Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS 10:14 - Apr 10 with 2134 viewsdurham_exile

Hyperbole surrounds today’s game against the Railwaymen and I’m going to add to it.

The most important game of the season, a must win, a must not lose under any circumstances.

No win in nine despite four successive draws has seen our gap over the two worst teams in the league disappear. The pressure is now on the U’s to secure the three points against Crewe today.

The reverse fixture at Gresty Road was attended by among others Wessex and I. MB was in charge then and we fought hard but could not score a goal that our domination deserved. Result a breakaway goal saw Agyei score and we lost 1-0. Yes this is the ultimate game requiring a home win.

Goal difference could yet come into this wretched season.

Harrogate 39 40 -12
COL U 40 39 -12
Crawley 40 38 -21
Hartlepool 40 38-22
Rochdale 40 32-23

Harrogate
Orient A
Doncaster H
Walsall H
Northampton A
Newport A
Mansfield A
Rochdale H

Hartlepool
Stevenage H
Newport A
Salford A
Crawley H
Barrow H
Stockport A

Crawley
Barrow A
Tranmere H
COL U H
Hartlepool A
Walsall H
Swindon A

COL U
Crewe H
Salford A
Crawley A
Sutton H
Doncaster A
Mansfield H

Rochdale
Mansfield A
Bradford H
Tranmere H
Stockport A
Sutton H
Harrogate A

Rochdale remain favourites for the drop but the Monkey Hangers have found some form with Dan Kemp (my favourite and a U’s target score 9 goals in 12 games). Our game at Crawley has now taken on gargantuan proportions. In fact, we now have 6 Cup finals to retain our League status.

I will be at three of the final six games and can watch the game today on iFollow and next Tuesday’s game at Crawley. Definitely not for persons of a nervous disposition.

So, what team will BG put out today.

Try this.

O’Hara

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Skuse Ashley Read

Chilvers

Tovide Fevrier

Subs
Smith, Jay, Akinde, Marshall Miranda, Newby, Hopper, Wood

Tom Hopper has lost confidence in front of goal but he does hold the ball up well.
Therefore, bench him and bring the two youngsters in and give them free rein to run at the Railwaymen. If Cole Skuse is fit bring him back in. His ability in the midfield has been sorely missed.

On the subject of motivational speeches, I’ve pinched this from Any Given Sunday.

“I’ll tell you this, in any fight it’s the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I’m gonna have any life anymore it’s because I’m still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that’s what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can’t make you do it. You’ve got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think you going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him.”

Can Ben Garner be Tony D’Amato today, we will know by 4.55pm.

Weather today 13 degrees Celsius, mild and light rain. A gentle breeze perhaps.

Don’t forget for those of you who cannot get to this vital and crucial game it is available on iFollow.

Let us hope for a bumper Bank Holiday crowd at the JCS. Enjoy the game.

Scoreline 3-0 Colchester (it’s about time).

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:36 - Apr 10 with 657 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:31 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Gerry that's why I'm bottom of the prediction league.

I want five today now!

Fevrier on for Tovide

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:42 - Apr 10 with 641 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:36 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Fevrier on for Tovide

Up the U's

Come on the U's
Good news for the GD .

Smith has been really good in Goal.

Read was brilliant.

Carry this on at Moor Lane next week.

Start Fevrier and Tovide up front next week.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:46 - Apr 10 with 639 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:42 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Come on the U's
Good news for the GD .

Smith has been really good in Goal.

Read was brilliant.

Carry this on at Moor Lane next week.

Start Fevrier and Tovide up front next week.

Up the U's

We want 5

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:50 - Apr 10 with 629 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:46 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

We want 5

6 additional minutes

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:55 - Apr 10 with 626 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:50 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

6 additional minutes

Come on the U's

Outstanding today.

Still need 6 more points for safety.

Great performance today.

Up the U's

Akinde got MOTM but Read was great too.

4,000 crowd

All good news

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:57 - Apr 10 with 621 viewsburnsieespana

Excellent result.
BG starting to impose his attacking ideas by looks of stats. We can't have had as many shots on goal in any previous game this season.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 17:38]
Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:59 - Apr 10 with 618 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:57 - Apr 10 by burnsieespana

Excellent result.
BG starting to impose his attacking ideas by looks of stats. We can't have had as many shots on goal in any previous game this season.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 17:38]

Good to see BG celebrating with the fans at the end of the game.

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 17:03 - Apr 10 with 617 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:59 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Good to see BG celebrating with the fans at the end of the game.

COL U 41 42 -8
Harrogate 40 41 -12
Hartlepool 41 39 -22
Crawley 41 38 -25
Rochdale 41 33 -23

That makes for better reading.
Still need min of 6 more points.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 17:05 - Apr 10 with 613 viewswessex_exile

Been keeping tabs on this throughout Easter Monday with the family - easy, simple as that.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 17:45 - Apr 10 with 581 viewsnoah4x4

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:11 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Brilliant news Gerry.

In other news is it true that we no longer have a full time groundsman at the JCS.

Long term (30+ years) award winning U’s groundsman, Dave Blacknall, now delivers groceries for Tesco. He departed the club in July 2021.

There isn’t any ‘Head Groundsman’ listed in the lengthy list of employees shown on the club website, and I suspect that the club (or possibly Colchester Borough Council as landlords?) might employ third party ground staff contractors. That is certainly true of Castle Park (cricket, bowls etc) and at some other Colchester ‘community’ sports venues. Frankly, the pitch looks dreadful!
Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 17:56 - Apr 10 with 572 viewsthrillseeker

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 14:36 - Apr 10 by mfb_cufc

A late change in the U's starting line-up - Tom Smith is between the sticks in place of the injured Kieran O'Hara

Tom Smith did what he had to do with confidence with one particular good save.

His kicking was very impressive

Did he do enough to retain his place?

I thought Ashley was immense today and just about shaded MOTM for me over Read
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 17:57]
Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 17:57 - Apr 10 with 571 viewsbwildered

Visitors were the worst team at JCS this season . But can only beat what we are confronted with, but a good team effort throughout and a great confidence boaster for the front men . Good subs used by the boss and nice to follow up the away point with the three at home.
Work still to do has sides around the bottom are now starting to pick up regular points.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 18:55 - Apr 10 with 540 viewsLeadbelly

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 17:45 - Apr 10 by noah4x4

Long term (30+ years) award winning U’s groundsman, Dave Blacknall, now delivers groceries for Tesco. He departed the club in July 2021.

There isn’t any ‘Head Groundsman’ listed in the lengthy list of employees shown on the club website, and I suspect that the club (or possibly Colchester Borough Council as landlords?) might employ third party ground staff contractors. That is certainly true of Castle Park (cricket, bowls etc) and at some other Colchester ‘community’ sports venues. Frankly, the pitch looks dreadful!

Pitch “maintained” by outside contractors. It shows.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 19:05 - Apr 10 with 530 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 17:45 - Apr 10 by noah4x4

Noah thanks for the info.

The pitch is threadbare.

Very poor condition.

Worth investing in a full time groundsman.

Is Tony Humes a gardener?

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 19:09 - Apr 10 with 527 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 17:57 - Apr 10 by bwildered

Visitors were the worst team at JCS this season . But can only beat what we are confronted with, but a good team effort throughout and a great confidence boaster for the front men . Good subs used by the boss and nice to follow up the away point with the three at home.
Work still to do has sides around the bottom are now starting to pick up regular points.

bwildered I think Doncaster were worse.

But the old maxim you can only beat the team that lines up against you.

The main thing is that we won the game and won it convincingly.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 19:11 - Apr 10 with 524 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 17:56 - Apr 10 by thrillseeker

Tom Smith did what he had to do with confidence with one particular good save.

His kicking was very impressive

Did he do enough to retain his place?

I thought Ashley was immense today and just about shaded MOTM for me over Read
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 17:57]

TS can kick well with both feet.

I agree give him the starting berth at Salford.

Read and Ashley were both vying for MOTM but Big John got the nod.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 19:52 - Apr 10 with 496 viewsbwildered

Just a quick mention regards the keepers playing in todays game. Both on loan from PL clubs Arsenal & Brighton, Tom Smith keeping a clean sheet on his club debut , after O Hara getting injured in the pre match , so congrats to him , and visitors keeper Beadle, who’s brother plays in defence for the U’s U21’s and on loan at Isthmian side Bishop Stortford.
Newby was promoted to the bench, so no reserve keeper in the line up, wonder which outfielder fancied donning the gloves if required, a role once fulfilled by Peter Cawley and Big Roy .
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 19:53]

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 22:44 - Apr 10 with 460 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 19:52 - Apr 10 by bwildered

Just a quick mention regards the keepers playing in todays game. Both on loan from PL clubs Arsenal & Brighton, Tom Smith keeping a clean sheet on his club debut , after O Hara getting injured in the pre match , so congrats to him , and visitors keeper Beadle, who’s brother plays in defence for the U’s U21’s and on loan at Isthmian side Bishop Stortford.
Newby was promoted to the bench, so no reserve keeper in the line up, wonder which outfielder fancied donning the gloves if required, a role once fulfilled by Peter Cawley and Big Roy .
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 19:53]

Couple of interesting links there. Would have to be Kelleher surely?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 22:56 - Apr 10 with 456 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 22:44 - Apr 10 by RSCOSWORTH

Couple of interesting links there. Would have to be Kelleher surely?

Certainly wouldn't have been Matt Jay!

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 10:37 - Apr 11 with 392 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 18:55 - Apr 10 by Leadbelly

Pitch “maintained” by outside contractors. It shows.

Not sure how true this is, but I was told that the greenkeepers from Forrester Park also look after the pitch at the stadium now. I did see a tractor randomly drive into the stadium a few weeks ago.

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 11:19 - Apr 11 with 382 viewswessex_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 10:37 - Apr 11 by RSCOSWORTH

Not sure how true this is, but I was told that the greenkeepers from Forrester Park also look after the pitch at the stadium now. I did see a tractor randomly drive into the stadium a few weeks ago.

That would have been one of the Ipswich scouts turning up to check out Chilvers and Tchamadeu

Think you're right about Kelleher btw, probably the best fit we have to combine height and agility as a stand-in 'keeper. Definitely not Matt Jay Durham, you're right there

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 12:21 - Apr 11 with 372 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 11:19 - Apr 11 by wessex_exile

That would have been one of the Ipswich scouts turning up to check out Chilvers and Tchamadeu

Think you're right about Kelleher btw, probably the best fit we have to combine height and agility as a stand-in 'keeper. Definitely not Matt Jay Durham, you're right there

Ha Ha! Probably!

And his brother is pretty good between the sticks as well.

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 17:00 - Apr 11 with 333 viewsbwildered

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 11:19 - Apr 11 by wessex_exile

Answers the the name John Deere no doubt.

Will definitely have his work cut out with Florence Park and probably Maldon & Tiptree also to maintain has well has the golf club . Not much time to visit the 19th .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024