Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimsby win or lose tonight 18:55 - Feb 7 with 1193 viewsgerry_us

Just hope that it goes to extra time!
Grimsby win or lose tonight on 18:59 - Feb 7 with 1182 viewswessex_exile

A few red cards and non-serious injuries wouldn't go amiss either...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Grimsby win or lose tonight on 20:16 - Feb 7 with 1158 viewsdurham_exile

Win and they will be distracted by the thought of Soton Away.
Lose and they will look to bounce back with a league win.

I'm not really fussed. Either way the Super U's are going to batter the Mariners.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Grimsby win or lose tonight on 20:26 - Feb 7 with 1156 viewsdurham_exile

Grimsby 2 Luton 0

Have Luton had their chips.

Perhaps the better result.

Durham_exile

Grimsby win or lose tonight on 20:41 - Feb 7 with 1151 viewsgerry_us

Grimsby win or lose tonight on 20:26 - Feb 7 by durham_exile

Grimsby 2 Luton 0

Have Luton had their chips.

Perhaps the better result.

3-0 now.
Are we in for a tonking Satdy?
Grimsby win or lose tonight on 21:36 - Feb 7 with 1144 viewsdurham_exile

Grimsby win or lose tonight on 20:41 - Feb 7 by gerry_us

3-0 now.
Are we in for a tonking Satdy?

Attendance 7,051

Let Grimsby have their 15 minutes of fame.

Durham_exile

Grimsby win or lose tonight on 22:13 - Feb 7 with 1133 viewsnoah4x4

I’ve just got back from the Essex Senior Cup QF. Admittedly, we had put out what might constitute a third XI, but at HT the U’s were winning 2-0 and cruising having played some super football. Second half we were shambolic. Braintree sussed out our defensive weakness down our right flank and scored three. Based on tonight’s performance, I reckon Will Greenidge is the worst signing since Will Packwood, repeatedly beaten both in the air and on the deck and when in possession, I don’t recall him completing a pass. Sorry for wandering off topic! Just glad this competition doesn’t matter. Braintree have simply had their big day out,

All praise to Grimsby on their similar distraction. I love to see any L2 team giant killing. Hopefully, this FA Cup victory will have taken a huge amount out of them and the key players will have their eyes focussed on not getting injured before the next round. Saturday could be the perfect time to play them.
Grimsby win or lose tonight on 15:12 - Feb 8 with 1002 viewsbwildered

Grimsby win or lose tonight on 22:13 - Feb 7 by noah4x4

I’ve just got back from the Essex Senior Cup QF. Admittedly, we had put out what might constitute a third XI, but at HT the U’s were winning 2-0 and cruising having played some super football. Second half we were shambolic. Braintree sussed out our defensive weakness down our right flank and scored three. Based on tonight’s performance, I reckon Will Greenidge is the worst signing since Will Packwood, repeatedly beaten both in the air and on the deck and when in possession, I don’t recall him completing a pass. Sorry for wandering off topic! Just glad this competition doesn’t matter. Braintree have simply had their big day out,

All praise to Grimsby on their similar distraction. I love to see any L2 team giant killing. Hopefully, this FA Cup victory will have taken a huge amount out of them and the key players will have their eyes focussed on not getting injured before the next round. Saturday could be the perfect time to play them.

Agree with Noah’s observations on the Senior Cup clash .
The U’s second half performance has a collective, was lazy and uncompetitive, with no player showing much desire whatsoever, surprising given that the Iron were two goals down at the break, and one expects a change of approach from the opposition with nothing to lose, which was applied.
Alas only the dark arts improved, which was counterproductive, has goals were conceded.
Sadly on this showing, no player will reach many league appearances, and certainly anywhere near the notable player in the visitors ranks, John White , ( 227 ) in a U’s shirt .

A wake up call for all, especially if one was thinking of a career in professional football.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 15:14]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Grimsby win or lose tonight on 20:20 - Feb 10 with 781 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Have to agree with the above. We looked comfortable and in control in the first half and were probably good value for our 2-0 lead. Second half was a completely different story. It was obvious for everyone to see that the Braintree manager had got his team to press a lot more in the second half, this couldn't be more evident than their keeper spending most of the half 40 yards from his goal line! There was no reaction or change in formation or personnel and the "plan" second half seemed to be defend and hope. Two of the players that were eventually replaced, Sayer and Bennett, were for me our best two performers on the night and we were worse without them on the pitch. Ultimately the pressure was too much and the inexperience really shone through in the last few minutes of the match where we conceded twice. I know it's not a competition we put a great deal of value on but it was still very disappointing to lose this match.

I was really looking forward to watching Will Greenidge play and he was a complete disappointment. Apart from one run in the first half he did very little else that was positive and got steadily worse as the game went on. I would even go so far as to say he looked pretty disinterested second half. If he's Junior's replacement then we're in a bit of trouble as he made Cameron Coxe look like Ashley Cole! From what I saw on Tuesday night, and granted it's only one match, there doesn't seem to be another Junior, Noah or Sammie amongst that group.

Also has there been any official word on Tom Smith? Did he get injured during the warm up or did he not even do that?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024