Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window 14:10 - Dec 12 with 21287 viewsburnsieespana

Allegedly we have made a bid for Crawley's y Tom Nichols according to the Cumberland News.
Anybody any idea how many loan players will return to parent clubs in January?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 14:13]
Transfer window on 17:39 - Jan 4 with 3072 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer window on 17:35 - Jan 4 by thrillseeker

Who?

I don't recognise the name and I can't recall seeing him play against us.

Not inspired again

He played for Bradford when we beat them 3-0 in April! Bodes well that. Has been on loan at Solihull the whole season this season.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Transfer window on 17:55 - Jan 4 with 3044 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer window on 17:39 - Jan 4 by RSCOSWORTH

He played for Bradford when we beat them 3-0 in April! Bodes well that. Has been on loan at Solihull the whole season this season.

Someone called Macca Bonne has just left QPR having had his contract cancelled.

Now 27.

What does the team think?

Please can we sign Danny Johnson from Mansfield and stop all this nonsense bringing in inexperienced or National League players.

Regarding Bonne don't think I've ever seen him play more than 8 minutes in a game.

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 18:41 - Jan 4 with 3024 viewsgerry_us

Transfer window on 17:55 - Jan 4 by durham_exile

Someone called Macca Bonne has just left QPR having had his contract cancelled.

Now 27.

What does the team think?

Please can we sign Danny Johnson from Mansfield and stop all this nonsense bringing in inexperienced or National League players.

Regarding Bonne don't think I've ever seen him play more than 8 minutes in a game.

Get him back and play him for 90 minutes up front where he belongs.
We badly treated him when he was with us before. Now a chance to get the best out of him; still only 27...prime of life for a footballer.
Could be just Durham_grandad and me will want him back though.
Transfer window on 18:52 - Jan 4 with 2999 viewsLeadbelly

Transfer window on 18:41 - Jan 4 by gerry_us

We badly treated him when he was with us before. Now a chance to get the best out of him; still only 27...prime of life for a footballer.

I’d be very happy to see Bonne back at Col U. Doubt it will happen though.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Transfer window on 19:28 - Jan 4 with 2989 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer window on 18:41 - Jan 4 by gerry_us

Completely disagree that he was treated badly when he was here. I don't expect him to be back either as I can see a League One club taking a punt on him.

Transfer window on 19:38 - Jan 4 with 2984 viewsburnsieespana

Transfer window on 19:28 - Jan 4 by RSCOSWORTH

Completely disagree that he was treated badly when he was here. I don't expect him to be back either as I can see a League One club taking a punt on him.

Agree but can't see Ipswich taking him back
Transfer window on 20:36 - Jan 4 with 2959 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer window on 19:38 - Jan 4 by burnsieespana

Agree but can't see Ipswich taking him back

Unless they give us Freddie Ladapo back!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 16:45 - Jan 5 with 2820 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer window on 20:36 - Jan 4 by durham_exile

Unless they give us Freddie Ladapo back!

Up the U's

Having read the latest updates from MB my principal concern is that that the word on Danny Johnson has gone deathly quiet.

Three defenders/midfielders but the age old problem of no new striker.

Possible Darlington signing on the horizon but competition from Hartlepool and Cambridge.

Up the U's

I remain optimistic but positive news would be ideal.

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window on 09:17 - Jan 6 with 2732 viewsthrillseeker

Transfer window on 16:45 - Jan 5 by durham_exile

Having read the latest updates from MB my principal concern is that that the word on Danny Johnson has gone deathly quiet.

Three defenders/midfielders but the age old problem of no new striker.

Possible Darlington signing on the horizon but competition from Hartlepool and Cambridge.

Up the U's

I remain optimistic but positive news would be ideal.

I read somewhere Danny Johnson has expressed a desire to return closer to his family's North East roots so I would be very surprised if he came down to Essex unless we can be persuasive with good deal on wages etc
Transfer window on 11:40 - Jan 6 with 2702 viewsLeadbelly

Transfer window on 09:17 - Jan 6 by thrillseeker

I read somewhere Danny Johnson has expressed a desire to return closer to his family's North East roots so I would be very surprised if he came down to Essex unless we can be persuasive with good deal on wages etc

Johnson’s loan deal at Walsall expires on 15 January. Probably no movement before then and, as you say, his preference is to go north. Would be amazed if he signs for Col U.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Transfer window on 14:45 - Jan 7 with 2553 viewsmfb_cufc

Strong rumours on twitter that we have agreed to sign Connor Hall, a defender from Port Vale, on a two-and-half-year deal.

mfb

Transfer window on 17:32 - Jan 7 with 2480 viewsburnsieespana

Based on comment made on Facebook looks like something might be announced later.
Transfer window on 18:03 - Jan 7 with 2452 viewswessex_exile

Transfer window on 17:32 - Jan 7 by burnsieespana

Based on comment made on Facebook looks like something might be announced later.

Announced now, Connor Hall from Port Vale for an undisclosed fee on a two and a half year contract.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Transfer window on 21:52 - Jan 7 with 2313 viewsValiant_J

Vale fan in peace.

I guarantee you’ve just signed the best centre half in League 2. We signed him this time last year and he was a revelation, and a huge factor in our promotion. He’s tough as old boots, steady on the ball and a weapon on set pieces.

He’s left for family reasons and I don’t think there’s many Vale fans who aren’t sad he’s gone. You’re in a tricky spot right now but I genuinely can’t see you could have signed a better player, nice one.

Best of luck, I’ll be jiggered if you’re not all in love with him by the end of the transfer window!
Transfer window on 22:27 - Jan 7 with 2293 viewswessex_exile

Transfer window on 21:52 - Jan 7 by Valiant_J

Vale fan in peace.

I guarantee you’ve just signed the best centre half in League 2. We signed him this time last year and he was a revelation, and a huge factor in our promotion. He’s tough as old boots, steady on the ball and a weapon on set pieces.

He’s left for family reasons and I don’t think there’s many Vale fans who aren’t sad he’s gone. You’re in a tricky spot right now but I genuinely can’t see you could have signed a better player, nice one.

Best of luck, I’ll be jiggered if you’re not all in love with him by the end of the transfer window!

Cheers Valiant, good to hear, though sad to hear his move might be due to family reasons, hopefully nothing too traumatic. We'll look after him whilst he's here, trust me. If he helps in our journey up the table, we'll love him, don't worry about that! Best wishes in League 1, hopefully we'll see each other (moving in the right direction) before too soon.

Up the U's

Transfer window on 23:18 - Jan 7 with 2270 viewsmfb_cufc

Transfer window on 21:52 - Jan 7 by Valiant_J

Vale fan in peace.

After reading what Vale fans think of this transfer on the Onevalefan forum, I would just like to say what absolute class they all are. I hope Hall turns out to be as good for us as he has been for them..

mfb

Transfer window on 12:15 - Jan 8 with 2125 viewsburnsieespana

PV fans do seem to highly rate him
RC has certainly backed MB this window and wonder if we are going to see a loan or two to reduce our wage bill.
Whilst for a long time I had my doubts about MB am very hopeful I am going to have to be very humble.
MB does seem to be get more out of a number of players than previous coaches so fingers crossed for remainder of the season and we do seem to be building for next season when a good view are out of contract.
Transfer window on 12:46 - Jan 9 with 1966 viewsBlue4U2

Transfer window on 22:27 - Jan 7 by wessex_exile

Cheers Valiant, good to hear, though sad to hear his move might be due to family reasons, hopefully nothing too traumatic. We'll look after him whilst he's here, trust me. If he helps in our journey up the table, we'll love him, don't worry about that! Best wishes in League 1, hopefully we'll see each other (moving in the right direction) before too soon.

Heard that Hall has a home in Cambridgeshire so Essex is considerably closer than Vale
Seems he will settle well with a shorter commute

Good luck Connor 2!!
Transfer window on 13:19 - Jan 9 with 1951 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer window on 23:18 - Jan 7 by mfb_cufc

After reading what Vale fans think of this transfer on the Onevalefan forum, I would just like to say what absolute class they all are. I hope Hall turns out to be as good for us as he has been for them..

Completely agree. I saw some of their posts on Facebook and they seemed genuinely gutted to lose him as a player but supportive of his move to us. I've never felt much emotion of any description towards Port Vale, either positive or negative. I can't remember watching any particularly exciting matches against them and don't recall them ever wronging our club like say Norwich or Hull. One thing I do recall about Port Vale is that when the season was curtailed due to Covid their owner/CEO voted for the league to end as it was even though it was probably to the detriment of their club at the time. Because of this I was really glad when they got their promotion and just goes to show that if you act in the right way good things do happen for you.

Transfer window on 13:48 - Jan 9 with 1942 viewswessex_exile

Transfer window on 13:19 - Jan 9 by RSCOSWORTH

Completely agree. I saw some of their posts on Facebook and they seemed genuinely gutted to lose him as a player but supportive of his move to us. I've never felt much emotion of any description towards Port Vale, either positive or negative. I can't remember watching any particularly exciting matches against them and don't recall them ever wronging our club like say Norwich or Hull. One thing I do recall about Port Vale is that when the season was curtailed due to Covid their owner/CEO voted for the league to end as it was even though it was probably to the detriment of their club at the time. Because of this I was really glad when they got their promotion and just goes to show that if you act in the right way good things do happen for you.

My only issue with Port Vale - their traffic management post-match is positively glacial. One coach and maybe 20-30 cars, and it still takes half an hour to get out of the visitors car park.

Up the U's

Transfer window on 15:22 - Jan 9 with 1910 viewsburnsieespana

Jay joins us from Exeter for another fee
Owens loan spell up so goes back to QPR.
Another good days work and so impressed with how we have got people in so early ç.
Transfer window on 15:53 - Jan 9 with 1884 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The best signing so far for me!

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/january/fifth-new-signing/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64213803

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=72250&season_id=155

Where are all the Cowling knockers now? He's backing his manager big time in this transfer window.

Transfer window on 16:58 - Jan 9 with 1818 viewsthrillseeker

I am impressed with the signings and backing RC has given MB.

Makes me wonder if we have sold someone for a fee (Chilvers) and RC has re-invested funds.

I expect a number of players to leave this transfer window and I suspect plans are already in place for next season - Chambers, Skuse, Judge etc contracts not being extended
Transfer window on 17:02 - Jan 9 with 1810 viewsthrillseeker

Not a big gambler but just stuck £0.50 at 250/1 on a CUFC top 7 finish
Transfer window on 17:33 - Jan 9 with 1773 viewswessex_exile

Transfer window on 15:53 - Jan 9 by RSCOSWORTH

The best signing so far for me!

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/january/fifth-new-signing/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64213803

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=72250&season_id=155

Where are all the Cowling knockers now? He's backing his manager big time in this transfer window.

They're all impressive - right levels of experience, right age range, long contracts, clearly Matt building his team for the future, and with the financial support of Robbie Cowling. However, I agree, signing Matt Jay is just amazing.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024