Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS 21:56 - Jan 20 with 1278 viewsdurham_exile

Arguably the biggest game of the season tomorrow at the JCS.

Table:
Newport 26 26
COL U 26 26
Harrogate 25 24
Crawley 24 22
Rochdale 26 20
Hartlepool 25 19
Gillingham 24 17

Biggest crowd of the season to date and car park sold out. Augurs well for the coffers.
All the more reason to keep this excellent run going.

Now there has been talk this week of a top seven finish (no idea where that’s come from!) and of course we know that it’s all about securing safety first, but who is to say whether we can achieve 70 points (44 more from 20 games). We certainly have a chance.

MB has now engineered the team to run like a Rolls Royce and we know it’s all about consistency and garnering the points and they don’t come much more important that tomorrow. Yes I know that it is only three points but Gillingham under Neil Harris want to keep their mini run going and MB wants to see the U’s secure another three invaluable points.

Might we see 5,500 at the JCS with potentially 1400 from Kent. Now here’s the confidence kicking in. MB wants the run to be maintained, we want to add some goals to enhance our GD and why shouldn’t we crack in four goals against the Gills.

It’s going to be tough. George Lapslie might make his debut tomorrow and new signing Jayden Clarke may start. The Gills also have striker Tom Nichols and Dom Jefferies in their starting line-up.

Now let’s try and clear up the nonsense over Danny Johnson. A Mansfield player but he has been on loan at Walsall where he scored 15 goals in 30 games. Mansfield were reluctant to extend his loan period at the West Midlanders (promotion rivals allegedly). In the meantime we came in with a bid which Mansfield accepted, but the player didn’t want to come to the JCS. Big mistake!

Result, DJ is now fighting for a place with the Stags, in the knowledge that should he play tomorrow then under the three club rule he is limited to then either play for Mansfield or Walsall and no-one else. Nigel Clough is keeping his options open. In the meantime Hartlepool have also made a bid given that apparently he doesn’t want to go to some southern softies.

All this only strengthens my resolve to see Colchester achieve a top seven finish at Mansfield’s expense. And who do we play last day of the season at home. The Stags of course.

Anyway, enough of this. Let’s focus on who MB is going to ask to start against the Gills tomorrow at 3pm.

I would reckon we keep things very simple as follows 3,1,4,2:

O’Hara

Chambers Smith Dallison

Tchamadeu Skuse Ashley Kazeem

Chilvers

Akinde Tovide

Subs:
Hornby Read Wood Hannant Newby Kelleher Jay

Most improved player without doubt is Big John Akinde. Junior Tchamadeu is outstanding. Cole Skuse has never played better and Noah Chilvers is back (he’s one of our own). Ossama Ashley has got better and better and in Samson Tovide we have one of the best up and coming strikers in the league.

MB will integrate the new players into the team slowly but surely. Last week the following all received some game time; Connor Hall, Arthur Read, Fiacre Kelleher, Connor Wood and Matt Jay.

Gillingham are fighting for their lives and in truth so are we. There can be no room for consistency and we want to see some goals. That’s why I’m going for a Colchester victory by 4-1. What about a hattrick for Big John.

Forecast at the JCS tomorrow is 5 degrees Celsius, mostly sunny and importantly dry. A great day for football. Noah has called it with his wife’s allotment dry and frost free. RS has supported the top seven suggestion with statistical evidence.

A big crowd, a big performance and a big three points. After some historic away games and great performances time to translate this form to our next two home matches against the Gills and the Ammies.

My only regret is that I can’t be there tomorrow and no iFollow video unfortunately. Still, I shall look forward to the highlights and another three priceless points for the U’s.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 07:26 - Jan 21 with 1213 viewswessex_exile

Great stuff as usual Durham. I’m heading over this morning for a JobServe family reunion, so there’ll be no ramblings from me today. 4-1 and a big John hat-trick, I’ll take that!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 09:53 - Jan 21 with 1176 viewsdurham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 07:26 - Jan 21 by wessex_exile

Great stuff as usual Durham. I’m heading over this morning for a JobServe family reunion, so there’ll be no ramblings from me today. 4-1 and a big John hat-trick, I’ll take that!

Wessex safe journey - enjoy the game.
It's going to be a bit special.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 14:10 - Jan 21 with 1109 viewsmfb_cufc

U's side to face Gillingham: O'Hara, Hall, Chambers, Dallison, Ashley, Skuse, Tchamadeu, Wood, Chilvers, Jay, Akinde (two changes)

U's subs to face Gillingham: Smith, Kelleher, Read, Hannant, Sears, Tovide, Hornby

mfb

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 14:20 - Jan 21 with 1106 viewsdurham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 14:10 - Jan 21 by mfb_cufc

U's side to face Gillingham: O'Hara, Hall, Chambers, Dallison, Ashley, Skuse, Tchamadeu, Wood, Chilvers, Jay, Akinde (two changes)

U's subs to face Gillingham: Smith, Kelleher, Read, Hannant, Sears, Tovide, Hornby

I don't have a problem with the line up.

Jay to support Big John.

Samson Tovide impact player last thirty minutes.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 14:56 - Jan 21 with 1081 viewsnoah4x4

Five mins to go. Comfortably largest gate of season. A surprising number of old faces seem to have returned after long absence. A win will sustain this momentum.
MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 15:31 - Jan 21 with 1068 viewsdurham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 14:56 - Jan 21 by noah4x4

Five mins to go. Comfortably largest gate of season. A surprising number of old faces seem to have returned after long absence. A win will sustain this momentum.

Good to hear that Noah.

If we win they will come!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 15:32 - Jan 21 with 1066 viewsgerry_us

27 minutes gone.
Shots on or off target, 0 both teams
MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 15:40 - Jan 21 with 1062 viewsdurham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 15:32 - Jan 21 by gerry_us

27 minutes gone.
Shots on or off target, 0 both teams

Plenty of time left fortunately because we have conceded at home.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 15:50 - Jan 21 with 1050 viewsgerry_us

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 15:51 - Jan 21 with 1043 viewsdurham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 15:40 - Jan 21 by durham_exile

Plenty of time left fortunately because we have conceded at home.

Up the U's

Huge second half to come.

Must get back into this quickly.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 15:53 - Jan 21 with 1038 viewsburnsieespana

2 down so end of our dreams and back in the lack unless MB can get something in the s cond half.
We always seem to disappoint when we have a big crowd
MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 15:54 - Jan 21 with 1035 viewsdurham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 15:53 - Jan 21 by burnsieespana

2 down so end of our dreams and back in the lack unless MB can get something in the s cond half.
We always seem to disappoint when we have a big crowd

Samson Tovide must come on now.

Huge 45 to come and it's up to the U's how badly do they want this.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 16:24 - Jan 21 with 999 viewsdurham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 15:54 - Jan 21 by durham_exile

Samson Tovide must come on now.

Huge 45 to come and it's up to the U's how badly do they want this.

Up the U's

Ashley off Read on

Samson Tovide must be brought on and soon

Durham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 16:32 - Jan 21 with 990 viewsdurham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 16:24 - Jan 21 by durham_exile

Ashley off Read on

Samson Tovide must be brought on and soon

Dallison off Tovide on

20 minutes to play

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 16:36 - Jan 21 with 984 viewsdurham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 16:32 - Jan 21 by durham_exile

Dallison off Tovide on

20 minutes to play

Come on the U's

Running out of time.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 16:44 - Jan 21 with 973 viewsdurham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 16:36 - Jan 21 by durham_exile

Running out of time.

Come on the U's

Come on give the faithful something to cheer about

Up the U's

Durham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 16:51 - Jan 21 with 964 viewsdurham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 16:44 - Jan 21 by durham_exile

Come on give the faithful something to cheer about

Up the U's

Very disappointing scoreline.

After all the anticipation and hope a poor outcome today.

Must get back on the right track Tuesday night.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 16:53 - Jan 21 with 959 viewsburnsieespana

Side should not have been changed
MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 17:09 - Jan 21 with 934 viewsdurham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 16:53 - Jan 21 by burnsieespana

Side should not have been changed

Just as long as the lessons are learned ahead of Tuesday.

We simply must get back to winning ways.

MB must also learn from this.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 17:15 - Jan 21 with 925 viewsdurham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 17:09 - Jan 21 by durham_exile

Just as long as the lessons are learned ahead of Tuesday.

We simply must get back to winning ways.

MB must also learn from this.

Up the U's

Attendance 5435

Durham_exile

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 17:38 - Jan 21 with 901 viewsnoah4x4

Just got home. You can probably feel my exasperation!

We play two up front away from home and sparkle. Today, we drop Samson Tovide, revert to one up front, and frankly we are awful. After conceding two soft goals, far too late we switch to two up front and Tovide and Akinde now have opportunities to change the game, but Gills were solid on defence. Bloomfield was tactically out-thought, or maybe he is back under Hume’s sad influence. Just glad I haven’t travelled 300+ miles to watch this crock of poo…..
MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 08:42 - Jan 22 with 654 viewsbwildered

Reverted back to type. Two sloppy goals conceded, and substitutions making no difference thereafter. Just found that the U’s played too narrow in the later stages did not help with the visitors defence in dominating form .
Is the good form over, was it just a mini run most clubs seem to have somewhere in the season ?
One thing we do know, getting back to winning ways is so important which boasts confidence throughout .
Let’s hope a quick home fixture against Salford next Tuesday will see a improvement in many ways.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

MB to oversee a 4th consecutive victory, this time against the Gills at the JCS on 09:36 - Jan 22 with 633 viewswessex_exile

Agree with what’s already been said. A below par performance that didn’t have enough guile to unlock a resolute Gillingham defence, two soft goals conceded, and yet again one atrocious set of officials. I’d agree with Chilvers’ MoM award, he ran his socks off all game, and I wasn’t surprised to see him cramping up second half. Still, a good day nonetheless meeting up with family, and good to meet you and Fruitbat, Bwildered, and to share a wave Noah!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024