Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? 15:04 - May 26 with 25201 viewsTalkingSutty

In just over a months time the players will be reporting back for pre-season training, the fans are currently in the dark regarding what to expect next season. Is there anybody actually running the club at the moment and could our Chairman please start to show some sort of leadership qualities? As a shareholder I'm now wondering if those in the Boardroom are fit for purpose, I can't be the only one thinking along those lines. If they can't take us any further then please say and let's see if as shareholders/the Trust/ fans we can source others to run the club ( it doesn't have to be Chris Dunphy etc). I would like to see a EGM called because at the moment the club is going down the plug hole and the silence is deafening. It seems to me that the only ambition that the Chairman and Directors now have is to find a investor and what happens on and off the pitch is secondary.
[Post edited 26 May 2023 15:32]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 13:14 - May 27 with 10468 viewsRodingdale

Your prematch conversation a few weeks back confirmed what I’d suspected about SG and the board, the new year chairman’s statement marked the watershed for me, I moved from grateful for his intervention to skeptical about what next. I’m perfectly prepared to be convinced otherwise but actions need to speak louder than words now. If the vision is survival then that’s not going to be enough. We need inspiration and vision. What’s the plan Simon? Maybe whoever marked down your post knows, if so do tell.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 14:25 - May 27 with 10386 viewsTalkingSutty

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 13:14 - May 27 by Rodingdale

Your prematch conversation a few weeks back confirmed what I’d suspected about SG and the board, the new year chairman’s statement marked the watershed for me, I moved from grateful for his intervention to skeptical about what next. I’m perfectly prepared to be convinced otherwise but actions need to speak louder than words now. If the vision is survival then that’s not going to be enough. We need inspiration and vision. What’s the plan Simon? Maybe whoever marked down your post knows, if so do tell.

The questions that are being posed are legitimate ones, the easiest thing is just to keep quiet and see where we end up, don't upset people and don't rock the boat. It seems that those in the Boardroom are just expecting somebody to turn up and sink millions into the club, a failing club at that.

Investment into the club doesn't have to be purely in monetary terms, if you get the right people in the boardroom with passion, drive, determination and importantly expertise in their field then that in turn generates money and it can be a on going cash generator. A good manager with contacts can do that also. At the moment i don't think we have neither.

If things continue as they are then very soon we will be struggling to maintain and run the stadium, one more relegation and that will be a very real possibility. This time next season we could realistically be having that conversation. You can have all the caveats you want on the stadium but if we can't afford to run it then selling it might be the only option. It appears to me as though the club is being run down and nobody in the boardroom has the appetite or skill set to get it up and functioning properly. Sleep walking into oblivion is how it feels to me. The land is prime for building houses on and as fans that's something that always needs to be at the forefront of our minds.
[Post edited 27 May 2023 14:46]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:18 - May 27 with 10304 views442Dale

One outstanding question that needs answering, presumably one the Trust will update on soon, is the one from their recent meeting with the club:

<<“ Q: As the Trust have already stated, are the Club willing to speak to former Dale Chairman Chris Dunphy in any way as requested prior to this meeting in a Trust email?
A: This Board would discuss this at their next meeting and would let us know.”>>
For reference, the Trust had asked this on the 16th of May.

It’ll be interesting to hear how the board members respond as you’d have to believe that simply agreeing to speak to someone as experienced as Dunphy would not be an issue. It would also come firmly under the commitment to reengage with supporters, displaying an openness to discuss possible support.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:26 - May 27 with 10300 viewsTalkingSutty

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:18 - May 27 by 442Dale

One outstanding question that needs answering, presumably one the Trust will update on soon, is the one from their recent meeting with the club:

<<“ Q: As the Trust have already stated, are the Club willing to speak to former Dale Chairman Chris Dunphy in any way as requested prior to this meeting in a Trust email?
A: This Board would discuss this at their next meeting and would let us know.”>>

It’ll be interesting to hear how the board members respond as you’d have to believe that simply agreeing to speak to someone as experienced as Dunphy would not be an issue. It would also come firmly under the commitment to reengage with supporters, displaying an openness to discuss possible support.

There is also talking..and talking. Lip service to appease the Trust and the fans isn't talking. This should have been led by Simon Gauge out of respect to another ex Chairman, you would expect the figurehead of our Boardroom to do that and if he hasn't then why not?
[Post edited 27 May 2023 15:28]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:34 - May 27 with 10265 views442Dale

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:26 - May 27 by TalkingSutty

There is also talking..and talking. Lip service to appease the Trust and the fans isn't talking. This should have been led by Simon Gauge out of respect to another ex Chairman, you would expect the figurehead of our Boardroom to do that and if he hasn't then why not?
[Post edited 27 May 2023 15:28]

Agreed that lip service is a real problem and has been for years at Spotland. It is also very, very obvious.

On this particular issue, with the question that is specifically posted on the Trust site, there is an expected response. One which has to be reported, with the thoughts of the Trust accompanying it where required.

The club will welcome this engagement and subsequent transparency going off their previous statements.

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:44 - May 27 with 10253 viewsTalkingSutty

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:34 - May 27 by 442Dale

Agreed that lip service is a real problem and has been for years at Spotland. It is also very, very obvious.

On this particular issue, with the question that is specifically posted on the Trust site, there is an expected response. One which has to be reported, with the thoughts of the Trust accompanying it where required.

The club will welcome this engagement and subsequent transparency going off their previous statements.

In hindsight i don't think Dunphy would ever have been welcomed back into the club, even if he and his consortium had the required finances. Fall outs and bad blood involving major shareholders who still frequent the halls of power up at the club will ensure that doesn't happen. That in itself reflects badly on Simon Gauge and the Directors and shows them as being weak. The whole club is in a mess and as a fan base ( shareholders)we are subservient to a handful of individuals who are ultimately just doing what they want with the club.
[Post edited 27 May 2023 15:45]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:03 - May 27 with 10208 viewsEllGazzell

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:18 - May 27 by 442Dale

What is the obsession with Dunphy?

He was a lucky chairman to have Hill as manager. The training ground was never resolved under him, the pitch situation was never resolved under him, I can't think f anything he actually accomplished. Promotion and success was entirely down to Hill.

I'm afraid he showed himself up with his antics making public statements the day we were relegated.

Seems to be that he has no money he is prepared to put in, so unless he can show something more than the consultancy company - which he can't - then he is a busted flush I'm afraid and needs to be confined to the past.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:10 - May 27 with 10186 viewsD_Alien

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 15:44 - May 27 by TalkingSutty

In hindsight i don't think Dunphy would ever have been welcomed back into the club, even if he and his consortium had the required finances. Fall outs and bad blood involving major shareholders who still frequent the halls of power up at the club will ensure that doesn't happen. That in itself reflects badly on Simon Gauge and the Directors and shows them as being weak. The whole club is in a mess and as a fan base ( shareholders)we are subservient to a handful of individuals who are ultimately just doing what they want with the club.
[Post edited 27 May 2023 15:45]

Absolutely right about CD. This was amply demonstrated in a subsequently deleted thread by a pre-emptive strike against him prior to his withdrawal of interest in taking ownership through lack of funds. That should NEVER have happened

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:14 - May 27 with 10171 views442Dale

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:03 - May 27 by EllGazzell

He was a lucky chairman to have Hill as manager. The training ground was never resolved under him, the pitch situation was never resolved under him, I can't think f anything he actually accomplished. Promotion and success was entirely down to Hill.

I'm afraid he showed himself up with his antics making public statements the day we were relegated.

Seems to be that he has no money he is prepared to put in, so unless he can show something more than the consultancy company - which he can't - then he is a busted flush I'm afraid and needs to be confined to the past.

Most are well of the issues during Dunphy’s reign. There was enough constructive criticism on here over the years which illustrate that. Similarly for the timing of the statements after relegation.

This is about whether the board are simply willing to talk to an undeniably successful chairman. Nothing more or less at this stage, that is all the Trust have asked.

If they don’t want to, they can say why.

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:23 - May 27 with 10157 views49thseason

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:14 - May 27 by 442Dale

Most are well of the issues during Dunphy’s reign. There was enough constructive criticism on here over the years which illustrate that. Similarly for the timing of the statements after relegation.

This is about whether the board are simply willing to talk to an undeniably successful chairman. Nothing more or less at this stage, that is all the Trust have asked.

If they don’t want to, they can say why.

Dunphy can buy shares just like everyone else, if he buys £25k worth, he then has the right to discuss whatever he wants to including being a Director again. The ball is in his court, there is no more reason for the Board to approach him than there is for them to approach anyone else. Dunphy sold up and quit leaving Bottomley in charge. That should be all you need to know. He either shits or gets off the pan, his decision which he seems to have made already. Move on, that train has left the station.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:37 - May 27 with 10123 viewsNewbury_Dale

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:03 - May 27 by EllGazzell

He also sold his shares to the American chancers who subsequently displayed no duty of care to the club whatsoever when the time came for them to cash in. A terrible act by Dunphy.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:53 - May 27 with 10114 viewsD_Alien

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:37 - May 27 by Newbury_Dale

He also sold his shares to the American chancers who subsequently displayed no duty of care to the club whatsoever when the time came for them to cash in. A terrible act by Dunphy.

No need to exaggerate

Bottomley was effectively forcing Dunphy out through his posturing and weaseling his way into a position where he could hold untrammeled power

The sale of Dunphy's shares was, therefore, in large part down to Bottomley, and it's not as if Dunphy had a controlling shareholding. The characterisation of Altman et al as "chancers" is also wide of the mark. They already had solid credentials ftom working with other clubs

If you base your judgement on false premises, the result is less than the truth. That's not to say Dunphy hasn't made mistakes - who hasn't?

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:09 - May 27 with 10072 views442Dale

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:23 - May 27 by 49thseason

Dunphy can buy shares just like everyone else, if he buys £25k worth, he then has the right to discuss whatever he wants to including being a Director again. The ball is in his court, there is no more reason for the Board to approach him than there is for them to approach anyone else. Dunphy sold up and quit leaving Bottomley in charge. That should be all you need to know. He either shits or gets off the pan, his decision which he seems to have made already. Move on, that train has left the station.

Please read the question from the Trust. It is not about whether I need to know it.

They have asked it.

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:15 - May 27 with 10053 viewsJames1980

Regards the initial question hasn't Simon stated his position on more than one occasion. His focus has been on ensuring Rochdale AFC still exist in 10 years time. However we don't know if that aim is to exist in the lower echelons of non league football or in the football league. I think the board could do with adopting Joey T's 'Don't live life to survive, live life to thrive' mantra when it comes to their attitude to the club.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:05 - May 27 with 9971 viewsRodingdale

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 17:15 - May 27 by James1980

Regards the initial question hasn't Simon stated his position on more than one occasion. His focus has been on ensuring Rochdale AFC still exist in 10 years time. However we don't know if that aim is to exist in the lower echelons of non league football or in the football league. I think the board could do with adopting Joey T's 'Don't live life to survive, live life to thrive' mantra when it comes to their attitude to the club.

So as you say - back to the question- what is the vision?
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:06 - May 27 with 9971 viewsbluevein64

There are so many interesting post's on this subject, I'll tag on the end of yours EllGazzell if I may - for me Dunphy said it all when he said something very similar to " I've promised the wife and myself that I'd never get involved again" he was/is never going to get seriously involved in RAFC again furthermore, he doesn't (never has had) the financial clout required at the level of investment required , why he pretended to have throw his takeover hat in the ring shortly after relegation was confirmed - only Dunphy himself knows!
Spanner in the works comes to my mind......
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:37 - May 27 with 9892 views49thseason

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 16:53 - May 27 by D_Alien

No need to exaggerate

Bottomley was effectively forcing Dunphy out through his posturing and weaseling his way into a position where he could hold untrammeled power

The sale of Dunphy's shares was, therefore, in large part down to Bottomley, and it's not as if Dunphy had a controlling shareholding. The characterisation of Altman et al as "chancers" is also wide of the mark. They already had solid credentials ftom working with other clubs

If you base your judgement on false premises, the result is less than the truth. That's not to say Dunphy hasn't made mistakes - who hasn't?

So why didnt Dunphy do back then, what he tried to do (but didn't) at the end of the season? He could have bought more shares, brought in more Directors and given Bottomley the big heave-ho.

Dunphy and his fellow directors were happy to trolly along selling our best players and hoping for cup ties, there was no attempt to build off-pitch income, he and his board were effectively asleep at the wheel as far as actually running and building a football club was concerned. They left as much as possible to Hill and did nothing when Bottomley started to throw his weight about, and as soon as it got a bit feisty he legged it.

Its easy being Chairman when things are going as well as you think they can, but its a totally different game when you are spending all you time fighting infernoes because there is no money and the business is on its knees, ask Simon.

What is really remarkable about the whole latest Dunphy fiasco is that he obviously hadn't done his homework about how much it would cost to buy out the existing directors. Anyway, the word is that his wife put her foot down with a heavy hand when he wanted to spend his kids inheritance on a football club...... so that was the end of that!
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:41 - May 27 with 9871 views442Dale

Anyway, we shall await the Trust update to their enquiry.

As representatives of the supporters and the club’s major shareholder, it will have been made for the good of the football club. That’s all that matters.

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 19:01 - May 27 with 9826 viewsD_Alien

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:37 - May 27 by 49thseason

So why didnt Dunphy do back then, what he tried to do (but didn't) at the end of the season? He could have bought more shares, brought in more Directors and given Bottomley the big heave-ho.

Dunphy and his fellow directors were happy to trolly along selling our best players and hoping for cup ties, there was no attempt to build off-pitch income, he and his board were effectively asleep at the wheel as far as actually running and building a football club was concerned. They left as much as possible to Hill and did nothing when Bottomley started to throw his weight about, and as soon as it got a bit feisty he legged it.

Its easy being Chairman when things are going as well as you think they can, but its a totally different game when you are spending all you time fighting infernoes because there is no money and the business is on its knees, ask Simon.

What is really remarkable about the whole latest Dunphy fiasco is that he obviously hadn't done his homework about how much it would cost to buy out the existing directors. Anyway, the word is that his wife put her foot down with a heavy hand when he wanted to spend his kids inheritance on a football club...... so that was the end of that!

You may not recall, but Dunphy had already indicated that after a longish spell as Chairman (and even longer one as a director) that he was looking to take something of a back seat just as Bottomley was starting his manoeuvres

The model of developing players for sale plus cup tie receipts is one you yourself have supported as the way to survive at L1 level - alongside further off-field income development, which admittedly could've been done better and which has been well-documented on here during that entire period - so not sure why you're using that against him now

The point here isn't about mistakes that Dunphy may or may not have made - it's about the attitude of the current board towards a prospective investor in the club. As already mentioned - his card was marked before anything like negotiations had begun, and if you think that's a fair way for our board to conduct itself - having a representative taking pot shots at him on a fans forum - then there's not much more to be said, is there?

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 22:10 - May 27 with 9624 viewsEllGazzell

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 18:37 - May 27 by 49thseason

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 07:21 - May 28 with 9409 viewsRodingdale

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 22:10 - May 27 by EllGazzell

Just out of interest are you bothered whether SG and the board have a business plan for the club? Or is it just about banging on about Dunphy? If it’s the latter maybe a different thread would be helpful.

Why is it so difficult for the board to set out their vision for the next year, three years, five years? Not the detail but headlines which could be shared with shareholders and other stakeholders. An example might be [say]:

Year 1 - Establish the club, mid table, build the squad, improve home form. Grow season ticket sales by [x %]
Years 1-3 - Achieve play offs, increase off the field turnover by [x%], attract third party investment through partnerships. Retain and grow academy, to support squad and player receipts.
Years 1-5 - Have regained EFL status, grown attendances by [x%].

But all we’ve got is seeking and investor and survival.

Over to the board. What are your ambitions?
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 07:53 - May 28 with 9377 viewsTalkingSutty

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 07:21 - May 28 by Rodingdale

Just out of interest are you bothered whether SG and the board have a business plan for the club? Or is it just about banging on about Dunphy? If it’s the latter maybe a different thread would be helpful.

Why is it so difficult for the board to set out their vision for the next year, three years, five years? Not the detail but headlines which could be shared with shareholders and other stakeholders. An example might be [say]:

Year 1 - Establish the club, mid table, build the squad, improve home form. Grow season ticket sales by [x %]
Years 1-3 - Achieve play offs, increase off the field turnover by [x%], attract third party investment through partnerships. Retain and grow academy, to support squad and player receipts.
Years 1-5 - Have regained EFL status, grown attendances by [x%].

But all we’ve got is seeking and investor and survival.

Over to the board. What are your ambitions?

Best to ignore those who bad mouth our most successful Chairman (fact) and try to diminish any success by calling him 'lucky'. It makes them sound daft and very bitter.

Dunphy didn't decide to walk out of the boardroom mid-season, he was manipulated out of the Club by Bottomley, Rawlinson and the other Directors. The dynamics in the boardroom changed when Paul Hazelhurst tragically passed away and from that point on Dunphy was constantly voted down on major issues, he had lost a allie and a friend and no longer had the numbers on his side. There was a power swing and Bottomley etc now had the upper hand. There was also a groundswell of support for Bottomley from the fan base and eventually Dunphy as Chairman had no other option but to leave, his friend Bill Goodwin followed shortly. Those details are facts and from the horses mouth, they have also been verified.

With those two out of the way, Andrew Kelly suddenly returned to the club to team up with Bottomley, Rawlinson and the others. Then the real damage to the club began behind the scenes which resulted in widespread neglect and a hunger to sell the club...firstly to a fella called Halsall who had no money and secondly to the Morton House lot. Without fan intervention one of those would now own the club, that isn't up for debate. Now they are all at it again and they don't even have the good manners to consult the shareholders or involve the Supporters Trust. Andrew Kelly was buying up shares while Bottomley was running the club and also approached the Americans to see what they would offer him for them, he then issued a statement saying he was testing the water and he bought the shares to protect the club. A claim that caused much debate on this forum at the time. Fast forward 12 months and the fans had to literally plead with him not to sell to Morton House, he was on the brink of doing so. I hope to god, he isn't now involved in any negotiations to find a investor, he shouldn't be because he is no longer a member of the board and isn't representing the shareholders. These sort of questions and concerns could have been posed and discussed had a EGM been called.

So yes, Chris Dunphy wasn't perfect and he overspent during his last year at the club, giving Hill too much of a free reign. During his time, he balanced the books though, won two promotions and we bought our Stadium back..Goodwin was very instrumental in the negotiations regarding that happening. When it comes to running the club, there is nobody in our boardroom who is fit to lace his shoes. If there is then where is the evidence because i don't see any?

We had the best years of our Dale supporting life's when Dunphy was Chairman, some people have very short memories.
[Post edited 28 May 2023 9:04]
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:10 - May 28 with 9330 viewsEllGazzell

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 07:53 - May 28 by TalkingSutty

Best to ignore those who bad mouth our most successful Chairman (fact) and try to diminish any success by calling him 'lucky'. It makes them sound daft and very bitter.

Dunphy didn't decide to walk out of the boardroom mid-season, he was manipulated out of the Club by Bottomley, Rawlinson and the other Directors. The dynamics in the boardroom changed when Paul Hazelhurst tragically passed away and from that point on Dunphy was constantly voted down on major issues, he had lost a allie and a friend and no longer had the numbers on his side. There was a power swing and Bottomley etc now had the upper hand. There was also a groundswell of support for Bottomley from the fan base and eventually Dunphy as Chairman had no other option but to leave, his friend Bill Goodwin followed shortly. Those details are facts and from the horses mouth, they have also been verified.

With those two out of the way, Andrew Kelly suddenly returned to the club to team up with Bottomley, Rawlinson and the others. Then the real damage to the club began behind the scenes which resulted in widespread neglect and a hunger to sell the club...firstly to a fella called Halsall who had no money and secondly to the Morton House lot. Without fan intervention one of those would now own the club, that isn't up for debate. Now they are all at it again and they don't even have the good manners to consult the shareholders or involve the Supporters Trust. Andrew Kelly was buying up shares while Bottomley was running the club and also approached the Americans to see what they would offer him for them, he then issued a statement saying he was testing the water and he bought the shares to protect the club. A claim that caused much debate on this forum at the time. Fast forward 12 months and the fans had to literally plead with him not to sell to Morton House, he was on the brink of doing so. I hope to god, he isn't now involved in any negotiations to find a investor, he shouldn't be because he is no longer a member of the board and isn't representing the shareholders. These sort of questions and concerns could have been posed and discussed had a EGM been called.

So yes, Chris Dunphy wasn't perfect and he overspent during his last year at the club, giving Hill too much of a free reign. During his time, he balanced the books though, won two promotions and we bought our Stadium back..Goodwin was very instrumental in the negotiations regarding that happening. When it comes to running the club, there is nobody in our boardroom who is fit to lace his shoes. If there is then where is the evidence because i don't see any?

We had the best years of our Dale supporting life's when Dunphy was Chairman, some people have very short memories.

Which horse's mouth and can you post a link to the verification?

"there is nobody in our boardroom who is fit to lace his shoes" provides a fine example of "sound[ing] daft and very bitter" in my humble opinion.

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:18 - May 28 with 9313 viewsTalkingSutty

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:10 - May 28 by EllGazzell

Which horse's mouth and can you post a link to the verification?

"there is nobody in our boardroom who is fit to lace his shoes" provides a fine example of "sound[ing] daft and very bitter" in my humble opinion.

Go and speak to the people involved at the time, there are no 'links' to post.
Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 08:30 - May 28 with 9283 viewselectricblue

Could the Chairman and Directors please outline their aims and ambitions? on 07:53 - May 28 by TalkingSutty

I have always thought that Kelly, Rawlinson and the rest are responsible for the decline of Dale over the past 5 seasons or so.
Practically giving Bottomley total control is the icing on the cake of where Dale are today..

Back to Dunphy.
I for one do not blame him for selling his shares to the americans at all because lets face it Dunphy was chairman and a chairman who is part of the successful years.
Then Bottomley i can only presume was jealous and wanted Dunphy out and then he could put himself as the man, the man in sole charge of Dale..

So what Bottomley did left a very bitter taste on Dunphys palate and a rush of blood to Dunphys brain was to say feckem(the board) and thus he sold up, now how many would have done the same!
A good percentage of supporters i reckon...

What this board ard most probably failing to even recognise is Dunphys experience in running a football as what SG and the rest know you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

As a few have stated that there maybe still ill feelings festering towards Dunphy from past BoD who may still have some form of influence on the current BoD if that is so then we need the trust and fans who are shareholders(collectively) to call an EGM and get this sorted as these old boys are still a part of the decline and problem..
[Post edited 28 May 2023 10:33]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024