Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last 5 games at home 12:03 - Mar 13 with 7348 viewsDalenet

It looks like we have 5 games left at home as a football league club. Whilst a miracle could happen, realistically we are looking down the barrel of the gun. It saddens me that the club hasn't tried to get the town to back the club and get along to make an atmosphere and it looks like we will go down with a whimper.

So how will you remember these last few games. Will you be encouraging anybody along for a last look? We don't need pitch invasions or banners - there isn't anything anybody can change now. Besides we are more dignified than that. But I hope we can celebrate 102 years in the football league somehow. Any ideas?
Last 5 games at home on 08:00 - Mar 16 with 1403 viewsJimmySquirrel61

Can't the club do a deal on the last three games of the season,3 for the price of 2 something or maybe kids in for free just to get bums on seats and get some atmosphere behind the team?

Poll: Who wants Notts County to get promoted

Last 5 games at home on 15:25 - Mar 16 with 1120 viewsDale_4_Life

Last 5 games at home on 07:10 - Mar 15 by D_Alien

Since you raise the Trust issue TS, i'm sadly coming to the conclusion that having a Trust rep on the BoD isn't acheiving what is or was intended

Minor issues that are taken up are all well and good, but as far as the issues that really matter are concerned, our Trust rep is bound by confidentiality so in effect the benefit is negligible and may even compromise the independence of the Trust

Now, the Trust has stated that they wish to be consulted about new investors and given the opportunity to appraise them. It's the members of the board whose investment would be affected by this, so when push comes to shove, would doubts cast by the Trust - even if granted the opportunity to appraise - be really taken into account?

The point here is: assurances have been given by the board about this, but now we seem to be into a new ballgame where assurances on other matters (e.g. volunteer army) haven't bourne fruit

So, a number of issues here, but another one is the relationship between the Trust and the board. In my opinion (could be a shit one...) the independence of the Trust is more important than having a seat at the top table when effective communication has been lost with the fanbase
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 7:15]

Firstly the trust rep is a decent guy who does love the Dale. Of that i am convinced.

Has he any sway at all? I get the impression that its all a little bit too cosy this relationship between him and the board. Some difficult questions need to be asked and quickly and the answers communicated back to the trust and the wider support.

The board / the trust / the supporters are all in this together. It just feels like there is a divide i hope this can be bridged and quickly.
Last 5 games at home on 19:34 - Mar 17 with 863 views_Stefan_Kuntz

I do not believe that it is all over.

Let's believe that on any match day Crawley Town and Hartlepool United can both lose. Such is the case this week-end. Dale have beaten better teams than Swindon Town. Tomorrow the distance between Dale and safety can become 2 points with nothing in the goal difference, and then the game is afoot.

Crawley Town will play their two games in hand on the next consecutive Tuesdays. Both are at Crawley against Doncaster Rovers and Grimsby Town, 21st and 28th March.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024