Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Rowberry? 13:05 - May 9 with 6058 viewsChaffRAFC

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/38-year-old-emerges-as-leading-contender-for-r

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

James Rowberry? on 13:11 - May 9 with 5996 viewsdingdangblue

Sacked by Newport after defeat by Jim Bentley's Rochdale.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

James Rowberry? on 14:08 - May 9 with 5791 viewsNorthernDale

Sounds like another one in the mould of Stockdale, BBM and McNulty, is that we want?
James Rowberry? on 14:36 - May 9 with 5698 viewsjudd

Robbie Stockdale is available.

Poll: What is it to be then?

James Rowberry? on 15:21 - May 9 with 5525 viewsNorthernDale

So is Danny Schofield after being sacked by Doncaster, he is a perfect candidate, previously sacked at Huddersfield after 1 win 9 and at Donny his record was won 10, drew 4 and lost 19.

MK Dons now former manager, Mark Jackson (who played 24 games for the Dale '2006-07') was surprise another youth coach prior to becoming their manager.
James Rowberry? on 16:56 - May 9 with 5257 viewsBrierls

As above, Rowberry's Newport team were beaten by Bentley's Rochdale.

When we appointed Bentley, I made a flippant comment about how 'strugglers' Morecambe did after he left them. They were promoted the following season.

How did Newport get on after Rowberry left? They went from being relegation rivals to a steady mid table side under Coughlan, who himself wasn't described in the most glowing terms.

It's all well and good having coaching badges and licenses coming out of your ears, but if you can't translate that 'knowledge' into something that translates to points you are not suitable to be in charge of a first team.
James Rowberry? on 17:22 - May 9 with 5157 viewsSaxonDale

It’s a firm no from me.
James Rowberry? on 17:28 - May 9 with 5121 viewsturnthescrew

The choice of whoever ends up in the managerial hot seat, will please some and disappoint others. That's the only guarantee of the summer months.
James Rowberry? on 17:40 - May 9 with 5051 viewsD_Alien

It's almost as if we've gone from a culture of "football people" within the club to one of "not football people"

Around the turn of the year, fans were told we were being unduly negative about Dale's prospects, when it was perfectly clear our problems on the pitch were getting worse rather than improving. We finished six points from safety. It's that type of jarring mismatch with reality that concerns me the most

I have zero faith we'll make a good appointment. The board might get lucky, but to say i'm not looking forward to the announcement of the head coach would be an understatement. Rowberry just seems like another nice Academy type. The NL won't be nice, it'll be absolute dog eats dog. I'll readily admit i've not got a suggestion for who should be brought in; just none of those who appear to be in the frame right now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

James Rowberry? on 17:41 - May 9 with 5051 viewsEllDale

I just can’t see what this guy would bring to the table at all.
James Rowberry? on 19:26 - May 9 with 4735 viewsdawlishdale

I'm just nonplussed over this name for the exact reasons that Brierls has alluded to. An over reliance on coaching badges does not a good Manager make.

We saw with BBM just how tedious it can be to try to play the academy way, and then we appointed Stockdale, who was obviously great at interview, but who seems to have hypnotised our inexperienced Board into believing him to be a good Manager. Too many cozy dinners with them methinks... Way too late, they removed him (at the very time they should have stuck with him having given him the keys to the safe last Summer) and eventually replaced him with an out of work non league journeyman Manager who hadn't earned a crust for many moons. Months after it became obvious to even the most blind that Bentley wasn't getting a song out of the players, he was (far too late) removed and replaced with McNulty. Even though we improved under Jim, we failed miserably at every big hurdle; only performing when the opposition was in snooze mode.

It's safe to say that I'm not holding my breath for an inspiring appointment, and I can't count the number of disillusioned season ticket holders who might not renew should we appoint a Rowberry or a McNulty type. It's safe to say that our next appointment could well be the most crucial in our history.

Darrell Clarke anyone?
James Rowberry? on 20:48 - May 9 with 4503 viewsTomRAFC

I remember being bottom of the league, genuinely convinced that Artell or Alexander would want the job.

Maybe we're still thinking like that when it comes to Mellon / Clarke?

Had a look at his time at Newport. Nice bloke, exciting football, won regularly, then the wheels fell off. Bit like BBM in his caretaker phase, before he became an incompetent manager/knobhead.

Definitely not someone I'd choose, but I'd take him over Jim. Hardly worthy of the melodrama I'm seeing from the usual Facebook/Twitter folks.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

James Rowberry? on 23:02 - May 9 with 4214 viewsSheffield_dale

James Rowberry? on 16:56 - May 9 by Brierls

As above, Rowberry's Newport team were beaten by Bentley's Rochdale.

When we appointed Bentley, I made a flippant comment about how 'strugglers' Morecambe did after he left them. They were promoted the following season.

How did Newport get on after Rowberry left? They went from being relegation rivals to a steady mid table side under Coughlan, who himself wasn't described in the most glowing terms.

It's all well and good having coaching badges and licenses coming out of your ears, but if you can't translate that 'knowledge' into something that translates to points you are not suitable to be in charge of a first team.

The board chose Bentley over Coughlan as well. I often wonder where we would be of they gave it to GC
James Rowberry? on 23:22 - May 9 with 4174 viewsBrierls

James Rowberry? on 23:02 - May 9 by Sheffield_dale

The board chose Bentley over Coughlan as well. I often wonder where we would be of they gave it to GC

I don’t think any other manager could have got less of a tune out of these wasters than Bentley.

Bentley @ Dale - 36 games, 30 points.
Coughlan @ Newport - 36 games, 49 points.

I remember you saying at the time Coughlan had been interviewed, but I didn’t see any other mention of it. He was at the Sheffield Wednesday vs Dale game, which was no surprise given he lives in/close to Sheffield.
James Rowberry? on 00:06 - May 10 with 4115 viewsSheffield_dale

James Rowberry? on 23:22 - May 9 by Brierls

I don’t think any other manager could have got less of a tune out of these wasters than Bentley.

Bentley @ Dale - 36 games, 30 points.
Coughlan @ Newport - 36 games, 49 points.

I remember you saying at the time Coughlan had been interviewed, but I didn’t see any other mention of it. He was at the Sheffield Wednesday vs Dale game, which was no surprise given he lives in/close to Sheffield.

Yeah I worked at the club and was proudly invited to the exec box in my dale shirt. One of the Wednesday coaches I worked with is good friends with Coughlan and told me he was interviewed the day before the Wednesday game. He was pretty scathing about the quality of the players during that game, although doesn't take a genius to come to that conclusion.
James Rowberry? on 10:20 - May 10 with 3719 views49thseason

I dont want anyone who thinks the secret to winning games is something to do with " moments" " phases" or " thirds" or any other coaching manual word salad. We want a Manager, the clue is in the name...someone who can lead his team, an Alpha male, someone who knows the players he needs to win football matches. Its about personalities as much as talent particularly if we have to fight fire with fire in the land of the giants. We need players who are up for the fight and a manager who puts fire in their bellies, yes they need the requisite skills, but mental attitude is the ultimate skill. And this isnt to say we need a bully, we know that didnt work from the Bentley era, let McNulty do the skills coaching but lets get a manager who inspires them.
James Rowberry? on 11:18 - May 10 with 3610 viewspioneer

James Rowberry? on 10:20 - May 10 by 49thseason

I dont want anyone who thinks the secret to winning games is something to do with " moments" " phases" or " thirds" or any other coaching manual word salad. We want a Manager, the clue is in the name...someone who can lead his team, an Alpha male, someone who knows the players he needs to win football matches. Its about personalities as much as talent particularly if we have to fight fire with fire in the land of the giants. We need players who are up for the fight and a manager who puts fire in their bellies, yes they need the requisite skills, but mental attitude is the ultimate skill. And this isnt to say we need a bully, we know that didnt work from the Bentley era, let McNulty do the skills coaching but lets get a manager who inspires them.

Yes, lets face it, there are 12 year olds manage teams better than Bentley.
James Rowberry? on 12:25 - May 10 with 3468 viewsCrede_Sign0

James Rowberry? on 10:20 - May 10 by 49thseason

And this is the worry -
My guess is that the MRTk Algorithm will spew out exactly the sort of badged up’ suggestions we are most fearful about.
James Rowberry? on 12:38 - May 10 with 3418 viewsD_Alien

James Rowberry? on 12:25 - May 10 by Crede_Sign0

And this is the worry -
My guess is that the MRTk Algorithm will spew out exactly the sort of badged up’ suggestions we are most fearful about.

Of course they will, because you can't measure true leadership

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

James Rowberry? on 21:57 - May 10 with 2865 viewsDaleyBrent

Mike Williamson would be my 1st choice.
Done a tremendous job at Gateshead and ticks a lot of boxes for the type of manager I’d want to see and who we can realistically attract if the board get their act together.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024