Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curry in Swansea 19:22 - Sep 26 with 2124 viewsPolskijack

I'm over for the Global Jacks convention in October so can anyone recommend a good Indian restaurant near the Dragon Hotel where I'm staying. Thanks.for any help ☺️
Curry in Swansea on 20:08 - Sep 26 with 2068 viewsAguycalledJack

The rose indiene is good 👍

How you finding the dragon, need somewhere to stay in Swansea in November and been looking at the dragon.
Curry in Swansea on 21:21 - Sep 26 with 2020 viewsbritferry

Vojon on St Helens road, its basically the other end of the Kingsway and only a 5 minute walk away

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Curry in Swansea on 21:30 - Sep 26 with 2011 viewsPolskijack

Curry in Swansea on 21:21 - Sep 26 by britferry

Vojon on St Helens road, its basically the other end of the Kingsway and only a 5 minute walk away

Thanks for the info ☺️
Curry in Swansea on 21:36 - Sep 26 with 2004 viewsPolskijack

Curry in Swansea on 20:08 - Sep 26 by AguycalledJack

The rose indiene is good 👍

How you finding the dragon, need somewhere to stay in Swansea in November and been looking at the dragon.

Thanks.

I'm staying at the Dragon for four nights and I've not been there before so can't comment on how good it is. I'll let you know ☺️
Curry in Swansea on 21:39 - Sep 26 with 2000 viewsfbreath

The Buffett place in Park tawe not far from Dragon

I’ve never been there anyone who has, what’s it like

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Curry in Swansea on 21:47 - Sep 26 with 1991 viewsPolskijack

Curry in Swansea on 21:39 - Sep 26 by fbreath

The Buffett place in Park tawe not far from Dragon

I’ve never been there anyone who has, what’s it like

Thanks ☺️
Curry in Swansea on 21:57 - Sep 26 with 1971 viewsbuilthjack

How many are coming to the convention?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Curry in Swansea on 23:04 - Sep 26 with 1926 viewsDJack

Rose Indienne or the Bananaleaf(Sri lankan/Southern Indian cuisine)

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Curry in Swansea on 23:08 - Sep 26 with 1921 viewsLohengrin

Curry in Swansea on 23:04 - Sep 26 by DJack

Rose Indienne or the Bananaleaf(Sri lankan/Southern Indian cuisine)

Are you a bit of a foodie? I had a flyer through the door this week touting Nepalese food. Have you tried it, any good?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Curry in Swansea on 01:36 - Sep 27 with 1896 viewsDJack

Curry in Swansea on 23:08 - Sep 26 by Lohengrin

Are you a bit of a foodie? I had a flyer through the door this week touting Nepalese food. Have you tried it, any good?

Foodie, me! . No buddy I'm not but the aforementioned places are good.

I've eaten Nepalese/Ghurka food in two places in the UK. One was Wareham the other place eludes me. I enjoyed the experience... the last time was 2010 though so my memory is a bit wonky.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Curry in Swansea on 07:12 - Sep 27 with 1867 viewsPolskijack

Curry in Swansea on 21:57 - Sep 26 by builthjack

How many are coming to the convention?

It's the first of what we hope will be an annual event that will undoubtedly grow so not too bothered about numbers but there are 5 of us coming over from Poland which I think is an amazing effort (me plus 4 Poles). ☺️
[Post edited 27 Sep 2022 7:35]
Curry in Swansea on 09:25 - Sep 27 with 1777 viewsbritferry

Going for a beer?

Nearest bar would be the Hanbury, used to be popular but needs a good renovating, staying on Kingsway, Bunkhouse is half way down, does live music but not been in there, Wetherpoons far end, Potter Wheel, cheap and cheerful... Vojon just round the corner from here.

Sadly, Wind St is your best bet but worth taking a tour around Marina if you've got an afternoon spare, there is a bar/restaurant on top of the tower that could be worth a visit

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Curry in Swansea on 10:16 - Sep 27 with 1759 viewscontroversial_jack

Curry in Swansea on 09:25 - Sep 27 by britferry

Going for a beer?

Nearest bar would be the Hanbury, used to be popular but needs a good renovating, staying on Kingsway, Bunkhouse is half way down, does live music but not been in there, Wetherpoons far end, Potter Wheel, cheap and cheerful... Vojon just round the corner from here.

Sadly, Wind St is your best bet but worth taking a tour around Marina if you've got an afternoon spare, there is a bar/restaurant on top of the tower that could be worth a visit

That post just shows how far Swansea has fallen behind other comparable cities
Curry in Swansea on 10:45 - Sep 27 with 1751 viewsbuilthjack

Curry in Swansea on 07:12 - Sep 27 by Polskijack

It's the first of what we hope will be an annual event that will undoubtedly grow so not too bothered about numbers but there are 5 of us coming over from Poland which I think is an amazing effort (me plus 4 Poles). ☺️
[Post edited 27 Sep 2022 7:35]

Tidy. The Germans still come once a year, not sure when this time

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Curry in Swansea on 11:12 - Sep 27 with 1739 viewswhiterock

Na Zdrowie, RosÄ™ Indiane as suggested is one of my favourites and instead of desert, you can always pop into Joes to finish ?
Curry in Swansea on 11:16 - Sep 27 with 1738 viewsPolskijack

Curry in Swansea on 09:25 - Sep 27 by britferry

Going for a beer?

Thanks for this. We've been invited for a few beers before the game by Pencoed Jacks and I'm sure we'll find our way for a few in the evenings also. ☺️
Curry in Swansea on 15:48 - Sep 27 with 1656 viewsAguycalledJack

Curry in Swansea on 11:16 - Sep 27 by Polskijack

Thanks for this. We've been invited for a few beers before the game by Pencoed Jacks and I'm sure we'll find our way for a few in the evenings also. ☺️

If you want a proper pub, get down the queens, probably a 10—15-minute walk from the Dragon. Great old school pub and not expensive. Just off the marina. Bit of history to it as well.

Then after the Queens, Wind St is just over the road. One eyed jacks always got offers on.
Curry in Swansea on 06:38 - Sep 29 with 1507 viewsfbreath

Forget India India it’s done a monty python parrot “it is no more”

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Curry in Swansea on 18:25 - Oct 1 with 1381 viewsJack123

I have heard the Panshee is nice, yet to try it myself though, it's opposite the Grand Theatre more or less, could bloody murder a decent curry, but have given up on Indian deliveries to the house, spend 50 plus and so bad it goes in bin, yet when you complain, you get fobbed off with don't worry it will be better next time.

libera nos a malo

Curry in Swansea on 21:22 - Oct 1 with 1352 viewsraynor94

Curry in Swansea on 18:25 - Oct 1 by Jack123

I have heard the Panshee is nice, yet to try it myself though, it's opposite the Grand Theatre more or less, could bloody murder a decent curry, but have given up on Indian deliveries to the house, spend 50 plus and so bad it goes in bin, yet when you complain, you get fobbed off with don't worry it will be better next time.

Don't know where you live, but the Cinnamon Tree in Tycoch is excellent for take away, best I've had locally

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Curry in Swansea on 15:11 - Oct 2 with 1281 viewsJack123

Curry in Swansea on 21:22 - Oct 1 by raynor94

Don't know where you live, but the Cinnamon Tree in Tycoch is excellent for take away, best I've had locally

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, reviews on the web, look pretty good as well.

libera nos a malo

Curry in Swansea on 15:22 - Oct 2 with 1273 viewsunion_jack

Curry in Swansea on 21:22 - Oct 1 by raynor94

And The Mumtaz in Mumbles is superb.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Curry in Swansea on 22:48 - Oct 2 with 1194 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Curry in Swansea on 18:25 - Oct 1 by Jack123

Dodgy chilies there - I always get heartburn. Rose Indienne is superb though naan bread to die for

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024