Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window 14:10 - Dec 28 with 62006 viewsHullDale

Gillingham have started their business early...

January Transfer Window on 11:51 - Jan 22 with 5441 viewsfourfourtwo

https://mobile.twitter.com/SUFCOfficial/status/1617114852136288257

Wonder if Lavery is a potential option for us. Free agent after leaving Scunthorpe and had a fairly decent return on goals this season in National League.
January Transfer Window on 11:57 - Jan 22 with 5382 viewsNorthernDale

The rumour is that Doncaster are interested in him.
January Transfer Window on 13:29 - Jan 22 with 5222 viewsrich_dale

Expect / hope we are looking at the following as priorities for the next ten days:

Commanding, experienced, no nonsense centre half with leadership qualities (similar to Peter Hartley who made his debut for Hartlepool yesterday and got them a clean sheet)

Tenacious, experienced midfielder, someone vocal who can gel and organise the team - Shaun Reid / Stephen Dawson mould

Physical centre forward doing what Quigley was doing when he arrived

Left back - White is unavailable half the time

Right back would be a nice to have although SAJ could play here if we get a midfielder

Not sure whether we would need to free up more wages to achieve this or what options there are to ship anyone else out on loan, or return loanees to their parent clubs. If we get 3 out of these 5 it would be a help.
January Transfer Window on 15:09 - Jan 22 with 5018 viewselectricblue

Odoh can go out on loan if any club is willing to take him a long with Cameron John and Toumani Diagouraga.

Odoh is offering nothing to the team at all...
Cameron John when he plays the balance in the defence seems to go out the window..

Cameron John he is to slow and plays the ball sideways to often or a silly short ball....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

January Transfer Window on 08:28 - Jan 24 with 4546 viewsHullDale

January Transfer Window on 09:00 - Jan 24 with 4471 viewsIOMDale

January Transfer Window on 08:28 - Jan 24 by HullDale

That account is a parody, which is very apt - nearly spat my brew out when I first saw this!

UTDNFS

January Transfer Window on 11:51 - Jan 24 with 4092 viewsfourfourtwo

January Transfer Window on 09:00 - Jan 24 by IOMDale

That account is a parody, which is very apt - nearly spat my brew out when I first saw this!

Hope this post comes back to bite me on the arse, but you can just see us lining up on Saturday with no new signings.

Thereā€™s not even any rumours floating about.
January Transfer Window on 11:58 - Jan 24 with 4055 viewsAtThePeake

January Transfer Window on 11:51 - Jan 24 by fourfourtwo

Hope this post comes back to bite me on the arse, but you can just see us lining up on Saturday with no new signings.

This is sad, but I'm at a point where I'm not even convinced 3 or 4 signings save us at this point.

As exciting as Lloyd was in his first few games, the vast, vast majority of our signings since BBM departed have been useless, I can't shake the feeling that the next 3 or 4 will be as well.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window on 12:13 - Jan 24 with 4002 viewsHopwoodblue

January Transfer Window on 11:58 - Jan 24 by AtThePeake

This is sad, but I'm at a point where I'm not even convinced 3 or 4 signings save us at this point.

As exciting as Lloyd was in his first few games, the vast, vast majority of our signings since BBM departed have been useless, I can't shake the feeling that the next 3 or 4 will be as well.

Unless youā€™re an out of work footballer why would you want to come ?
Plus there are many decent National league teams that would pay you more anyway.
Thatā€™s the one good thing when it comes to us off loading players, there wages wonā€™t be a problem for most teams. But there again who would want any of our players anyway apart from Henderson or Lloyd ?
Iā€™m absolutely sure Brierley has left the building as Iā€™m sure in these dark times if it was a anything else the club wouldā€™ve eager to let us know.
I think if we do make a couple of signings they will then reveal the truth.
If we donā€™t sign anyone it will be a bitter pill to swallow.
Unless thereā€™s an upturn in fortunes and some signings thereā€™s no way I can see the forum going ahead. It would be to much of a hostile environment
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 13:30]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

January Transfer Window on 13:56 - Jan 24 with 3766 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 12:13 - Jan 24 by Hopwoodblue

Unless youā€™re an out of work footballer why would you want to come ?
Plus there are many decent National league teams that would pay you more anyway.
Thatā€™s the one good thing when it comes to us off loading players, there wages wonā€™t be a problem for most teams. But there again who would want any of our players anyway apart from Henderson or Lloyd ?
Iā€™m absolutely sure Brierley has left the building as Iā€™m sure in these dark times if it was a anything else the club wouldā€™ve eager to let us know.
I think if we do make a couple of signings they will then reveal the truth.
If we donā€™t sign anyone it will be a bitter pill to swallow.
Unless thereā€™s an upturn in fortunes and some signings thereā€™s no way I can see the forum going ahead. It would be to much of a hostile environment
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 13:30]

The equally annoying thing being the statement on "their wages won't be a problem for most teams" re offloading players. That's the Dale of old.

Top earners who signed reasonably early in the summer will be on very good wages by our standards. Very good for us = average for many clubs, but they still wouldn't be getting an average player. Don't forget, these wages (and contract length) were enough to take them off the market. John, EEL, even ROD. "Quality over quantity".

Re new signings...I challenged people for criticising the lack of signings early in the window. It's getting silly now. I'm at the point where every tweet from the @officiallydale account is pissing me off, because it's not news of a new (outfield) signing. I was just on a Teams call and saw several notifications come in, stupidly I thought "at last, a boost"...it's updates from a Central League Cup tie. Back to doom and gloom.
January Transfer Window on 14:02 - Jan 24 with 3741 viewskel

January Transfer Window on 13:56 - Jan 24 by Brierls

The equally annoying thing being the statement on "their wages won't be a problem for most teams" re offloading players. That's the Dale of old.

Top earners who signed reasonably early in the summer will be on very good wages by our standards. Very good for us = average for many clubs, but they still wouldn't be getting an average player. Don't forget, these wages (and contract length) were enough to take them off the market. John, EEL, even ROD. "Quality over quantity".

Re new signings...I challenged people for criticising the lack of signings early in the window. It's getting silly now. I'm at the point where every tweet from the @officiallydale account is pissing me off, because it's not news of a new (outfield) signing. I was just on a Teams call and saw several notifications come in, stupidly I thought "at last, a boost"...it's updates from a Central League Cup tie. Back to doom and gloom.

ā€œ it's updates from a Central League Cup tie.ā€

In which our first team are losing against a bunch of Bolton kids. If it wasnā€™t so pathetic it would be funny.
January Transfer Window on 16:28 - Jan 24 with 3467 viewsEllDale

To be fair there doesn't seem to be an awful lot activity in the transfer market from anyone at the moment.
It might get busier as the deadline approaches.
The worry is that Gillingham, Colchester and Hartlepool all stocked up early in January.
January Transfer Window on 17:15 - Jan 24 with 3287 viewsblackdogblue

An obvious point but they are all ^^^^ us in the leagueā€¦

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

January Transfer Window on 17:20 - Jan 24 with 3257 viewsDaleiLama

January Transfer Window on 17:15 - Jan 24 by blackdogblue

An obvious point but they are all ^^^^ us in the leagueā€¦

An obvious point, but everyone in the EFL is above us in the league!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

January Transfer Window on 17:45 - Jan 24 with 3178 viewsblackdogblue

January Transfer Window on 17:20 - Jan 24 by DaleiLama

An obvious point, but everyone in the EFL is above us in the league!

Exactly my pointā€¦ some even have some decent players or bought someā€¦

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

January Transfer Window on 19:31 - Jan 24 with 2914 viewspioneer

January Transfer Window on 16:28 - Jan 24 by EllDale

To be fair there doesn't seem to be an awful lot activity in the transfer market from anyone at the moment.
It might get busier as the deadline approaches.
The worry is that Gillingham, Colchester and Hartlepool all stocked up early in January.

and all three been winning games.
January Transfer Window on 21:00 - Jan 24 with 2685 viewsShun

January Transfer Window on 11:51 - Jan 24 by fourfourtwo

I think thatā€™s the most worrying part for me. There arenā€™t any rumours at all, unless Iā€™m blind to them. Itā€™s as if players arenā€™t even giving us the slightest bit of interest. I heard over a week ago that Nick Haughton from Fylde was a done deal but Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s fallen through now.
January Transfer Window on 22:14 - Jan 24 with 2468 viewsfourfourtwo

January Transfer Window on 21:00 - Jan 24 by Shun

I think thatā€™s the most worrying part for me. There arenā€™t any rumours at all, unless Iā€™m blind to them. Itā€™s as if players arenā€™t even giving us the slightest bit of interest. I heard over a week ago that Nick Haughton from Fylde was a done deal but Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s fallen through now.

Another National League North player. Because our recent record of singing players out of Non League has been a real success as well hasnā€™t itā€¦

Our recruitment policies/planning are just frighteningly bad.
January Transfer Window on 22:41 - Jan 24 with 2400 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 22:14 - Jan 24 by fourfourtwo

Another National League North player. Because our recent record of singing players out of Non League has been a real success as well hasnā€™t itā€¦

Thereā€™s a massive gap in quality between NLN and L2, weā€™ve certainly seen that with Charman. Weā€™ve also had our fingers burned with Ball from the top half of NL! But Iā€™d be happy taking a punt on Haughton, his record over the last few seasons is excellent. Heā€™s an attacking midfielder with an end product. Itā€™s not as if we struggle to get the likes of Odoh on the ball, getting a player who has the first idea what to do with it would be an improvement.

Being a pessimist (realist), Iā€™d also snap him up now as a L2 club with one eye on him being able to perform at NL level. Weā€™ll be a much worse proposition as a NL club and probably wonā€™t be able to attract the cream of NLN!!!
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 23:04]
January Transfer Window on 09:38 - Jan 25 with 2082 viewsfourfourtwo

January Transfer Window on 22:41 - Jan 24 by Brierls

Thereā€™s a massive gap in quality between NLN and L2, weā€™ve certainly seen that with Charman. Weā€™ve also had our fingers burned with Ball from the top half of NL! But Iā€™d be happy taking a punt on Haughton, his record over the last few seasons is excellent. Heā€™s an attacking midfielder with an end product. Itā€™s not as if we struggle to get the likes of Odoh on the ball, getting a player who has the first idea what to do with it would be an improvement.

Being a pessimist (realist), Iā€™d also snap him up now as a L2 club with one eye on him being able to perform at NL level. Weā€™ll be a much worse proposition as a NL club and probably wonā€™t be able to attract the cream of NLN!!!
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 23:04]

Fair point.

Maybe our recruitment policy isnā€™t that bad and actually ingenious, as weā€™re planning for August in the National League now!
January Transfer Window on 09:47 - Jan 25 with 2061 viewsAtThePeake

January Transfer Window on 22:14 - Jan 24 by fourfourtwo

Tbf, our recent record of signing players out of the Football League hasn't been a real success either has it?

Tangled up in blue.

January Transfer Window on 11:30 - Jan 25 with 1875 viewsHopwoodblue

Think if itā€™s another shambles on Saturday and there are no signings in the pipeline,
JB may well throw the towel in and walk away.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

January Transfer Window on 13:11 - Jan 25 with 1585 viewsHullDale

Brierley rumoured to be on trial at Sheffield United ahead of a transfer.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/01/25/sheffield-united-hoping-to-beat-pl-and-championsh
January Transfer Window on 13:16 - Jan 25 with 1549 viewsHullDale

January Transfer Window on 13:11 - Jan 25 by HullDale

Brierley rumoured to be on trial at Sheffield United ahead of a transfer.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/01/25/sheffield-united-hoping-to-beat-pl-and-championsh

January Transfer Window on 13:40 - Jan 25 with 1425 viewselectricblue

Lets hope that they offer a decent amount up front plus a sell % and the usual add ons...

I didnt realise he is out of contract in the summer then it would be wise to cash in now rather than lose come the summer as no matter what happens relegation or not .

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024