Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust meetings 12:47 - Apr 3 with 27450 viewsD_Alien

The newsletter has dropped, and the plan is for three open meetings in late April / early May, but no date(s) fixed yet

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust meetings on 14:01 - Apr 17 with 6410 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust meetings on 13:32 - Apr 17 by 442Dale

Interview with the chairman, 8/6/22:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/june/watch_simongaugeinterview_070622/

Off the pitch matters: including the mortgage being paid off from 03:45.

Unbelievable how quickly the towel was thrown in, such a massive change of heart. The decision to rip up the model and theoretically put the club back up for sale was announced just over 7 months after this interview. It's no wonder the fans are asking questions, they've every right to do..SEVEN months!
Trust meetings on 15:00 - Apr 17 with 6313 viewskel

Trust meetings on 07:11 - Apr 17 by frenzied

You make some excellent points.

As for reading the forum ..i think to be fair its representative of less than 3% of the Dale support , a good 30% of the comments are tripe, made up ,speculation, pure lies and antagonistic ..so id ignore it as well!!!

I very much take it with a pinch of salt when people at the club claim not to read the forum. It would be breaking trust to provide examples but I can assure you that they do, including those that try to claim they don’t. I hate using the word ‘fact’ on an opinion based forum but it’s, erm, fact.

And why wouldn’t they? Surely if there was a forum where your work was analysed by a number of people, the curiosity would likely get the better of you. Players read it, staff read it and the board read it. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluded.
Trust meetings on 16:14 - Apr 17 with 6212 viewsforeverhopefulDale

The Trust should, as well as other supporters who hold large shareholdings make it clear that they will always use their votes to block any moves that are detrimental to the Dale, especially on issues like the Morriss amendment on the issue of the ground, even if it goes against the wishes of the largest shareholder or BOD. Obviously any such votes would be carried out on the basis of a vote of the Trust membership. That to me is one of the key reasons to remain a Trust member, and why I think that the Trust should increase its shareholding as and when possible, as long as it has the finances to do so.

With the above made clear, in conjunction with the Morris amendment, surely it would put off many from attempting to take over the club for devious reasons . It shouldn't however put off genuine investment from those who do have the Dale at heart, and may wish to come to an arrangement that suits both the Club and them , like for instance profit sharing in a area of the business like the bars, or training facilities that could be hired out. I do realise we don't have many rich people in Rochdale who support the Dale, but of course there's always the hope of a big Euromillions win , or a suitably well off group of well off supporters getting together.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 16:22]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Trust meetings on 16:35 - Apr 17 with 6161 viewsfrenzied

Trust meetings on 15:00 - Apr 17 by kel

I very much take it with a pinch of salt when people at the club claim not to read the forum. It would be breaking trust to provide examples but I can assure you that they do, including those that try to claim they don’t. I hate using the word ‘fact’ on an opinion based forum but it’s, erm, fact.

And why wouldn’t they? Surely if there was a forum where your work was analysed by a number of people, the curiosity would likely get the better of you. Players read it, staff read it and the board read it. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluded.

I take your point

Its poss a generational thing...the young of today seek likes and approval at all times as a sort of peer acknowledgement of their behaviours , appearance etc etc.

Those of us longer in the tooth seek no such process.

This forum has little influence on the decisions taken at the club..the hierarchy may massage the egos of those posting various comments but quite rightly will make decisions based on what they see as facts.

A case of the dog wags the tail ..not the other way round
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 16:36]
Trust meetings on 16:36 - Apr 17 with 6157 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust meetings on 16:14 - Apr 17 by foreverhopefulDale

The Trust should, as well as other supporters who hold large shareholdings make it clear that they will always use their votes to block any moves that are detrimental to the Dale, especially on issues like the Morriss amendment on the issue of the ground, even if it goes against the wishes of the largest shareholder or BOD. Obviously any such votes would be carried out on the basis of a vote of the Trust membership. That to me is one of the key reasons to remain a Trust member, and why I think that the Trust should increase its shareholding as and when possible, as long as it has the finances to do so.

With the above made clear, in conjunction with the Morris amendment, surely it would put off many from attempting to take over the club for devious reasons . It shouldn't however put off genuine investment from those who do have the Dale at heart, and may wish to come to an arrangement that suits both the Club and them , like for instance profit sharing in a area of the business like the bars, or training facilities that could be hired out. I do realise we don't have many rich people in Rochdale who support the Dale, but of course there's always the hope of a big Euromillions win , or a suitably well off group of well off supporters getting together.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 16:22]

We keep coming back to the word communication, the last thing we need is a big fall out at the club. The Chairman and Directors are well within their rights to want their financial outlay back.It's obvious they have no desire to push the club forward so it's best for all concerned that some sort of plan is formulised to buy their shares. I don't have a clue how the shareholders/ fans would do it, there is probably money in the stadium/ land, maybe the Council will help the Trust/ fans. The Town stands to lose both its football and rugby club, so they would be under pressure to do so. Maybe there are local businessmen who can help with the purchase and want to get involved. It's very difficult to plan anything though when there's no communication from the top. Their preference is obviously just to bypass everybody and find their own investor.
Trust meetings on 20:08 - Apr 17 with 5980 viewskel

Trust meetings on 16:35 - Apr 17 by frenzied

I take your point

Its poss a generational thing...the young of today seek likes and approval at all times as a sort of peer acknowledgement of their behaviours , appearance etc etc.

Those of us longer in the tooth seek no such process.

This forum has little influence on the decisions taken at the club..the hierarchy may massage the egos of those posting various comments but quite rightly will make decisions based on what they see as facts.

A case of the dog wags the tail ..not the other way round
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 16:36]

I wasn’t going to post this but I’m growing more disillusioned by the hour.

Very early in this new boards tenure, a director went on this sites podcast and stated he doesn’t read forums as they make him angry and seemed to imply that only the people who put their money where their mouth is (ie the board) should have an opinion on club matters. It rang immediate alarm bells with me and I mentioned it to a few people at the time. I put it to one side though because of the task they’d taken on but thinking back, it’s actually pissed me off somewhat. As TS has alluded to, that seems to be the general thinking at the club now and, in hindsight, it was there at the very start.
Trust meetings on 20:20 - Apr 17 with 5941 viewsRodingdale

Trust meetings on 20:08 - Apr 17 by kel

I wasn’t going to post this but I’m growing more disillusioned by the hour.

Very early in this new boards tenure, a director went on this sites podcast and stated he doesn’t read forums as they make him angry and seemed to imply that only the people who put their money where their mouth is (ie the board) should have an opinion on club matters. It rang immediate alarm bells with me and I mentioned it to a few people at the time. I put it to one side though because of the task they’d taken on but thinking back, it’s actually pissed me off somewhat. As TS has alluded to, that seems to be the general thinking at the club now and, in hindsight, it was there at the very start.

Well that Director is learning the hard way that ignoring your customers/ fans will have an adverse effect on his share price.
Trust meetings on 20:37 - Apr 17 with 5887 viewsTomRAFC

Trust meetings on 16:36 - Apr 17 by TalkingSutty

We keep coming back to the word communication, the last thing we need is a big fall out at the club. The Chairman and Directors are well within their rights to want their financial outlay back.It's obvious they have no desire to push the club forward so it's best for all concerned that some sort of plan is formulised to buy their shares. I don't have a clue how the shareholders/ fans would do it, there is probably money in the stadium/ land, maybe the Council will help the Trust/ fans. The Town stands to lose both its football and rugby club, so they would be under pressure to do so. Maybe there are local businessmen who can help with the purchase and want to get involved. It's very difficult to plan anything though when there's no communication from the top. Their preference is obviously just to bypass everybody and find their own investor.

If money is being spent on shares, I'd rather someone bought the shares released at the EGM so the money goes into the club.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust meetings on 19:42 - Apr 19 with 5535 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust meetings on 22:44 - Apr 20 with 5192 views442Dale

Firstly, it was a really good turnout tonight, and it’s imperative that if you have something to contribute that attending future meetings would be a really good idea.

The main take from the evening was how positive and supportive fans are of their club in a desire to improve things. There was a commitment from the Trust to report back on all questions and ideas raised and a real emphasis from those present that, on some subjects, those answers would not only be necessary to illustrate how supportive the club are to the work of the Trust, but also to communicating as openly as possible with the fan base.

The ball will be firmly in the club’s court now, and if you can attend next Wednesday or on the 1st please try to get along if you have something you have opinions on yourself.

Obviously the current situation and the direction of the club were paramount in everyone’s minds. If we aren’t any clearer on this in a couple of weeks after the meetings feed back, then it would be a real concern.

The contributions from all present were good. I’m not just saying it, but it’s only to be hoped similar types of commitment and ideas are present on a daily basis at Spotland. If they are on things like communication, matchday experience, increasing the fan base, the club shop, then we’d be in a very good place.

There’s a decent argument that as far as engaging supporters and Trust members is concerned, tonight surpasses anything that we’ve seen over the years. Of course, it’s what happens next that will illustrate if the work both the Trust board and supporters put in actually has an impact and it helps the football club and all Dale supporters.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 23:13]

Trust meetings on 23:52 - Apr 20 with 5066 viewsD_Alien

Trust meetings on 22:44 - Apr 20 by 442Dale

Firstly, it was a really good turnout tonight, and it’s imperative that if you have something to contribute that attending future meetings would be a really good idea.

The main take from the evening was how positive and supportive fans are of their club in a desire to improve things. There was a commitment from the Trust to report back on all questions and ideas raised and a real emphasis from those present that, on some subjects, those answers would not only be necessary to illustrate how supportive the club are to the work of the Trust, but also to communicating as openly as possible with the fan base.

The ball will be firmly in the club’s court now, and if you can attend next Wednesday or on the 1st please try to get along if you have something you have opinions on yourself.

Obviously the current situation and the direction of the club were paramount in everyone’s minds. If we aren’t any clearer on this in a couple of weeks after the meetings feed back, then it would be a real concern.

The contributions from all present were good. I’m not just saying it, but it’s only to be hoped similar types of commitment and ideas are present on a daily basis at Spotland. If they are on things like communication, matchday experience, increasing the fan base, the club shop, then we’d be in a very good place.

There’s a decent argument that as far as engaging supporters and Trust members is concerned, tonight surpasses anything that we’ve seen over the years. Of course, it’s what happens next that will illustrate if the work both the Trust board and supporters put in actually has an impact and it helps the football club and all Dale supporters.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 23:13]

Yep, better attended than i was expecting

Seeking to get to the very core of the issues that've been raised on here (and no doubt elsewhere) wasn't easy, but i think we got quite near in the end despite a couple of uncomfortable moments when the more difficult issues were being addressed - no point in having the meetings unless they're included

I'm expecting to see that reflected when the outcomes are communicated

Can i give a shout out to the "Anything else?" table in the second half. I learned a significant amount in that 15-20 minutes due to honest and straightforward discussion, which was how it should be

Trust meetings on 08:45 - Apr 21 with 4833 viewsfitzochris

It's also worth mentioning that exile members can have their say too, via a form that has been emailed.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Trust meetings on 20:53 - Apr 21 with 4366 views442Dale

Thread available here with a bit of a review from last night.

In an attempt to give an example of how things worked last night and touching upon the Trust’s tweet where they comment on the work required once the meetings are completed, there was a group discussing ‘Process for feedback’. Plenty of easily achievable structures were suggested that could be put in place with a simple agreement from the club.
As there was a particular emphasis on getting responses as quickly as possible on the most important subjects (ownership structure being the most obvious), the following was put forward:

- supporter contacts the Trust with an issue, they are given the option on every occasion to receive a personal and/or public response on the Trust website.
- the Trust send this issue into the club inviting a written response.
- the club’s written response, whether this be detailed/an “unable to comment” is reported in full.

Any instances of no responses within the club charter timescales would also be reported by the Trust to the individual/via their website. This process to be followed in every instance.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 20:54]

Trust meetings on 21:30 - Apr 24 with 3968 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/04/report-from-first-supporters-meeting/

Report from the first meeting. If you can, please try and attend future meetings.
As reported earlier in the thread, it’s indicative of how positive, forward thinking and proactive supporters were on the evening and are in general. It’s a crying shame that we feel so disengaged and that’s leads to…

On the back of the club’s statement on Saturday when they remarked on “reengaging” with supporters, there are already a lot of questions in there that will require detailed answers as soon as possible.

There is no debate or ifs and buts on that.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 21:36]

Trust meetings on 15:53 - Apr 26 with 3586 viewsChaffRAFC

Just bumping this ahead of tonights meeting.

Couldn't make last week's meeting but looking forward to hearing what is said tonight.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Trust meetings on 19:47 - Apr 30 with 3210 views442Dale

Details of tomorrow’s third and final meeting. Also link to what was brought up at the second meeting.

If you haven’t been so far and can get along, please try to do so.

Trust meetings on 20:00 - Apr 30 with 3168 viewsD_Alien

Trust meetings on 19:47 - Apr 30 by 442Dale

Details of tomorrow’s third and final meeting. Also link to what was brought up at the second meeting.

If you haven’t been so far and can get along, please try to do so.

Bloody hell, was that second meeting an all-nighter?

Trust meetings on 21:55 - Apr 30 with 2988 viewsDalenet

Trust meetings on 20:00 - Apr 30 by D_Alien

Bloody hell, was that second meeting an all-nighter?

Plenty of thoughts and ideas to digest. Brilliant stuff and pleased people can submit ideas online if they are not local
Trust meetings on 18:15 - May 1 with 2639 viewsblackdogblue

Anyone read the Trust Newsletter yet?

Surprised to see Kieth Hicks on a picture following recent events…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Trust meetings on 18:41 - May 1 with 2574 viewsstandale

Trust meetings on 18:15 - May 1 by blackdogblue

Anyone read the Trust Newsletter yet?

Surprised to see Kieth Hicks on a picture following recent events…

why? it was the curry night, keith is still a member of the trust bored isn’t he. so why wouldn’t he be there
Trust meetings on 19:58 - May 1 with 2394 viewsblackdogblue

Your spelling needs attention mate…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Trust meetings on 20:37 - May 1 with 2260 viewsstandale

Trust meetings on 19:58 - May 1 by blackdogblue

Your spelling needs attention mate…

apolojeez, im dicklexsick MATE
Trust meetings on 09:23 - May 13 with 1636 viewsJames1980

To save me reading through the updates again does anyone recall if it was asked whether a subscription service like the one Wycombe Wanderers have could be looked into? I don't recall seeing any mention of such an idea. (perhaps it isn't a very good one) https://www.wwfc.com/tickets/subscriptions/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Trust meetings on 13:01 - May 13 with 1482 views49thseason

Trust meetings on 09:23 - May 13 by James1980

To save me reading through the updates again does anyone recall if it was asked whether a subscription service like the one Wycombe Wanderers have could be looked into? I don't recall seeing any mention of such an idea. (perhaps it isn't a very good one) https://www.wwfc.com/tickets/subscriptions/

Its an interesting idea, my question would be this.. have theý simply split the cost of the ST by12 monthly payments or is it cheaper or more expensive?
Obviously it simply rolls on from year to year which maybe helps to makemit easier for people who buy every year but maybe a bit of a faff if you have to cancel it?
It would be interesting to try and get their analysis of how well it works.

Thinking about this , I wondered why we dont offer a super-ticket which gives access to every game (cups, youth etc,) for say an extra £25. It seems to me that one of the problems with electronic ticketing is that everyone who has a season card has to buy another ticket to watch a cup match causing queues at the ticket office and the likelihood that many CBA who might have just rolled up and paid cash.
Trust meetings on 14:54 - May 13 with 1378 viewsJames1980

Trust meetings on 13:01 - May 13 by 49thseason

Its an interesting idea, my question would be this.. have theý simply split the cost of the ST by12 monthly payments or is it cheaper or more expensive?
Obviously it simply rolls on from year to year which maybe helps to makemit easier for people who buy every year but maybe a bit of a faff if you have to cancel it?
It would be interesting to try and get their analysis of how well it works.

Thinking about this , I wondered why we dont offer a super-ticket which gives access to every game (cups, youth etc,) for say an extra £25. It seems to me that one of the problems with electronic ticketing is that everyone who has a season card has to buy another ticket to watch a cup match causing queues at the ticket office and the likelihood that many CBA who might have just rolled up and paid cash.

'There are no credit checks, no questions asked, no admin fees and no interest charged. You just pay 1/12th of the value of your season ticket each month, and if the club chooses to amend the price of the season ticket, you'll receive plenty of advance notice.'

Perhaps someone from our trust could make contact with someone in theirs to see how it has been working out.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024