Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Outgoing transfers 19:55 - Dec 19 with 2994 viewsEllDale

This is the time of year when we used to wonder which Dale players would be cherrypicked by bigger clubs in the transfer window?
Given that the club is apparently short of cash to fund EBJ’s warchest is there anyone who is sellable to raise some cash?
Ethan Brierley? Oscar Kelly? A fit Liam Kelly?
Outgoing transfers on 20:05 - Dec 19 with 2969 viewsJames1980

Is there any likelyhood of add ons from any players sold recently?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Outgoing transfers on 11:10 - Dec 20 with 2555 viewsToffeemanc

January is going to be a very tough month for us to make the changes we require.

For me the only way we can free up wages for new players will be to send most of the loanees back and don't renew Malleys short term deal.

Slicker - waste of a loan use Brad Kelly as the back up keeper.
Seriki - reasonable going forward but can't defend.
Nelson - for me the one loanee who actually looks like he could be a good player, but it seems pretty clearly he isn't going to start any games.
Tulloch - offers nothing, didn't even look good enough up against similar players when we played Liverpools U21's and he wasn't in the game. Personally I can't even see any potential in him.

Unfortunately a chunk of the money saved here is likely going to be needed to attempt to sign Quiqley permanently. If we end up without him for the second half of the season I think we really will be staring down the barrel at relegation.

I definitely can't see anyone in the first team who someone would be willing to pay a fee for in January with the exception of Brierley and possibly Liam Kelly. The problem would be we wouldn't get a realistic value for either which won't help us with recruiting replacements. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone leave though as I think we would accept any offer for any player at the present time.

In the window I'm expecting either an attempt to sign Quigley permanently or alternatively on loan for the remainder of the season. Also think we could end up playing the majority of January without him while it is sorted out a bit like O'Keefe last season.

Lloyd to sign to the end of the season in place of Malley who won't have his short term deal renewed.

I think 2 or 3 of the loanees will be sent back and replaced with further loans hopefully for more experienced players.
With the possible exception of Quigley as mentioned above I can't see us signing anyone permanently unless there are some unattached free agents out there that are worth a short term deal.

The business we do in January is going to need to be done as early as possible and is very likely to either make or break our season.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Outgoing transfers on 11:51 - Dec 20 with 2488 viewsEllDale

Outgoing transfers on 20:05 - Dec 19 by James1980

Is there any likelyhood of add ons from any players sold recently?

I doubt if there will be any adds-ons in January. I think the best we can hope for is if Bolton get promoted at the end of the season and trigger any clause in the Morley transfer deal.
There may be instalment fees due from the sales of Beesley and Morley 12 months ago but there again we may still owe staged payments to Woking, Darlo and Solihull for Campbell, Charman and Ball to balance things out.
Outgoing transfers on 12:06 - Dec 20 with 2454 views442Dale

Outgoing transfers on 11:10 - Dec 20 by Toffeemanc

January is going to be a very tough month for us to make the changes we require.

For me the only way we can free up wages for new players will be to send most of the loanees back and don't renew Malleys short term deal.

Nelson - for me the one loanee who actually looks like he could be a good player, but it seems pretty clearly he isn't going to start any games.
Tulloch - offers nothing, didn't even look good enough up against similar players when we played Liverpools U21's and he wasn't in the game. Personally I can't even see any potential in him.

Unfortunately a chunk of the money saved here is likely going to be needed to attempt to sign Quiqley permanently. If we end up without him for the second half of the season I think we really will be staring down the barrel at relegation.

I definitely can't see anyone in the first team who someone would be willing to pay a fee for in January with the exception of Brierley and possibly Liam Kelly. The problem would be we wouldn't get a realistic value for either which won't help us with recruiting replacements. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone leave though as I think we would accept any offer for any player at the present time.

In the window I'm expecting either an attempt to sign Quigley permanently or alternatively on loan for the remainder of the season. Also think we could end up playing the majority of January without him while it is sorted out a bit like O'Keefe last season.

Lloyd to sign to the end of the season in place of Malley who won't have his short term deal renewed.

I think 2 or 3 of the loanees will be sent back and replaced with further loans hopefully for more experienced players.
With the possible exception of Quigley as mentioned above I can't see us signing anyone permanently unless there are some unattached free agents out there that are worth a short term deal.

The business we do in January is going to need to be done as early as possible and is very likely to either make or break our season.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/september/scottquigleyjoinsonloan/

Quigley is here until the end of the season.

It’s probably not about looking at getting fees for players and more about shipping some out to free up wages if possible.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Outgoing transfers on 12:06 - Dec 20 with 2453 viewskel

Really not sure why people think we could get a fee for Kelly? You’ve seen him play yeah?
Outgoing transfers on 12:31 - Dec 20 with 2413 viewsJames1980

Outgoing transfers on 11:51 - Dec 20 by EllDale

I doubt if there will be any adds-ons in January. I think the best we can hope for is if Bolton get promoted at the end of the season and trigger any clause in the Morley transfer deal.
There may be instalment fees due from the sales of Beesley and Morley 12 months ago but there again we may still owe staged payments to Woking, Darlo and Solihull for Campbell, Charman and Ball to balance things out.

Cheers ED I expect you summation is correct. I was just clutching at more straws than an onanistic scarecrow in the vain hope add ons might boost the warchest some what.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Outgoing transfers on 13:04 - Dec 20 with 2341 viewsAtThePeake

Outgoing transfers on 12:06 - Dec 20 by kel

Really not sure why people think we could get a fee for Kelly? You’ve seen him play yeah?

He plays a decent pass once every 4 or 5 games. I've said it before but supporters usually think that means someone is showing 'potential.'

Recruitment teams at other clubs on the other hand will be thinking "why's he only doing this once every 4 or 5 games?", especially at his age. He should be in his peak.

Tangled up in blue.

Outgoing transfers on 15:10 - Dec 20 with 2166 viewsisitme

I would expect most of the loan signings to be cut short and players more suiting Bentley's style of play to he brought in. We are crying out for a midfielder with a bit of pace and mobility but can we afford one, although can we afford not to?

As others have said the squad is a mess and probably only Brierley would command a fee and that is more based on potential.
Login to get fewer ads

Outgoing transfers on 15:42 - Dec 20 with 2113 viewsEllDale

Are there too many in the squad who you don't quite know what they are?
Sinclair and Tulloch fall into that category. Widemen, centre midfield, number 10?
I'm sure Tulloch was a panic buy when Charman was injured a couple of days before the transfer window closed and it was just a matter of getting a body into the club.
Would West Brom want him back unless they can ship him out to someone else straightaway? I bet they don't want him clogging up their development teams.
Outgoing transfers on 16:51 - Dec 20 with 1992 viewselectricblue

Tulloch isnt a panic buy he is a loan player as you rightly said from WBA.
Didnt RS say he is highly thought of at WBA!.
Downside of Tulloch is that he is void of experience and he may fair better in a squad at right top end of the table....

Sinclair is one of those players where nobody inc himself know what his best position is...
The coaching staff need to have a long chat with him and play him in whichever role they can agree on and let him concentrate upon that..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Outgoing transfers on 16:58 - Dec 20 with 1977 viewselectricblue

Outgoing transfers on 11:10 - Dec 20 by Toffeemanc

Seriki, Slicker, Tulloch can go back to their parent clubs on the 1st Jan.
Nelson can stay as i would rather have him in the defence than old man McNulty.
Plus Taylor seems to have completely vanished off the radar some what, if Taylor is fit and ready loan him out...
Is campbell fit enough yet !
He could be the catalyst to scoring the goals and Dale putting daylight ftom the dtop zone..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024