Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window 14:10 - Dec 12 with 21298 viewsburnsieespana

Allegedly we have made a bid for Crawley's y Tom Nichols according to the Cumberland News.
Anybody any idea how many loan players will return to parent clubs in January?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 14:13]
Transfer window on 20:17 - Jan 25 with 2793 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer window on 17:17 - Jan 25 by mfb_cufc

The latest strong rumour is we are about to sign Tom Hopper, a striker, and current captain, at Lincoln.

Mick confirmed by two reliable sources.

29 years of age and 6ft 1in tall.
Not prolific but decent return at this level.

That would probably complete the January transfer window activity and hopefully no departures

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 22:38 - Jan 25 with 2746 viewsmfb_cufc

Transfer window on 20:17 - Jan 25 by durham_exile

Mick confirmed by two reliable sources.

29 years of age and 6ft 1in tall.
Not prolific but decent return at this level.

That would probably complete the January transfer window activity and hopefully no departures

Up the U's

Yes, durham, more than just a rumour.

From the FWL

Colchester United are in talks to sign Lincoln City striker Tom Hopper, Football League World can exclusively reveal.

It’s been a busy month already for the League Two club, who began January five points above the relegation zone but have now increased that cushion to seven points and climbed to 18th.

The permanent signings of Arthur Read from Stevenage, Matt Jay from Exeter City, Connor Hall from Port Vale, and Fiacre Kelleher from Bradford City have helped to strengthen Matt Bloomfield’s squad significantly but it seems the U’s are not done yet.

Sources have exclusively informed FLW that they’re now in talks over a deal that would see Hopper join from Lincoln.

The 29-year-old has scored 21 goals in 100 appearances for the Imps and was named club captain at the start of the season following the departure of Liam Bridcutt but has been in and out of the starting XI over the past month or so.

Hopper signed a three-and-a-half-year deal when joined Lincoln from Southend United in January 2020, meaning his contract at LNER Stadium is set to expire in the summer.

mfb

Transfer window on 13:10 - Jan 26 with 2628 viewsmfb_cufc

Hopper expected to sign today.

mfb

Transfer window on 13:41 - Jan 26 with 2613 viewsLeadbelly

Transfer window on 13:10 - Jan 26 by mfb_cufc

Hopper expected to sign today.

"good character" "leader" and "injury prone" seem to be the most regular comments regarding Hopper.

Rumour doing the rounds is that Tom Eastman is off to Harrogate on loan.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Transfer window on 14:32 - Jan 26 with 2596 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer window on 13:41 - Jan 26 by Leadbelly

"good character" "leader" and "injury prone" seem to be the most regular comments regarding Hopper.

Sounds as though he was unlucky with an injury which kept him out for a long period of time but looks a good prospect.
Another ex Captain of his team.

I wonder what Tom Eastman has done to hack off so many people. Considering he has been a great servant over the years, his treatment this season has been shabby.

Still we move on.

Hope Hopper can feature this weekend.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 14:35 - Jan 26 with 2594 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer window on 13:41 - Jan 26 by Leadbelly

Maybe he's joining the media department as he has a history of making films...

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Transfer window on 16:05 - Jan 26 with 2548 viewsmfb_cufc

Colchester United have signed Tom Hopper from Lincoln City.

The experienced striker has joined the U's on a permanent contract until the summer of 2025, subject to the usual approvals.

This addition to the squad is the sixth signing of the January transfer window, following the captures of Connor Wood, Fiacre Kelleher, Arthur Read, Connor Hall and Matt Jay.

After coming through the ranks at Leicester City, the twenty nine year old made a handful of cup appearances for the Premier League side during his time in the East Midlands.

A successful loan spell at Scunthorpe came about in the second half of the 2014/15 season, securing him a permanent deal to the Irons in the summer of 2015.

His three year spell at Scunthorpe ended, after over 120 appearances, in 2018 when he signed for the U's Essex neighbours Southend United.

Lincoln City then paid an undisclosed fee for the striker in the January window of 2020, but after three years in Lincolnshire, Hopper heads to north Essex for the next two and a half years.

mfb

Transfer window on 16:41 - Jan 26 with 2523 viewsLeadbelly

Transfer window on 14:35 - Jan 26 by RSCOSWORTH

Maybe he's joining the media department as he has a history of making films...

😉

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window on 19:08 - Jan 26 with 2431 viewsmfb_cufc

One Tom in, one Tom out. Tom Eastman has gone on loan to Harrogate for the rest of the season.

mfb

Transfer window on 20:21 - Jan 26 with 2404 viewswessex_exile

Transfer window on 19:08 - Jan 26 by mfb_cufc

One Tom in, one Tom out. Tom Eastman has gone on loan to Harrogate for the rest of the season.

Not surprised, given how far the pecking order Tom is these days. I'm glad he's hopefully got at least half a season of matches to make an impression. Still hope we give him a decent testimonial though!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Transfer window on 20:44 - Jan 26 with 2386 viewsLeadbelly

Transfer window on 20:21 - Jan 26 by wessex_exile

Not surprised, given how far the pecking order Tom is these days. I'm glad he's hopefully got at least half a season of matches to make an impression. Still hope we give him a decent testimonial though!

I’ll second that.

Every player at our level, regardless of position, has a mistake in them, Tom included, but he’s always been a wholehearted footballer and scored his fair share of goals too. Great servant of the club over many years. Good luck to him.

Transfer window on 23:27 - Jan 26 with 2333 viewsgerry_us

Transfer window on 20:44 - Jan 26 by Leadbelly

I’ll second that.

Every player at our level, regardless of position, has a mistake in them, Tom included, but he’s always been a wholehearted footballer and scored his fair share of goals too. Great servant of the club over many years. Good luck to him.

As mentioned in Harrogate web site...

"He's a player we identified some time ago, he's very comfortable on the ball and for me is very underestimated as a footballer," boss Simon Weaver told the club website".

Very underestimated by the U's management for the past couple of years.
Transfer window on 09:24 - Jan 27 with 2265 viewswessex_exile

Transfer window on 23:27 - Jan 26 by gerry_us

As mentioned in Harrogate web site...

"He's a player we identified some time ago, he's very comfortable on the ball and for me is very underestimated as a footballer," boss Simon Weaver told the club website".

Very underestimated by the U's management for the past couple of years.

I wouldn’t say so, he’s been a regular first team player under successive managers throughout his time at the U’s. But, with the arrival of Connor Hall and Fiacre Kelleher he was only going to on the bench at best most games. Far better for all concerned that the club give Tom a chance to play some football out on loan. Hopefully the loan also means Dallison’s injury isn’t too serious?

Up the U's

Transfer window on 09:58 - Jan 27 with 2261 viewsburnsieespana

Be ironical if we get a couple of CB's out injured for a period......sorry to see Tom E go as feel MB never gave him much of an opportunity.
Who next? Nouble & Sears must be likely departures before close of window and the NL window goes on longer so could end up there playing for some good sides.
Transfer window on 10:29 - Jan 27 with 2254 viewsWitham

Tom Eastman made an interesting comment in the programme a few weeks ago about he knew he had to fight to impress Wayne Brown. If his vital goals and general reliability hadn't already impressed says a lot about WB's judgement.
Transfer window on 10:52 - Jan 27 with 2248 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer window on 09:24 - Jan 27 by wessex_exile

I wouldn’t say so, he’s been a regular first team player under successive managers throughout his time at the U’s. But, with the arrival of Connor Hall and Fiacre Kelleher he was only going to on the bench at best most games. Far better for all concerned that the club give Tom a chance to play some football out on loan. Hopefully the loan also means Dallison’s injury isn’t too serious?

I was pretty disappointed with Hall on Tuesday night. Didn't think he was particularly dominant, he was poor on the ball and his distribution was terrible. I've never rated Smith and Chambers makes too many mistakes. I think the problem with Eastman is that he's not that good of a footballer and all these managers want centre backs that can play a bit. I think, in reality, in League Two a centre back who can defend is far more beneficial than one that can pick a pass or go on the odd run with the ball here and there. Tom has always needed a leader alongside him but give him that and he'll defend until the cows come home. I've seen nothing from any of the other centre backs that have played in the last few seasons to suggest they're any better than Eastman. Problem is that quite a few managers haven't seen him as a regular starter. I'd be very surprised to see him in a Col U shirt again to be honest.

Transfer window on 11:02 - Jan 27 with 2246 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer window on 09:58 - Jan 27 by burnsieespana

Be ironical if we get a couple of CB's out injured for a period......sorry to see Tom E go as feel MB never gave him much of an opportunity.
Who next? Nouble & Sears must be likely departures before close of window and the NL window goes on longer so could end up there playing for some good sides.

I agree. He's barely played him only had a few starts in the league under Bloomfield. I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them leave this window.

Transfer window on 11:04 - Jan 27 with 2245 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Will Greenidge joins from West Ham on a two and a half year deal.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=125130

Transfer window on 11:10 - Jan 27 with 2242 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer window on 11:04 - Jan 27 by RSCOSWORTH

Will Greenidge joins from West Ham on a two and a half year deal.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=125130

Tom Eastman has been poorly treated.

We must not forget that in addition to his defensive duties either at CB or RB he has also scored some very valuable goals normally headed goals over the years

Anyway we move on and look forward to climbing the table.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 11:57 - Jan 27 with 2232 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Will Greenidge

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/january/will-greenidge/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64424283

Transfer window on 13:52 - Jan 27 with 2200 viewswessex_exile

It would appear our business model is buy up all the footballers so there's none left for anyone else?

Up the U's

Transfer window on 14:29 - Jan 27 with 2191 viewsnoah4x4

Transfer window on 13:52 - Jan 27 by wessex_exile

It would appear our business model is buy up all the footballers so there's none left for anyone else?

Stated model was to rely upon our own Academy.
Then, it changed to buy up all the Ipswich cast-offs.
Now it’s buy with more research, logic and common sense…..

……..just where has Humes vanished to……?

Can’t fault Cowling in the backing he is giving to MB. Shame he didn’t listen to the fans, rather than Humes over these past seasons. But encouraging now.
Transfer window on 18:23 - Jan 27 with 2136 viewsthrillseeker

Ryan Clampin on loan at Dundee for remainder of season

Now I expected Clampin to go out on loan but Dundee...........
Transfer window on 20:19 - Jan 27 with 2097 viewsburnsieespana

See Nouble got sent off at Ipswich playing for U23's so guess he won't now be able to go out on loan although suppose swearing at the ref is only one match.
Transfer window on 17:02 - Jan 30 with 1861 viewsdurham_exile

Good to see that we have rejected a bid for Junior from an unnamed championship club (surely not Peterborough).

Word is that we may receive seven figures.

But let's hold off until the summer to see whether he can help propel us to league one.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024