." Always a good way to introduce yourself to the Col U fans!

"The Rams are currently seventh in the third tier with 14 points from nine matches, seven points behind leaders Ipswich Town."

It's 8am in New Zealand so maybe I haven't woken up yet and I'm still dreaming!

ghughes have an enjoyable breakfast.

I was amazed to see just how many managers were on the list of those between jobs.

It does seem that Garrard will be installed next week at the JCS.

Ball is definitely in charge for the Rochdale game. New interim manager bounce and three points.

Then as early as Monday Garrard arrives to bring some youthful experience.

An outside appointment will appease many.

Results will convince many.

Promotion and I will also be dreaming.

The only way is up.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Wayne brown on 08:58 - Sep 22 with 953 viewsbwildered

Wayne’s world . What goes around comes around .

Maldon and Tiptree dismiss Paul Abrahams after poor run.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Wayne brown on 13:50 - Sep 22 with 902 viewsLeadbelly

Wayne brown on 08:58 - Sep 22 by bwildered

Wayne’s world . What goes around comes around .

Maldon and Tiptree dismiss Paul Abrahams after poor run.

Does that mean Brown will return to M & T or Abrahams will now join the Us? Or both? Cowling has been known promote some people after they have failed!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Wayne brown on 13:53 - Sep 22 with 900 viewsburnsieespana

Wayne brown on 23:17 - Sep 21 by durham_exile

ghughes have an enjoyable breakfast.

I was amazed to see just how many managers were on the list of those between jobs.

It does seem that Garrard will be installed next week at the JCS.

Ball is definitely in charge for the Rochdale game. New interim manager bounce and three points.

Then as early as Monday Garrard arrives to bring some youthful experience.

An outside appointment will appease many.

Results will convince many.

Promotion and I will also be dreaming.

The only way is up.

Up the U's

Durham that is what worries me as get in wrong again and we will going down to the national League and as we have seen at Southend and Scunthorpe it is not an easy place to be!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024