Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager 17:58 - Feb 21 with 15291 viewsburnsieespana

Thoughts?
Lots of decent guys about
How about:
Harrop from Braintree
Cowley Bros.
Nathan Jones
Kevin Maher @ SUFC
Next Manager on 11:04 - Jan 3 with 1005 viewsthrillseeker

Next Manager on 10:56 - Jan 3 by RSCOSWORTH

For those that haven't seen it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67863997

A good read
Next Manager on 11:56 - Jan 3 with 970 viewsTheOldOakTree

Next Manager on 11:04 - Jan 3 by thrillseeker

A good read

It is a good read, the man has his finger on Col U's pulse.

Sadly, the bits about the academy are, I think, spot on. It's a luxury, a dream that we simply cannot afford and probably the cause of a lot of our troubles. Had we stayed in the Championship it would have been great, but that was not likely to happen. We put our shirt on black and it's come up red.

I take no comfort from saying many years ago that we would never compete with the number of kids the Prem academies or Ipshite can hoover up. I would still happily tuck into a massive slice of humble pie if we produced a Messi, but statistically there is almost no chance of the big boys missing anything with promise.

It is a staggering fact (Google says so!) that 97% of kids that enter Premiership Academies will never play top flight football. That's ample cast-offs to fill the L1 and L2 squads.

It's not just the best kids they can recruit. It goes without saying that our acadamy is probably not the first choice for backroom staff of any ability.

We need the best 20 players we can afford and a proper old fashioned manager (preferable one that can drive the bus as well), everything else needs to go, until better times come back.
[Post edited 3 Jan 12:02]
Next Manager on 12:05 - Jan 3 with 960 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Next Manager on 11:56 - Jan 3 by TheOldOakTree

It is a good read, the man has his finger on Col U's pulse.

Sadly, the bits about the academy are, I think, spot on. It's a luxury, a dream that we simply cannot afford and probably the cause of a lot of our troubles. Had we stayed in the Championship it would have been great, but that was not likely to happen. We put our shirt on black and it's come up red.

I take no comfort from saying many years ago that we would never compete with the number of kids the Prem academies or Ipshite can hoover up. I would still happily tuck into a massive slice of humble pie if we produced a Messi, but statistically there is almost no chance of the big boys missing anything with promise.

It is a staggering fact (Google says so!) that 97% of kids that enter Premiership Academies will never play top flight football. That's ample cast-offs to fill the L1 and L2 squads.

It's not just the best kids they can recruit. It goes without saying that our acadamy is probably not the first choice for backroom staff of any ability.

We need the best 20 players we can afford and a proper old fashioned manager (preferable one that can drive the bus as well), everything else needs to go, until better times come back.
[Post edited 3 Jan 12:02]

I love the idea that being able to drive a bus gives you a better chance of getting the job!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Next Manager on 12:07 - Jan 3 with 958 viewswessex_exile

Next Manager on 11:04 - Jan 3 by thrillseeker

A good read

Quite balanced I thought, and kind of hammers home what a kick in the proverbials it was when Bloomfield walked out.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Next Manager on 12:21 - Jan 3 with 938 viewsTheOldOakTree

Next Manager on 12:05 - Jan 3 by RSCOSWORTH

I love the idea that being able to drive a bus gives you a better chance of getting the job!

That was meant as tongue in cheek! LOL Having your own bucket and sponge wouldn’t harm your chances either.

You can’t really argue that a Matty Etherington with a PSV Licence would have been more use to the U’s than the one we got.

At least he could have taken the shuttle bus out to pick Noah up!
[Post edited 3 Jan 12:37]
Next Manager on 01:03 - Jan 4 with 791 viewsdurham_exile

Next Manager on 12:21 - Jan 3 by TheOldOakTree

That was meant as tongue in cheek! LOL Having your own bucket and sponge wouldn’t harm your chances either.

You can’t really argue that a Matty Etherington with a PSV Licence would have been more use to the U’s than the one we got.

At least he could have taken the shuttle bus out to pick Noah up!
[Post edited 3 Jan 12:37]

We've had enough managers attempting to park the bus, time for someone who can actually drive it.

Mr Cowley welcome to Colchester.

Durham_exile

Next Manager on 09:10 - Jan 4 with 748 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Next Manager on 01:03 - Jan 4 by durham_exile

We've had enough managers attempting to park the bus, time for someone who can actually drive it.

Mr Cowley welcome to Colchester.

The Cowley brothers don't play particularly attractive football, in fact quite the opposite, a bit like Parkinson. I'm actually past caring now and I just want us to start getting results however we have to play to get them. In League Two especially very few teams do well in this division playing nice football. The ones that do well are hard working, difficult to score against and try to play their football in the attacking third.

Next Manager on 11:42 - Jan 4 with 702 viewsCrashBandicoot

Next Manager on 09:10 - Jan 4 by RSCOSWORTH

The Cowley brothers don't play particularly attractive football, in fact quite the opposite, a bit like Parkinson. I'm actually past caring now and I just want us to start getting results however we have to play to get them. In League Two especially very few teams do well in this division playing nice football. The ones that do well are hard working, difficult to score against and try to play their football in the attacking third.

The fact is I agree that we don't particularly want attractive football right now - we just want the team to work hard to achieve winning results. Hopefully if Cowley is appointed (and it is a big IF) he will look at the current team and start putting together the team that he wants rather than interference from others.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager on 12:24 - Jan 4 with 679 viewsColukev

2.30pm !
Next Manager on 12:26 - Jan 4 with 678 viewswessex_exile

Next Manager on 09:10 - Jan 4 by RSCOSWORTH

Gillingham are a perfect example - one of the poorer sides we've seen at the JobServe, but are challenging for promotion with a -9 goal difference.

Up the U's

Next Manager on 12:30 - Jan 4 with 677 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Next Manager on 12:26 - Jan 4 by wessex_exile

Gillingham are a perfect example - one of the poorer sides we've seen at the JobServe, but are challenging for promotion with a -9 goal difference.

Harris did get the boot pretty much for his style of football though. I noted some of their fans saying that they've swapped managers but nothing has really changed and most of their wins are 1-0 and they're still struggling for goals, I'd happily swap positions right now though. We've only scored two less than Barrow yet they're 4th and we're 22nd!

Next Manager on 13:07 - Jan 4 with 640 viewsburnsieespana

Next Manager on 12:24 - Jan 4 by Colukev

2.30pm !

?
Next Manager on 13:35 - Jan 4 with 628 viewsLeadbelly

Next Manager on 13:07 - Jan 4 by burnsieespana

?

Rumours on social media platform formerly known as Twitter claim there is an announcement at 14.30.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Next Manager on 13:37 - Jan 4 with 626 viewsthrillseeker

Next Manager on 13:35 - Jan 4 by Leadbelly

Rumours on social media platform formerly known as Twitter claim there is an announcement at 14.30.

Talksports Alex Crook is stating Danny Cowley is a done deal
Next Manager on 13:43 - Jan 4 with 609 viewswessex_exile

Next Manager on 13:37 - Jan 4 by thrillseeker

Yep, Lincoln City also tweeting it's Danny Cowley. Great news if so!

Up the U's

Next Manager on 13:49 - Jan 4 with 605 viewsthrillseeker

Next Manager on 13:37 - Jan 4 by thrillseeker

Alex Crook was the only journo that called out the Matt Bloomfield appointment about an hour before it was announced
Next Manager on 14:10 - Jan 4 with 583 viewswessex_exile

Some bright spark has already updated his Wikipedia page!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Cowley

Up the U's

Next Manager on 14:13 - Jan 4 with 579 viewsTheOldOakTree

Disappointed, I was hoping we'd give Mick (bigger bastard than....) Wadsworth a second chance

Can it really be the Cowleys, or is this a dream??? I don't think it's a dream, I'm not seeing a vat of custard or matron with her top buttons undone.

If it is, then even if the first 5-10 games are shite, or even if we go down, we have to persist, we cannot keep changing managers like they're undercrackers.

Mr C has pulled a blinder if it is true, because if we go down now, it's not his fault, it's what the fans wanted.
[Post edited 4 Jan 14:32]
Next Manager on 14:30 - Jan 4 with 553 viewsTheOldOakTree

Am I the only one that keeps going on the official site only to see the Conor Wilkinson news.

Judging by his pictures on the right and left of the screen, if that's what 6 months in Motherwell does to you, I'll not be going there on holiday.

He looks a tough b#####d, just what we need for getting in the face of L2 defenders.
Next Manager on 14:31 - Jan 4 with 551 viewswessex_exile

Next Manager on 14:13 - Jan 4 by TheOldOakTree

Disappointed, I was hoping we'd give Mick (bigger bastard than....) Wadsworth a second chance

Can it really be the Cowleys, or is this a dream??? I don't think it's a dream, I'm not seeing a vat of custard or matron with her top buttons undone.

If it is, then even if the first 5-10 games are shite, or even if we go down, we have to persist, we cannot keep changing managers like they're undercrackers.

Mr C has pulled a blinder if it is true, because if we go down now, it's not his fault, it's what the fans wanted.
[Post edited 4 Jan 14:32]

It's true - the Cowley brothers are on board!

Up the U's

Next Manager on 14:39 - Jan 4 with 542 viewsburnsieespana

Good news.
We are in the last chance saloon.
Wonder what the appointment of the two brothers will mean for Marshall, etc.
Seems Cowley has already taken a training session!
Next Manager on 14:43 - Jan 4 with 527 viewsBLACKCAT

Next Manager on 14:31 - Jan 4 by wessex_exile

It's true - the Cowley brothers are on board!

Congratulations! I'd say you've won the League Two equivalent of the lottery.
I think you can stop worrying about relegation now.
Next Manager on 14:57 - Jan 4 with 492 viewsLeadbelly

Next Manager on 14:43 - Jan 4 by BLACKCAT

Congratulations! I'd say you've won the League Two equivalent of the lottery.
I think you can stop worrying about relegation now.

I hope you’re correct. We’ve not even been buying tickets for several seasons.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Next Manager on 15:41 - Jan 4 with 450 viewsTheOldOakTree

Next Manager on 12:05 - Jan 3 by RSCOSWORTH

So if no one with a PSV licence applies, the next best option is to bring your brother along, because 2 minibuses will do the job just as well.

Just saying
Next Manager on 15:46 - Jan 4 with 444 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Next Manager on 15:41 - Jan 4 by TheOldOakTree

So if no one with a PSV licence applies, the next best option is to bring your brother along, because 2 minibuses will do the job just as well.

Just saying

They've got it all worked out!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024