Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window 14:10 - Dec 12 with 21308 viewsburnsieespana

Allegedly we have made a bid for Crawley's y Tom Nichols according to the Cumberland News.
Anybody any idea how many loan players will return to parent clubs in January?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 14:13]
Transfer window on 17:49 - Jan 30 with 2610 viewsRSCOSWORTH

It would appear we now need a keeper!

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/january/injury-update2/

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Transfer window on 18:09 - Jan 30 with 2580 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Tom Smith joins on loan from Arsenal. Goalkeeper who spent the first half of the season on loan at Bromley.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/january/tom-smith/

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=133513

Transfer window on 18:11 - Jan 30 with 2576 viewswessex_exile

Transfer window on 17:49 - Jan 30 by RSCOSWORTH

It would appear we now need a keeper!

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/january/injury-update2/

That's not good! I assume we're allowed to make an emergency loan in this situation?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Transfer window on 19:26 - Jan 30 with 2542 viewswessex_exile

Transfer window on 18:11 - Jan 30 by wessex_exile

That's not good! I assume we're allowed to make an emergency loan in this situation?

...and as if by magic, I see we've signed goalkeeper Tom Smith from Arsenal.

Up the U's

Transfer window on 22:01 - Jan 30 with 2504 viewsburnsieespana

Transfer window on 17:02 - Jan 30 by durham_exile

Good to see that we have rejected a bid for Junior from an unnamed championship club (surely not Peterborough).

Word is that we may receive seven figures.

But let's hold off until the summer to see whether he can help propel us to league one.

Up the U's

At his age he will learn more playing week in and week put for us but accept he will likely as not get sold but a 7 figure fee would no doubt be attractive to us
Shame but he will go and if you look at the number of our former academy and young players signed from other clubs now playing at a higher level you realise how much better we could be l.
Transfer window on 09:46 - Jan 31 with 2423 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer window on 17:02 - Jan 30 by durham_exile

Good to see that we have rejected a bid for Junior from an unnamed championship club (surely not Peterborough).

Word is that we may receive seven figures.

But let's hold off until the summer to see whether he can help propel us to league one.

Up the U's

Rumours are that the bid was from Luton. So a League One club in the Championship really!

Transfer window on 10:23 - Jan 31 with 2417 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer window on 09:46 - Jan 31 by RSCOSWORTH

Rumours are that the bid was from Luton. So a League One club in the Championship really!

RS - very interesting.

Hardly a step up, pleased they have been rebuffed.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 11:45 - Jan 31 with 2404 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer window on 18:40 - Jan 22 by Addy

Lots of clubs including Tranmere are in for this guy Keena, it has been said Sligo don’t want to lose him and have already turned down a bid from Tranmere. No doubt he will go to the highest bidder if he leaves at all, he is contracted until mid 2024.

Signed for Cheltenham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64446651

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window on 13:42 - Jan 31 with 2375 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer window on 11:45 - Jan 31 by RSCOSWORTH

Signed for Cheltenham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64446651

Luke Hannant looks to be joining Dundee and meeting up with Ryan Clampin. Both on loan.

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 13:42 - Jan 31 with 2374 viewsmfb_cufc

Hannant off to Dundee to join Clampin on loan.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/4104676/exclusive-dunde

mfb

Transfer window on 14:48 - Jan 31 with 2352 viewsburnsieespana

Dundee Courier claiming Luke Hananant going on loan until end of of season.
Transfer window on 17:19 - Jan 31 with 2300 viewsmfb_cufc

Transfer window on 09:46 - Jan 31 by RSCOSWORTH

Also on twitter.

Rotherham had a bid for Junior tuned down.

Ipswich closing in on a double bid for Junior and Chilvers.

mfb

Transfer window on 17:26 - Jan 31 with 2291 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer window on 17:19 - Jan 31 by mfb_cufc

Also on twitter.

Rotherham had a bid for Junior tuned down.

Ipswich closing in on a double bid for Junior and Chilvers.

Another League One club in the Championship!

The Ipswich double mid is more concerning. They probably have more spending power than both of the others.

Transfer window on 18:01 - Jan 31 with 2261 viewsmfb_cufc

Dan Kemp, who we were being connected with once, has signed for Hartlepool on loan from MK Dons.

mfb

Transfer window on 18:08 - Jan 31 with 2253 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer window on 17:26 - Jan 31 by RSCOSWORTH

Another League One club in the Championship!

The Ipswich double mid is more concerning. They probably have more spending power than both of the others.

I don't think so.
They have already spent £2.5m this window.

I think we are safe for now.

The end of the season may produce some movement but we don't need to part with either of them.

Up the U:s

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 18:20 - Jan 31 with 2246 viewswessex_exile

Transfer window on 18:08 - Jan 31 by durham_exile

I don't think so.
They have already spent £2.5m this window.

I think we are safe for now.

The end of the season may produce some movement but we don't need to part with either of them.

Up the U:s

I hope you're right Durham. They'd have to spend more than they already have if they want both.

Up the U's

Transfer window on 18:58 - Jan 31 with 2229 viewsmfb_cufc

Barrow have completed the signing of forward Ged Garner from Fleetwood for a Club record transfer fee.

mfb

Transfer window on 21:14 - Jan 31 with 2175 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer window on 18:58 - Jan 31 by mfb_cufc

Barrow have completed the signing of forward Ged Garner from Fleetwood for a Club record transfer fee.

Barrow are rolling over at Brunton Park tonight and we are going to see them off on Saturday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 22:43 - Jan 31 with 2128 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer window on 21:14 - Jan 31 by durham_exile

Barrow are rolling over at Brunton Park tonight and we are going to see them off on Saturday.

Up the U's

More importantly we have had a very good transfer window.
Several great signings and we have retained our prize assets of Junior, Samson and Noah.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 08:07 - Feb 1 with 2065 viewsFifespud

Transfer window on 13:42 - Jan 31 by mfb_cufc

Hannant off to Dundee to join Clampin on loan.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/4104676/exclusive-dunde

Dundee fan here. Hope you lads had a good window.

Ryan Clampin had a great start to his loan on Saturday coming off the bench and immediately had a fantastic run down the left wing to cross for our third goal against the league leaders - so happy so far.

What’s the script with Luke Hannant, what can we expect? My expectations are he is a talismanic flair players who is somewhat inconsistent?

Anyway if anyone can be arsed, and why would you be, I’d appreciate your thoughts.
Transfer window on 09:06 - Feb 1 with 2037 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer window on 08:07 - Feb 1 by Fifespud

Dundee fan here. Hope you lads had a good window.

Ryan Clampin had a great start to his loan on Saturday coming off the bench and immediately had a fantastic run down the left wing to cross for our third goal against the league leaders - so happy so far.

What’s the script with Luke Hannant, what can we expect? My expectations are he is a talismanic flair players who is somewhat inconsistent?

Anyway if anyone can be arsed, and why would you be, I’d appreciate your thoughts.

Fifespud I believe that you have two decent loan signings in Clampin and Hannant.

When Luke Hannant joined us from Cambridge he had decided not to stay with his promoted club.

He has talent but is inconsistent. His problem this season has been one of 9 midfield players vying for three slots in the team.

I reckon you will find both players will assist you in your desire to achieve promotion.
Good Luck

Durham_exile

Transfer window on 09:18 - Feb 1 with 2032 viewsFifespud

Transfer window on 09:06 - Feb 1 by durham_exile

Fifespud I believe that you have two decent loan signings in Clampin and Hannant.

When Luke Hannant joined us from Cambridge he had decided not to stay with his promoted club.

He has talent but is inconsistent. His problem this season has been one of 9 midfield players vying for three slots in the team.

I reckon you will find both players will assist you in your desire to achieve promotion.
Good Luck

Cheers for that Durham Exile. Sounds promising.

We were hoping our manager Gary Bowyer would be able to unearth some gems using his contacts in the lower tiers of English football, rather than the usual recycling of the Scottish dross, and so far he’s delivered.

Good luck to Colchester too.
Transfer window on 11:18 - Feb 1 with 2000 viewspwrightsknees

Transfer window on 09:18 - Feb 1 by Fifespud

We were hoping our manager Gary Bowyer would be able to unearth some gems using his contacts in the lower tiers of English football, rather than the usual recycling of the Scottish dross, and so far he’s delivered.

Good luck Fifespud.

I've been a U's supporter since 1954, but I spent 15 years in Glasgow, but supported Hearts, an Edinburgh side (don't ask).

My abiding memory of Dens Park is January 1986 when we stood at the eastern end, in an open terrace behind the goal, with an icy wind howling down the River Tay. My word, it was damn cold, and The Dee won 1-0.

But not all was misery that day. On the way back to our car, a fellow passenger nipped to a local shop and bought freshly baked Forfar bridies for us. Absolute heaven!

But The Dee still undid us. On the final day of the 85/85 season, all Hearts needed was a draw, away to Dundee, to lift the championship. But your George Kidd decided otherwise, and two late goals cost us the title, and the following week, Aberdeen, then managed by Alex Ferguson, cost us the Cup trophy as well. Who'd be a football supporter?

Anyway, good luck to The Dee, and Up the U's.
Transfer window on 13:22 - Feb 2 with 1817 viewsFifespud

Transfer window on 11:18 - Feb 1 by pwrightsknees

Good luck Fifespud.

I've been a U's supporter since 1954, but I spent 15 years in Glasgow, but supported Hearts, an Edinburgh side (don't ask).

My abiding memory of Dens Park is January 1986 when we stood at the eastern end, in an open terrace behind the goal, with an icy wind howling down the River Tay. My word, it was damn cold, and The Dee won 1-0.

But not all was misery that day. On the way back to our car, a fellow passenger nipped to a local shop and bought freshly baked Forfar bridies for us. Absolute heaven!

But The Dee still undid us. On the final day of the 85/85 season, all Hearts needed was a draw, away to Dundee, to lift the championship. But your George Kidd decided otherwise, and two late goals cost us the title, and the following week, Aberdeen, then managed by Alex Ferguson, cost us the Cup trophy as well. Who'd be a football supporter?

Anyway, good luck to The Dee, and Up the U's.

I was at both those games.

Sorry about the Albert Kydd game, about the only goals he ever scored for us.

Still see him from time to time at Dens but he lives in Australia.

Would have been great for Hearts to win the league.
Transfer window on 20:25 - Feb 2 with 1736 viewsLeadbelly

Transfer window on 09:18 - Feb 1 by Fifespud

Hannant was very popular and effective when he played for Cambridge so we were hopeful when he came to Col U. Sadly, apart from the odd cameo, he’s not done a lot with us. He may be a victim of previous coaches’ love affair with “square pegs in round holes” or it may be for other reasons but, if played in the right position in the right system I’m sure he’ll do well for you.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024