Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS 18:00 - Feb 3 with 1078 viewsdurham_exile

MB’s super U’s entertain Barrow on Saturday at the JCS.

First a quick look at the table as it currently affects the U’s:

Walsall 25 37
Doncaster 26 37
Crewe 25 31
Grimsby 24 30
COL U 29 30
Newport 26 26
Crawley 25 25
Harrogate 26 24
Hartlepool 28 22
Gillingham 26 21
Rochdale 28 20

Next let’s get the elephant in the room out of the way. Realistically we now need 18 more points to secure our place in League Two next season. But another 40 points will give us the magic 70 which in a season of evenly matched teams may well be enough to sneak into 7th place which is all we are after. That is currently a 12-point gap to seventh place and of course we have played more games than our opponents, but results are stranger than fiction at present for many of the teams.
More importantly we have momentum at present.

Now I am sure that MB and the players are not openly talking about it but there is a real belief amongst the team that was missing before Christmas. I have seen it recently in those vital away games. Last weekend saw that resilience shine through after conceding a late equaliser, the team had the ability to step things up a gear and this they did. It is that confidence and ability that is coursing through the team at present.

I say let’s see where those 17 results take us and worry about it all later. I honestly believe that the final game at home to Mansfield Town is going to be the biggest game that we have played for many years. And wouldn’t it be great to see Mansfield miss out on the play offs and more so to watch Danny Johnson who turned down the chance to become a Colchester player also miss out on the opportunity to go to Wembley. I love it when my prejudices are reinforced!

Interestingly only Carlisle have a better record over the past 6 games in league two than the U’s. Anyway enough speculation, suffice to say let the team continue to do what they are doing and see what happens. We are all right behind you MB.

Now Barrow pose an interesting threat tomorrow. They are sitting in ninth place on 40 points but received a mauling at Brunton park on Tuesday night. They have signed record signing Ged Garner from Fleetwood and he will undoubtedly play (on debut) tomorrow. Forget all the speculation about top scorer Josh Gordon having scans, he will play too.

Perhaps the most curious fact is that Barrow have just signed Elliot Newby and the two 27-year-old twin brothers could meet up on the pitch at the JCS on Saturday. Alex for the U’s having come on as a late sub and scored the winner against the Monkey Hangers last weekend.

Pete really would have been “Wild” after the game on Tuesday but forget all about that it will only spur the Bluebirds on. However, it does shift the majority of the pressure onto their shoulders somewhat.

Our transfer window has been nothing short of exceptional with 8 signings and the ability to retain our star assets in Chilvers, Tovide and Tchamadeu. This is the advantage of a clear transfer policy and ensuring that it is brilliantly implemented by the club.

Now MB has a problem with his new squad one of team selection (but a nice problem).

Certain players can be noted on the team sheet now:
O’Hara, Chambers, Kelleher, Hall, Tchamadeu, Skuse, Read, Chilvers, Hopper and Tovide.

That just leaves one space to be filled.

That must be between Wood, Kazeem, Ashley or Newby.

The subs bench is also a problem, with so much talent to call upon. There is now so much strength and flexibility available to MB.

Tom Smith reserve keeper (after the double blow to Hornby and Collins both requiring surgery).
Ashley, Newby, Jay, Akinde and the good news that Kwesi Appiah might be involved at some stage.

The squad looks good on paper and even better on the pitch. Fair play to RC who has stumped up the cash to bring some real talent to the club.

So, I would go for the following tomorrow in the now familiar 3,4,1,2 formation:

O’Hara

Chambers Hall Kelleher

Tchamadeu Skuse Read Newby

Chilvers

Hopper Tovide

Subs
Smith, Ashley Jay Akinde Wood Greenidge Appiah

Scoreline 4-0 to the Super U’s.

I thought that Tom Hopper had a great debut last weekend and I expect him to open his account tomorrow. Junior is due a goal and what price another from Kelleher with the tireless Tovide scoring a fourth.

Weather at the JCS will be cloudy, 10 degrees Celsius, 12% chance of precipitation.
Let us hope that a slightly larger crowd will be entertained by the U’s and that we can secure another three points to close the gap on the top seven.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 18:32 - Feb 3 with 1058 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I'd be very surprised if Wood doesn't start tomorrow. Injuries aside I think the only decision to make will be who the front two are.

Our performance at Barrow, where we appeared to concede the same goal three times, is probably our worst one of the season so we owe them a bit of thumping tomorrow. After Tuesday night I feel they'll probably be playing for the 0-0 from the off with the hope they can get a goal from a set piece.

Recently noticed that Chambers has started every league game this season and the majority of the cup games. Bloomfield does seem to favour him somewhat and maybe he's one of the few out of contract in the summer that will be offered a new deal.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 20:11 - Feb 3 with 1033 viewsnoah4x4

Eagerly looking forward to tomorrow after missing last weeks trip. I am encouraged that MB threw Akinde on last week when he realised that sitting back and defending isn’t our best hand. I don’t see a 4-0, but fancy a U’s win.
Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 14:13 - Feb 4 with 947 viewsdurham_exile

Team unchanged from last Saturday.

So the twins don't start on opposing sides.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 14:58 - Feb 4 with 930 viewsmfb_cufc

U's stat: Colchester's starting line-up today features only two players who started the game at Barrow on November 1 - Junior Tchamadeu and Luke Chambers

mfb

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 16:33 - Feb 4 with 888 viewsdurham_exile

We really don't help ourselves.

Lamentable form with penalties.

Come on

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 16:43 - Feb 4 with 881 viewsdurham_exile

Well I simply can't fathom our home performances.

We never seem to learn after the Gillingham debacle we waste a golden chance to equalise and look like losing yet another game that we should get something from.

Come on

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 16:48 - Feb 4 with 875 viewsgerry_us

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 16:33 - Feb 4 by durham_exile

We really don't help ourselves.

Lamentable form with penalties.

Come on

Up the U's

Akinde and penalty kick certainly don't go together,and especially when he only been on the pit h for a couple of minutes. Someone needed to step up.
Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 17:03 - Feb 4 with 862 viewsburnsieespana

An important point given how several other strugglers have picked up good results.
Login to get fewer ads

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 17:05 - Feb 4 with 859 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 17:03 - Feb 4 by burnsieespana

An important point given how several other strugglers have picked up good results.

Disappointed with a point but MB has instilled the resilience that I spoke about and another late goal to equalise.

The play off dream is still alive just!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 17:07 - Feb 4 with 855 viewsburnsieespana

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 17:05 - Feb 4 by durham_exile

Disappointed with a point but MB has instilled the resilience that I spoke about and another late goal to equalise.

The play off dream is still alive just!

Up the U's

More importantly we have kept ourselves ahead of fellow strugglers all of whom have games in hand!
Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 17:35 - Feb 4 with 834 viewswessex_exile

Not particularly attractive on the eye for the most part, but a point was nothing less than we deserved, though I confess I'd almost given up hope we'd get it on 90 minutes. A weak penalty from Alkinde, didn't look confident even before he'd hit it - I think I would have preferred Chilvers take the spot-kick, but I'm not going to fault Akinde's effort after he came on. He's never going to be a prolific goal scorer, that's not his thing, but he is a big bloody nuisance for defenders. We're still in survival mode, so you have to accept a point against play-off contenders is a positive. Next weeks trip to Grimsby I think will finally determine whether we're still in a relegation battle or not. A point would be good, all three and we're within arms reach of catching the mid-table obscurity group. A defeat, and with games in hand for others below us, we might be right back in the mire.

Five away wins on the bounce anyone?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 17:52 - Feb 4 with 820 viewsbwildered

Two decent chances in the first half could have put this game to bed. Unable to step up the game come the second half, put us chasing the game , shocking penalty miss was justification of the referee decision. Visitors played to there strength in playing manhandling football, which we struggled with at times .
However, the positives were the subs looked hungry in rectifying the situation, which in the end happened with a well taken equaliser knocked inside the post, a touch of luck with the ball falling for us.
Draw a fair result, due to our failure on and off field step up second half.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 17:54 - Feb 4 with 819 viewsnoah4x4

Why does a hard fought point snatched at the death feel like two points dropped?

Chilvers squandered an easy chance in the first half. Akinde’s penalty kick was simply awful. Hopper unlucky to hit post, then later failed to hit the target when 1:1 with the keeper. I suppose we can’t complain. At least we are now having shots, and some on target!
Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 17:57 - Feb 4 with 817 viewsdurham_exile

Bluebirds to be subjected to wing clipping by MB's Super U's at JCS on 17:35 - Feb 4 by wessex_exile

Not particularly attractive on the eye for the most part, but a point was nothing less than we deserved, though I confess I'd almost given up hope we'd get it on 90 minutes. A weak penalty from Alkinde, didn't look confident even before he'd hit it - I think I would have preferred Chilvers take the spot-kick, but I'm not going to fault Akinde's effort after he came on. He's never going to be a prolific goal scorer, that's not his thing, but he is a big bloody nuisance for defenders. We're still in survival mode, so you have to accept a point against play-off contenders is a positive. Next weeks trip to Grimsby I think will finally determine whether we're still in a relegation battle or not. A point would be good, all three and we're within arms reach of catching the mid-table obscurity group. A defeat, and with games in hand for others below us, we might be right back in the mire.

Five away wins on the bounce anyone?

At present our Away form is superb and I see no reason why we can't win against the Mariners.

Something off about the home performances at present.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024