Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL 2022 12:32 - Sep 19 with 12126 viewspioneer

Someone on here will be happy with the Dolphins 2-0 start. Hopefully the Bills will match it with a win against Titans.
NFL 2022 on 21:11 - Sep 27 with 2749 viewswatford_dale

NFL 2022 on 06:17 - Sep 27 by richfoad32

Wow, that's an impressive list. Most of my visits were 25+ years ago and are long gone now, would love to visit some of the newer parks especially Seattle. I went to the old Kingdome but it was a sterile place for baseball. Wrigley Field was great fun and as you say Fenway Park is steeped in history but watching a game is awful, I had what I was assured was an 'awesome seat' down the 1st base line but had neckache by the middle innings trying to crane my head to watch the action. I don't like the Yankees but their stadium is beautiful and we were able to wander around the concourse with a beer (at $17 a pop!) to watch the game from different vantage points.

Never paid much attention to the World Baseball Classic before now, but I see GB have qualified for the first time. Interesting to see if this spikes any interest in the game over here but my gut instinct is telling me no. It would be nice if it could just reach NFL levels as a niche sport because at the moment I personally know nobody with even the vaguest of interest in it. I know they're trying to make it more appealing and speed up the play by putting pitchers on the clock next season but I hope they don't mess with it too much as it's a fine sport.

Wrigley field - go to any home game in July, its party time. I have no idea why but when a lad from Chicago was over for secondment to our office I followed his advice.

Milwaukee - like the City fans of the 90's, turn up well toasted and that's where I discovered Mike's Hard Lemonade at 5% and Mike's Even Harder limeade 8%.

Florida both Miami and TB baseball stadiums are okay but with the crowds you do question if it will work , although staying in St Pete's was worth it.

Colorado was a great stadium, great views both inside and outside the stadium. The place where you lay down a bunt on a suicide squeeze play and it flies out for a home run because the air is so thin.

The reason why they are messing with the various rules is because they are undergoing a review led by Theo Paphitis (GM who turns up when your WS drought is at least 80 years) and the feedback is the fans is they want more strategy, more in game play and less of the current of either strike outs or wall bangers. The 1982 Milwaukee Brewers who were managed by Harvey Keunn led the league in runs and home runs were nicknamed Harveys wall bangers.
NFL 2022 on 15:34 - Sep 28 with 2621 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 10:51 - Sep 26 by KnavesmireBob

Looking forward to Thursday night! Not yet seen the highlights from yesterday but sounds like we're back up and running and maybe a couple of early bloody noses is just what we needed to get some humility and focus back. I always think the season starts to settle about now and 2-2 Bengals and 3-1 Miami after 4 games feels more 'normal' than 1-3 and 4-0 but who knows what's going to happen in the NFL these days? Best of luck!

It's an interesting match up KB. Lot of money gone on the Bengals recently and +4.5 point favourite last I heard. It looks like Tua really does have a bad back and not concussion.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kc42661/status/1574469210046353408

If he can't go it's game over I suspect, but looks like he's optimistic on starting.

I think the key to this game will be if the Fins D has any gas left in the tank. The Bills game was played in brutal heat and humidity and at play-off intensity, such is the importance of divisional games.

Burrow holds on to the ball a shade too long and if our pass rush is fresh and behind that line he might get a lot of pressure. Looking forward to it too - 3.15am k.o. for me but I can catch up on 💤 the following day 👍
[Post edited 28 Sep 2022 15:36]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFL 2022 on 09:45 - Sep 29 with 2558 viewsKnavesmireBob

NFL 2022 on 15:34 - Sep 28 by DaleiLama

It's an interesting match up KB. Lot of money gone on the Bengals recently and +4.5 point favourite last I heard. It looks like Tua really does have a bad back and not concussion.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kc42661/status/1574469210046353408

If he can't go it's game over I suspect, but looks like he's optimistic on starting.

I think the key to this game will be if the Fins D has any gas left in the tank. The Bills game was played in brutal heat and humidity and at play-off intensity, such is the importance of divisional games.

Burrow holds on to the ball a shade too long and if our pass rush is fresh and behind that line he might get a lot of pressure. Looking forward to it too - 3.15am k.o. for me but I can catch up on 💤 the following day 👍
[Post edited 28 Sep 2022 15:36]

Ha you're more dedicated than me, I plan to catch the 1 hr highlights tomorrow lunchtime. 3 hours in the middle of the night watching our offensive line would be enough to cause permanent insomnia!

Are you on your holidays - Greece? If so you've picked a good time for it, it's turned proper autumnal over here this week.

I'm probably a bit of a niche weirdo but I'm always drawn to watching the DBs in any game (Deion Sanders is my all time fave player) and we've a couple of really solid cornerbacks so I'm looking forward to seeing how they cope with your WRs - Eli Apple had Hill in his pocket twice last year and it looks like Tyreek is gunning for revenge.

Probably one of those games between two decent teams where you play it 10 times and end up 5 apiece, but like you say we might be catching you at a good time after the intensity of last weekend. Fingers crossed, no spoilers please until Friday aft!
NFL 2022 on 10:02 - Sep 29 with 2549 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 09:45 - Sep 29 by KnavesmireBob

Ha you're more dedicated than me, I plan to catch the 1 hr highlights tomorrow lunchtime. 3 hours in the middle of the night watching our offensive line would be enough to cause permanent insomnia!

Are you on your holidays - Greece? If so you've picked a good time for it, it's turned proper autumnal over here this week.

I'm probably a bit of a niche weirdo but I'm always drawn to watching the DBs in any game (Deion Sanders is my all time fave player) and we've a couple of really solid cornerbacks so I'm looking forward to seeing how they cope with your WRs - Eli Apple had Hill in his pocket twice last year and it looks like Tyreek is gunning for revenge.

Probably one of those games between two decent teams where you play it 10 times and end up 5 apiece, but like you say we might be catching you at a good time after the intensity of last weekend. Fingers crossed, no spoilers please until Friday aft!

Yep - on holiday on Mykonos. Going to file for bankruptcy when I get back .

Will sleep in on Friday and have a doze by the pool/beach. In high 20s here and 30 again Saturday forecast.

If this wasn't as good a team as when I first started following the Fins in 84, and I was at work, I'd go for the highlights package too. Fins have never had a good D and O at the same time since I have followed them. Now we look like we might. Early days though.

I've always loved defence most and the rules are so biased against that side of the ball now it's ridiculous. Then playoffs come round and the refs officiate completely differently. I've been following Reek and Apple wind-ups a bit. Eli keeping his powder dry but the rest of the Bengals secondary getting very chippy .

Agree with your summary - 2 decent evenly matched teams and all to play for. Having 2 playoff intensity games by wk 4 is not good for the ticker though. Won't post until you have on the result. Mum's the word.

Edit: if you like secondary play, we've obviously got 'X'avien Howard as a ball hawk CB but we have an undrafter rookie in Kahou who is really impressive on early showings, but Jevon 'the snowman Holland (#8) is all over the field at safety. He played 94 snaps against the Bills (ST too) and was a brilliant draft pick in the 21 draft.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2022 10:16]

NFL 2022 on 22:05 - Oct 17 with 2385 viewspioneer

Another classic bills v chiefs game…this time with the ‘right’ result.
NFL 2022 on 06:10 - Oct 20 with 2289 viewsNigeriamark

NFL 2022 on 22:05 - Oct 17 by pioneer

Another classic bills v chiefs game…this time with the ‘right’ result.

Probably the best 2 teams in the AFC 2 would expect them to meet again in the play offs. Seems to be an odd season so far with a lot of star players not firing & I believe total points down too. the 2 NY teams are a combined 9 - 3 which is a surprise & the Broncos the biggest bust so far.

My newly adopted team the Eagles looking good in the NFC !!
NFL 2022 on 20:52 - Oct 20 with 2219 viewswatford_dale

NFL 2022 on 06:10 - Oct 20 by Nigeriamark

Probably the best 2 teams in the AFC 2 would expect them to meet again in the play offs. Seems to be an odd season so far with a lot of star players not firing & I believe total points down too. the 2 NY teams are a combined 9 - 3 which is a surprise & the Broncos the biggest bust so far.

My newly adopted team the Eagles looking good in the NFC !!

Loved that game, what a massive difference Von Miller has made and should steam the division, get a bye week and face KC (dynasty of one) in the championship game.

Broncos not scored above 16 points in a game all season. I believe chef Wilson is day to day as he keeps getting sacked - 19 times and counting, talk about standing the heat and staying in the kitchen!
NFL 2022 on 07:32 - Dec 13 with 2033 viewspioneer

Well it's the big match up this weekend....Bills v Fish in the frozen tundra of orchard Park. No postponements for those boys.

Given that the fish were using heaters for their California game last weekend how will they cope with the forecast 20F temps for Buffalo?
Login to get fewer ads

NFL 2022 on 17:58 - Dec 13 with 1947 viewsJumeirahDale

NFL 2022 on 20:52 - Oct 20 by watford_dale

Loved that game, what a massive difference Von Miller has made and should steam the division, get a bye week and face KC (dynasty of one) in the championship game.

Broncos not scored above 16 points in a game all season. I believe chef Wilson is day to day as he keeps getting sacked - 19 times and counting, talk about standing the heat and staying in the kitchen!

I have a hard time seeing how this hasn't cost the Broncos another decade in the wilderness. They can't even "Osweiler" his contract onto someone else because they've got barely any draft picks to persuade someone to do a trade. They truly are up sh*t creek and its going to take several years before they can even get in the queue for a chance at a paddle.
NFL 2022 on 17:55 - Dec 17 with 1864 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 07:32 - Dec 13 by pioneer

Well it's the big match up this weekend....Bills v Fish in the frozen tundra of orchard Park. No postponements for those boys.

Given that the fish were using heaters for their California game last weekend how will they cope with the forecast 20F temps for Buffalo?

Looks like diabolical conditions for the game if the weather forecast are to be believed. Fully expecting Fluffalo to get revenge for the defeat in S. Fla. and the series to be split. The worry for the Fins is we are one trick ponies and play a style that doesn't suit late season/the playoffs. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Chuckled at the heaters comment. According to what I read (caveat - it was on the internet) the Chargers asked for heaters and the away team has to be given the same provision as the home team. As the Jills complained how hot they were getting in Miami then had their game moved to Detroit for a few feet of snow recently, the Jill's 'mafia' 🤣 just never seem to find the right weather conditions for their games. Maybe if they win, as strongly expected, they'll stop belly-aching. I'll be out celebrating my partners retirement anyway, so by the time I get home, I'll be dragging myself into my pit, not staying up til the wee small hours to watch Gridiron on ice. Enjoy. I think you'll more or less seal the div tonight in all but mathematics.

NFL 2022 on 22:20 - Dec 17 with 1822 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 17:55 - Dec 17 by DaleiLama

Looks like diabolical conditions for the game if the weather forecast are to be believed. Fully expecting Fluffalo to get revenge for the defeat in S. Fla. and the series to be split. The worry for the Fins is we are one trick ponies and play a style that doesn't suit late season/the playoffs. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Chuckled at the heaters comment. According to what I read (caveat - it was on the internet) the Chargers asked for heaters and the away team has to be given the same provision as the home team. As the Jills complained how hot they were getting in Miami then had their game moved to Detroit for a few feet of snow recently, the Jill's 'mafia' 🤣 just never seem to find the right weather conditions for their games. Maybe if they win, as strongly expected, they'll stop belly-aching. I'll be out celebrating my partners retirement anyway, so by the time I get home, I'll be dragging myself into my pit, not staying up til the wee small hours to watch Gridiron on ice. Enjoy. I think you'll more or less seal the div tonight in all but mathematics.

Good riposte😊

You obviously have never been stuck on the I90 in a snow storm! Its pretty scary. I managed to get off the highway a few years back between syracuse and buffalo before they closed it. Some folks were left stuck in their vehicles for 2 days. Took me 4 hours for what should have been a 90 minute drive on the back roads.

Let battle commence!
NFL 2022 on 09:56 - Dec 19 with 1736 viewsNigeriamark

NFL 2022 on 22:20 - Dec 17 by pioneer

Good riposte😊

You obviously have never been stuck on the I90 in a snow storm! Its pretty scary. I managed to get off the highway a few years back between syracuse and buffalo before they closed it. Some folks were left stuck in their vehicles for 2 days. Took me 4 hours for what should have been a 90 minute drive on the back roads.

Let battle commence!

Great game in a weekend of great games. Fins can take a lot of positives from that defeat but must win their next game. Unbelievable win by the Vikings, and what a run the Lions are on, from zeros to heroes

Eagles v 49’s and Chiefs v Bengals are my tips for the championship games
NFL 2022 on 18:12 - Dec 19 with 1704 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 09:56 - Dec 19 by Nigeriamark

Great game in a weekend of great games. Fins can take a lot of positives from that defeat but must win their next game. Unbelievable win by the Vikings, and what a run the Lions are on, from zeros to heroes

Eagles v 49’s and Chiefs v Bengals are my tips for the championship games

Indeed. Beat Pats and Jets and we are in. Very disappointing (and brutal) 3 week road trip for the Fins, particularly the WC games where we contributed to 2 Ls by helping to beat ourselves. Relatively heartened by the Bills game. Split the series and came out 1 point down = 52-51 over the 2 encounters vs the AFC #1 seed. Really good contest. Bills got a little home cooking (we were on the end of a few egregious calls) but all in all I can't complain. The final nail in the coffin was definitely DPI on Darth Kader, but as the refs hadn't called one on the Bills all night I just assumed they were letting them play? Other results definitely went our way last night to offset the disappointment of the third L on the bounce.

Saw the worst of the Mafia in-game - throwing ice balls onto the field which could have caused serious injury, but as Tua pointed out, they donated a lot of cash to his foundation after his concussion. Two sides to every story.

This is a nice video of the rivalry. Goes back a long way (in AFC years)!

That game belonged in every way in the continued tradition and it looks like Marino v Kelly will now be Allen v Tua for some time to come.

Dan Campbell is the Lions HC. He's a really great bloke. Complete heart on sleeve character. Love them getting a bit of success.

Don't think you'll be far out with those predictions either. I'd add the Bills in with the Chiefs and Bengals though ........ any one of those three could represent the AFC. The knock on Allen though is he can be inaccurate and not take care of the ball. The pass into the EZ on Saturday though was quite the spectacle.

NFL 2022 on 18:23 - Dec 19 with 1701 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 22:20 - Dec 17 by pioneer

Good riposte😊

Let battle commence!

Nope - closest I got was driving to Stowe in Vermont to be best man at a mates wedding with no chains, no winter tyres (I don't think?) and jet-lagged about 30 years ago. Vehicles abandoned everywhere and I lost it a few times before arriving. Never been as stressed driving ever (and I've done a lot of driving), and the beer I downed on arrival never tasted so good. I'll never take driving in snow lightly ever again!

NFL 2022 on 19:21 - Dec 29 with 1557 viewsUSADale

Was out in Las Vegas week and half ago for the Patriots game, what a crazy finish to a game and 20,000 Pats fans just in utter disbelief. Highlight of the trip though was meeting Drew Bledsoe the day before, he was on the radio broadcasting from the Wynn. I had his gameday shirt on from the 95 season, he spotted it, pointed at me and gave a thumbs up saying "nice shirt man". He walked over on a break, we did a selfie and he said "we have to get the shirt in the pic" then he signed it, I was like a little kid.
For a brand new stadium it's an absolute piece of crap, of the 9 NFL stadiums I've been to I would would put it 3rd worst behind the Pats old stadium and then Buffalo's, the two ahead of it are/were years old though not brand new.
Anyway going to the Pats/Fins game on NY day, crazy to think after this past 2 weeks the Pats still control their own playoff destiny. I can see us beating Miami but not Buffalo in Buffalo especially if they need to win to clinch a bye. At least it's a meaningful game to be at on Sunday and going to be over 50f so not cold either, bring it on!
NFL 2022 on 09:31 - Jan 2 with 1486 viewspioneer

Pats, Fish or Steelers for the last play off spot in AFC?

Its all Miami’s to lose.

MNF should be a belter….lets go buffalo.
NFL 2022 on 11:32 - Jan 2 with 1472 viewsKnavesmireBob

Really looking forward to it tonight!

Hope I'm wrong but I think we might lose our win streak tonight but beat the Ravens next week to top the division. Wouldn't be surprised to then see Pats winning in Buffalo next week to maybe squeak in the playoffs and hand the Chiefs #1 seed.

Jags and Chargers will be no pushovers in the playoffs either if both make it through, the progress of Jacksonville and Lawrence feels a lot like us and Burrow just 12 months behind in development.

All coming to the boil nicely, bring it on!
NFL 2022 on 02:29 - Jan 3 with 1423 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 11:32 - Jan 2 by KnavesmireBob

Really looking forward to it tonight!

Hope I'm wrong but I think we might lose our win streak tonight but beat the Ravens next week to top the division. Wouldn't be surprised to then see Pats winning in Buffalo next week to maybe squeak in the playoffs and hand the Chiefs #1 seed.

Jags and Chargers will be no pushovers in the playoffs either if both make it through, the progress of Jacksonville and Lawrence feels a lot like us and Burrow just 12 months behind in development.

All coming to the boil nicely, bring it on!

Awful scenes at the game. Bills Hamlin gets off the floor after making an innocent looking tackle and then collapses.

Game suspended….ambulance on field and medics giving him CPR.

Never seen stuff like this in NFL before. Cant see them continuing with the game.
NFL 2022 on 11:49 - Jan 4 with 1343 viewsKnavesmireBob

NFL 2022 on 02:29 - Jan 3 by pioneer

Awful scenes at the game. Bills Hamlin gets off the floor after making an innocent looking tackle and then collapses.

Game suspended….ambulance on field and medics giving him CPR.

Never seen stuff like this in NFL before. Cant see them continuing with the game.

Feel I've become a bit of a curse posting Bengals stuff on this thread - last time chatting with DL preceded the Tua concussion and I didn't feel appropriate saying much after that either.

Was awful to watch and really hope he makes a full recovery and is back playing in the fullness of time in the same way Christian Eriksen has done. I've been to Buffalo and have a very healthy respect for your franchise, always felt we've plenty in common.

I'm not a massive fan of the inevitable finger pointing that always seems to follow events like these, but equally you can't help feel Goodell could have read the room better and called it off much sooner. Hopefully something to learn from.

Was a shame as I got the impression we were set for a belter - choosing to receive first and both teams scoring early suggests it could have been a real back and forth classic. Every chance it'll come around again in the divisional round of the playoffs albeit probably at your place this time with the winner heading to Arrowhead for the championship game, if so let's hope Hamlin's on the road to recovery by then and we put on a show for him and his family.
NFL 2022 on 12:11 - Jan 4 with 1330 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 11:49 - Jan 4 by KnavesmireBob

Feel I've become a bit of a curse posting Bengals stuff on this thread - last time chatting with DL preceded the Tua concussion and I didn't feel appropriate saying much after that either.

Was awful to watch and really hope he makes a full recovery and is back playing in the fullness of time in the same way Christian Eriksen has done. I've been to Buffalo and have a very healthy respect for your franchise, always felt we've plenty in common.

I'm not a massive fan of the inevitable finger pointing that always seems to follow events like these, but equally you can't help feel Goodell could have read the room better and called it off much sooner. Hopefully something to learn from.

Was a shame as I got the impression we were set for a belter - choosing to receive first and both teams scoring early suggests it could have been a real back and forth classic. Every chance it'll come around again in the divisional round of the playoffs albeit probably at your place this time with the winner heading to Arrowhead for the championship game, if so let's hope Hamlin's on the road to recovery by then and we put on a show for him and his family.

I was at the Bills v Broncos game in 2007 when Bills kevin everett was rushed to hospital with a serious spine injury and never played again so the incident on monday brought back those memories.

Hamlin had to be resuscitated twice, once on the field and again when he arrived at the hospital. Latest is he is still not breathing himself.

As you say the game started with some great footy from both sides. Now non of that matters and it really puts a damper on the end of season and play offs. Buffalo teams do seem to be jinxed.
NFL 2022 on 12:52 - Jan 4 with 1298 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 12:11 - Jan 4 by pioneer

I was at the Bills v Broncos game in 2007 when Bills kevin everett was rushed to hospital with a serious spine injury and never played again so the incident on monday brought back those memories.

Hamlin had to be resuscitated twice, once on the field and again when he arrived at the hospital. Latest is he is still not breathing himself.

As you say the game started with some great footy from both sides. Now non of that matters and it really puts a damper on the end of season and play offs. Buffalo teams do seem to be jinxed.

Didn't see the game live - caught up with events up to k.o. on Twitter and a Fins MB and then saw your strangely timed mid-game post on this thread the next day. Continued reading Fins MB then switched to Twitter to catch up on news. I'd planned to watch the highlights on Sky, so was trying to avoid details. The consensus seems to be the game won't be played before Sunday now, if at all. Paycor stadium certainly seems to have had more than it's fair share of medical emergencies this season!

There's always joking going on with rival fans when divisional rivals play each other, and folk say they don't care who wins as long as there's lots of injuries, but I think this incident has brought universal support for Hamlin.

He had a foundation to raise cash for Christmas Toys which had a target of $2.5k and last time I looked was about to break the $6m mark. Like the Bills Mafia supported Tua's foundation, everyone has forgotten rivalries and supported someone in need. The last I heard his uncle said he's down to 50% oxygen from 100% but still being ventilated. It does look like he's making progress but very early days.

It's really difficult to imagine football being played again this season. I think every NFL fan is stunned at the moment. I agree with KB though, Goodell and the NFL came out of this smelling like they'd been skunk-wrestling. Player safety my @rse. They care about one thing and one thing only - $. They handled this incident with the empathy of Putin. A really bad look for them.

NFL 2022 on 07:18 - Jan 6 with 1202 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 12:52 - Jan 4 by DaleiLama

Didn't see the game live - caught up with events up to k.o. on Twitter and a Fins MB and then saw your strangely timed mid-game post on this thread the next day. Continued reading Fins MB then switched to Twitter to catch up on news. I'd planned to watch the highlights on Sky, so was trying to avoid details. The consensus seems to be the game won't be played before Sunday now, if at all. Paycor stadium certainly seems to have had more than it's fair share of medical emergencies this season!

There's always joking going on with rival fans when divisional rivals play each other, and folk say they don't care who wins as long as there's lots of injuries, but I think this incident has brought universal support for Hamlin.

He had a foundation to raise cash for Christmas Toys which had a target of $2.5k and last time I looked was about to break the $6m mark. Like the Bills Mafia supported Tua's foundation, everyone has forgotten rivalries and supported someone in need. The last I heard his uncle said he's down to 50% oxygen from 100% but still being ventilated. It does look like he's making progress but very early days.

It's really difficult to imagine football being played again this season. I think every NFL fan is stunned at the moment. I agree with KB though, Goodell and the NFL came out of this smelling like they'd been skunk-wrestling. Player safety my @rse. They care about one thing and one thing only - $. They handled this incident with the empathy of Putin. A really bad look for them.

The advantage of retirement....I can watch the NFL without having to get up for work.

Things looking to be improving.

I am willing to give NFL a bit of a break...I expect they would have been under pressure from various parties (TV, local public agencies). Time was needed to cope with 60000 hitting Cincinnati streets 3 hours earlier than anticipated.

Police, emergency services, public transport all needed time

Still no news on consequences for replaying game.

I expect the bills players will give it their all - win one for the gipper sort of thing
NFL 2022 on 10:15 - Jan 6 with 1193 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 07:18 - Jan 6 by pioneer

The advantage of retirement....I can watch the NFL without having to get up for work.

Things looking to be improving.

I am willing to give NFL a bit of a break...I expect they would have been under pressure from various parties (TV, local public agencies). Time was needed to cope with 60000 hitting Cincinnati streets 3 hours earlier than anticipated.

Police, emergency services, public transport all needed time

Still no news on consequences for replaying game.

I expect the bills players will give it their all - win one for the gipper sort of thing

I'm on my victory lap Pioneer, so not far behind you. '23 will be my last year at the crease.

Things improving massively after catching up with overnight developments. Still relatively early days, but it looks like he's emerging from the woods, if not fully out of them yet. Bills medical staff unanimously praised for saving Damar's life. That's the biggest win in the history of any franchise for me!

I'll go a little of the way to meeting you in the middle on the NFL, but that was a very sombre crowd which left mostly in silence after what they'd witnessed. I've been to Cincy, but can't remember transport arrangements as I came in by car - it's not exactly like queueing for an underground train at Wembley though? Still think they handled it badly.

Anyway, moving on, game is now cancelled and looks like this week will go ahead as normal with W/L %s used to determine play-off teams. Hope the Bills do win one for the gipper - we need all of that and a home win over the Jets to scrape in. With Tua unlikely for the play-offs (?) I think we're toast in game 1 even if we progress. I do wonder if the Bills use this as a motivation to be a team of destiny and go all the way (winning them all for the gipper)?

Edit: need another coffee before I get my head round this

[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 10:20]

NFL 2022 on 11:56 - Jan 6 with 1171 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 10:15 - Jan 6 by DaleiLama

I'm on my victory lap Pioneer, so not far behind you. '23 will be my last year at the crease.

Things improving massively after catching up with overnight developments. Still relatively early days, but it looks like he's emerging from the woods, if not fully out of them yet. Bills medical staff unanimously praised for saving Damar's life. That's the biggest win in the history of any franchise for me!

I'll go a little of the way to meeting you in the middle on the NFL, but that was a very sombre crowd which left mostly in silence after what they'd witnessed. I've been to Cincy, but can't remember transport arrangements as I came in by car - it's not exactly like queueing for an underground train at Wembley though? Still think they handled it badly.

Anyway, moving on, game is now cancelled and looks like this week will go ahead as normal with W/L %s used to determine play-off teams. Hope the Bills do win one for the gipper - we need all of that and a home win over the Jets to scrape in. With Tua unlikely for the play-offs (?) I think we're toast in game 1 even if we progress. I do wonder if the Bills use this as a motivation to be a team of destiny and go all the way (winning them all for the gipper)?

Edit: need another coffee before I get my head round this

[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 10:20]

Jeez… thats a real test of the grey matter!

You have to remember no buffalo team has ever won a national championship.

I was atthe stanley cup final when brett hull’s “no goal” won the stanley cup for Dallas at 2am. They are jinxed so I have no belief that even something as stark as this will provide the motivation for wiining it all. Of course I hope I am wrong. And losing 4 superbowls in a row is more than bad luck. I was in a mexican bar watching the first one (wide right) surrounded by giants fans …definitely in the top 5 of my worst night in my life list.
NFL 2022 on 12:58 - Jan 6 with 1152 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 11:56 - Jan 6 by pioneer

Jeez… thats a real test of the grey matter!

You have to remember no buffalo team has ever won a national championship.

I was atthe stanley cup final when brett hull’s “no goal” won the stanley cup for Dallas at 2am. They are jinxed so I have no belief that even something as stark as this will provide the motivation for wiining it all. Of course I hope I am wrong. And losing 4 superbowls in a row is more than bad luck. I was in a mexican bar watching the first one (wide right) surrounded by giants fans …definitely in the top 5 of my worst night in my life list.

I know that, but all jinxes end eventually surely ................?

Anyway, reading further since my last post, it seems the consensus is if KC win on Saturday, and the Fins back in, we’ll be rewarded with a trip to Buffalo. Without Tua, that’s a blood bath. With him, it’s probably just an early bath?

Edit:

[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 15:55]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024