Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's 10:44 - Apr 1 with 1909 viewsdurham_exile

Today sees the Super U’s at home to the Exiles of Newport County.

Now not only is this a must win for BG and his charges but also Graham Coughlan the Newport boss has stoked the fires by referring to big spending Colchester failing to match the hard work, graft and honest players from the Exiles team.

Newport are virtually safe from the drop but I must admit I can’t stand them and it is about time that we put them to the sword.

Harrogate 38 39
COL U 38 37
Crawley 38 37
Hartlepool 38 32
Rochdale 38 26

Realistically with Rochdale gone, it is another one from four possible options.

Remaining Fixtures:

Hartlepool
Swindon H
Grimsby A
Stevenage H
Newport A
Salford A
Crawley H
Barrow H
Stockport A

Crawley
Mansfield A
Bradford H
Barrow A
Tranmere H
COL U H
Hartlepool A
Walsall H
Swindon A

COL U
Newport H
Stevenage A
Crewe H
Salford A
Crawley A
Sutton H
Doncaster A
Mansfield H

Three points from the last 7 games tells its own story for the Super U’s. This has been another year of struggle and failure. Three managers and the run of no wins from 7 games has come at the worst possible time. I remain unconvinced by BG and I curse Wyscum for allowing GA to go to QPR and then to lure MB back to the Chairboys. Still, we are where we are.

All we can hope is that survival is once again achieved but this must surely be the last year of struggle and abject failure. The supporters deserve better and the squad are becoming perennial underachievers.

If I were BG I would pin a copy of the Exiles pre match notes in the dressing room and no words would surely be necessary to motivate the team to a victory.

In fact I’m going for a comfortable 4-0 win over the Exiles to ease the nerves enhance the GD and move closer to survival. A win today would only require two more victories and we could have survival sewn up before the Crawley game.

I have Salford, Doncaster and the final game against Mansfield to endure (sorry enjoy!). Tickets available soon for the Away games.

Newport of course have Joe Dunne in their ranks now supporting the odious Coughlan.

Team easy (providing Cole Skuse is fit):

O’Hara

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Ashley Skuse Kazeem

Chilvers

Tovide Hopper

Subs

Smith Read Fevrier Jay Akinde Newby Greenidge

Finally, whoever sanctioned Tom Eastman’s loan to one of our relegation rivals should be shot.

And if the Monkey Hangers go down we should sign Dan Kemp in the summer.

Weather today light rain, 9 degrees Celsius and cloudy at times. Pitch which looked poor last week hopefully will have benefitted from some TLC this week.

Try and enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 18:23 - Apr 1 with 593 viewsthrillseeker

Now I have calmed down a little all I can say is we were very poor

Tovide - missed a good chance after a brilliant run but overall was poor

Hopper - very poor

The partnership of Tovide/ Hopper does not look like it works now or in the future. What does Garner see in this partnership

O'Hara - bizarrely kept us in the game but overall he looked so shaky and makes very poor decisions. I worried every time a cross/ corner went into box

Positives from today

Read - played well and quite rightly MOTM

We did not lose
Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 19:46 - Apr 1 with 545 viewsbwildered

Sadly the conditions got the better of both poor teams . U’s cannot score from open play, with there best effort coming from a free kick.
Three managers in a season is becoming to show in formats and set pieces. Two points dropped, while if this game was played against a play off opponents, a single point would have been welcome.
While O Hara pulled off a fine save to kept us level. does not dominate the six yard box, which puts pressure on the defence then playing to deep .
Connor Hall class against the rest of the side, will be player of the season next year, unless can find a twenty goal player.
Crawley becomes a must not lose game.
Final game thrills beckon, get your meds up to date .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 06:40 - Apr 2 with 470 viewsnoah4x4

Garner is more attack minded, and we are looking much better than under MB/Humes. The problem is in the final third. Hopper hasn’t a clue where the goal is and needs to be rested. Akinde doesn’t have 90 minutes in him. Tovide shows great promise, but frustratingly now has a reputation for skulduggery and gets zero protection from referees. Sears can’t be judged on short cameos from the bench.

The Midfield, Chilvers apart, seem to have been instructed do not shoot, it’s not your job. We are no longer picking up goals from center-halves (bring back Eastman?). Yesterday, Kelleher was held, tugged, tripped, and how we didn’t get a penalty escapes me. Defensively, we are looking more sound, but both sides got lucky yesterday when it looked easier to score than not. The damp pitch and ghastly wind perhaps impacted more than fans anticipated. I can’t see us picking up anything against Stevenage away, so the fixtures against Crewe and Crawley take on even greater must win importance. Sadly, I fear we are going down and one man is responsible for four years of decline, the Director of Football. Humes Out!
Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 14:14 - Apr 2 with 418 viewsbwildered

Sadly we are not playing any better than the run ins for the last two seasons , despite on paper having a better squad.
Incidentally, I cannot recall having seen in senior football before yesterday, Newport keeper Day clearing a U’s corner directly from the right, kicking a half volley clearance away on the edge of the six yard box. Most unusual.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 18:15 - Apr 2 with 391 viewsmfb_cufc

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 14:14 - Apr 2 by bwildered

Sadly we are not playing any better than the run ins for the last two seasons , despite on paper having a better squad.
Incidentally, I cannot recall having seen in senior football before yesterday, Newport keeper Day clearing a U’s corner directly from the right, kicking a half volley clearance away on the edge of the six yard box. Most unusual.

For those who think we are going down. You can get 8/1 with SkyBet for us to be relegated.

If you think we are staying up, that 8/1 is a decent insurance policy, just in case. This is the way I have gone.

mfb

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 10:52 - Apr 8 with 277 viewsmfb_cufc

Exiles to be humbled at the JCS by the Super U's on 18:15 - Apr 2 by mfb_cufc

For those who think we are going down. You can get 8/1 with SkyBet for us to be relegated.

If you think we are staying up, that 8/1 is a decent insurance policy, just in case. This is the way I have gone.

Still a generous 13/2 with SkyBet.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024