Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Reactions 18:58 - Apr 22 with 12177 viewsShun

From anyone who attended today (I was working but I admit I wouldn’t have gone anyway), I’m curious what the reaction from the players was once relegation was confirmed? Was it another typical loss, a half-hearted applause to the fans and then off down the tunnel? Or did any of them seem to care? I want to know that some of them were bloody gutted. Knees on the floor, lost a cup final type gutted.

Although reports of Mellor laughing and shushing the away crowd at FT don’t give me much hope.
Player Reactions on 19:02 - Apr 22 with 7201 viewsEllDale

If Mellor did that he needs fooking off straight back to Wycombe or whatever stone he lives under.
Player Reactions on 19:09 - Apr 22 with 7130 viewsClivert

Mellor runs around alot but isn't going to be a footballer as long as he's got a hole in his arse.
Player Reactions on 19:11 - Apr 22 with 7117 viewskel

All this dropping down devastated at the final whistle when relegation is confirmed is cliched bollocks anyway. Where was the devastation after the previous 43 games?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 19:13]
Player Reactions on 20:00 - Apr 22 with 6885 viewsrich_dale

Not really relevant to this thread but had no idea EOC was now at Wrexham
Player Reactions on 20:02 - Apr 22 with 6860 viewsTrev

Player Reactions on 19:11 - Apr 22 by kel

All this dropping down devastated at the final whistle when relegation is confirmed is cliched bollocks anyway. Where was the devastation after the previous 43 games?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 19:13]

Easy to think players don't care when they've just been relegated. Every relegated team in history has been accused of the same thing. The reality is we probably have 4-5 players in the entire squad who are EFL standard and we had even less pre-January. Throw in below average management and you have the perfect recipe for a shit sandwich.
Player Reactions on 20:03 - Apr 22 with 6852 viewsTVOS1907

Player Reactions on 20:00 - Apr 22 by rich_dale

Not really relevant to this thread but had no idea EOC was now at Wrexham

Joined them at the end of the January transfer window.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Player Reactions on 20:05 - Apr 22 with 6829 viewskel

Player Reactions on 20:02 - Apr 22 by Trev

Easy to think players don't care when they've just been relegated. Every relegated team in history has been accused of the same thing. The reality is we probably have 4-5 players in the entire squad who are EFL standard and we had even less pre-January. Throw in below average management and you have the perfect recipe for a shit sandwich.

I didn’t say any of them didn’t care. However, some of them clearly don’t and that’s been seen in their body language all season.
Player Reactions on 20:07 - Apr 22 with 6803 viewsfrenzied

Player Reactions on 20:02 - Apr 22 by Trev

Nail on the head....
Login to get fewer ads

Player Reactions on 20:08 - Apr 22 with 6791 views49thseason

Player Reactions on 20:05 - Apr 22 by kel

I didn’t say any of them didn’t care. However, some of them clearly don’t and that’s been seen in their body language all season.

Good job there are relegation clauses in their contracts then.....
Player Reactions on 20:14 - Apr 22 with 6738 viewsD_Alien

Hendo can call it a day, with the Dale scoring record secured

When we're not creating chances, he's now neither use nor ornament and i really don't think he'd relish the NL

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Player Reactions on 20:20 - Apr 22 with 6694 viewsEllDale

Player Reactions on 20:08 - Apr 22 by 49thseason

Good job there are relegation clauses in their contracts then.....

I’d like to think that this is definitely the case, especially with regards to some of the players alleged to be on good money who only warm the bench every week.
Player Reactions on 20:42 - Apr 22 with 6580 views_Windydale

As others said, some have not cared all season, it's during games, important ones, showing lack of desire was more to be p1ssed off about. To not show remorse or to visibly appear gutted at the end today, doesn't matter to me. Damage already done.
Player Reactions on 20:51 - Apr 22 with 6521 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Frankly I couldn’t give a flying fook how those wasters feel.
Player Reactions on 21:22 - Apr 22 with 6347 viewsLaveritty

If Jim thought the atmosphere was toxic last week then he would have had a rude awakening today! Some of the chants coming from the ‘younger element’ of our ‘support’ was vitriolic and at times embarrassing!

EEL got dog’s abuse again all game and I feel that he showed great restraint in not reacting. Also not sure whether I misheard but before I put it out there can anyone else confirm if there was a chant aimed at ROD midway through the second half and if so what was the reason?

It was symptomatic of our season that Rochdale’s last act before the curtain fell on our membership of the Football League was to commit a foul throw immediately before the final whistle! Basics!

At the final whistle the players initially hung around at the side of the pitch furthest away from the Dale fans. Presumably they were unsure whether to come across to us because of the possibility of ugly scenes? When they did wander over there was a sheepish acknowledgement and most of the fans responded similarly! The exception being the yoof who continued to hurl their abuse at the players!
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 21:24]

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Player Reactions on 21:22 - Apr 22 with 6344 views49thseason

BBC....

Rochdale interim boss Jim McNulty:

"First and foremost I'm absolutely devastated. I just feel so sorry for the fans because I know all about the long history of this club and to be going out of the league after more than 100 years is devastating.

"It's been a long, horrible season and at this moment I'm just really hurting, as we all are. I can totally understand the fans' anger and frustration but it's been on the cards.

"To be honest the fans were amazing, even though we showed very little as a team, particularly in the first half. I was fuming at half-time and I told the players. It just wasn't acceptable. From a confidence and a courage perspective, it just wasn't there. We rallied a bit in the second half but it was just a rally of confidence. We didn't threaten or hurt Stockport.

"The football club as a whole needs to be accountable for this. Too many things have gone wrong this season and this is the result."
Player Reactions on 21:27 - Apr 22 with 6311 viewsjoecooke

Player Reactions on 21:22 - Apr 22 by 49thseason

BBC....

"First and foremost I'm absolutely devastated. I just feel so sorry for the fans because I know all about the long history of this club and to be going out of the league after more than 100 years is devastating.

"It's been a long, horrible season and at this moment I'm just really hurting, as we all are. I can totally understand the fans' anger and frustration but it's been on the cards.

"To be honest the fans were amazing, even though we showed very little as a team, particularly in the first half. I was fuming at half-time and I told the players. It just wasn't acceptable. From a confidence and a courage perspective, it just wasn't there. We rallied a bit in the second half but it was just a rally of confidence. We didn't threaten or hurt Stockport.

"The football club as a whole needs to be accountable for this. Too many things have gone wrong this season and this is the result."

Cant argue with that from Jim.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Player Reactions on 21:46 - Apr 22 with 6181 viewsjudd

Player Reactions on 21:22 - Apr 22 by 49thseason

BBC....

So why wait so long to make subs?

And I witnessed ROD tell fans to fook off.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Player Reactions on 21:54 - Apr 22 with 6122 viewsClivert

Player Reactions on 21:46 - Apr 22 by judd

ROD has been so poor this season so poor that Eastwood was brought in to replace him (I'll give ROD the Mansfield performance though!). People are touting him for POTS when really he hasn't been good enough, Bentley was right to try and replace him but just with not another bag of shit.
Player Reactions on 21:55 - Apr 22 with 6107 viewsDaley_Lama

The players all came across to applaud fans for being there.

The Dale fans however had different reactions.

1. Some fans applauded the players as per usual
2. Some fans screamed and shouted at the players at the bottom of the stand with lots of naughty words.
3. Some fans sang ‘you’re not fit to wear the shirt’ then ‘here’s to you Ian Henderson’

It was never going to be anything but hostile from some during/at the end of the match and i fully get that.

Equally i am not surprised at the diverse fans reactions- grief affects people differently.

Singling out one player (EELs) for me is not right but i do get the frustration, anger, etc. i actually thought he defended well today myself.

The players at the end were on a hiding to nothing. Head to the tunnel - cowards. Head to the fans - abuse.

They rightly chose the latter and a young lad got Danny Lloyd’s shirt.

Oh, and Stockport only sang the going down song once i think, they certainly didn’t rub it in anyway as much as our lot would in the reverse situation i suspect. They didn’t look anywhere close to Bradford level but they looked very solid at the back

Poll: DF in or out

Player Reactions on 21:57 - Apr 22 with 6089 viewsEllDale

I’ll stick my head over the parapet and say that, in my opinion, EEL has been no better or
worse than a lot of his colleagues this season.
He’s a stopper centrehalf who’s had next to no midfield protection all season and a series of different players alongside him. Oh and we keep switching systems.
Give him a break, especially chav kids who know fook all about it.
Player Reactions on 21:59 - Apr 22 with 6079 viewsLaveritty

Player Reactions on 21:46 - Apr 22 by judd

Missed that but I guess it explains the chant of “Who’s the w**ker in the green?” that I thought I heard!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Player Reactions on 22:01 - Apr 22 with 6059 viewsTrev

Player Reactions on 21:54 - Apr 22 by Clivert

ROD has been so poor this season so poor that Eastwood was brought in to replace him (I'll give ROD the Mansfield performance though!). People are touting him for POTS when really he hasn't been good enough, Bentley was right to try and replace him but just with not another bag of shit.

Absolute bollocks.
Player Reactions on 22:03 - Apr 22 with 6036 viewsClivert

Player Reactions on 22:01 - Apr 22 by Trev

Absolute bollocks.

It's not, Bentley felt like he had to replace him.
Player Reactions on 22:06 - Apr 22 with 5999 viewsEllDale

I’ve still a sneaking suspicion that the signing of Eastwood was somehow linked to a possible deal for Brierley.
A part way of getting round a transfer embargo?
Player Reactions on 22:13 - Apr 22 with 5947 viewsClivert

Player Reactions on 22:06 - Apr 22 by EllDale

I’ve still a sneaking suspicion that the signing of Eastwood was somehow linked to a possible deal for Brierley.
A part way of getting round a transfer embargo?

Probably quite likely, we benefited really well from that deal!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024