Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's 10:44 - Apr 1 with 1908 viewsdurham_exile

Today sees the Super U’s at home to the Exiles of Newport County.

Now not only is this a must win for BG and his charges but also Graham Coughlan the Newport boss has stoked the fires by referring to big spending Colchester failing to match the hard work, graft and honest players from the Exiles team.

Newport are virtually safe from the drop but I must admit I can’t stand them and it is about time that we put them to the sword.

Harrogate 38 39
COL U 38 37
Crawley 38 37
Hartlepool 38 32
Rochdale 38 26

Realistically with Rochdale gone, it is another one from four possible options.

Remaining Fixtures:

Hartlepool
Swindon H
Grimsby A
Stevenage H
Newport A
Salford A
Crawley H
Barrow H
Stockport A

Crawley
Mansfield A
Bradford H
Barrow A
Tranmere H
COL U H
Hartlepool A
Walsall H
Swindon A

COL U
Newport H
Stevenage A
Crewe H
Salford A
Crawley A
Sutton H
Doncaster A
Mansfield H

Three points from the last 7 games tells its own story for the Super U’s. This has been another year of struggle and failure. Three managers and the run of no wins from 7 games has come at the worst possible time. I remain unconvinced by BG and I curse Wyscum for allowing GA to go to QPR and then to lure MB back to the Chairboys. Still, we are where we are.

All we can hope is that survival is once again achieved but this must surely be the last year of struggle and abject failure. The supporters deserve better and the squad are becoming perennial underachievers.

If I were BG I would pin a copy of the Exiles pre match notes in the dressing room and no words would surely be necessary to motivate the team to a victory.

In fact I’m going for a comfortable 4-0 win over the Exiles to ease the nerves enhance the GD and move closer to survival. A win today would only require two more victories and we could have survival sewn up before the Crawley game.

I have Salford, Doncaster and the final game against Mansfield to endure (sorry enjoy!). Tickets available soon for the Away games.

Newport of course have Joe Dunne in their ranks now supporting the odious Coughlan.

Team easy (providing Cole Skuse is fit):

O’Hara

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Ashley Skuse Kazeem

Chilvers

Tovide Hopper

Subs

Smith Read Fevrier Jay Akinde Newby Greenidge

Finally, whoever sanctioned Tom Eastman’s loan to one of our relegation rivals should be shot.

And if the Monkey Hangers go down we should sign Dan Kemp in the summer.

Weather today light rain, 9 degrees Celsius and cloudy at times. Pitch which looked poor last week hopefully will have benefitted from some TLC this week.

Try and enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 11:02 - Apr 1 with 1286 viewsburnsieespana

Funnily enough Durham I had a dream last night we would win 4-0!
Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 11:08 - Apr 1 with 1277 viewsWitham

Not sure about a good pitch given yesterday's rain
Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 11:32 - Apr 1 with 1253 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 11:02 - Apr 1 by burnsieespana

Burnsie its about time we gave the JCS faithful a classic home victory and a handsome scoreline.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 11:33 - Apr 1 with 1251 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 11:08 - Apr 1 by Witham

Not sure about a good pitch given yesterday's rain

Witham the pitch looked threadbare (if that is an appropriate word for a pitch) last week.

Even Valley Parade's pitch was decent albeit bobbly when we played recently.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 12:42 - Apr 1 with 1225 viewsdurham_exile

Apparently the pitch is being inspected prior to kick off (genuinely).

No news yet.

Getting pretty late for a decision to call it off.

Any doubt about safety though and it should be postponed.

Update Pitch ok match goes ahead.

Up the U's
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 12:43]

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 13:45 - Apr 1 with 1183 viewsthrillseeker

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 11:02 - Apr 1 by burnsieespana

I am not a big gambler but I have placed us to win at 15/8 in my Saturday treble

Don't know why following recent games but for some reason I am 100% confident we will win today.

I hope I don't have to eat my words later
Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 13:56 - Apr 1 with 1178 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 13:45 - Apr 1 by thrillseeker

I am not a big gambler but I have placed us to win at 15/8 in my Saturday treble

Don't know why following recent games but for some reason I am 100% confident we will win today.

TS I think your money is safe.

Today is really the day that we have to secure three points.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 14:09 - Apr 1 with 1170 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 13:56 - Apr 1 by durham_exile

TS I think your money is safe.

Today is really the day that we have to secure three points.

Up the U's

Starting XI

O'Hara

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Chilvers Read Wood

Jay

Tovide Hopper

Subs

Smith and Smith Sears Newby Akinde Fevrier
Another because Jay can't be in two places at once!

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 15:11 - Apr 1 with 1154 viewsmfb_cufc

Hartlepool and Crawley both losing.

mfb

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 15:56 - Apr 1 with 1135 viewsdurham_exile

We've dominated the game but scores are still level.

Must score second half. Three points will give us a tremendous lift.

As long as we can win matches we will survive.

Come on a big 45 minutes to come

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:03 - Apr 1 with 1132 viewswessex_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 12:42 - Apr 1 by durham_exile

Apparently the pitch is being inspected prior to kick off (genuinely).

No news yet.

Getting pretty late for a decision to call it off.

Any doubt about safety though and it should be postponed.

Update Pitch ok match goes ahead.

Up the U's
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 12:43]

According to the commentary, there wasn't a pitch inspection planned, just Newport misunderstood the message from Col U and held their coaches for 40 minutes before discovering their mistake. Pitch very heavy though.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 16:04]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:12 - Apr 1 with 1110 viewsgerry_us

I expect you are cheering for Mansfield today Peter! They are doing us a favour.
Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:31 - Apr 1 with 1094 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:12 - Apr 1 by gerry_us

I expect you are cheering for Mansfield today Peter! They are doing us a favour.

Gerry whilst delighted that Hartlepool and Crawley are losing we need to secure three points today which will allow me the biggest cheer of the day.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:33 - Apr 1 with 1092 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:31 - Apr 1 by durham_exile

Gerry whilst delighted that Hartlepool and Crawley are losing we need to secure three points today which will allow me the biggest cheer of the day.

Up the U's

Big John on for Samson.

Come on we need the three points.

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:43 - Apr 1 with 1087 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:33 - Apr 1 by durham_exile

Big John on for Samson.

Bring Jaydon Fevrier on to give him a run at the Newport defence.

Come on we need this win

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:45 - Apr 1 with 1084 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:43 - Apr 1 by durham_exile

Bring Jaydon Fevrier on to give him a run at the Newport defence.

Come on we need this win

He's on for Matt Jay

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:48 - Apr 1 with 1081 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:45 - Apr 1 by durham_exile

He's on for Matt Jay

Come on the U's

And the Monkey Hangers have equalised

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:52 - Apr 1 with 1078 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:48 - Apr 1 by durham_exile

And the Monkey Hangers have equalised

Sears Smith and Ashley on for the U's.

Time running out unfortunately

Come on

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:55 - Apr 1 with 1075 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:52 - Apr 1 by durham_exile

Sears Smith and Ashley on for the U's.

Time running out unfortunately

Come on

Useless Swindon have rolled over at Hartlepool.

Rochdale have won

We simply can't buy a goal

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:58 - Apr 1 with 1068 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 16:55 - Apr 1 by durham_exile

Useless Swindon have rolled over at Hartlepool.

Rochdale have won

We simply can't buy a goal

Simply not good enough.

Pressure is now even greater.

Things can only get better.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 17:21 - Apr 1 with 1042 viewsburnsieespana

I am now starting to seriously worry about our future in this division.
Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 17:23 - Apr 1 with 1041 viewsnoah4x4

We couldn’t score in a brothel. Clod Hopper is good heading on a ball, but clueless as regards where the goal is. Why won’t he shoot? Frankly, we were hanging on after Smith and Chambers were reunited. Bring back Eastman, who also knows where the opposition net is.
Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 17:46 - Apr 1 with 1021 viewsdurham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 17:23 - Apr 1 by noah4x4

We couldn’t score in a brothel. Clod Hopper is good heading on a ball, but clueless as regards where the goal is. Why won’t he shoot? Frankly, we were hanging on after Smith and Chambers were reunited. Bring back Eastman, who also knows where the opposition net is.

Remarkably staying up is still in our own hands!

38 points and still at least 8 more required.

Stevenage A
Crewe H
Salford A
Crawley A
Sutton H
Doncaster A
Mansfield H

48 points to be certain - 46 might just be enough.

A truly sorry state of affairs.

Crewe and Sutton might provide 6 then something at Crawley and Salford.

Grim times.

No it's worse than that. Even if we survive there will be an exodus like no other

Tchamadeu, Chilvers and Tovide will all go.

What signings can we expect. We are advancing backwards.

This might yet go to the last day.

Absolutely shocking.

What a time to hit our worst run of the season.

Come on BG get your finger out and bring us that expansive attacking football that you banged on about not this defensive dross.

Appalling.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 17:48 - Apr 1 with 1020 viewsthrillseeker

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 13:45 - Apr 1 by thrillseeker

My treble is let down by CUFC.

Tovide & Akinde missed golden chances.

My confidence in us staying up has been shattered today and I now fear the worse.
Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 17:48 - Apr 1 with 1019 viewsburnsieespana

Noah as somebody who has maybe seen more games this season than anybody else what is the difference between Broomfield and Garner's mentality? Can't help but feelqe would have won a number of the last 8 games u der Bloomfield.
Player wise I fear we have the worst mix of Brown and Bloomfield's players trying to play differently under Garner who has no choice to 'mix and match' what he hopes will play his style.
They are indeed bleaK days and now we are playing with fear.
We have to fear Hartlepo with I think 5 draws and now a last minute win.
Game both we and Hartlepool have against Crawley are going to be season defining for the three of us.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2023 11:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024