Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong 19:16 - Apr 22 with 6937 viewsHillAndDerry

I thought he made a real difference when he came on today. Chased down long balls superbly and caused problems with his pace and physicality. If he can improve his finishing, I think he could be some player. Great to see his passion for the club shine through at the end as well.
Armstrong on 15:27 - Apr 24 with 1055 viewsdaveB

for all the talk of needing a league one loan he really should have started 15 games this season at least, we wouldn't have been any worse off and he'd be a much better player for it
In the end he's only started 3 games and we won 2 of them
Armstrong on 15:31 - Apr 24 with 1009 viewskensalriser

Eric Sabin was fast and he scared his own team mates a lot more than the opposition.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Armstrong on 15:41 - Apr 24 with 945 viewsAntti_Heinola

Armstrong on 15:27 - Apr 24 by daveB

for all the talk of needing a league one loan he really should have started 15 games this season at least, we wouldn't have been any worse off and he'd be a much better player for it
In the end he's only started 3 games and we won 2 of them

Fitness seems to be a major issue though. I think if he had been fit he'd have played a lot more.

Even so, the last couple of times I've seen him, he has clearly improved since early season. If he can start lasting 90 mins I think he'll play a lot more next season.

Bare bones.

Armstrong on 16:41 - Apr 24 with 846 viewsbosh67

Given that I am never knowingly right and that Seny Dieng has scored more goals this season than young Armstrong I am wondering if he should be properly coached as a winger rather than an out and out forward. That does mean teaching him to cross of course but whenever I have seen him, which is not a lot, he never feels like the most natural striker, but his ability to go wide and get past players with ease is obvious. Thierry Henry had similar pace and started out wide and then after a few seasons of learning the game and being really good out wide started to be allowed to drift inside, which he became the world's best at. I see a similar route for Sinclair in terms of starting him wide.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Armstrong on 17:06 - Apr 24 with 784 viewsEastR

In an ideal world we are safe going into the Bristol game, the sun will shine and Armstrong will score his first goal(s) at the Loft End to sign us off.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Armstrong on 18:15 - Apr 24 with 704 viewsMedwayR

Armstrong on 16:41 - Apr 24 by bosh67

Given that I am never knowingly right and that Seny Dieng has scored more goals this season than young Armstrong I am wondering if he should be properly coached as a winger rather than an out and out forward. That does mean teaching him to cross of course but whenever I have seen him, which is not a lot, he never feels like the most natural striker, but his ability to go wide and get past players with ease is obvious. Thierry Henry had similar pace and started out wide and then after a few seasons of learning the game and being really good out wide started to be allowed to drift inside, which he became the world's best at. I see a similar route for Sinclair in terms of starting him wide.

I thought similar at the start of the season when we played with Willock and Chair either side of Dykes, using Armstrong as a wide forward impact sub to give us something different.

I'm hoping Alfie Lloyd can give us options next season too.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024