Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe 16:04 - Feb 21 with 1911 viewsRSCOSWORTH

You heard it here first!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 16:06 - Feb 21 with 1901 viewsnoah4x4

Beat me to it by one minute.
Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 16:06 - Feb 21 with 1899 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Evidently Ainsworth is leaving for QPR and Wycombe plan to replace him with Bloomfield.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/wycombe-line-up-move-for-39-year-old-to

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/23336939.colchester-united-boss-matt-bloomfi

I did think it had been a while since Wayne Brown had been manager!

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 16:07 - Feb 21 with 1897 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 16:06 - Feb 21 by noah4x4

Beat me to it by one minute.

You need to type quicker!

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 16:16 - Feb 21 with 1879 viewsburnsieespana

My thoughts as soon as I saw Ainsworth going to QPR. Had not realised Ainsworth had played so many games for QPR either.
Although I felt early on MB was out of his depth I have been at the front of the queue to accept he has learned fast and done a good job.
If MB goes I hope neither Ball or Humes get nowhere near the dugout although maybe Embellton could be a contender.
How bad we now need those 10-15 points we need to ensure safety and with some tough games ahead of us we could yet get embroiled deeply in the relegation battle.
Thankfully Rochdale look certain but Hartlepool could well pull clear.
Worrying times again.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 16:19]
Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 16:37 - Feb 21 with 1840 viewsbwildered

Groundhog those Burley days .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 16:57 - Feb 21 with 1813 viewsbwildered

Dream team is closing in

Maher and Taylor

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 17:01 - Feb 21 with 1807 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Confirmed

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/february/matt-bloomfield/

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 17:06 - Feb 21 with 1801 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Bloody Wycombe confirmed it over two hours ago! They beat us to it again! Still bitter it seems!

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2023/february/21/matt-bloomfield-to-become-new-wycombe

Tossers! Rather apt it's Pancake Day!

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 17:23 - Feb 21 with 1766 viewsburnsieespana

Suspect a clause was included when he came to us they could have him back.
Bet nobody thought it would happen so quickly.
Just hope we have a plan which can happen quickly.
Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 17:30 - Feb 21 with 1753 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ha Ha! Just because!

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 17:39 - Feb 21 with 1739 viewsgerry_us

Unbelievable!
Where do we go from here...scary.
Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 18:05 - Feb 21 with 1692 viewsdurham_exile

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 17:39 - Feb 21 by gerry_us

Unbelievable!
Where do we go from here...scary.

I hope that we get plenty of compensation.

Really sorry to see him go.

A real kick in the proverbials.

13 more points required.

Up the U's

Hopefully there will not be an exodus of players now.

No loyalty in football.

Hope QPR are relegated.

Loathe Wycombe even more now.

Durham_exile

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 18:08 - Feb 21 with 1688 viewsRSCOSWORTH

10 defeats in 23 league games.

Only managed to beat Harrogate (twice), Rochdale, Gillingham, Hartlepool, Grimsby, Swindon and Doncaster. Only two of those aren't in the bottom nine.

We'll be fine.

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 18:10 - Feb 21 with 1684 viewsburnsieespana

Suspect no compo as more than likely we agreed Wycombe could have him back when Ainsworth moved on but nobody thought that would happen within 5 months.
Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 18:58 - Feb 21 with 1626 viewsBFG

Didn't see it coming but he's done a lot in his time here and helped to get the squad overhauled, let's get another decent manger in and push on. Not the end of the world
Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 19:23 - Feb 21 with 1582 viewsWitham

I feel sorry for Robbie. He really did invest in Matt Bloomfield with the transfer treasure chest and if I were him I'd be a bit peeved. Thought he conducted himself well on the BBC interview I have just watched
Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 19:55 - Feb 21 with 1532 viewsburnsieespana

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 18:05 - Feb 21 by durham_exile

I hope that we get plenty of compensation.

Really sorry to see him go.

A real kick in the proverbials.

13 more points required.

Up the U's

Hopefully there will not be an exodus of players now.

No loyalty in football.

Hope QPR are relegated.

Loathe Wycombe even more now.

Durham I was wrong as evidently a clause was written into MB's contract as to how much comp we would get should he leave to rejoin Wycombe.
Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 21:05 - Feb 21 with 1471 viewsnoah4x4

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 19:55 - Feb 21 by burnsieespana

Durham I was wrong as evidently a clause was written into MB's contract as to how much comp we would get should he leave to rejoin Wycombe.

See https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64721333

Cowling says no way he could be handcuffed, but compensation will be payable.

But let’s be frank, less than 60 days ago, the general consensus was he was out of his depth. He has had a purple patch of merely 30 days where we beat largely bottom placed teams. Carlisle, Northampton, Orient etc would be bigger tests. I reckon MB has got out at an ideal time for him.

We must treat this just like selling a player. Often unavoidable, and the only way we get decent revenue beyond poor gates and negligible TV. We have always been a “selling club”.
Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 21:33 - Feb 21 with 1445 viewsdurham_exile

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 21:05 - Feb 21 by noah4x4

See https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64721333

Cowling says no way he could be handcuffed, but compensation will be payable.

But let’s be frank, less than 60 days ago, the general consensus was he was out of his depth. He has had a purple patch of merely 30 days where we beat largely bottom placed teams. Carlisle, Northampton, Orient etc would be bigger tests. I reckon MB has got out at an ideal time for him.

We must treat this just like selling a player. Often unavoidable, and the only way we get decent revenue beyond poor gates and negligible TV. We have always been a “selling club”.

Noah I can't agree about MB.

I think he was going to be the next Parky.

I watched some of the early games when we were losing 1-0 each game but the signs were there that he was changing our fortunes.

The investment from RC in the new players has changed our outlook.

Losing MB now is the worst thing that could have happened.
The club must now make the right appointment but who.

It is worrying.

I don't see us going down. The 13 points will be gleaned but the project was all about building for next season and the brakes have now been applied big style.

I am angry, disappointed and annoyed in equal measure.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 22:07 - Feb 21 with 1415 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Wonder if we'll get a statement from or an interview with Bloomfield. I've always said that it's possible to leave a club in the right way, and that goes for managers and players. I think if you're open and honest with the supporters they'll always respect that even if they're disappointed you're leaving. If you just go without saying anything it just leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 00:17 - Feb 22 with 1349 viewswessex_exile

Matt who?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 10:16 - Feb 22 with 1251 viewsburnsieespana

This saga shows, I guess the value of having the structure we do as the Head Coach can be slipped in and out depending upon circumstances.
Have to agree with Noah as 60 days ago I certainly felt MB was out of his depth but unlike Durham I did not have the advantage of seeing the early games of his reign.
I am intrigued as to whether we paid Wycombe anything for his services so wonder if the contract effectively gave is our money back if he left to go back to them?
It will be interesting to see how MB does following Ainsworth as have seen a few reports from our supporters about the poor quality of the football in recent games.
I sense this appointment is going to be a critical one given the funds invested in January and how we have been over recent seasons.
How stable we were under JMcG?
The appointment of MB was always going to be a risk with his Wycombe background but nobody thought Ainsworth would be on the move do soon after the time he had been Manager.
Just hope we can continue to pick up points on a regular basis to reach 48 where we should be safe for another year.
Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 17:03 - Feb 22 with 1107 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 10:16 - Feb 22 by burnsieespana

This saga shows, I guess the value of having the structure we do as the Head Coach can be slipped in and out depending upon circumstances.
Have to agree with Noah as 60 days ago I certainly felt MB was out of his depth but unlike Durham I did not have the advantage of seeing the early games of his reign.
I am intrigued as to whether we paid Wycombe anything for his services so wonder if the contract effectively gave is our money back if he left to go back to them?
It will be interesting to see how MB does following Ainsworth as have seen a few reports from our supporters about the poor quality of the football in recent games.
I sense this appointment is going to be a critical one given the funds invested in January and how we have been over recent seasons.
How stable we were under JMcG?
The appointment of MB was always going to be a risk with his Wycombe background but nobody thought Ainsworth would be on the move do soon after the time he had been Manager.
Just hope we can continue to pick up points on a regular basis to reach 48 where we should be safe for another year.

Rest of the management team gone. No surprise there really.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/february/departures-confirmed/

Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 21:03 - Feb 22 with 1023 viewsBlue4U2

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/february/matt-bloomfield-message/

Hollow words from a gutless, greedy individual
If he cared that much, he would have stuck around to finish the job!
[Post edited 22 Feb 2023 21:04]
Matt Bloomfield to Wycombe on 21:07 - Feb 22 with 1017 viewsGOSBTS

Can't say I'm overly impressed with his statement - pointless really. If he'd explained how irresistible Wycombe was because of his background I reckon supporters could have understood. Just makes it seem that he'd have left for any better offer, not just Wycombe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024