Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FGR 09:44 - Jul 5 with 15066 viewsloftboy

Appoint a female manager, social media already full of full on sexist comments, surely if she has the qualifications and the confidence to do the job then that’s all that matters?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

FGR on 11:50 - Jul 5 with 2027 viewsSheffieldHoop

A non-league answer to the Fabergé egg club. Never heard of this woman, but sure she'll be OK. Imagine the players will be happy so long as the owner stays out of their way.

Just announced DPD as their new back-of-shirt sponsor. Yeah, the one with all the vans driving around all day pumping carbon into the atmosphere. Sportswashing? Greenwashing? Football is open to it all.

I would also love to see Sarina Weigman manage the likes of Banjamin "I've slept with over 10,000 women" Mendy. Would make a hilarious "All or Nothing" - I'm not sure it would go well.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

FGR on 11:52 - Jul 5 with 2029 viewsSakura

FGR on 10:00 - Jul 5 by bosh67

Sarina Wiegman will be managing in the men's Premier League within 2-years I reckon. If we were looking for a manager and she was available I would take her like a shot. I think she's easily capable of managing at that level.

What makes you so confident to say that? Women's football is just such a low standard so although I know nothing about her I find it hard to take that comment seriously

Women's football is not even U15's Boys standard. FC Dallas U15's beat US Women's team 5-2. They were the current World Champions

And just recently a Wrexham team beat them 12-0 with Lee Trundle scoring4 goals

What makes her so elite compared to any of the thousands of academy coaches out there operating at the same or a higher standard of football. Like QPR U16's for example
[Post edited 5 Jul 2023 11:54]
FGR on 11:56 - Jul 5 with 2037 viewsCateLeBonR

FGR on 11:37 - Jul 5 by Gloucs_R

If Chelsea specifically targeted schools in the Bush and all QPR areas to convert kids to support them, how would that make you feel?

The other comment was quite funny. I actually dont mind the odd Veggie burger but it should be my choice and inclusive for all. Imagine going to a club which made a stand by only selling meat products because the owner felt that everyone should eat meat.

Wasn’t there a thread a couple of years ago on here about a massive Chelsea poster outside Shepherds Bush Underground station?

Anyway I’d take a Forest Bean Burger over a Loftus Roadkill Halfpounder anyday.
FGR on 12:02 - Jul 5 with 1993 viewskensalriser

FGR on 11:46 - Jul 5 by Gloucs_R

Sigh.... You know there world has moved on. Let's leave it there.

So you don't like the guy's politics. Boo f***ing hoo.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

FGR on 12:03 - Jul 5 with 1992 viewsdmm

FGR on 11:50 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

A non-league answer to the Fabergé egg club. Never heard of this woman, but sure she'll be OK. Imagine the players will be happy so long as the owner stays out of their way.

Just announced DPD as their new back-of-shirt sponsor. Yeah, the one with all the vans driving around all day pumping carbon into the atmosphere. Sportswashing? Greenwashing? Football is open to it all.

I would also love to see Sarina Weigman manage the likes of Banjamin "I've slept with over 10,000 women" Mendy. Would make a hilarious "All or Nothing" - I'm not sure it would go well.

I've no idea why you'd think a woman couldn't handle someone like Mendy as effectively as a man.
FGR on 12:09 - Jul 5 with 1972 viewsQPR_John

FGR on 10:33 - Jul 5 by Tonto

9 comments, 2 of which are irrelevant at best and only show that Loftboy was, sadly right in his original post.

Guess you are referring to my post. But it is a legitimate point and I do not understand the problem. I have not once suggested she would not do a good job. There are cases of male managers in women's football. I guess the manager does not go storming into the dressing room immediately after the match or if so the team wait before showering. If that is acceptable then fine. I guess currently in men's football the manager walks into the dressing room whenever he likes and does not wait for the team to finish showering, just saying in the situation at FGR that will change. Just as likely the female manager would not be comfortable in a room with a group of naked men anymore than the players would be comfortable although I guess the latter is not as likely as the former. Whoops being sexist again.
FGR on 12:19 - Jul 5 with 1941 viewsGloucs_R

FGR on 12:02 - Jul 5 by kensalriser

So you don't like the guy's politics. Boo f***ing hoo.

I don't like any type of politics in football.

Isn't that the stance of most genuine supporters?

Poll: Are we staying up?

FGR on 12:20 - Jul 5 with 1935 viewskensalriser

FGR on 12:09 - Jul 5 by QPR_John

Guess you are referring to my post. But it is a legitimate point and I do not understand the problem. I have not once suggested she would not do a good job. There are cases of male managers in women's football. I guess the manager does not go storming into the dressing room immediately after the match or if so the team wait before showering. If that is acceptable then fine. I guess currently in men's football the manager walks into the dressing room whenever he likes and does not wait for the team to finish showering, just saying in the situation at FGR that will change. Just as likely the female manager would not be comfortable in a room with a group of naked men anymore than the players would be comfortable although I guess the latter is not as likely as the former. Whoops being sexist again.

The first thing about this appointment that came to my mind wasn't an array of naked male genitalia, but whatever floats your boat.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

FGR on 12:35 - Jul 5 with 1874 viewsKonk

FGR on 11:50 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

DPD have all-electric fleets, or should have by the end of the year, in most major British cities. So, they’re making progress.

https://www.dpd.co.uk/content/about_dpd/press_centre/dpd-confirms-all-electric-d

As for Gloucs comments about being “forced” to eat vegan food, with the honourable exception of Kiddy, Walsall, Brighton, and Torquay, virtually every club has “forced” me to eat shi t food for the past 45 years, and in the case of Patrick Thistle, seemingly sold me a pie that was filled with actual shit. If not buying dubious meat products for 2 hours upsets people so much, presumably they’re still free to take pork pies, chicken wings, and pork chops into the ground?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

FGR on 12:39 - Jul 5 with 1855 viewsDannyPaddox

FGR on 11:56 - Jul 5 by CateLeBonR

Wasn’t there a thread a couple of years ago on here about a massive Chelsea poster outside Shepherds Bush Underground station?

Anyway I’d take a Forest Bean Burger over a Loftus Roadkill Halfpounder anyday.

I know for a fact someone came out of the Central Bar (the Wetherspoons W12) after a few jars one Sunday midnight saw that huge Ch*ls** poster. Went straight into the adjoining 7/11, Londis, Happy Shopper (whatever it’s called), bought a dozen eggs and flung them all at the oversized bastard abomination.

Anyway don’t wish to hijack the thread. Never heard of Hannah Dingley before but I wish her all the best.
FGR on 12:43 - Jul 5 with 1827 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This thread in a nutshell:

OP: Forest Green Rovers have appointed a woman. She’s attracted some sexist comments online.
HBs: What about the vegan burgers, genitals in the showers, and alleged rapists though?
FGR on 12:45 - Jul 5 with 1812 viewsKonk

I would imagine it would work in the same way as when you have a bloke coaching a women’s team. Presumably not an insurmountable problem.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

FGR on 12:49 - Jul 5 with 1797 viewsCateLeBonR

FGR on 12:39 - Jul 5 by DannyPaddox

I know for a fact someone came out of the Central Bar (the Wetherspoons W12) after a few jars one Sunday midnight saw that huge Ch*ls** poster. Went straight into the adjoining 7/11, Londis, Happy Shopper (whatever it’s called), bought a dozen eggs and flung them all at the oversized bastard abomination.

Anyway don’t wish to hijack the thread. Never heard of Hannah Dingley before but I wish her all the best.

Wouldn’t it be funny if Gloucs_R did something similar to the FGR owner with a carton of ‘Oggs’.

Oh the irony!
FGR on 12:59 - Jul 5 with 1754 viewsGloucs_R

FGR on 12:49 - Jul 5 by CateLeBonR

Wouldn’t it be funny if Gloucs_R did something similar to the FGR owner with a carton of ‘Oggs’.

Oh the irony!

Well that single-handedly lightened this thread 👍😂👏

Poll: Are we staying up?

FGR on 13:09 - Jul 5 with 1709 viewsdaveB

FGR on 11:52 - Jul 5 by Sakura

What makes you so confident to say that? Women's football is just such a low standard so although I know nothing about her I find it hard to take that comment seriously

Women's football is not even U15's Boys standard. FC Dallas U15's beat US Women's team 5-2. They were the current World Champions

And just recently a Wrexham team beat them 12-0 with Lee Trundle scoring4 goals

What makes her so elite compared to any of the thousands of academy coaches out there operating at the same or a higher standard of football. Like QPR U16's for example
[Post edited 5 Jul 2023 11:54]

That wasn't the US Womens team that lost to Wrexham and those under 15 teams, that was made up of former players and a few young kids

I went to the womens FA Cup Final and thought the standard was pretty good, very skillful and lot less physical but was pretty good. We'd struggle to beat some of them but that's not really an issue.

She won't be bringing female players with her to manage it will be a mens team but have a woman picking it so don't see an issue really. No different to someone managing in league 2 with crap players then working their way to the Champions League like Eddie Howe has done, you just adapt to players you are working with
FGR on 13:12 - Jul 5 with 1685 viewsdaveB

You know most clubs have female coaches and physios on the staff now so it's not an issue. Would be weird for a male manager to be talking to the players whilst they are having a shower as well.

The womens game is full of male coaches and managers, I'm sure they manage to avoid being in the room with naked women, they'll have towels and clothes to cover bits up
FGR on 13:14 - Jul 5 with 1677 viewsslmrstid

I don't really see the issue with them giving out free stuff to kids, isn't that how you build up the supporters of tomorrow?

And giving Gloucs countered that with "how would you feel if Chelsea did that in the Bush"...well, it'd be down to QPR to counter that and come up with something to encourage them to Loftus Road instead. And if they didn't because they couldn't be bothered or just shrugged their shoulders and went "well we can't compete with Chelsea" then that's their own stupid fault.

Atalanta in Italy send every kid born within Bergamo an Atalanta shirt the moment they're born. Free stuff now equals £££ in future.
FGR on 13:23 - Jul 5 with 1623 viewsSheffieldHoop

FGR on 12:35 - Jul 5 by Konk

DPD have all-electric fleets, or should have by the end of the year, in most major British cities. So, they’re making progress.

https://www.dpd.co.uk/content/about_dpd/press_centre/dpd-confirms-all-electric-d

As for Gloucs comments about being “forced” to eat vegan food, with the honourable exception of Kiddy, Walsall, Brighton, and Torquay, virtually every club has “forced” me to eat shi t food for the past 45 years, and in the case of Patrick Thistle, seemingly sold me a pie that was filled with actual shit. If not buying dubious meat products for 2 hours upsets people so much, presumably they’re still free to take pork pies, chicken wings, and pork chops into the ground?

Do they? I pass the DPD Depot on the Great West industrial estate quite regularly and I haven't seen any electric vans. Wonder where they all are? Out on photo opportunities?

I was speaking with a renewable energy scientist at Kings Cambridge recently who maintained driving a 1920s British Motorcycle was in fact greener than driving a modern electric Triumph alternative, based purely on the emissions created by the production of the machine. The emissions created by a new electric vehicle are enormous, would need to drive your old Triumph around for decades to come close to it. Something you rarely hear when discussing electric vehicles.

And electric actually works really well for bikes. For vans, HGVs (Basically anything larger/heavier than a smart car), Hydrogen is a far more realistic prospect for a 'Green' future.

FGR on 13:43 - Jul 5 with 1573 viewsQPR_John

FGR on 12:20 - Jul 5 by kensalriser

The first thing about this appointment that came to my mind wasn't an array of naked male genitalia, but whatever floats your boat.

Laugh I nearly started
FGR on 13:46 - Jul 5 with 1561 viewsQPR_John

FGR on 12:45 - Jul 5 by Konk

I would imagine it would work in the same way as when you have a bloke coaching a women’s team. Presumably not an insurmountable problem.

Maybe not insurmountable but a problem never the less. The dressing room culture I would suggest in men’s football is somewhat different from women’s football.
FGR on 13:49 - Jul 5 with 1553 viewsterryb

FGR on 11:40 - Jul 5 by Gloucs_R

Ok, back to my point.... Hope she fails and the next one and the next one and the next one....

I do understand your feelings towards FGR.

It reads a lot like how I used to feel towards the w*****s from South Bucks, just off the M40. Thankfully I've mellowed & only detest them these days!

Bringing items outside of football into the discussion isn't helping you though. Just leave it like your comment that I've quoted!
FGR on 13:49 - Jul 5 with 1549 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Some of you guys think about cocks too much.
FGR on 14:26 - Jul 5 with 1475 viewsSheffieldHoop

FGR on 12:03 - Jul 5 by dmm

I've no idea why you'd think a woman couldn't handle someone like Mendy as effectively as a man.

OK? Are you asking me, or just virtue signalling?

FGR on 14:36 - Jul 5 with 1451 viewsSonofpugwash

Well the tea cups thrown around the dressing room at half time will be Spode or Sevres at the very least.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

FGR on 14:39 - Jul 5 with 1446 viewsAntti_Heinola

FGR on 13:49 - Jul 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Some of you guys think about cocks too much.

Is it possible to think about cocks too much?

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024