Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many points for safety. 20:15 - Mar 18 with 21619 viewsqpr_1968

i reckon another 6, that will give us 48.

ain't got a clue where they'll come from....we could lose to wigan then beat beat wba.
who knows.

but on paper....
wigan a....1 point
wba a .......0 points
burnley a....0 points
stoke a ......0 points

pne h ......1 point
coventry h..1 point
norwich h....0 points
bristol city h.....3 points....
last game will save us, could be another palace job back in 1999 was it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

How many points for safety. on 15:06 - Apr 23 with 1685 viewsAntti_Heinola

How many points for safety. on 14:45 - Apr 23 by E15Hoop

Nah, I don't see that happening, DV.
I think that win yesterday has cured the malaise that was hanging over the squad.
They've learnt the following lessons:
1. GA has a plan that will work IF they commit to it fully.
2. Winning football matches at this level and at this stage of the season has as much to do with focus, determination, belief and resilience than it does with perfecting technical ability,
3. Because of 2, they have, in the space of 100 minutes, managed to turn despair into hope, which shows them that they have the tools to win, even against the odds.
All of this is hugely significant, and are importnat life lessons for 20-something young men who have probably not had to face many battles in general in life to this point, and they have a Manager in GA who, if nothing else, is committed to helping them learn and develop as people as well as the kind of players he feels he can use.
I genuinely believe that this will not be lost on the players, and I think a number of them will have spent today thinking back to the haka, and what that was all about, and why GA went out of his way to bring that to the table.
Now, of course, its possible that a few of them will think "job done", and become complacent, but I don't think there is any chance whatsoever that GA will let them get away with that having worked so hard to get them to this point where they're putting themselves completly on the line for him and each other.
Besides which, this club is the expert in swinging wildly between triumph and disaster without ever completely achieving either.

Applaud your positivity, but it feels like you haven't been watching this season. That was the first time since January we went more than one game in a row without losing the next one. We haven't followed a win with another win since October. A great result at West Brom was followed by a bumming at home to Cov. This has not 'cured' anything. But that's 1 defeat in 4, it's some sort of run, and hopefully they will take the same attitude and belief to Stoke. But, again, we're all delighted and I've only seen highlights, but we could and really should have been 3 down at the break. Some of that down to some brilliant last ditch defending, some down to some uncharacteristically poor finishing. I'm far from convinced but hope to be wrong - and think relegation next season is an enormous danger if it doesn't happen over the next fortnight.

Bare bones.

How many points for safety. on 15:10 - Apr 23 with 1659 viewsClive_Anderson

Coventry and West Brom are good teams that are still aiming for the play offs.

Stoke are a bit crud and have nothing to play for, I reckon we'll turn them over.
How many points for safety. on 15:19 - Apr 23 with 1609 viewskropotkin41

We have more than a puncher's chance now at least. To be fair, after the last round of matches and the draw against Norwich, I think it looked like the game was up. Now it doesn't seem quite so far-fetched for us to get a win out of the last two games. It's just the tendency of these things to take twists and turns, and the fact that none of the bottom teams has collapsed, that makes me think we'll need 3 points.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

How many points for safety. on 15:23 - Apr 23 with 1587 viewsE15Hoop

How many points for safety. on 15:06 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

Applaud your positivity, but it feels like you haven't been watching this season. That was the first time since January we went more than one game in a row without losing the next one. We haven't followed a win with another win since October. A great result at West Brom was followed by a bumming at home to Cov. This has not 'cured' anything. But that's 1 defeat in 4, it's some sort of run, and hopefully they will take the same attitude and belief to Stoke. But, again, we're all delighted and I've only seen highlights, but we could and really should have been 3 down at the break. Some of that down to some brilliant last ditch defending, some down to some uncharacteristically poor finishing. I'm far from convinced but hope to be wrong - and think relegation next season is an enormous danger if it doesn't happen over the next fortnight.

Oh no, trust me, Antti, I've been suffering this season along with everyone else!
The only difference between you and me is that I don't think GA gets nearly enough credit for understanding how young players work psychologically and emotionally.
That win yesterday was HUGE for so many reasons, and I am 100% certain that Ainsworth is more than fully aware of that and will point blank refuse to let those gains drop.
Luckily, there's a full week until the Stoke game. You could argue that that's enough time for complacency to sink in, but I think GA is cute enough to realise that there's a shift in the balance of power towards him now that he won't let dissipate.
I think training will go up a notch even this week, but that there's likely to be more emphasis on positive patterns of play in the opposition half, particularly in the final third.
As for next season, there's too many variables for anyone to sensibly call it right now, but GA decribed himself as a "builder" in the post-match interviews yesterday, and I think in a reverse psychology kind of way that having less resources to work with next season might actually help us (assuming GA gets a grip on whay all these muscle injuries keep occurring).
How many points for safety. on 15:33 - Apr 23 with 1505 viewsLogman

How many points for safety. on 15:23 - Apr 23 by E15Hoop

Oh no, trust me, Antti, I've been suffering this season along with everyone else!
The only difference between you and me is that I don't think GA gets nearly enough credit for understanding how young players work psychologically and emotionally.
That win yesterday was HUGE for so many reasons, and I am 100% certain that Ainsworth is more than fully aware of that and will point blank refuse to let those gains drop.
Luckily, there's a full week until the Stoke game. You could argue that that's enough time for complacency to sink in, but I think GA is cute enough to realise that there's a shift in the balance of power towards him now that he won't let dissipate.
I think training will go up a notch even this week, but that there's likely to be more emphasis on positive patterns of play in the opposition half, particularly in the final third.
As for next season, there's too many variables for anyone to sensibly call it right now, but GA decribed himself as a "builder" in the post-match interviews yesterday, and I think in a reverse psychology kind of way that having less resources to work with next season might actually help us (assuming GA gets a grip on whay all these muscle injuries keep occurring).

Good analysis, and I agree. I said in the build-up this week that the injuries could be a blessing in disguise and it could be the same this week. It forces GA's hand, it enables him to formulate his starting XI early in the week and it means that he has got XI players starting with good injury records who can play at full tilt without being likely to pull up after an hour.
How many points for safety. on 15:33 - Apr 23 with 1501 viewskensalriser

How many points for safety. on 14:42 - Apr 23 by PinnerPaul

For now it quite simple - match Reading's result next week and we're safe.

Are you forgetting Blackpool?

Win the next game and we're safe.

Personally I'm rooting for a 12-0 win v Stoke as that will give us an outside shot at 16th.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

How many points for safety. on 15:35 - Apr 23 with 1469 viewswesty

How many points for safety. on 19:23 - Apr 22 by OldPedro

Reading have been basically ignoring FFP rules for a few years so it was only a matter of time before they got some sort of penalty

Reading took a calculated gamble by knowing the 6 point penalty would happen but assumed they would have enough firepower to cope with it. Tbh you could feasibly work it to your favour by completely smashing FFP and just take a two game hit. Not a bad penalty when you think about it, problem is that Reading obviously never went as far as they should and hopefully / maybe will pay the price with relegation.
How many points for safety. on 15:38 - Apr 23 with 1447 viewsPinnerPaul

How many points for safety. on 15:33 - Apr 23 by kensalriser

Personally I'm rooting for a 12-0 win v Stoke as that will give us an outside shot at 16th.

Yep - my error!
Login to get fewer ads

How many points for safety. on 15:40 - Apr 23 with 1433 viewsE15Hoop

How many points for safety. on 15:33 - Apr 23 by kensalriser

If the God of football doesn't answer that prayer, KR, then there is truly no justice in the world!
"16th is ours, 16th is ours. We're Queens Park Rangers and 16th is ours!"
That has such a warm and comforting familar ring to it.."
How many points for safety. on 15:40 - Apr 23 with 1433 viewsGaryT

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-calculator/?step=2&lge=2

With several of the bottom 7 playing each other it's very difficult to call. I think we need a point at the bear minimum and as we always follow up a great victory with a shocking abomination, I think we'll be backs to the wall for a 0-0 against Brizzel City for that point.

What do we want from Rotherham v Cardiff on Thursday? A draw puts them both above us on goal difference but Cardiff have Warnock's battling Huddersfield at home and away to Burnley after that. I think Reading could win their two games so I'm hoping Rotherham, Huddersfield and Burnley (who won't want to embarrass their home fans again), can do it for us.

Jobs not done yet.

*Edit, although the table is right before you make your predictions, it adds three points back on to Wigan and 6 to Reading so bear that in mind. Anyone found an accurate predictor?
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 16:07]
How many points for safety. on 21:47 - Apr 27 with 933 viewsGaryT

Bump

This site is now working with the correct points for Reading and Wigan. https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-calculator/?step=2&lge=2

Still think one point will be enough but and I'm more confident about getting three against Brizzle. Gonna be close though.
How many points for safety. on 17:19 - Apr 29 with 729 viewsqpr_1968

SAFE AS HOUSES.......relax aginst bristol with a win celebration.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024