Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . 12:05 - May 11 with 34061 viewsbwildered

Reported that Blackburn Rovers made a bid for Junior in the January transfer window , now returning for another .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 19:35 - Aug 3 with 2623 viewsmfb_cufc

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 18:43 - Aug 3 by durham_exile

LB if so might we secure his services again. Worth a try after all commuting would be a doddle.

However Gillingham would probably be able to offer bigger wages.

Macca Bonne could be one of the two potential signings

Up the U's

Apparently Bonne's wage demands are too high for Gillingham. If that is true then we have no chance of signing him, unless he is prepared to lower his demands.

mfb

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 19:39 - Aug 3 with 2636 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 19:35 - Aug 3 by mfb_cufc

Apparently Bonne's wage demands are too high for Gillingham. If that is true then we have no chance of signing him, unless he is prepared to lower his demands.

If the Junior deal can be done this week then we may well be able to offer Bonne something.

He is a free agent so no transfer fee.

The difference between remaining on League Two or possible promotion to League One for the Super U's.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 14:55 - Aug 5 with 2459 viewsdurham_exile

Joe Taylor 20 years old striker has joined on loan from Luton Town.

I think he will be a really good addition to the striking department. Plenty of potential.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 17:12]

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 21:22 - Aug 5 with 2358 viewsmfb_cufc

Iteresting article on Joe Taylor.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22854473/premier-league-luton-town-joe-taylor-cha

mfb

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 21:32 - Aug 5 with 2373 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 21:22 - Aug 5 by mfb_cufc

Iteresting article on Joe Taylor.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22854473/premier-league-luton-town-joe-taylor-cha

Hopefully he will start alongside Samson at Cardiff on Wednesday.

Perhaps the pre season game between Luton and the Poorman Road crew helped sweeten the deal for the young striker who came on as a late substitute in the friendly match.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 22:25 - Aug 5 with 2365 viewswessex_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 21:32 - Aug 5 by durham_exile

Hopefully he will start alongside Samson at Cardiff on Wednesday.

Perhaps the pre season game between Luton and the Poorman Road crew helped sweeten the deal for the young striker who came on as a late substitute in the friendly match.

Up the U's

Didn't even think about that, and you may well be right Durham. Chance to have an informal chat, show him the set-up, meet the right people etc. Good work by Col U if you're right

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 22:42 - Aug 5 with 2353 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 22:25 - Aug 5 by wessex_exile

Didn't even think about that, and you may well be right Durham. Chance to have an informal chat, show him the set-up, meet the right people etc. Good work by Col U if you're right

Wessex whilst he's not the experienced striker that perhaps I would have preferred (they come at a price) he clearly has potential and will be fast, pacy and a good strike partner with Samson Tovide.

Now if there is another player in the offing I suspect it will be a right sided wing back or equivalent to replace Junior if he does indeed sign for Stoke City.

We will wait and see but I reckon that we have made some good enhancements to the squad.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 12:37 - Aug 6 with 2289 viewsburnsieespana

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 14:55 - Aug 5 by durham_exile

Joe Taylor 20 years old striker has joined on loan from Luton Town.

I think he will be a really good addition to the striking department. Plenty of potential.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 17:12]

Friend of mine who supports Luton says he is surprised he was allowed to join us on loan as thinks he is a really good player.
Login to get fewer ads

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 10:42 - Aug 13 with 2114 viewswessex_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 12:37 - Aug 6 by burnsieespana

Friend of mine who supports Luton says he is surprised he was allowed to join us on loan as thinks he is a really good player.

Your friend wasn’t wrong btw. Talking of ‘friends’, I see Bloomfield is interested in Richard Kone and might be in the process of sorting out how they can sign him. Good to see the chairboys had another 3-0 battering yesterday.

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/23714145.wycombe-remain-interested-non-le

Up the U's

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 18:43 - Aug 15 with 1989 viewswessex_exile

The latest (last?) through the door - Manny Egbo from Charlton for an undisclosed fee. Given he's a right back, guess we know what this means.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/august/us-grab-egbo/?fbclid=IwAR3Mo1-L3Fc7qRt4Wl

Welcome Manny, and best wishes for your time at Col U!

Up the U's

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 18:46 - Aug 15 with 1988 viewswessex_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 18:43 - Aug 15 by wessex_exile

The latest (last?) through the door - Manny Egbo from Charlton for an undisclosed fee. Given he's a right back, guess we know what this means.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/august/us-grab-egbo/?fbclid=IwAR3Mo1-L3Fc7qRt4Wl

Welcome Manny, and best wishes for your time at Col U!

That being said, Junior is in the starting line-up tonight - what's going on?

Up the U's

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 06:06 - Aug 16 with 1956 viewsthrillseeker

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 18:46 - Aug 15 by wessex_exile

That being said, Junior is in the starting line-up tonight - what's going on?

If Stoke were watching Junior last night they may think £50 is a bit excessive!

It is clear his head isn't right and he does not want to be here despite what he says in local media.

This issue needs resolving quickly so all parties can move on
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 10:37 - Aug 17 with 1882 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Does the signing of Egbo, who had a pretty poor debut by the way, mean that Garner doesn't have much faith in Greenidge? Shame about Iandolo's injury, reckon he could be out for a while.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 16:11 - Aug 17 with 1833 viewsnoah4x4

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 10:37 - Aug 17 by RSCOSWORTH

Does the signing of Egbo, who had a pretty poor debut by the way, mean that Garner doesn't have much faith in Greenidge? Shame about Iandolo's injury, reckon he could be out for a while.

I have only seen Greenidge have one half-decent game. Worst signing since Sunday Wasui.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 21:34 - Aug 23 with 1648 viewsghughes11

"Bromley have signed former Brighton winger Todd Miller on a permanent deal.

The 20-year-old made 11 appearances on loan at League Two Doncaster last season, before being released by Brighton this summer."

Not quite "The One That Got Away", and I'm sure we missed out on a load of appearance fee bonuses and potential sell-on clauses.

Hope the lad finds his feet in the National League and forges a career for himself! Looked a bit lost leading the line for Donny last season I thought.

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 22:59 - Aug 23 with 1633 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 21:34 - Aug 23 by ghughes11

"Bromley have signed former Brighton winger Todd Miller on a permanent deal.

The 20-year-old made 11 appearances on loan at League Two Doncaster last season, before being released by Brighton this summer."

Not quite "The One That Got Away", and I'm sure we missed out on a load of appearance fee bonuses and potential sell-on clauses.

Hope the lad finds his feet in the National League and forges a career for himself! Looked a bit lost leading the line for Donny last season I thought.

I agree he was poor in the Doncaster game.

Not all our former players cover themselves in glory. I suppose it was his tender age that alerted Brighton in the first place but that potential never materialised.

Good luck to him but it seems that an opportunity has been wasted.

Up the former U's

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 14:21 - Aug 30 with 1482 viewsdurham_exile

Arsenal Nigerian born Midfielder Tim Akinola 22 is a target for the Super U's

Durham_exile

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 16:10 - Aug 30 with 1463 viewsburnsieespana

Another loan by all accounts. Thought BG was looking for experience!
[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 16:10]
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 16:13 - Aug 30 with 1459 viewsburnsieespana

Being linked with Cory Whelan of Carlisle which I find more creditable.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 21:24 - Aug 30 with 1404 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Southend have turned down a sizeable offer for Harry Cardwell today. Possibly enough to pay HMRC and more!

There is an individual who has been discussing the purchase of the club. He is in an advisory capacity and has links to Kimura.

The Australian has flown back home but may still be part of the 'Consortium'.

Rest assured, the individual who is in talks with the agents and Ron Martin is an experienced financial negotiator.

Southend have several players who would enhance the squad at The Jobserve, Cardwell being one of them.

Incredible times at Roots Hall.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 09:49 - Aug 31 with 1326 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Is anyone else expecting Matt Jay to head out on loan somewhere? He's obviously a decent player at this level, his record speaks for itself, but for some reason we've struggled to get the best out of him. I thought he looked ok when he came on against Wimbledon and was involved in our more positive passages of play but he hasn't even got on the pitch the last two games and both were good opportunities to use him. Feel like he's fallen even further down the pecking order now and maybe some time away from the club would allow him to get some more game time and hopefully get his confidence back.

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 12:16 - Aug 31 with 1305 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Matt Jay, Alex Newby, Luke Hannant....the list is quite considerable over recent years.

There was a time when a player who had a decent track record with their previous club would have been purchased with a view to playing in the starting eleven. And staying there for a while.

Many careers seem to have run aground after joing Colchester United, and after being released some have flourished elsewhere.

Colchester United have had a massive incoming of players in recent years and this will come at a considerable cost.

I have tracked through the accounts for the past ten seasons and it is concerning what little return the club have had for their investments.
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 16:21 - Aug 31 with 1267 viewsburnsieespana

Nico out for several months so guess we will get in at least one central defender
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 16:23]
Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 08:51 - Sep 1 with 1157 viewsbwildered

The League Two club made an enquiry about the Blues centre-back.

But the 25-year-old has decided against the possibility of a move to Essex.

Carlisle boss Paul Simpson today said there had not been a formal approach, but Colchester had expressed their interest in Whelan.

“Nobody came to me about that. I know there was an enquiry to one of our directors asking about his personality, and then an enquiry went to his agent,” Simpson told the News & Star.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ins, outs and maybe's 2023 . on 09:05 - Sep 1 with 1155 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Surprised we're not looking at Kensdale or are Southend holding out for big money for him? At least at Col U he'd know he's going to get paid every month!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024