Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions for the fans forum 10:35 - Feb 6 with 11640 viewsTomRAFC

I fear there is a risk that the fans forum could become quite toxic, with the mic being passed from person to person wanting to have a good old rant. Cathartic as that might be, there's enough crucial questions to be asked to take up the entire evening. I'd hate for us to come out the other side of this opportunity non the wiser on some crucial topics due to an excessive amount of time spent bickering.

What are the questions people are most keen to hear asked and answered.

On the playing side:
Why was Brierley allowed to go on trial when we needed him in the squad?

Why has Eastwood continued to be selected/seen as an upgrade on O'Donnell?

On the club side:
After the specific statement in the Chairman's letter at the EGM that the share release was not designed to enable a takeover, when was his mind changed and does he see how this differs from the information people based their votes on at the EGM?

What is the role of George Delves, and is there a reason he does not sit on the panel at Forums?

Has the club tried to access outside support from someone with experience of running a football club?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 10:41]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Questions for the fans forum on 17:56 - Feb 6 with 3151 viewsJames1980

Questions for the fans forum on 17:37 - Feb 6 by judd

There's constructive criticism, there's I told you so and there's animosity.

Animosity borne out of what?

Hindsight and believing unproven rumours that suits a particular agenda?

Do you think the board are thinking fook em we make the decisions? I'll bet they hurt just as much as any supporter at the position we find ourselves, with a half dozen new signings and 17 games to go.

What is the agenda? Not asking you that Judd btw

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Questions for the fans forum on 17:57 - Feb 6 with 3150 viewsjudd

Questions for the fans forum on 17:49 - Feb 6 by nordenblue

I'd guess they're hurting even more being tens of thousands deep too for the privilege...... they've made some poor footballing decisions absolutely, not really surprising being new to the whole scenario, but not sure where all the anger towards them comes from.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 19:00]

I think I know.

As kel posted elsewhere, let's see those so critical if the board front up at the forum with their vitriol and gossip-fuelled ire.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Questions for the fans forum on 18:03 - Feb 6 with 3109 viewsturnthescrew

It's probably no longer classified as a 'public house'
Questions for the fans forum on 18:17 - Feb 6 with 3063 viewsAtThePeake

Questions for the fans forum on 17:37 - Feb 6 by judd

There's constructive criticism, there's I told you so and there's animosity.

Animosity borne out of what?

Hindsight and believing unproven rumours that suits a particular agenda?

Do you think the board are thinking fook em we make the decisions? I'll bet they hurt just as much as any supporter at the position we find ourselves, with a half dozen new signings and 17 games to go.

It's animosity borne out of frustration at the position we find ourselves in in the league.

It goes too far at times, but rightly or wrongly you do expect to see it when you're bottom of the league.

Tangled up in blue.

Questions for the fans forum on 18:20 - Feb 6 with 3037 views442Dale

Questions for the fans forum on 17:57 - Feb 6 by judd

I think I know.

As kel posted elsewhere, let's see those so critical if the board front up at the forum with their vitriol and gossip-fuelled ire.

One thing that has never been fathomable is why people don’t use the links fans have with the club if they have concerns. The Trust can facilitate this via forums, their own rep on the club board and pursuing issues for supporters. All it takes is getting involved with some/any/all of the above.

For example, questions were raised at the club AGM about kits/merchandise, this was taken on board and both the club and the Trust promoted a survey and a subsequent meeting. That’s progression and is to be commended - because supporters raised concerns constructively. Similarly the Trust’s meetings with the club which are minuted with action points. It allows fans to feel they can see what’s happening.

The club and the Trust won’t always get things right, that too can be challenged without ranting into thin air. The same will apply at the forum, make your points by all means, but do it in a way that ensures we find out more about a situation and try and help to improve our football club. It’s then on the board to acknowledge and listen to fans’s views and feelings, explain in their responses and make changes where possible.

That aside, I do believe this messageboard has a part to play and is a vital resource when used properly. First by those of us who post and then by the Trust and the club as well. Plenty can be addressed by analysing reasoned opinion and discussion. Thats why it’s best to keep it that way.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Questions for the fans forum on 18:20 - Feb 6 with 3037 viewsjudd

Questions for the fans forum on 18:17 - Feb 6 by AtThePeake

It's animosity borne out of frustration at the position we find ourselves in in the league.

It goes too far at times, but rightly or wrongly you do expect to see it when you're bottom of the league.

We're all wired differently.

All this board has done is give, not take.

That's why I think animosity toward the board is wrong.

Questions for the fans forum on 18:36 - Feb 6 with 2957 viewsblackdogblue

Questions for the fans forum on 18:03 - Feb 6 by turnthescrew

It's probably no longer classified as a 'public house'

Maybe but why ruin the heretige?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Questions for the fans forum on 18:37 - Feb 6 with 2951 viewsAtThePeake

Questions for the fans forum on 18:20 - Feb 6 by judd

Fair enough. I think the majority of the criticism towards them has been constructive and with the best interests of the club at heart. And I also think a fair amount of it is deserved given the product we're seeing on the pitch at the moment and our current league position.

I think a hell of a lot more of the negative things being said against the board fall into that category than straight up animosity, but you'll always get the odd few who go stronger in that negativity and criticism than many and as I said, it is to be expected when you're bottom of the league.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Questions for the fans forum on 18:41 - Feb 6 with 2932 viewsjudd

Questions for the fans forum on 18:37 - Feb 6 by AtThePeake

Fair enough. I think the majority of the criticism towards them has been constructive and with the best interests of the club at heart. And I also think a fair amount of it is deserved given the product we're seeing on the pitch at the moment and our current league position.

I think a hell of a lot more of the negative things being said against the board fall into that category than straight up animosity, but you'll always get the odd few who go stronger in that negativity and criticism than many and as I said, it is to be expected when you're bottom of the league.

I'm referring to James's original question of why there is so much animosity being shown towards the board.

That hindsight and unfounded gossip justifies that completely baffles me.

Football at Dale has been utterly shit for years. The only way is (pukes) up.

Questions for the fans forum on 18:56 - Feb 6 with 2901 viewsAtThePeake

Questions for the fans forum on 18:41 - Feb 6 by judd

I'm referring to James's original question of why there is so much animosity being shown towards the board.

In which case I think animosity is probably an unfair word, cause I don't believe there's much genuine animosity.

Agree with the frustration at how quickly some of the gossip is swallowed up though. The fact people were so ready to believe that £80k figure regarding the Brierley deal is just madness to me when we've seen Nixon get so much wrong before. It made me genuinely angry on Friday that he'd put it out there, knowing the board would get dog's abuse from some quarters for what I'm pretty certain is just a made-up figure by a shocking excuse for a journalist.

Tangled up in blue.

Questions for the fans forum on 19:01 - Feb 6 with 2873 viewsJames1980

Questions for the fans forum on 18:41 - Feb 6 by judd

Hi Judd, it seems to me the footballing decisions are being used as an excuse rather than a reason for bad mouthing the board. But their dissatisfaction seems to stem from more than contracts for seemingly inadequate players. Like I said say what your issue is

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Questions for the fans forum on 20:15 - Feb 6 with 2725 viewsjudd

Questions for the fans forum on 19:01 - Feb 6 by James1980

Hi Judd, it seems to me the footballing decisions are being used as an excuse rather than a reason for bad mouthing the board. But their dissatisfaction seems to stem from more than contracts for seemingly inadequate players. Like I said say what your issue is

I don't have an issue with the board. It's a hell of a role to fulfill.

I have an issue with Bottomleys acolytes, whether fans, employees/ ex employees or suppliers of goods/services who are stoking the flames of discontent in the hope of disrupting an extremely difficult task.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 20:41]

Questions for the fans forum on 20:24 - Feb 6 with 2690 viewsSuddenLad

Questions for the fans forum on 20:15 - Feb 6 by judd

I don't have an issue with the board. It's a hell of a role to fulfill.

I have an issue with Bottomleys acolytes, whether fans, employees/ ex employees or suppliers of goods/services who are stoking the flames of discontent in the hope of disrupting an extremely difficult task.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 20:41]

They need naming and shaming because they will bring nothing but grief and disharmony. They aren't supporters of this club.

Those who stood up to be counted and put themselves and their personal funds forward in the midst of the crisis deserve nothing but praise.

I don't get why anyone should be making waves. What are they trying to achieve?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Questions for the fans forum on 20:44 - Feb 6 with 2630 viewsjudd

Questions for the fans forum on 20:24 - Feb 6 by SuddenLad

They need naming and shaming because they will bring nothing but grief and disharmony. They aren't supporters of this club.

Those who stood up to be counted and put themselves and their personal funds forward in the midst of the crisis deserve nothing but praise.

I don't get why anyone should be making waves. What are they trying to achieve?

Don't worry Sudden_Lad. Its attritional and time consuming but guess what?

We've been there before.

Questions for the fans forum on 21:54 - Feb 6 with 2474 viewsTalkingSutty

Questions for the fans forum on 20:44 - Feb 6 by judd

Don't worry Sudden_Lad. Its attritional and time consuming but guess what?

We've been there before.

If memory serves me right Stockdales appointment at the time was seen as decent. His signings, the likes of EEL, John etc all received praise from the majority of fans. Those in the boardroom will be no more clued up than the average Dale fan when it comes to which player to sign and will rely on the manager when it comes to that. If they have been naive it might have been with the length of contracts some players have been afforded but being new to the job they can also be excused on that point. Those giving them dogs abuse refuse to see the full picture, our Chairman and Directors saved the club at great personal expense, they also suffered a lot of stress and strain in the process of fighting off MH. They have done a fantastic job in protecting the club

I can't attend on the night but my question at the fans forum would be directed at the board members and I would ask for clarification regarding their search for a investor/ investors and how they would see that affecting their own roles going forward. Are they looking for investors to work alongside them or would they be willing to step aside completely if a suitable alternative presented itself? I think it's important to know the mindset of Simon and the Directors going forward.

I would also ask why shareholders/ the Trust/ Trust members weren't consulted when the decision was made to go public on the change of direction from a fan owned club ( a lot of people bought shares on that understanding just days before the announcement) to one that is now up for sale to the right person/ people. That was a massive U-turn and could change the whole structure of the club again.

I think all of that could have been communicated better to the shareholders at the time, the AGM was a ideal platform to do it as has been mentioned previously.
Questions for the fans forum on 22:03 - Feb 6 with 2446 viewsShun

Questions for the fans forum on 18:20 - Feb 6 by judd

I’m with you both (judd and ATP). The majority of criticism directed at the board has been productive and fair (things such as the lack of communication, for example). A minority of it has just been bizarre though, and well uncalled for. Personal insults on Twitter where individual board members are tagged in, for instance, must have them wondering why they gave up so much time and money to rescue the club. I saw one post calling them all snakes a few days ago, no idea why!

Picking up on ATP’s point, I’m not sure if it’s been raised yet but I would like a question on Thursday about the rumoured Brierley fee. I don’t expect specifics, but I want them to tell us implicitly that they wouldn’t try and sell our brightest prospect (and best player) for such a paltry fee.
Questions for the fans forum on 23:02 - Feb 6 with 2352 viewsA_Newby

I am hoping that the board will read the questions being asked on this forum and other social media and prepare answers and a presentation for the start of the forum replying to as many of them as possible before questions are called from the floor.

I could ask many questions about what has happened in the past to bring us to our current situation at RAFC both under the current and previous regimes (I am sure these will be asked by others) but I am trying to look forward.

My questions concern planning for if we do get relegated.

Since 1992 (start of the premier league) only 4 teams relegated from league 2 to the national league have managed to “bounce back” with promotion in the first season in the national league.

Our funding from the premier league / FA is:

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2021/11/23/1f9ec411-6

1. How much funding will the club lose from the premier league solidarity fund (£650,000)?
2. If relegated what will happen to the funding provided by the premier league for our academy and for the community trust? Will these need to be closed?
3. If the event of being relegated has a plan been (or is in the process of being) prepared?
4. If relegated apart from a large cash input from an “investor”, does the club have an alternative plan to balance the budget and what would this include?

I don’t want to see us relegated but if we were I would like us to be prepared well in advance to give us a good chance of being the fifth club to bounce straight back from the national league to the EFL.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 19:10]
Questions for the fans forum on 23:14 - Feb 6 with 2315 viewskel

Questions for the fans forum on 23:02 - Feb 6 by A_Newby

I am hoping that the board will read the questions being asked on this forum and other social media and prepare answers and a presentation for the start of the forum replying to as many of them as possible before questions are called from the floor.

I could ask many questions about what has happened in the past to bring us to our current situation at RAFC both under the current and previous regimes (I am sure these will be asked by others) but I am trying to look forward.

Since 1992 (start of the premier league) only 4 teams relegated from league 2 to the national league have managed to “bounce back” with promotion in the first season in the national league.

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2021/11/23/1f9ec411-6

1. How much funding will the club lose from the premier league solidarity fund (£650,000)?
2. If relegated what will happen to the funding provided by the premier league for our academy and for the community trust? Will these need to be closed?
3. If the event of being relegated has a plan been (or is in the process of being) prepared?
4. If relegated apart from a large cash input from an “investor”, does the club have an alternative plan to balance the budget and what would this include?

I don’t want to see us relegated but if we were I would like us to be prepared well in advance to give us a good chance of being the fifth club to bounce straight back from the national league to the EFL.

Bounce back? Most of the wasters in this squad are contracted for next season and do you really think they have the effort or ability to mount a promotion push?

If you offered me a mid table finish in the NL now I’d bite your hand off.
Questions for the fans forum on 23:17 - Feb 6 with 2313 views442Dale

Questions for the fans forum on 23:02 - Feb 6 by A_Newby

Some good questions there about planning for the future but if the club do have a presentation, then hopefully it’s one which can be done quite quickly and focuses solely on the current issues, without reflecting on past regimes and how modern football is broken. We understand those subjects now and it is indeed about addressing where we are as a club, explaining decisions the club have control over and what plans are in place.

In fact, if there was a presentation, reassuring fans about what the future will look like either in L2 or the National League would be the way to go - that would effectively cover those questions you’ve raised.

As you say, hopefully the board/those involved at the club are reading.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Questions for the fans forum on 12:01 - Feb 7 with 1981 viewsDale2017

The subject of the Brierley transfer has mentioned already. But what I want to ask is, as long as the club is being fan owned/led, will there be more transparency regarding the transfer fees received for players or will this continue to be hidden under the "undisclosed fee" umbrella?
Questions for the fans forum on 12:49 - Feb 7 with 1870 views49thseason

Q1. How many serious parties has the board had meaningful discussions with regarding investment? How many have walked away?
Q2. Is the Board likely to close a deal in the next few months?
Q3. If there is no inbound investment, how much debt is now being accumulated and how long can the situation continue?.
Q4. What proportion of current revenue is currently generated internally, bars crowds, lottery, shop etc.and how much comes through the EFL / Premiership?
Q5. How much revenue will be lost if the club is relegated?
Q6. Can the club still be a viable concern in the event of relegation?
Questions for the fans forum on 14:50 - Feb 7 with 1662 viewssurb_dale

Questions for the fans forum on 23:14 - Feb 6 by kel

Bounce back? Most of the wasters in this squad are contracted for next season and do you really think they have the effort or ability to mount a promotion push?

If you offered me a mid table finish in the NL now I’d bite your hand off.

Expect current squad would have us down amongst Oldham and Scunny in this seasons National League but based on the squad list thread we only have 9 players contracted for next season so there is scope for a manager to reshape the squad if finances allow should we go down.

RS GK Richard O'Donnell - Summer 2024
JB RB/CB Toby Mullarkey - Summer 2024
RS CB Ethan Ebanks-Landell - Summer 2024
RS CB Max Taylor - Summer 2024
RS LCB Cameron John - Summer 2024
RS CM James Ball - Summer 2024
RS AM Abraham Odoh - Summer 2024
RS CF Tahvon Campbell - Summer 2024
RS CF Devante Rodney - Summer 2024

I'd like to think we could offload some of these (Ebanks and O'Donnell) whilst others like Mullarkey and Taylor could be decent assets in National league along with Campbell if he can finally shake off injury. John, Ball and Rodney will prove hard to shift so we maybe stuck with them tho!
Questions for the fans forum on 15:20 - Feb 7 with 1594 viewskel

Questions for the fans forum on 14:50 - Feb 7 by surb_dale

Expect current squad would have us down amongst Oldham and Scunny in this seasons National League but based on the squad list thread we only have 9 players contracted for next season so there is scope for a manager to reshape the squad if finances allow should we go down.

I'd like to think we could offload some of these (Ebanks and O'Donnell) whilst others like Mullarkey and Taylor could be decent assets in National league along with Campbell if he can finally shake off injury. John, Ball and Rodney will prove hard to shift so we maybe stuck with them tho!

I actually think Rodney has done ok considering the shite he has to play with. Ball and John simply can’t be arsed and I’d happily drive them to whichever club is daft enough to take them off out hands.
Questions for the fans forum on 15:53 - Feb 7 with 1531 viewsAtThePeake

Questions for the fans forum on 14:50 - Feb 7 by surb_dale

Interesting how we see things so differently. For me, ROD is the only player I'd be keen to keep on there next season. I'll reserve judgement on Mullarkey til I've seen him play more than once. Maybe I'd give Rodney a chance if we're planning on playing with a front two more often.

Taylor, Ball, John and Odoh I'd be happy if I never saw in a Dale shirt again.

Tangled up in blue.

Questions for the fans forum on 16:18 - Feb 7 with 1455 viewssurb_dale

Questions for the fans forum on 15:53 - Feb 7 by AtThePeake

Interesting how we see things so differently. For me, ROD is the only player I'd be keen to keep on there next season. I'll reserve judgement on Mullarkey til I've seen him play more than once. Maybe I'd give Rodney a chance if we're planning on playing with a front two more often.

Taylor, Ball, John and Odoh I'd be happy if I never saw in a Dale shirt again.

Nothing against ROD who i think would be a decent enough keeper at our level and below. Only reason to offload would be due to the rumoured high wages.

No doubt there is some talent there with Rodney and defo could do a job if played in a position that suits him but not sure if he has the hunger and attitude to regularly put a shift in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024