Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salford Home - Doubtful ? 09:12 - Jan 20 with 1517 viewsbwildered

Game must be very doubtful, unless pitch was covered earlier this week. Permafrost conditions on the ground all week , and with temperatures not to raise above freezing overnight, expect at least a pitch inspection due tomorrow morning, has the visitors are luckily local .
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 18:49]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 09:47 - Jan 20 with 1498 viewsthrillseeker

I will be surprised if game is off tomorrow but no harm in having a precautionary pitch inspection

Expecting a balmy 3C today with 5C tomorrow and tonight temperature will not be as low as previous 3 nights.

I would like to think club had intelligence to use covers
Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 11:14 - Jan 20 with 1480 viewsdurham_exile

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 09:47 - Jan 20 by thrillseeker

I will be surprised if game is off tomorrow but no harm in having a precautionary pitch inspection

Expecting a balmy 3C today with 5C tomorrow and tonight temperature will not be as low as previous 3 nights.

I would like to think club had intelligence to use covers

TS has anyone driven to the ground perhaps to pick up tickets or visit the club shop.

Simply because you can see into the stadium from the Corners and see virtually the whole pitch.

I would imagine the covers will have been on and occasional inspections by the ground staff.

The match is so important to both sides and so any doubts must be resolved by an inspection early Saturday morning by the Referee.

Given our form MB will wish the game to go ahead.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 15:41 - Jan 20 with 1407 viewsWitham

Parking is sold out !!
Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 19:56 - Jan 20 with 1336 viewsnoah4x4

The game won’t be off. This morning, around 1000, my wife’s nearby allotment was soft and unfrozen, and that doesn’t have any pitch covers nor heat lamps (used the South Stand goalmouth, which doesn’t see the Sun).

Met Office predicts overnight cloud and a minimum of 0 degrees at 0800, but then 6 degrees by noon. The only risk is the South Stand goalmouth, but covers and heat lamps will resolve.

Predicted to be the highest gate of the season. Let’s hope so. A U’s win will see us go at least nine points clear of the relegation zone irrespective of the Hartlepool v Rochdale result.
Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 08:39 - Jan 21 with 1261 viewsbwildered

Get them turnips up Mrs Noah !!

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 10:07 - Jan 23 with 1078 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Is there a chance tomorrow night's game will be off? It's not expected to get any warmer than 3 degrees over the next couple of days with the temperature being 0 degrees from 18:00 tomorrow evening.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 11:15 - Jan 23 with 1070 viewsdurham_exile

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 10:07 - Jan 23 by RSCOSWORTH

Is there a chance tomorrow night's game will be off? It's not expected to get any warmer than 3 degrees over the next couple of days with the temperature being 0 degrees from 18:00 tomorrow evening.

RS - I wait for further North Essex local weather updates, but here in the frozen North the grass is frost free and looking healthy.

I would say the Ammies match will go ahead but we need the Colchester United of recent weeks to turn up not that apology for a team on Saturday.

MB must rethink his decision not to play two up front.

In any event I thought that Matt Jay was brought in to be the number 10.

We may even have secured the services of the Sligo Rovers striker Aidan Keena by then.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 14:35 - Jan 23 with 1024 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 11:15 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

RS - I wait for further North Essex local weather updates, but here in the frozen North the grass is frost free and looking healthy.

I would say the Ammies match will go ahead but we need the Colchester United of recent weeks to turn up not that apology for a team on Saturday.

MB must rethink his decision not to play two up front.

In any event I thought that Matt Jay was brought in to be the number 10.

We may even have secured the services of the Sligo Rovers striker Aidan Keena by then.

Up the U's

Covers are on. Surrounding grass is currently green not white but it is pretty firm. Paths near the ground are white and icy in places.

Login to get fewer ads

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 16:44 - Jan 23 with 998 viewsdurham_exile

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 14:35 - Jan 23 by RSCOSWORTH

Covers are on. Surrounding grass is currently green not white but it is pretty firm. Paths near the ground are white and icy in places.

U21s game against QPR B is off because the Florence Park pitch is frozen. Not exactly unexpected.

Notwithstanding that I expect the vital Ammies game will be on at JCS.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 17:46 - Jan 23 with 988 viewsthrillseeker

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 16:44 - Jan 23 by durham_exile

U21s game against QPR B is off because the Florence Park pitch is frozen. Not exactly unexpected.

Notwithstanding that I expect the vital Ammies game will be on at JCS.

Up the U's

DE - I'm not as confident as you with regard to game being on against Salford

Bitterly cold (for Essex) last night and same expected tonight

I expect shaded area of ground will not thaw irrespective whether covers are on
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 17:47]
Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 18:53 - Jan 23 with 959 viewsbwildered

Having been the original creator of the header for the Gillingham fixture, have now updated to Salford fixture, due to the latest correspondence.
Hope it has not lead to any confusion .

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 19:31 - Jan 23 with 917 viewsnoah4x4

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 18:53 - Jan 23 by bwildered

Having been the original creator of the header for the Gillingham fixture, have now updated to Salford fixture, due to the latest correspondence.
Hope it has not lead to any confusion .

I refer to the answer I gave earlier M’lud…..

I reckon the (Salford) game will be on. Yes, in my nearby uncovered garden this morning there were frozen conditions in deeply shaded areas, but elsewhere generally good to soft. At the stadium, the ground staff will have covered the entire pitch and the large ice breaking heat lamps will be used in front of the vulnerable South Stand goalmouth.

The temperature now (at 19:30) is 3C, hence not freezing. There is no frost on cars or upon black bin bags etc. It is horizon to horizon dense cloud. Met Office overnight forecast is 3C to 5C, and 5C by noon tomorrow, dropping to 3C by 20-00.
Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 08:26 - Jan 24 with 846 viewsthrillseeker

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 17:46 - Jan 23 by thrillseeker

DE - I'm not as confident as you with regard to game being on against Salford

Bitterly cold (for Essex) last night and same expected tonight

I expect shaded area of ground will not thaw irrespective whether covers are on
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 17:47]

DE - I have been out this morning and the change in the overnight forecasted temperature now makes me feel game will be on.

Early evening was cold but it got warmer and this morning there is no sign of frost and with a daytime temperature in excess of 4C all looks good

An added bonus is game is on ifollow as I cannot attend match due to work
Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 09:02 - Jan 24 with 840 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 19:31 - Jan 23 by noah4x4

I refer to the answer I gave earlier M’lud…..

I reckon the (Salford) game will be on. Yes, in my nearby uncovered garden this morning there were frozen conditions in deeply shaded areas, but elsewhere generally good to soft. At the stadium, the ground staff will have covered the entire pitch and the large ice breaking heat lamps will be used in front of the vulnerable South Stand goalmouth.

The temperature now (at 19:30) is 3C, hence not freezing. There is no frost on cars or upon black bin bags etc. It is horizon to horizon dense cloud. Met Office overnight forecast is 3C to 5C, and 5C by noon tomorrow, dropping to 3C by 20-00.

We really should have expected Noah to have his finger on the weather pulse as he's got it pretty much spot on. The overnight cloud cover has led to no frost on the cars and I'm more confident of the game going ahead now. Definitely seems milder than the last few days despite the lack of sunshine.

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 10:41 - Jan 24 with 810 viewsdurham_exile

Gills - Home - Doubtful ? on 08:26 - Jan 24 by thrillseeker

DE - I have been out this morning and the change in the overnight forecasted temperature now makes me feel game will be on.

Early evening was cold but it got warmer and this morning there is no sign of frost and with a daytime temperature in excess of 4C all looks good

An added bonus is game is on ifollow as I cannot attend match due to work

TS - this is good news.

I would rather play tonight to give the team the opportunity to right the wrongs from Saturday.

Weather definitely improving and as long as it stays dry should be a good night for football.

Bonus with iFollow for exiles as well

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 10:47 - Jan 24 with 808 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Three of this evening's six League Two fixtures have already been postponed due to a frozen pitch. Any points tonight will take us above Newport and create more distance between us and the teams below us. I know they'll all have games in hand but at this stage of the season I always think points on the board are better to have. The games will come thick and fast for Harrogate, Crawley and Gillingham. Just need to work out how many layers I can get under my Col U shirt for tonight.

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 11:23 - Jan 24 with 803 viewsnoah4x4

I can see the ground from my house and one of my hobbies is amateur astronomy. Cloud and temperature are critical to seeing conditions, so I closely monitor local weather. It was bitterly cold on Saturday night (so decent clear skies), but surprisingly mild since then. Another indication yesterday was I had two windows replaced and the super guys from Platinum Glazing (Braintree) wore shorts. They must have antifreeze in their blood!

Sadly, I’ve been hit by a chest infection and laryngitis, and have completely lost my voice, so am on antibiotics and absent tonight. So also grateful to I-Follow.
Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 11:29 - Jan 24 with 796 viewsLeadbelly

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 11:23 - Jan 24 by noah4x4

I can see the ground from my house and one of my hobbies is amateur astronomy. Cloud and temperature are critical to seeing conditions, so I closely monitor local weather. It was bitterly cold on Saturday night (so decent clear skies), but surprisingly mild since then. Another indication yesterday was I had two windows replaced and the super guys from Platinum Glazing (Braintree) wore shorts. They must have antifreeze in their blood!

Sadly, I’ve been hit by a chest infection and laryngitis, and have completely lost my voice, so am on antibiotics and absent tonight. So also grateful to I-Follow.

Get well soon Noah

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 13:21 - Jan 24 with 768 viewswessex_exile

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 11:29 - Jan 24 by Leadbelly

Get well soon Noah

Likewise - look after yourself Noah and get well soon chap.

Ironically, the original Saturday afternoon fixture was already available for streaming because of the World Cup, so I'm hoping my previous purchase is going to be eligible tonight - guess I'll know later whether or not?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 14:04 - Jan 24 with 760 viewsdurham_exile

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 13:21 - Jan 24 by wessex_exile

Likewise - look after yourself Noah and get well soon chap.

Ironically, the original Saturday afternoon fixture was already available for streaming because of the World Cup, so I'm hoping my previous purchase is going to be eligible tonight - guess I'll know later whether or not?

Wessex it should cover you for tonight's game.

Get well soon Noah.

Temperature is 8 degrees at home.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 16:02 - Jan 24 with 734 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Covers are off! No goals though so maybe we're going for the 0-0! Grass at the Sports Park was surprisingly soggy so the top couple of inches must've thawed at least.

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 16:27 - Jan 24 with 710 viewsdurham_exile

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 16:02 - Jan 24 by RSCOSWORTH

Covers are off! No goals though so maybe we're going for the 0-0! Grass at the Sports Park was surprisingly soggy so the top couple of inches must've thawed at least.

Let us hope for a decent turn out tonight.

On the subject of shorts.

Our postie wears shorts throughout the year but then he does support the Toon.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 18:12 - Jan 24 with 674 viewswessex_exile

Don't know what it's like in Essex, but it is literally bloody freezing over here in Wiltshire

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 18:25 - Jan 24 with 670 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 18:12 - Jan 24 by wessex_exile

Don't know what it's like in Essex, but it is literally bloody freezing over here in Wiltshire

It's not warm!

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 18:26 - Jan 24 with 668 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Salford Home - Doubtful ? on 11:23 - Jan 24 by noah4x4

Hope you feel better soon Noah. Your support will be missed tonight.

We're now favourites to win but this morning they were favourites! I'd actually take a point tonight.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024