Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football & climate: Which EFL clubs are the most sustainable? 20:33 - Mar 29 with 1035 viewsghughes11

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65085346

Safe to say we are not in the top 20 and like our position in the whole of the football league I wouldn't be surprised if we were 4th bottom!

Remember when the stadium was being built/planned the talk around sustainable travel with discounts in the car park for 4 or more travelers and of the course the infamous shuttle buses (sorry to bring them up again Noah!). Anyone you know cycle to the matches?

Anyone know what Col U are doing about single use plastic reduction, waste efficiency, clean energy etc???

Why is sport and in this case football way behind in the battle for a better climate? They seem to want to be the World leaders in everything else!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Football & climate: Which EFL clubs are the most sustainable? on 22:49 - Mar 29 with 960 viewsnoah4x4

I do know somebody that often cycles to the stadium, but she is the only one!

The opening of the Boulevard (the walkway across Mill Road playing fields), albeit about two years late, lops around ten minutes off the walk to the nearest bus stop. But as that stop is right outside my front door, it is of little advantage to me on a match day. Given one can’t get a decent real ale at the stadium, buses from town (city) stopping closer to the stadium are desirable. However, disputes over road adoption still mean that there are no buses to the Chesterwell Woods housing estate. Maybe the Northern Gateway brings hope?

How can printing over 5,000 free programmes of which most get discarded be ‘green’? I can see why Robbie does this, as the difference between the production cost of 1,000, or 5,000 or 10,000 is trivial, All the principle expense is in initial design and set up irrespective of volume. The cost of paper is negligible. However, current practice is wasteful of resource. Why not a digital programme, or perhaps ask those that collect them in paper format to pay a true cost price rather than the rest of us subsidise them by higher ticket prices, We can read their entire content on line for free, so I just don’t bother with them.

I have recently acquired an electric (PHEV) car. I love it, but the stadium EV charger is seemingly permanently out of action, whilst one of two at ASDA was wiped out by a careless bad parker three weeks ago, Fortunately, I invested in a 7kWH home device, but what hope have we of achieving new car zero emissions by 2030 when so many public chargers are out of action?

The fact is, going green is very costly. The need to embrace low emissions through greater adoption of renewables has been accelerated by the Ukraine War and its impact on fossil fuels. Buying green electricity is now easy as over 50% of UK generation does not embrace fossil fuels.

However, I don’t think there can be much criticism of Col U compared to the Premier Division frequent flyers. Whether fan or player, the bus ride back from Barrow or Grimsby on a Tuesday Night is hardly cost or carbon extravagant.
Football & climate: Which EFL clubs are the most sustainable? on 13:13 - Mar 31 with 871 viewsbwildered

Football will become much more regionalised, with North, South, East and West sections, not just for climate but financial reasons also.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Football & climate: Which EFL clubs are the most sustainable? on 15:31 - Mar 31 with 864 viewsnoah4x4

Football & climate: Which EFL clubs are the most sustainable? on 13:13 - Mar 31 by bwildered

Football will become much more regionalised, with North, South, East and West sections, not just for climate but financial reasons also.

Yeh, starting with a European Premier League maybe?
Football & climate: Which EFL clubs are the most sustainable? on 16:07 - Mar 31 with 861 viewsDaniel

We're 18th in League 2 and apparently we score on sustainable transport
https://www.sportpositiveleagues.com/efl-league-two-2022/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024