Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle 09:29 - Sep 24 with 1133 viewsdurham_exile

I have little time this week to pen my thoughts, so this is the truncated version.

I think everyone was agreed that WB had to go. I had suggested five more games to see if he could begin to turn the super tanker, but it was a forlorn hope.

So Steve Ball gets the temporary manager nod and in a way what a crunch game for all concerned.

Keeping it short and sweet

O'Hara

Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Kazeem

Newby Chilvers Longstaff Lubala

Appiah Sears

Subs
Hornby Eastman Chesters Coxe Clampin Judge Nouble

Weather 17 degrees celsius and sunny

Crowd small (2,800) but not miniscule!

Scoreline 3-0 to keep the faithful happy

Get that appointment made this week, the super tanker cannot be allowed to drift like the Ever Given, otherwise we will have our own Suze crisis on our hands.

Try to enjoy the game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 10:32 - Sep 24 with 1036 viewsnoah4x4

4-4-2? Not a chance whilst Humes is still the puppet master. Hoping for better, but probably will be a lone striker, one shot on target. Let’s hope it goes in:
New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 13:42 - Sep 24 with 979 viewsthrillseeker

Finished work early, so ticket booked and off we go.

I am just hoping we play with some attacking intent instead of playing for the standard 0-0 of recent matches

Rid the starting XI of Chambers, Skuse and Appiah

3 points today
New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 15:56 - Sep 24 with 948 viewsWitham

Another pissarro poor performance- just like Tockport and Tranmere. No forward capable of holding up the ball , Chesters not looking up when he has the ball so missing the runners, and Longstaff with plenty to say but doing nothing.
Bring on Eastman as a forward for second half.
New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:01 - Sep 24 with 945 viewsthrillseeker

Another appalling half of football.

Longstaff - thought he would be good but so disappointed with him.

Chilvers - no comment

O'Hara - calamity. Hasn't caught one ball cleanly and gives away penalty.

Rochdale are not world beaters but very well organised unlike us.

Surely 2nd half can only be better for us
New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:02 - Sep 24 with 943 viewswessex_exile

Well that's O'Hara dropped for the AFC Wimbledon - looks very shaky.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:08 - Sep 24 with 936 viewsburnsieespana

What a disastrous performance. This season is not going to end well is my fear
New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:22 - Sep 24 with 917 viewsburnsieespana

60 mins gone an shots on target with 62% of play says it all!
New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:31 - Sep 24 with 909 viewsLeadbelly

New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:22 - Sep 24 by burnsieespana

60 mins gone an shots on target with 62% of play says it all!

I hope that’s not a criticism of the club’s philosophy.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:47 - Sep 24 with 886 viewsdurham_exile

It's a lot worse than I thought.

Really grim

The absolute pits.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:51 - Sep 24 with 881 viewsLeadbelly

And Sears has a penalty saved.

New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:52 - Sep 24 with 877 viewsLeadbelly

New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:51 - Sep 24 by Leadbelly

And Sears has a penalty saved.

Does that count as a shot on target?

New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:52 - Sep 24 with 877 viewsburnsieespana

They should all be in for extra training tomorrow. Pathetic and here comes the National League
New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:56 - Sep 24 with 865 viewsLeadbelly

New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:52 - Sep 24 by Leadbelly

Does that count as a shot on target?

It did!

New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:58 - Sep 24 with 860 viewsdurham_exile

An absolute disgrace

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 17:01 - Sep 24 with 856 viewswessex_exile

...and that, ladies and gentlemen, is why we not only need a new manager, it's why we need a manager coming in from outside to shake us awake from the torpor of a succession of failed internal appointments. As frustrating as it was, no blame on Sears, he put his spot-kick in exactly the same place as theirs, just this time the goalkeeper guessed right.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 17:25 - Sep 24 with 831 viewsnoah4x4

I would send all the Ipswich has-beens except Eastman and Skuse back to Suffolk and Longstaff back to Newcastle. THE worst performance I have witnessed in twenty years. Humes and Ball are tactically clueless, the team selection and set up defied logic.

The refereeing was also diabolical. How did Breakspear miss the blatant Rochdale hand ball before O'Hara fouled to give away the penalty? Hannant dived for our penalty (but he has to be good at something). A shocking, shambolic, performance. I fear we are destined for non-league. Humes Out!
New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 18:05 - Sep 24 with 790 viewsthrillseeker

New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 16:56 - Sep 24 by Leadbelly

It did!

And that was the only shot the keeper had to save
New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 18:20 - Sep 24 with 781 viewsthrillseeker

The biggest difference between us & Rochdale was that Rochdale had a style/ formation they stuck it and were very well organised.

Also their manager realised Tchamadeu was pressing forward lots and made a substitution to nullify that threat. Why is it other managers can see these things and make correct tactical changes whilst ours cannot?

Shows how people have differing opinions but I thought Chesters & Lubala were doing OK yet SB subs them.

Why is our GK so scared to distribute the ball quickly and always pissing around passing to Chambers/ Dallinson 100% of time. Variation is OK and a punt upfield is allowed even if DOF says no.

I am very angry with what I saw today
New Temporary Manager Bounce to give U's the edge in basement battle on 19:16 - Sep 24 with 750 viewsbwildered

A bottom of the basement game, decided by two penalties, one scored one not, one definitely was and one not . But it did show how poor in execution are play has become, regularly from game to game, with such experience about and within, what a disgrace to the club and shirt .
Games are decided by small margins those within say, but sadly are margins are bigger than that has the quality is lacking throughout, surprisingly since of the experience within the squad. The result vindicates the external appointment required, due to the easy excesses made for results and performances .
If it loses its league status come the end of the season, it will get what it deserves, has it has enough warnings on past season. Scunny on a Tuesday night anyone .
[Post edited 24 Sep 2022 19:34]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024