Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL 2022 12:32 - Sep 19 with 12119 viewspioneer

Someone on here will be happy with the Dolphins 2-0 start. Hopefully the Bills will match it with a win against Titans.
NFL 2022 on 20:05 - Jan 6 with 1881 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 12:58 - Jan 6 by DaleiLama

I know that, but all jinxes end eventually surely ................?

Anyway, reading further since my last post, it seems the consensus is if KC win on Saturday, and the Fins back in, we’ll be rewarded with a trip to Buffalo. Without Tua, that’s a blood bath. With him, it’s probably just an early bath?

Edit:

[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 15:55]

Oh those football gods🤞
NFL 2022 on 00:10 - Jan 9 with 1810 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 20:05 - Jan 6 by pioneer

Oh those football gods🤞

HAIL TO THE PLAY OFF BOUND 🐬!

Hope we can see another snow bowl game.
NFL 2022 on 15:03 - Jan 9 with 1724 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 00:10 - Jan 9 by pioneer

HAIL TO THE PLAY OFF BOUND 🐬!

Hope we can see another snow bowl game.

Well, up to a point, the FGs have been kind to the Fins as we have a 1pm Sunday game time. That being said, the forecast is for barely above freezing for that day but no snow as of the forecast I saw on-line.

Bills opened 10.5 point faves. After the 60 yard completion to Diggs, that seems a little stingy? Even if Tua makes a miraculous recovery and gets out of the concussion protocol and MM let's him play, I think we'll be one and done. Without him it could be over by HT. At least my misery won't come in the wee small hours

Edit - just saw this on Touchdown trips for isitme:

Chiefs Divisional Weekend

20 — 23 January 2023
Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways | One checked bag included | Regional airport connections available
3 Nights, Hotel Indigo Kansas City Downtown — great hotel in prime KC location!
Chiefs Pregame Tailgate — enjoy all-inclusive food, drink and tailgate games at this tailgate party walking distance from Arrowhead Stadium
AFC Divisional Game | Kansas City Chiefs v TBC | Upper Level seats (Rows 1-15) | Upgrades available
Private airport transfers
Starting at £1,395 per person (double occupancy)
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 17:07]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFL 2022 on 17:03 - Jan 11 with 1665 viewsDaleiLama

Tua out for Sunday. Bills get a bye for WC1. Skylar will start. Great experience for him, but that's our season over.

NFL 2022 on 17:22 - Jan 11 with 1641 viewsisitme

NFL 2022 on 15:03 - Jan 9 by DaleiLama

Well, up to a point, the FGs have been kind to the Fins as we have a 1pm Sunday game time. That being said, the forecast is for barely above freezing for that day but no snow as of the forecast I saw on-line.

Bills opened 10.5 point faves. After the 60 yard completion to Diggs, that seems a little stingy? Even if Tua makes a miraculous recovery and gets out of the concussion protocol and MM let's him play, I think we'll be one and done. Without him it could be over by HT. At least my misery won't come in the wee small hours

Edit - just saw this on Touchdown trips for isitme:

Chiefs Divisional Weekend

20 — 23 January 2023
Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways | One checked bag included | Regional airport connections available
3 Nights, Hotel Indigo Kansas City Downtown — great hotel in prime KC location!
Chiefs Pregame Tailgate — enjoy all-inclusive food, drink and tailgate games at this tailgate party walking distance from Arrowhead Stadium
AFC Divisional Game | Kansas City Chiefs v TBC | Upper Level seats (Rows 1-15) | Upgrades available
Private airport transfers
Starting at £1,395 per person (double occupancy)
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 17:07]

If only!

Wildcard weekend is my favourite round of games of the year. Although there have been too many blowouts recently to make the games really interesting.

I'm going for:

Bills
Bengals
Jags
49ers
Vikings
Cowboys

With hopefully some interesting games to watch.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 18:09]
NFL 2022 on 17:49 - Jan 11 with 1609 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 17:22 - Jan 11 by isitme

If only!

Wildcard weekend is my favourite round of games of the year. Although there have been too many blowouts recently to make the games really interesting.

I'm going for:

Bills
Bengals
Jags
49ers
Vikings
Cowboys

With hopefully some interesting games to watch.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 18:09]

I'd agree with 4 of those - Jags v Chargers a tough one to call, but I'd go with HFA, Jags D and Lawrence finally having the game slow down for him.

Presume you meant Cowboys for your last pick as that begins with C too? I'm going with the Giants in that one. Daboll has them believing and they are on a roll.

NFL 2022 on 07:30 - Jan 12 with 1558 viewsNigeriamark

NFL 2022 on 17:49 - Jan 11 by DaleiLama

I'd agree with 4 of those - Jags v Chargers a tough one to call, but I'd go with HFA, Jags D and Lawrence finally having the game slow down for him.

Presume you meant Cowboys for your last pick as that begins with C too? I'm going with the Giants in that one. Daboll has them believing and they are on a roll.

I don't see too many shocks but if Brady and Evans can hook up as in week 18, I could see that being the upset
NFL 2022 on 10:06 - Jan 12 with 1536 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 07:30 - Jan 12 by Nigeriamark

I don't see too many shocks but if Brady and Evans can hook up as in week 18, I could see that being the upset

Bills, Bengals, Vikes, Jags and Chargers all never lifted the Lombardi.

First 2 have the best chance to break that jinx in my book. Will the Bills finally prove the 0 in Buffal0 isn't the number of times they won it all Pioneer? Brilliant news on getting Hamlin cleared medically in Buffalo and home sleeping in his own bed!

Login to get fewer ads

NFL 2022 on 11:15 - Jan 12 with 1521 viewsKnavesmireBob

I love these next 2 weekends. Makes January just about bearable. I reckon Jags v Chargers will be a pick 'em belter and wish it had one of the 6pm or 9.30pm slots. Two cracking young QBs and can see both teams being genuine contenders next year. Great that most of our teams have made it through to the post season too. Best of luck everyone....for now!
NFL 2022 on 12:19 - Jan 12 with 1505 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 10:06 - Jan 12 by DaleiLama

Bills, Bengals, Vikes, Jags and Chargers all never lifted the Lombardi.

First 2 have the best chance to break that jinx in my book. Will the Bills finally prove the 0 in Buffal0 isn't the number of times they won it all Pioneer? Brilliant news on getting Hamlin cleared medically in Buffalo and home sleeping in his own bed!

Men on a mission at orchard park.

But for a city whose only national professional sports championship is indoor lacrosse (Go Bandits) I expect it will still end in tears. I do hope i am wrong

Lets go Buffal…0000 and maybe soon another 0.

How can you not cheer for a city with a downtown baseball stadium with a pearl street end!

If not the Bills then the bengals….a great place to watch footy. My first ever bills game was v Pats with Doug Flutie at QB for the Pats. My second was against Bengals with Boomer at QB.
NFL 2022 on 12:37 - Jan 15 with 1416 viewsNigeriamark

NFL 2022 on 12:19 - Jan 12 by pioneer

Men on a mission at orchard park.

But for a city whose only national professional sports championship is indoor lacrosse (Go Bandits) I expect it will still end in tears. I do hope i am wrong

Lets go Buffal…0000 and maybe soon another 0.

How can you not cheer for a city with a downtown baseball stadium with a pearl street end!

If not the Bills then the bengals….a great place to watch footy. My first ever bills game was v Pats with Doug Flutie at QB for the Pats. My second was against Bengals with Boomer at QB.

The 2 Saturday games have delivered in terms of entertainment, especially the Jags/Chargers game. Chargers blowing up is as common as Dale doing the same at home

Roll on today’s games
NFL 2022 on 14:27 - Jan 15 with 1410 viewsDaleiLama

Got up and put telly on to watch Jags and saw they were 24-0 down with 5 t/os. What a waste of time I thought. Then I watched the Chargers 'Charger' - it's now a verb in the US. KB no doubt pleased to see Jackson still out for Ravens. 2-0 on predictions so far but don't expect that to last. Got Bills, Giants, Bengals tonight and Bucs tomorrow.

NFL 2022 on 20:44 - Jan 15 with 1371 viewsKnavesmireBob

How you feeling DL?

Cracking weekend so far. The NFL never disappoints!
NFL 2022 on 20:57 - Jan 15 with 1364 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 20:44 - Jan 15 by KnavesmireBob

How you feeling DL?

He has probably got more fingernails left than i have.

But breathing a little easier now
NFL 2022 on 23:49 - Jan 15 with 1327 viewsDaleiLama

I expected us to get blown out. So all in all, I'll take that. The lingering feeling is we beat ourselves somewhat with ill-discipline and inexperience, but going toe to toe with one of the best teams in the AFC gives me some cause for optimism for next year with Tua back at the helm.

NFL 2022 on 19:19 - Jan 16 with 1261 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 20:44 - Jan 15 by KnavesmireBob

How you feeling DL?

So far, a really good set of games, all being close. Ravens did better than I expected and it looked like Bailey was guilty of an illegal block in the back on Andrews during the 98yd fumble recovery TD, but it wasn't called. Your LT had a brace on one knee and injured the other. His replacement did well, but that's a blow for the playoffs if it keeps him out. So ......

KnavesmireBob vs Pioneer for one Divisional game and Isitme vs Duvaaaaaaaaal for the other. (Confess I'm not that interested in the NFC - 49ers look the pick there in early going)

NFL 2022 on 19:48 - Jan 16 with 1247 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 19:19 - Jan 16 by DaleiLama

So far, a really good set of games, all being close. Ravens did better than I expected and it looked like Bailey was guilty of an illegal block in the back on Andrews during the 98yd fumble recovery TD, but it wasn't called. Your LT had a brace on one knee and injured the other. His replacement did well, but that's a blow for the playoffs if it keeps him out. So ......

KnavesmireBob vs Pioneer for one Divisional game and Isitme vs Duvaaaaaaaaal for the other. (Confess I'm not that interested in the NFC - 49ers look the pick there in early going)

Shame Bills v Bengals means one team wont make the AFC final.

But it does mean I will have someone to cheer for v the chiefs.

Hopefully we will see the great game that we were deprived of two weeks ago.

Lets go Buffalo.
NFL 2022 on 22:14 - Jan 16 with 1216 viewsKnavesmireBob

Should probably start with a self-conscious acknowledgement there might be a few finding the stickiness of this thread on a Dale messageboard increasingly tedious. Apologies if so, only a couple of weeks to go :)

Just finally caught up, what an ace weekend. Massive respect to your boys DL, like you say loads to keep you feeling positive through the off season.

A grind it out win for us against a divisional rival that embodies everything about the city in which they play. Lick our wounds this week and hope we're not 3 offensive linemen down. Burrow might have to keep it pretty short and simple if he doesn't want to be repeatedly dumped to the ground from here on in.

I've loads of time for Buffalo so will happily accept second best to you Pioneer if that comes to pass at the weekend. I was born in '77 so those 4 Superbowl defeats that followed our own in '89 have become lasting childhood memories - taking the portable telly up to my bedroom for an all night vigil and walking in to school the next day like a zombie wondering if I was ever going to see an AFC team get over the line again. Maybe a bit far fetched but I've always felt being a Bengal and a Dale fan relate in lots of ways and I expect the same holds true for the Bills. I spent a large part of my working life in the 00s in Boston and whilst I became a fan of all the city's others sports teams I could never bring myself to love the Pats for precisely that reason.

Anyway, bring on Sunday. Won't be at all surprised if the winner is at home the following week either - Jags second half of the season has so many parallels to ours last year and can see Lawrence giving the Chiefs plenty to think about. 4 super young QBs left in the AFC half so hopefully one of them will be holding the Lombardi trophy a month from now.
NFL 2022 on 20:03 - Jan 22 with 1151 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 22:14 - Jan 16 by KnavesmireBob

Should probably start with a self-conscious acknowledgement there might be a few finding the stickiness of this thread on a Dale messageboard increasingly tedious. Apologies if so, only a couple of weeks to go :)

Just finally caught up, what an ace weekend. Massive respect to your boys DL, like you say loads to keep you feeling positive through the off season.

A grind it out win for us against a divisional rival that embodies everything about the city in which they play. Lick our wounds this week and hope we're not 3 offensive linemen down. Burrow might have to keep it pretty short and simple if he doesn't want to be repeatedly dumped to the ground from here on in.

I've loads of time for Buffalo so will happily accept second best to you Pioneer if that comes to pass at the weekend. I was born in '77 so those 4 Superbowl defeats that followed our own in '89 have become lasting childhood memories - taking the portable telly up to my bedroom for an all night vigil and walking in to school the next day like a zombie wondering if I was ever going to see an AFC team get over the line again. Maybe a bit far fetched but I've always felt being a Bengal and a Dale fan relate in lots of ways and I expect the same holds true for the Bills. I spent a large part of my working life in the 00s in Boston and whilst I became a fan of all the city's others sports teams I could never bring myself to love the Pats for precisely that reason.

Anyway, bring on Sunday. Won't be at all surprised if the winner is at home the following week either - Jags second half of the season has so many parallels to ours last year and can see Lawrence giving the Chiefs plenty to think about. 4 super young QBs left in the AFC half so hopefully one of them will be holding the Lombardi trophy a month from now.

A typical January day in Buffalo
NFL 2022 on 21:29 - Jan 22 with 1098 viewsKnavesmireBob

Yep you wouldn't want it any other way for this game tonight. Enjoyed that half. I'm an eternal pessimist with the Bengals so let's just say may the best team win :)
NFL 2022 on 21:47 - Jan 22 with 1091 viewsDaleiLama

NFL 2022 on 22:14 - Jan 16 by KnavesmireBob

Back when I first started watching AF I loved to see QBs passing. Marino was obviously my fave but Boomer was my second fave and the Bungles (back in the day) were my 2nd team to look out for. Have to say I cooled to them a little when they were guilty of some dirty play (Burfict et al) but I am still rooting for them. I went to a game in Cincy when my best mate lived in Columbus. His neighbour was a fan and drove us there. We'd only been driving about 1/2 an hour when we hit a deer which bolted on the highway and went partially through the windscreen then up over the A pillar. Escaped death by inches in the passenger seat. I was so pissed by game time I can't even remember the score.

Great contest so far in the snow. Bengals playing a great game on both sides of the ball so far, especially with that banged up OL. WHO DEY?

NFL 2022 on 22:52 - Jan 22 with 1069 viewspioneer

NFL 2022 on 21:29 - Jan 22 by KnavesmireBob

Yep you wouldn't want it any other way for this game tonight. Enjoyed that half. I'm an eternal pessimist with the Bengals so let's just say may the best team win :)

The best team are winning! Good luck next week at KC.

I had a similar experience to you DL driving to a game in Michigan in snow storm. Wretched road conditions and skidded across three lanes of highway and into ditch. AAA said it would be at least 6 hours before they would get to me. A pick up truck with four african america guys in pulls up….all my unconcious racism emerged fearing my wallet, keys etc would be taken. Instead they offered to get me out of the ditch with a tow which they did succesfully. I gratefully greased their palms and still made it to game on time.
NFL 2022 on 17:11 - Jan 23 with 991 viewsNigeriamark

NFL 2022 on 22:52 - Jan 22 by pioneer

The best team are winning! Good luck next week at KC.

I had a similar experience to you DL driving to a game in Michigan in snow storm. Wretched road conditions and skidded across three lanes of highway and into ditch. AAA said it would be at least 6 hours before they would get to me. A pick up truck with four african america guys in pulls up….all my unconcious racism emerged fearing my wallet, keys etc would be taken. Instead they offered to get me out of the ditch with a tow which they did succesfully. I gratefully greased their palms and still made it to game on time.

2 very good championship games next week. Can Burrow continue his good run against KC? I’ll take KC in that one in a tight match

My “new” team the Eagles had been on a bit of a decline at the end of the regular season, but then blew the Giants away in what I thought might be a close game. The 49’s who had been destroying teams showed they can win an ugly game too, against a good Dallas team. Probably been a Dale fan too long so I will go for my team to just get pipped by the 49’s next week

KC v 49’s Super Bowl is my prediction

Edit- might review my choice of the first game if Mahomes is ruled out
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 19:08]
NFL 2022 on 13:34 - Jan 24 with 940 viewswatford_dale

NFL 2022 on 17:11 - Jan 23 by Nigeriamark

2 very good championship games next week. Can Burrow continue his good run against KC? I’ll take KC in that one in a tight match

My “new” team the Eagles had been on a bit of a decline at the end of the regular season, but then blew the Giants away in what I thought might be a close game. The 49’s who had been destroying teams showed they can win an ugly game too, against a good Dallas team. Probably been a Dale fan too long so I will go for my team to just get pipped by the 49’s next week

KC v 49’s Super Bowl is my prediction

Edit- might review my choice of the first game if Mahomes is ruled out
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 19:08]

Going for Bengals over Chiefs due to Mahommes not being able to scramble as effectively as he usually does, although he is a dynamite pocket passer. Also feel the loss of Tyreek Hill will come to the fore and you can therefore focus on nullifying Kelce. Although I expect the chiefs defence to be more challenging than the Bills (they have gone from #4 defence in pressuring the opposition to #27 after the injury to Von Miller).

Giants were awful and the Eagles blew the doors off them, Hurts looked good after coming back from injury. Eagles have a great defence with home advantage with Hurts at QB and with SF down to their 3rd string QB, I will go for Eagles.

Bengals v Eagles
NFL 2022 on 18:16 - Jan 25 with 859 viewsUSADale

NFL 2022 on 13:34 - Jan 24 by watford_dale

Going for Bengals over Chiefs due to Mahommes not being able to scramble as effectively as he usually does, although he is a dynamite pocket passer. Also feel the loss of Tyreek Hill will come to the fore and you can therefore focus on nullifying Kelce. Although I expect the chiefs defence to be more challenging than the Bills (they have gone from #4 defence in pressuring the opposition to #27 after the injury to Von Miller).

Giants were awful and the Eagles blew the doors off them, Hurts looked good after coming back from injury. Eagles have a great defence with home advantage with Hurts at QB and with SF down to their 3rd string QB, I will go for Eagles.

Bengals v Eagles

Yeah I'm going for the Bengals too, its a valid point about Mahomes with his high ankle sprain not being mobile. I don't know why they brought him straight back after Henne had led them on a team record 98 YD TD drive. I thought they would have tried to save Mahomes and only use him if needed rather than risk injury. Other than an injury hit OL (not that you would know based on the poor showing from Buffalo) Bengals are in good shape and looking strong, they match up well with KC and seem to have their number. Burrows is right up there behind Mahomes when looking for the 2nd best QB in the league.

As for the other game, as good as Philly as is i'm on the Brock Purdy bandwagon, since Mr. Irrelevant entered in week 11 (I think) he's leading all QB's in most category's and #2 in the ones he's not #1 at. It's a fairytale story and would love to see him win the SB. That will really bugger things up with Trey Lance and what they do with him after trading so much for him. Philly is a good team and not an easy place to go to, most of the country is going to be against them.so they have a chip on their shoulder too. They have a bad rap across the country as being scummy fans, never had an issue with them at Gillette but never been to Philly for a game. Only time I was in Philly was due to a snow storm and being stuck overnight, people were great and had a great time. Gave some Flyers fans a ride to their hotel after a Winter Classic NHL game at Fenway Park. They were blown away and asked how they could repay me, I said Philly has a bad rap, if you ever see a New England/Boston fan in Philly needing help please help them out.

Should be a good Sunday but hoping for Bengals/Niners SB.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024