Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Resign 19:23 - Feb 4 with 2887 viewsCimlaHillJack

18 months of consistently repeating the same errors.
RM - you really are a new age charlatan with no respect for the players you mis - manage or the supports of this great club.

Please resign and take your ‘process’ with you.

You are not a professional football manager.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 19:25]
Just Resign on 20:21 - Feb 4 with 2788 viewsBadlands

Yep.
But, bigger payoff if you are sacked.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 20:22]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Just Resign on 20:44 - Feb 4 with 2751 viewsjojaca

He will be top coach, the foundations are there, but not the execution at the moment. I just think the timing is off with us, we will have had Russell's learning years and the next club he coaches will reap the rewards.

Even when you know, you never know?

Just Resign on 20:59 - Feb 4 with 2706 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Just Resign on 20:44 - Feb 4 by jojaca

He will be top coach, the foundations are there, but not the execution at the moment. I just think the timing is off with us, we will have had Russell's learning years and the next club he coaches will reap the rewards.

For that to happen he would need a complete change of his mindset and I can't see it happening.
Just Resign on 20:27 - Feb 5 with 2516 viewsSmallmawl

Change his mindset RM, will only do so when it's forced on him. RM has difficulty changing his socks.

My problem with him is that he can't embrace any changes outside his mindset. And it's this that is coming back to bite him and us in the arse. I feel that many players will not join the club because of him.

And as for out head of recruitment.. Well a chocolate teapot comes to mind. That's a job for old rope if ever I saw one.
Just Resign on 21:22 - Feb 5 with 2445 viewsReslovenSwan1

Just Resign on 20:27 - Feb 5 by Smallmawl

Change his mindset RM, will only do so when it's forced on him. RM has difficulty changing his socks.

My problem with him is that he can't embrace any changes outside his mindset. And it's this that is coming back to bite him and us in the arse. I feel that many players will not join the club because of him.

And as for out head of recruitment.. Well a chocolate teapot comes to mind. That's a job for old rope if ever I saw one.

The owners cannot tell Martin who to pick. The bought for him Fisher Darling Sorinla Patterson and he does not play them. The owners wanted Whitaker to play and brought him back.

In effect the owners a have removed all the other unused players and told him this is all you have. There is no room for being picky or ego clashes with certain players. They have to play.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Just Resign on 21:49 - Feb 5 with 2368 viewsDr_Parnassus

I think it dawned on him in the last after match presser that he is saying the same things over and over again. 4 years on repeat.

“We dominated”, “we should be x-y-x nil up”, “mistakes”….

It’s not down to luck that this continues to be a theme for him. His system is flawed and I’m positive he realised it for the first time. There was no hiding place and it showed on his face and in his demeanour.

I think a part of him wanted to vilify the owners ahead of a very favourable month fixture wise, and then do the whole, look at me winning when I have so little schtick. But he couldn’t hide behind January after that, it was down to him.

The same patterns happening in this game that has always happened under him. I don’t know how many times we have conceded after the 89th minute this season, feels like about 9 or 10 and we aren’t even 30 games in.

Some games, multiple goals after 90 mins. That’s game management and something he hasn’t addressed once, because in his eyes he’s always “unlucky” as we “dominated”… hence why he still makes a sub on a defensive corner, something he should never do and something he’s been burned by multiple times before.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Just Resign on 22:16 - Feb 5 with 2352 viewsvetchonian

Just Resign on 21:49 - Feb 5 by Dr_Parnassus

I think it dawned on him in the last after match presser that he is saying the same things over and over again. 4 years on repeat.

“We dominated”, “we should be x-y-x nil up”, “mistakes”….

It’s not down to luck that this continues to be a theme for him. His system is flawed and I’m positive he realised it for the first time. There was no hiding place and it showed on his face and in his demeanour.

I think a part of him wanted to vilify the owners ahead of a very favourable month fixture wise, and then do the whole, look at me winning when I have so little schtick. But he couldn’t hide behind January after that, it was down to him.

The same patterns happening in this game that has always happened under him. I don’t know how many times we have conceded after the 89th minute this season, feels like about 9 or 10 and we aren’t even 30 games in.

Some games, multiple goals after 90 mins. That’s game management and something he hasn’t addressed once, because in his eyes he’s always “unlucky” as we “dominated”… hence why he still makes a sub on a defensive corner, something he should never do and something he’s been burned by multiple times before.

but he 'd get away with it it wasn't for those pesky owners....its all their fault

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Just Resign on 06:19 - Feb 6 with 2193 viewsWhiterockin

Just Resign on 21:22 - Feb 5 by ReslovenSwan1

The owners cannot tell Martin who to pick. The bought for him Fisher Darling Sorinla Patterson and he does not play them. The owners wanted Whitaker to play and brought him back.

In effect the owners a have removed all the other unused players and told him this is all you have. There is no room for being picky or ego clashes with certain players. They have to play.

They have not bought Sorinola for him, he is on loan and for the sake of balance add in Downes who we made a massive profit and help keep the club afloat.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Resign on 08:50 - Feb 6 with 2100 viewsonehunglow

Just Resign on 06:19 - Feb 6 by Whiterockin

They have not bought Sorinola for him, he is on loan and for the sake of balance add in Downes who we made a massive profit and help keep the club afloat.

Why did Sorinola come and who brought him?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Just Resign on 09:05 - Feb 6 with 2092 viewsjojaca

Just Resign on 08:50 - Feb 6 by onehunglow

Why did Sorinola come and who brought him?

Whoever brought him needs to be sacked. I couldn't believe how petit he was, then I thought he must have blistering pace, nope!.

Even when you know, you never know?

Just Resign on 09:58 - Feb 6 with 2026 viewsonehunglow

Just Resign on 09:05 - Feb 6 by jojaca

Whoever brought him needs to be sacked. I couldn't believe how petit he was, then I thought he must have blistering pace, nope!.

Was it the chap who also brought in fishy and the loan lads that warmed our bench

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Just Resign on 10:32 - Feb 6 with 2000 viewscadleigh

Among the many concerns I had about 'Russ' from an early stage were:
- his use of the media to shame players is poor management practice. I give you Obafemi as evidence of how that has worked out. In response, I was told to look at Paterson as proof that it DOES work. Ahem...
- his treatment of loan players would turn us from a first-choice destination for promising EPL youngesters to an avoid-at-all-costs club. Again, ahem...
- he would paint us into a corner with an unbalanced squad, making it harder for the next manager to rebuild. Out of Saturday's starting XI, only three players recruited under Martin's management were deemed good enough to make the cut, and one of those was Andy Fisher. (The others were Olivier Ntcham, who I presume was scouted by Cooper and Allen, and Harry Darling, who generally is a pretty decent player to be fair).

I am actually starting to feel a bit sorry for the guy, but yes, I feel it's time he went.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Just Resign on 11:38 - Feb 6 with 1946 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The point is he doesn't need to go, he just needs to change and improve his game management.
But I don't think he is capable of doing so and is probably too proud to ask for help.
It also may be to late for him to undo what he has done.
Just Resign on 13:09 - Feb 6 with 1870 viewsKeithHaynes

Just Resign on 10:32 - Feb 6 by cadleigh

Among the many concerns I had about 'Russ' from an early stage were:
- his use of the media to shame players is poor management practice. I give you Obafemi as evidence of how that has worked out. In response, I was told to look at Paterson as proof that it DOES work. Ahem...
- his treatment of loan players would turn us from a first-choice destination for promising EPL youngesters to an avoid-at-all-costs club. Again, ahem...
- he would paint us into a corner with an unbalanced squad, making it harder for the next manager to rebuild. Out of Saturday's starting XI, only three players recruited under Martin's management were deemed good enough to make the cut, and one of those was Andy Fisher. (The others were Olivier Ntcham, who I presume was scouted by Cooper and Allen, and Harry Darling, who generally is a pretty decent player to be fair).

I am actually starting to feel a bit sorry for the guy, but yes, I feel it's time he went.

Maybe he will take some hindsight with him ?

Ntcham came in as a result of Mark Allen, nobody else.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Just Resign on 13:23 - Feb 6 with 1842 viewsQJumpingJack

Just Resign on 13:09 - Feb 6 by KeithHaynes

Maybe he will take some hindsight with him ?

Ntcham came in as a result of Mark Allen, nobody else.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Why did Mark Allen leave - is he now at another club?
Just Resign on 13:43 - Feb 6 with 1829 viewsKeithHaynes

Just Resign on 13:23 - Feb 6 by QJumpingJack

Why did Mark Allen leave - is he now at another club?

Nathanael Ogbeta amongst other things.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Just Resign on 11:33 - Feb 7 with 1653 viewsBadlands

Just Resign on 11:38 - Feb 6 by A_Fans_Dad

The point is he doesn't need to go, he just needs to change and improve his game management.
But I don't think he is capable of doing so and is probably too proud to ask for help.
It also may be to late for him to undo what he has done.

I get the feeling that he is in a similar position to Kenny Jackett (without the previous success) in as much as he has reached his ceiling and can’t progress. Either he is helped and accepts that help or someone else has to take over.
The third option is that we keep him and accept we are in a good place relative to our history.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Just Resign on 11:48 - Feb 7 with 1640 viewsSTID2017

Just Resign on 11:33 - Feb 7 by Badlands

I get the feeling that he is in a similar position to Kenny Jackett (without the previous success) in as much as he has reached his ceiling and can’t progress. Either he is helped and accepts that help or someone else has to take over.
The third option is that we keep him and accept we are in a good place relative to our history.

If he doesn't go then major surgery is needed at coaching level.
This would need to be in the form of an experienced assistant.
I think it the best compromise

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Just Resign on 13:58 - Feb 7 with 1572 viewsWhiterockin

Just Resign on 11:48 - Feb 7 by STID2017

Talking of coaching, exactly what is the set play coach doing. We are still conceding and not scoring from set plays, so why is he here?
Just Resign on 14:59 - Feb 7 with 1537 viewsDr_Winston

Perhaps the set piece coach is having the same amount of success trying to make sense of Martin's coaching methods as some of the players did/do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Just Resign on 15:12 - Feb 7 with 1518 viewsvetchonian

Just Resign on 11:48 - Feb 7 by STID2017

I am not sure Russ would compromise

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Just Resign on 15:53 - Feb 7 with 1470 viewsReslovenSwan1

Just Resign on 15:12 - Feb 7 by vetchonian

I am not sure Russ would compromise

The owners have in effect told him to release 6 players and not brought anyone in. This is team selection by US people acting remotely. It is a bit like that guy from IT department who takes over your laptop.

Martin now has no room to move . The players he has is the players he plays. There is no one else.apart form academy players.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Just Resign on 16:22 - Feb 7 with 1445 viewsWhiterockin

Just Resign on 15:53 - Feb 7 by ReslovenSwan1

The owners have in effect told him to release 6 players and not brought anyone in. This is team selection by US people acting remotely. It is a bit like that guy from IT department who takes over your laptop.

Martin now has no room to move . The players he has is the players he plays. There is no one else.apart form academy players.

The guy from IT who takes over your laptop knows what he's doing. The owners don't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024