Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window 14:10 - Dec 28 with 62007 viewsHullDale

Gillingham have started their business early...

January Transfer Window on 18:29 - Jan 6 with 4701 viewsgolfaduffy

January Transfer Window on 17:12 - Jan 6 by Shun

Tbf, O'Donnell hasn't exactly been in the best form lately.

He certainly hasn't. I'd rate him as above Coleman, but below Lynch. Talk of him winning pots is madness.
January Transfer Window on 19:47 - Jan 7 with 4363 viewsHullDale

January Transfer Window on 20:18 - Jan 7 with 4242 viewsEllDale

Jeez, these guys are spending some money.
January Transfer Window on 20:25 - Jan 7 with 4198 viewsNorthernDale

On the Oldham forum, there is a rumour that Ball may be on his way there, it may be total boll*cks, but if true, it may suit him.
January Transfer Window on 20:31 - Jan 7 with 4170 viewsleedsdale

January Transfer Window on 20:25 - Jan 7 by NorthernDale

On the Oldham forum, there is a rumour that Ball may be on his way there, it may be total boll*cks, but if true, it may suit him.

And more importantly, it would suit us. His lack of basic skills to be a footballer at this level are remarkable.
January Transfer Window on 20:35 - Jan 7 with 4147 viewsnordenblue

January Transfer Window on 20:25 - Jan 7 by NorthernDale

If he needs a lift I'll gladly drop him off.....
January Transfer Window on 20:59 - Jan 7 with 4074 viewsEllDale

Crazy how he looked so good at Solihull and yet seems to be like a fish out of water at Dale.
Is it how he’s been asked to play.
Whatever the reason he just doesn’t impose himself on a game for someone his size.
January Transfer Window on 21:42 - Jan 7 with 3925 viewsFrog

Lloyd looked the best p;layer on the pitch today, another one like him please. Ball has been very disappointing, thought he could have been a top player when he arrived. We don't have a goalscorer and without one I fear the end is nigh. Sign one, or get Tav scoring we could just scrape it.
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window on 09:17 - Jan 8 with 3546 viewsfrenzied

January Transfer Window on 21:42 - Jan 7 by Frog

Lloyd looked the best p;layer on the pitch today, another one like him please. Ball has been very disappointing, thought he could have been a top player when he arrived. We don't have a goalscorer and without one I fear the end is nigh. Sign one, or get Tav scoring we could just scrape it.

Lloyd has applied himself to his credit.

It would-be hard to bring a player in who could make us look worse however.

I don't think there is a poor attitude amongst the team..they lack simple ability to perform at this level consistently..i forsee a relegation looms.

EBJ has massive experience at this level and i hope he can pull a rabbit out of the hat..he deserves better than what is at his disposal at present.

Campbell?..who knows but we cant be waiting around for him to get up and running we need a couple in ASAP.

It is the chinese year of the rabbit so lets hope EBJ can find us a game changer.
January Transfer Window on 09:26 - Jan 8 with 3514 viewsnordenblue

January Transfer Window on 09:17 - Jan 8 by frenzied

I don't think there is a poor attitude amongst the team..they lack simple ability to perform at this level consistently..i forsee a relegation looms.

EBJ has massive experience at this level and i hope he can pull a rabbit out of the hat..he deserves better than what is at his disposal at present.

Campbell?..who knows but we cant be waiting around for him to get up and running we need a couple in ASAP.

It is the chinese year of the rabbit so lets hope EBJ can find us a game changer.

Maybe bringing Campbell on with more than 2 minutes remaining may also get him up to speed a bit quicker.
January Transfer Window on 09:27 - Jan 8 with 3520 viewsHullDale

January Transfer Window on 09:17 - Jan 8 by frenzied

The thing that keeps raising attitude concerns for me is the melancholic way we approach any form of set piece. There is zero urgency to get the ball back into play & keep the pressure on the opposition... by the time we take a throw in / free kick / goal kick / RoD distributes the ball, 99% of the time we've given the other team plenty of chance to get back into shape.

EBJ can plan set pieces and tactics, but he can't dictate how quickly the players choose to carry that out after a stoppage. John is by far the worst offender, but it happens across the entire team.
January Transfer Window on 11:43 - Jan 8 with 3254 viewsTalkingSutty

January Transfer Window on 09:27 - Jan 8 by HullDale

The thing that keeps raising attitude concerns for me is the melancholic way we approach any form of set piece. There is zero urgency to get the ball back into play & keep the pressure on the opposition... by the time we take a throw in / free kick / goal kick / RoD distributes the ball, 99% of the time we've given the other team plenty of chance to get back into shape.

EBJ can plan set pieces and tactics, but he can't dictate how quickly the players choose to carry that out after a stoppage. John is by far the worst offender, but it happens across the entire team.

I think it's a fitness issue and it goes throughout the team. It's very noticeable that quite a lot of the players are blowing out of their backsides once they have exerted any kind of energy and i'll name a few, John, Ball, Rodney Kelly, Graham, there are also others. They are standing with their hands on their hips literally gasping for breath at timrs and struggle to track back. We haven't played a pressing game all season because the players we have literally aren't fit enough to implement it for any length of time. The fact that our training ground doesn't even have one full sized pitch can't be right surely, not for a professional football club. It might be a great financial arrangement for the cricket club and the football club but does it contribute to what we are seeing on the pitch. All our opponents look a yard quicker than we do and it's noticeable in every game, first to the loose ball and quicker in thought.
January Transfer Window on 11:46 - Jan 8 with 3243 viewsTalkingSutty

January Transfer Window on 09:27 - Jan 8 by HullDale

I think it's a fitness issue and it goes throughout the team. It's very noticeable that quite a lot of the players are blowing out of their backsides once they have exerted any kind of energy and i'll name a few, John, Ball, Rodney Kelly, Graham, there are also others. They are standing with their hands on their hips literally gasping for breath at timrs and struggle to track back. We haven't played a pressing game all season because the players we have literally aren't fit enough to implement it for any length of time. The fact that our training ground doesn't even have one full sized pitch can't be right surely, not for a professional football club. It might be a great financial arrangement for the cricket club and the football club but does it contribute to what we are seeing on the pitch? All our opponents look a yard faster than we do and it's noticeable in every game that they are first to the loose ball and quicker in thought.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 11:54]
January Transfer Window on 11:53 - Jan 8 with 3215 viewsD_Alien

January Transfer Window on 11:43 - Jan 8 by TalkingSutty

I think it's a fitness issue and it goes throughout the team. It's very noticeable that quite a lot of the players are blowing out of their backsides once they have exerted any kind of energy and i'll name a few, John, Ball, Rodney Kelly, Graham, there are also others. They are standing with their hands on their hips literally gasping for breath at timrs and struggle to track back. We haven't played a pressing game all season because the players we have literally aren't fit enough to implement it for any length of time. The fact that our training ground doesn't even have one full sized pitch can't be right surely, not for a professional football club. It might be a great financial arrangement for the cricket club and the football club but does it contribute to what we are seeing on the pitch. All our opponents look a yard quicker than we do and it's noticeable in every game, first to the loose ball and quicker in thought.

You might have a point, but did that apply during the times when we were ripping up teams between 2007-10 & 2014-17? There's got to be something else to it, but i agree that what you're seeing isn't what we should be seeing

I disagree on the point raised by HD about EBJ's influence on players taking quick set pieces. He can and should be impressing that upon them, or balling them out from the touchline when they don't. The reason he's not is maybe because he knows they're not quick-thinking enough to benefit. One or two might be (such as Lloyd) but not as a team
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 11:53]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

January Transfer Window on 11:57 - Jan 8 with 3184 viewsTalkingSutty

January Transfer Window on 11:53 - Jan 8 by D_Alien

You might have a point, but did that apply during the times when we were ripping up teams between 2007-10 & 2014-17? There's got to be something else to it, but i agree that what you're seeing isn't what we should be seeing

I disagree on the point raised by HD about EBJ's influence on players taking quick set pieces. He can and should be impressing that upon them, or balling them out from the touchline when they don't. The reason he's not is maybe because he knows they're not quick-thinking enough to benefit. One or two might be (such as Lloyd) but not as a team

It's telling that Lloyd looks one of the fittest players on the pitch, the one with the most energy and drive. He's hardly kicked a ball in twelve months.
January Transfer Window on 11:58 - Jan 8 with 3175 viewsHullDale

January Transfer Window on 11:53 - Jan 8 by D_Alien

That's a good point to be fair.

At Barrow it was almost funny how much EBJ was screaming "STOP THE CROSS!" and yesterday he looked to be doing similar (I couldn't hear what he was actually shouting from the WMG), so he isn't afraid of giving instruction.

Worrying times if we are lacking footballing ability, fitness AND good footballing brains.

Apparently SG said yesterday we're expecting 4 incoming... hopefully we see them materialse this week coming... Colchester is going to be a tough game.
January Transfer Window on 12:40 - Jan 8 with 3071 viewsgolfaduffy

Getting back on subject.

Gillingham are signing new players and seemingly have some cash from the takeover plus yesterdays FA Cup TV game.

Colchester already signed several players including the one from Vale who was class for Harrogate.

we need to act or w will be adrift with Crawley.
January Transfer Window on 13:31 - Jan 8 with 2927 views49thseason

January Transfer Window on 11:46 - Jan 8 by TalkingSutty

I think it's a fitness issue and it goes throughout the team. It's very noticeable that quite a lot of the players are blowing out of their backsides once they have exerted any kind of energy and i'll name a few, John, Ball, Rodney Kelly, Graham, there are also others. They are standing with their hands on their hips literally gasping for breath at timrs and struggle to track back. We haven't played a pressing game all season because the players we have literally aren't fit enough to implement it for any length of time. The fact that our training ground doesn't even have one full sized pitch can't be right surely, not for a professional football club. It might be a great financial arrangement for the cricket club and the football club but does it contribute to what we are seeing on the pitch? All our opponents look a yard faster than we do and it's noticeable in every game that they are first to the loose ball and quicker in thought.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 11:54]

Nobody is getting rich from hosting the football club at the sports club, indeed its much cheaper than running our own facility, the only cost of the pitches is the time and materials the groundstaff use to keep them in a decent condition. It maybe that there is a charge for using the clubhouse as they eat there and use it for team meetings , changing rooms etc which will use power and require more cleaning etc.

Its not perfect but I'm pretty sure that if the players need to increase running fitness, they could go to Springfield Park and use the track a couple of times a week. And dont they wear all monitors when they play which tell the coaches how far they have run and for how long and so on? If there are some players who are obviously doing less than others, you would assume it would be picked up very quickly.

A standard Lacrosse pitch is 110m x 60m , so narrower than Spotland but a bit longer, (104m x 69m).The Rochdale pitches are used for the North of England Lacrosse finals so you assume they are at the standard size for Lacrosse. There is no reason why one of the Lacrosse pitches couldnt be used with goals on the long sides to use the required width if needed.
Equally, you could argue that a smaller training pitch would speed up their thought processes as things will happen quicker.

If the players aren't fit enough, I think you would first look at the fitness coaching rather than the facilities. If your squad is reasonably settled, your pre- season work should be more productive, changing the team every summer is not a recipe for success. Maybe the reason some of out players have not been successsful at other clubs is because they lack the mental attitude required for professional sport. Danny Lloyd provides an excellent example of what a player with the right attitude can achieve in returning from a severe injury with determination and self motivation.
My worry is that mentally too many dont see any great downside to being relegated and that Rochdale is just another stop on their football journey
January Transfer Window on 14:39 - Jan 8 with 2798 viewsHopwoodblue

For me it’s more that we need someone who can deliver a decent ball into the box to create a chance,I think we have the players to score if given a chance more or less every ball that was played in yesterday was woeful. If we can get some with a decent cross or a final ball it will make a massive difference as much as Henderson is 37 we have one of the best finishers in div 2 he just needs opportunities. Lloyd is a start but we need him out wide, if we can find another wide man with a decent cross we have the physical presence with Quigley or Campbell and the guile of Henderson i think it’s possible we may start to score goals again.
Just my opinion of course.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 14:46]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

January Transfer Window on 19:34 - Jan 8 with 2454 viewsHullDale

January Transfer Window on 19:37 - Jan 8 with 2441 views442Dale

January Transfer Window on 19:34 - Jan 8 by HullDale

Some people should concentrate on their own game. If we could get new signings in, he’d be on the bench at best at the moment.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

January Transfer Window on 19:53 - Jan 8 with 2378 views49thseason

"perhaps too nice to survive" well, if we had a centre forward who was causing chaos in opponents penalty areas and making chances for others in the process we might be better off. Maybe winning a few headers would help too? Its always the ones who produce the least who make the most noise.
January Transfer Window on 09:49 - Jan 9 with 1891 viewsAtThePeake

January Transfer Window on 17:12 - Jan 6 by Shun

Tbf, O'Donnell hasn't exactly been in the best form lately.

Is it fair to say his form has dropped since Slicker became unavailable and he's had no real competition for his starting spot?

Tangled up in blue.

January Transfer Window on 09:50 - Jan 9 with 1891 viewsAtThePeake

January Transfer Window on 11:58 - Jan 8 by HullDale

That's a good point to be fair.

At Barrow it was almost funny how much EBJ was screaming "STOP THE CROSS!" and yesterday he looked to be doing similar (I couldn't hear what he was actually shouting from the WMG), so he isn't afraid of giving instruction.

Worrying times if we are lacking footballing ability, fitness AND good footballing brains.

Apparently SG said yesterday we're expecting 4 incoming... hopefully we see them materialse this week coming... Colchester is going to be a tough game.

Yep, "STOP THE CROSS" was ringing in my ears all of Saturday night.

Tangled up in blue.

January Transfer Window on 09:59 - Jan 9 with 1881 viewsJames1980

January Transfer Window on 09:50 - Jan 9 by AtThePeake

Yep, "STOP THE CROSS" was ringing in my ears all of Saturday night.

We seem to be as competent at doing that as Dick Dastardly and his crew were at stopping that pigeon.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024