Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS 21:41 - Mar 24 with 1602 viewsdurham_exile

So, no win now in 6 games, but after a spirited (and deserved) come back at the Orient last weekend, BG’s blue and white Army must feel that they are capable of securing a much-needed win at home to Tranmere Rovers.

After Mickey Mellon was sacked this week Ian Dawes and Andy Parkinson are in temporary charge of the Wirral outfit. Frankly we won’t get a better chance to defeat them either.

Nine games left now.
Tranmere H
Newport H
Stevenage A
Crewe H
Salford A
Crawley A
Sutton H
Doncaster A
Mansfield H

Whatever some might say, without the valuable four wins, all Away under MB. we would have been in the brown and pungent in bottom place as opposed to just being on the edge of darkness.

Gillingham 37 41
Harrogate 37 38
COL U 37 36
Crawley 36 33
Hartlepool 37 31
Rochdale 37 26

This simply has to be the last of these dreadful seasons of struggle and inconsistency.

BG needs a win and tomorrow must provide it. Tranmere is definitely a must win game.

I wouldn’t change the starting line up from last week.

O’Hara

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Chilvers Ashley Kazeem

Newby

Hopper Tovide

Subs
Smith Fevrier Jay Akinde Sears Greenidge Marshall-Miranda

The weather tomorrow at the JCS will be a mild 12 degrees Celsius sunny and a 19% chance of rain.

I reckon a 2-0 Colchester win to set us up nicely for the Exiles next Saturday.

iFollow is also available tomorrow for those of us who don’t live in Vietnam!

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 25 Mar 2023 18:34]

Durham_exile

Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS on 17:01 - Mar 25 with 526 viewsdurham_exile

Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS on 16:40 - Mar 25 by durham_exile

Akinde and Sears on for Tovide and Hopper

A point simply not enough now must defeat the Exiles.

Too desperate at times.

But we didn't lose the game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS on 17:05 - Mar 25 with 519 viewswessex_exile

Poor first half, but why can't we play like the second half for a full game. Thoroughly deserved a point, and could have won it with some of the chances we created in the second half, never mind the blatant penalty that an atrocious referee didn't give. Twelve bookings, eight of them for Tranmere - talk about taking turns for the team.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS on 17:23 - Mar 25 with 492 viewsgerry_us

Thirteen bookings actually, five for us, eight for them. I feel for the ref, Carl Boyeson, who is pretty experienced and probably did well to keep it 11 v 11. It's not always the referee's fault. He will have writer's cramp tonight with all the reports he has to submit.
Not fun being a ref nowadays.
Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS on 18:02 - Mar 25 with 470 viewswessex_exile

Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS on 17:23 - Mar 25 by gerry_us

Thirteen bookings actually, five for us, eight for them. I feel for the ref, Carl Boyeson, who is pretty experienced and probably did well to keep it 11 v 11. It's not always the referee's fault. He will have writer's cramp tonight with all the reports he has to submit.
Not fun being a ref nowadays.

I stand corrected, it was indeed 13 yellow cards, I forgot Tovide's one for 'simulation' when we should have had the first penalty. Experienced or not, I'd say rather than trying to keep control of the game, he actually started to lose control of the game, seemingly flashing repeated yellow cards for simple fouls at one point in the second half. I don't think keeping it at 11 v 11 was anything to do with Carl Boyeson, more down to the 22 players on the pitch realising they had a card-happy ref for the afternoon, and doing their best to stay out of trouble after it was their turn to get one. I guess we have to be grateful no one picked up a red card suspension at completely the wrong time in the season?

Up the U's

Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS on 18:07 - Mar 25 with 468 viewsthrillseeker

Such frustration

Shocking first half, so much better second half although that wasn't too difficult

Feels like a repeat of many games this season.

We need at least 2 wins - Newport and who?

Roll on next Saturday
Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS on 19:13 - Mar 25 with 431 viewsbwildered

No enough quality play in the final third throughout. U’s still to find out how to provide decent goal scoring opportunity to the front pairing. Even going a goal down teams playing with confidence and further up the table, would have nurtured three points in games like these.
Too slow first half, with only a long diagonal ball 🏀, the only creativity, is too much to do with a side struggling for results.
Only a ref who used his get out of jail card, influenced by the vocal South Stand, got us back in the game, but then could not fashion a winner, although a last gasp tackle of the match and a Sears shot directly at the keeper kept us hopeful.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS on 21:49 - Mar 25 with 363 viewsnoah4x4

Wasn’t it 14 yellow cards?

Wasn’t Ben Garner cautioned for leaving his technical area to argue with diabolical Lino and ref?

On reflection, I think this was a good point. All we have to do is match Hartlepool and Rochdale and we are doing that. Hartlepool have a shocking run-in too.
Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS on 22:36 - Mar 25 with 349 viewswessex_exile

Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS on 21:49 - Mar 25 by noah4x4

Wasn’t it 14 yellow cards?

Wasn’t Ben Garner cautioned for leaving his technical area to argue with diabolical Lino and ref?

On reflection, I think this was a good point. All we have to do is match Hartlepool and Rochdale and we are doing that. Hartlepool have a shocking run-in too.

Was that the handbags shoving match outside the technical area, after he threw the ball back for a quick throw-in, and the Tranmere player prevented it? I thought the cards were shown to the two players involved, or did Ben get one as well?

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS on 23:14 - Mar 25 with 339 viewsdurham_exile

Wirral rubbish as Super U's tame the Superwhites at the JCS on 22:36 - Mar 25 by wessex_exile

Was that the handbags shoving match outside the technical area, after he threw the ball back for a quick throw-in, and the Tranmere player prevented it? I thought the cards were shown to the two players involved, or did Ben get one as well?

Just the 13 yellow cards

I wasn't aware that BG was carded. No mention on the IFollow video coverage.

The referee was once again appalling, but he did at least acknowledge his mistake by awarding the second penalty.

We could have sneaked it at the end but the point was important.

But this simply isn't good enough, we are stumbling towards the finish line and today was edgy and lack lustre at times.

BG said we would play expansive attacking football but the confidence is shot and the style of play is too ponderous at times.

Newport now becomes the next must win game.

I hope that Ossama Ashley is fit for next week.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024