Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy anniversary 17:50 - May 6 with 763 viewsBlue4U2

06.05.06 was the day U's were promoted to the Championship
So much has happened in 18 years !
Happy anniversary on 15:03 - May 10 with 671 viewsRSCOSWORTH

And what a day it was too! Seems a long, long way off in many ways now but at least we'll always have the memories.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Happy anniversary on 16:06 - May 10 with 659 viewsthrillseeker

Indeed what a day

I got more points than CUFC that day - caught doing 82mph (tut tut) in a 70 zone
Happy anniversary on 17:17 - May 10 with 648 viewsgerry_us

Happy anniversary on 16:06 - May 10 by thrillseeker

Indeed what a day

I got more points than CUFC that day - caught doing 82mph (tut tut) in a 70 zone

Guess who got head hunted to the USA during our time in the Championship.
The only matches that I made it back for was the thrashing of Phil Parkinson's Hull City 5-1 ; that was some match and thoroughly satisfying. The other match I managed was Sunderland, pretty sure we won that one as well but good to see Mark Hughes looking thoroughly miserable in the dug-out and made the comment after the match that football should not be played in such a shithole as Layer Road. Took the result well didn't he?
Happy anniversary on 18:47 - May 10 with 636 viewsbwildered

Must have been Roy Keane Gerry, who was manager for the Black Cats for both Championship fixtures against the then brilliant U’s.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Happy anniversary on 19:17 - May 10 with 632 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Happy anniversary on 17:17 - May 10 by gerry_us

Guess who got head hunted to the USA during our time in the Championship.
The only matches that I made it back for was the thrashing of Phil Parkinson's Hull City 5-1 ; that was some match and thoroughly satisfying. The other match I managed was Sunderland, pretty sure we won that one as well but good to see Mark Hughes looking thoroughly miserable in the dug-out and made the comment after the match that football should not be played in such a shithole as Layer Road. Took the result well didn't he?

Well you went to a couple of crackers. Sunderland were struggling near the foot of the division but actually ended up winning the league. Our 3-1 victory at Layer Road over the eventual champions would be our final win of the season.

Happy anniversary on 19:18 - May 10 with 630 viewsburnsieespana

What a season that first one in he Cham2pionship was!4
Happy anniversary on 19:19 - May 10 with 629 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Whilst looking at the tables from our two seasons in the Championship I realised that we're the only side now in League Two that was in the Championship for either of those seasons. There are two clubs even lower than us though, hapless Scunthorpe and the tax dodging Southend.

Happy anniversary on 19:48 - May 10 with 626 viewsgerry_us

Happy anniversary on 18:47 - May 10 by bwildered

Must have been Roy Keane Gerry, who was manager for the Black Cats for both Championship fixtures against the then brilliant U’s.

Yep, you are right. Knew it was some ruffian from Man U!
Login to get fewer ads

Happy anniversary on 20:58 - May 10 with 620 viewsnoah4x4

My best memory of the Championship was standing next to Wolves manager, Mick McCarthy in the Terrace Four urinals. He moaned about Layer Road having only one bog in the away dressing room and his urgent need, then moaned about cold water in the hand basins, so we ensured that he was fully aware that a cold shower was to be expected post match. I am pretty confident he relayed this to his players, who throughout the match didn’t look inclined to get dirty and we thrashed them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024