Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Day 1st July 07:07 - Jun 15 with 20039 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/june/openday2023/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Open Day 1st July on 09:17 - Jul 1 with 2570 viewsTVOS1907

Open Day 1st July on 09:06 - Jul 1 by James1980

Well like the man in the orthopedic shoes said.......

....... again!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Open Day 1st July on 09:20 - Jul 1 with 2558 viewsClivert

The shirt looks ok but I do find it bizarre that the club supposedly were letting the fans decide from a choice of three shirts and then the 'winning' design wasn't one of the three options!

Only at Rochdale!
Open Day 1st July on 09:26 - Jul 1 with 2512 viewsJames1980

Open Day 1st July on 09:20 - Jul 1 by Clivert

The shirt looks ok but I do find it bizarre that the club supposedly were letting the fans decide from a choice of three shirts and then the 'winning' design wasn't one of the three options!

Only at Rochdale!

I thought maybe I misremembered and the vote was for a kit based on the favourite design but no they literally put. One of these will be next season's home shirt... รฐลธโ€˜โ€ข

Open Day 1st July on 10:01 - Jul 1 with 2408 viewskel

#reengagement
Open Day 1st July on 10:10 - Jul 1 with 2362 viewsTrev

It's the basics, isn't it?
Open Day 1st July on 10:31 - Jul 1 with 2284 viewsdalemark

I've just had a look at the online shop.

The homepage is still advertising pre-orders:

The replica kit page still shows 3 kits, none of which are the actual kit:

& when you click through, the kit page still says the club can't yet confirm the winning kit:

Social media pages are actively linking through to the club shop and this is the customer journey, a full hour and a half after the kit launch. There is nowhere on the shop to see the kit, nowhere to see / buy the shorts and socks, no signs of the keeper kit on there anywhere.

As somebody has said above this is absolute basics. Either the club haven't planned for these activities to take place today, or they have planned it but the person responsible for completing the tasks hasn't. Either way its poor, but it feels like nobody is held accountable for these constant misses. Its a shame, because the kit is decent, but the club have again failed to get the basics right.
Open Day 1st July on 10:37 - Jul 1 with 2258 viewsdalemark

For completeness, the current shorts page:

The socks page is exactly the same.

I can't imagine O'Neills will be happy about it - there must be some contractual arrangement for launch times etc.

It all just feels amateur. Avoidable, but predictable.
Open Day 1st July on 10:37 - Jul 1 with 2256 viewsD_Alien

The round white collar (replacing the advertised slight v-shape black) utterly destroys the shirt

That's not an opinion - That's a FACT

And that's leaving aside the online mess

What on earth is going on at our club?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 10:42]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Open Day 1st July on 10:39 - Jul 1 with 2248 views442Dale

The commitment and passion to improve the football club was illustrated over a number of hours by supporters a couple of months ago. This is not being matched by the club itself. Which was all so predictable.

The apathy will spread further as we are failing to see any signs of real change whatsoever. Words mean absolutely nothing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Open Day 1st July on 10:50 - Jul 1 with 2197 viewsdalemark

I think this is one the Trust need to pick up on, especially following the feedback at the supporter meetings back in April / May:

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/05/comments-from-meetings-club-shop/

"Improvement needed of online shop โ€” not updated enough and needs to be checked more often"

"We need fans to be involved in ideas โ€” focus groups on kit designs, merchandisem pricing, consistent approach moving forward"

"Which Director / Staff member is overseeing the Club Shop / retail and what support do they need, and what will they accept. What processes can be implemented to help eg retail committee"

"As an exile, I rarely get to visit the shop and rely mostly on the online shop."

"I have also noticed that not all items in the shop are available to supporters online โ€” this could be to do with capacity within the staff, but it results in lost sales."

"The Club Shop โ€” Survey the Fans and ask what they want"

I'd like the Trust to ask the club the question, and commit to publishing the answer online, what feedback from the supporters meeting was taken on board and implemented ahead of this launch?

Everything coming out of the club feels like lip service, communicating only when they want our money, expecting us to have our bellies tickled with talk of reengagement and then blindly opening our wallets, without ever actually trying, intending or working to be better.

Basics. Predictable. Avoidable.
Open Day 1st July on 10:56 - Jul 1 with 2149 views442Dale

<<โ€œ Which Director / Staff member is overseeing the Club Shop / retail and what support do they need, and what will they accept. What processes can be implemented to help eg retail committee">>

Failing to see why this has not been established by now. Especially ahead of something like a kit launch.

Open Day 1st July on 11:06 - Jul 1 with 2108 viewsste1

Open Day 1st July on 10:37 - Jul 1 by D_Alien

The round white collar (replacing the advertised slight v-shape black) utterly destroys the shirt

I think the kit looks great and like the collar. Launch is a bit shambolic though. Will still be picking one up

On a pale blue dot

Open Day 1st July on 11:17 - Jul 1 with 2062 viewsD_Alien

Open Day 1st July on 11:06 - Jul 1 by ste1

I think the kit looks great and like the collar. Launch is a bit shambolic though. Will still be picking one up

It's a design you'd wear on a lad's trip to Benidorm rather than play professional football in

Fair play for buying one
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 11:19]

Open Day 1st July on 11:27 - Jul 1 with 2014 viewsBainesy15

Open Day 1st July on 11:17 - Jul 1 by D_Alien

It's a design you'd wear on a lad's trip to Benidorm rather than play professional football in

Fair play for buying one
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 11:19]

Couldn't disagree more. I think it's really nice
Open Day 1st July on 11:42 - Jul 1 with 1941 viewsD_Alien

Open Day 1st July on 11:27 - Jul 1 by Bainesy15

Couldn't disagree more. I think it's really nice

You've nailed it - it's "nice"

Open Day 1st July on 11:49 - Jul 1 with 1903 viewsJames1980

What matters is that it isn't one of the kits we were asked to vote for. Why involve fans in the process to then to do this?

Open Day 1st July on 11:50 - Jul 1 with 1900 viewsSheffdale

Open Day 1st July on 11:42 - Jul 1 by D_Alien

You've nailed it - it's "nice"

Cheer up D_Alien, there's always the cricket - oh wait!
Open Day 1st July on 11:58 - Jul 1 with 1863 views442Dale

Open Day 1st July on 11:49 - Jul 1 by James1980

What matters is that it isn't one of the kits we were asked to vote for. Why involve fans in the process to then to do this?

In the interests of fairness, it was one of the designs but with that change of collar.

The frustrating thing about the process involving supporters both in the kit panel and in the vote is that no consistency around communicating changes and taking on board suggestions. But weโ€™re used to that and itโ€™s one of the reasons we are where we are.

Open Day 1st July on 12:14 - Jul 1 with 1810 viewsD_Alien

Open Day 1st July on 11:50 - Jul 1 by Sheffdale

Cheer up D_Alien, there's always the cricket - oh wait!

Yep, not nice is it

Open Day 1st July on 12:15 - Jul 1 with 1806 views49thseason

Open Day 1st July on 11:49 - Jul 1 by James1980

The problem as I see it is that there is probably only one person capable of amending the club s online shop, it isn't considered to be a priority, indeed the person responsible hasn't given a moments thought to the fact that the kit launch was on a Saturday when he/she, probably doesn't work on Saturdays anyway or does work Saturdays but takes Fridays in lieu. The fault sits with whoever is supposed to be managing the sales and marketing effort (I refrain from describing it as a department as that would infer some level of competence), a) for suddenly deciding it would be a good idea to have an open day, b) for not considering all the moving parts involved in that decision once made.

The lack of overall control is startling. The club needs to start an urgent enquiry into a) the decision to have an open day and its implications and b) having made that decision, what steps were taken to ensure it would be a success. Did anyone actually draw up a plan of action and discuss every aspect with everyone involved or was it another "on the hoof" jobs that inevitably result in poor outcomes?

If it is impossible to host an open day and update the online shop in a synchronised way, its is little wonder that just about every other sales and marketing effort like sponsorship, promotional efforts, liaison with other local websites, advertising of ticket sales, distribution of free tickets to schools and a whole host of other examples are done in such a sorry-arsed fashion. Indeed its becoming hard to even describe this shitshow as a business. No wonder there is so little enthusiasm for the myriad of suggestions that the fans made. Too many people are being paid too much for doing too little.
Open Day 1st July on 12:38 - Jul 1 with 1715 viewsJames1980

Open Day 1st July on 11:58 - Jul 1 by 442Dale

In the interests of fairness, it was one of the designs but with that change of collar.

The frustrating thing about the process involving supporters both in the kit panel and in the vote is that no consistency around communicating changes and taking on board suggestions. But weโ€™re used to that and itโ€™s one of the reasons we are where we are.

'One of these designs' not 'one of these but the collar might be a different colour'
How hard would it have been to involve fans in a vote for the colour of the collar?

Open Day 1st July on 12:46 - Jul 1 with 1685 viewsJames1980

Open Day 1st July on 12:15 - Jul 1 by 49thseason

The problem as I see it is that there is probably only one person capable of amending the club s online shop, it isn't considered to be a priority, indeed the person responsible hasn't given a moments thought to the fact that the kit launch was on a Saturday when he/she, probably doesn't work on Saturdays anyway or does work Saturdays but takes Fridays in lieu. The fault sits with whoever is supposed to be managing the sales and marketing effort (I refrain from describing it as a department as that would infer some level of competence), a) for suddenly deciding it would be a good idea to have an open day, b) for not considering all the moving parts involved in that decision once made.

The lack of overall control is startling. The club needs to start an urgent enquiry into a) the decision to have an open day and its implications and b) having made that decision, what steps were taken to ensure it would be a success. Did anyone actually draw up a plan of action and discuss every aspect with everyone involved or was it another "on the hoof" jobs that inevitably result in poor outcomes?

If it is impossible to host an open day and update the online shop in a synchronised way, its is little wonder that just about every other sales and marketing effort like sponsorship, promotional efforts, liaison with other local websites, advertising of ticket sales, distribution of free tickets to schools and a whole host of other examples are done in such a sorry-arsed fashion. Indeed its becoming hard to even describe this shitshow as a business. No wonder there is so little enthusiasm for the myriad of suggestions that the fans made. Too many people are being paid too much for doing too little.

The thread was started on 15th of June I think very close to when the open day was announced there were 12 working days including the 15th to organise this I know nowt about business but surely that was enough time to organise things more professionally.

Open Day 1st July on 12:49 - Jul 1 with 1673 viewsJames1980

Open Day 1st July on 12:15 - Jul 1 by 49thseason

Anyway how is the day going?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 12:57]

Open Day 1st July on 13:07 - Jul 1 with 1610 views_Windydale

Just been at 11.45 to pick up 5 season tickets. Club shop sales have apparently been great and very busy since 9am - non stop.
No 3XL's for the taller, bigger lads but happily picked up a training shirt which is a nice design. I did ask if they had the v neck editions which I saw online. but only the r ound collar available. Ill still get one..
[Post edited 1 Jul 2023 13:13]
Open Day 1st July on 13:20 - Jul 1 with 1573 viewsTVOS1907

Open Day 1st July on 10:37 - Jul 1 by D_Alien

I don't know why the colour of the round neck has changed - maybe we'll get told - but personally, I prefer it as it is now.

'Personally' being the key word here, as one man's black round neck is another man's white round neck.

Let's hope there's a bit of white and blue on the black shorts and socks to complete the overall look.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024