Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting stat 18:49 - Sep 18 with 1494 viewsMattFinish

I know RM will quite rightly not criticise players and clearly backs Bazunu but here is an interesting fact

Sheffield Wednesday had 1 shot on target and scored 1 goal
Norwich had 8 shots on target and scored 4
Plymouth had 2 shots on target and scored 1
QPR 3 shots on target and scored 1
Sunderland had 10 shots on target and scored 5
Leicester had 8 shots on target and scored 4

So basically teams are scoring with more than 50% of shots on target against us. Whereas I'm not putting the blame entirely at Baz's door as our defence has been poor he must take a lot of the blame

In 6 games we have conceded nearly half as many as the top 6 sides combined. We have conceded more goals than any other team in the football leage apart from Sutton Utd who are rock bottom.

RM needs to sort this out and quickly
Interesting stat on 18:54 - Sep 18 with 1460 views1885_SFC

The only slight glimmer of light is that RM hasn't had a settled back four. If we can get Janny B and Jack Stephens fit, we might start shoring up the defence a little & give Bazunu a tad more protection.

Old School is Cool

Interesting stat on 18:57 - Sep 18 with 1455 viewsMattFinish

Interesting stat on 18:54 - Sep 18 by 1885_SFC

The only slight glimmer of light is that RM hasn't had a settled back four. If we can get Janny B and Jack Stephens fit, we might start shoring up the defence a little & give Bazunu a tad more protection.

True and as I said I'm not entirely blaming Baz.

I'm disappointed we loaned ABK out. He would have been a monster in this league at least until the next window
Interesting stat on 20:30 - Sep 18 with 1367 viewsPatfromPoole

It is truly a sign of our desperation if we are pining for a return for Super Jack.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Interesting stat on 21:35 - Sep 18 with 1290 views1885_SFC

Interesting stat on 20:30 - Sep 18 by PatfromPoole

It is truly a sign of our desperation if we are pining for a return for Super Jack.

I'd say The Championship is his level to be fair to the lad.

Old School is Cool

Interesting stat on 21:38 - Sep 18 with 1285 views1885_SFC

Interesting stat on 18:57 - Sep 18 by MattFinish

True and as I said I'm not entirely blaming Baz.

I'm disappointed we loaned ABK out. He would have been a monster in this league at least until the next window

And the bottler Salisu.

Old School is Cool

Interesting stat on 23:23 - Sep 18 with 1209 viewssaint22

this highlights our issue
they are NOT the answer
We needed new centre backs, we got one whom it was said would be the answer after last season at BurnlEy, frankly he didn't look it on friday
relying on Janny and Jacky is just adding salt to the would

we needed a keeper CBs and another LB or RB and we got nowhere near what we need nd now we leak goals

No surprise anywhere
Interesting stat on 09:43 - Sep 19 with 1055 viewsIfonly

Interesting stat on 23:23 - Sep 18 by saint22

this highlights our issue
they are NOT the answer
We needed new centre backs, we got one whom it was said would be the answer after last season at BurnlEy, frankly he didn't look it on friday
relying on Janny and Jacky is just adding salt to the would

we needed a keeper CBs and another LB or RB and we got nowhere near what we need nd now we leak goals

No surprise anywhere

No he didn't look it on Friday. But neither will any other CB playing in that system where they are constantly exposed. It's pointless looking for miracle CBs or "leaders" when the system itself is set up to concede goals.

Baz isn't the greatest keeper, but it's the same with him. He's also being left exposed because we don't defend as a team and our own tactics put us in trouble.
Interesting stat on 10:28 - Sep 19 with 1020 viewsDorsetIan

Never mind the defenders.

If you play a system where KWP and shea Charles are playing musical chairs with the right back position, while the keeper is trying to distribute short to them, it's a recipe for disaster.

Far too complicated and clever. We were rightly punished.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting stat on 10:54 - Sep 19 with 998 viewsfelly1

Interesting stat on 09:43 - Sep 19 by Ifonly

No he didn't look it on Friday. But neither will any other CB playing in that system where they are constantly exposed. It's pointless looking for miracle CBs or "leaders" when the system itself is set up to concede goals.

Baz isn't the greatest keeper, but it's the same with him. He's also being left exposed because we don't defend as a team and our own tactics put us in trouble.

Spot on mate...
Interesting stat on 11:14 - Sep 19 with 969 viewssaintwizzler

Interesting stat on 10:54 - Sep 19 by felly1

Spot on mate...

Agreed.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Interesting stat on 11:45 - Sep 19 with 934 viewsSonicBoom

I keep saying it... what is it about our new "tactics" that is so complicated that it takes 6 months to teach to a team of professional footballers.
Martin hasn't invented a completely new form of football. Even Pep can't claim to have done that.
Interesting stat on 18:45 - Sep 19 with 759 viewsMattFinish

Interesting stat on 11:45 - Sep 19 by SonicBoom

I keep saying it... what is it about our new "tactics" that is so complicated that it takes 6 months to teach to a team of professional footballers.
Martin hasn't invented a completely new form of football. Even Pep can't claim to have done that.

Whether or not RM makes a success of the tippy tappy style of play and emulates Pep, I just don’t like it.
Pep didn’t invent it, he ruined it.
Dutch total football was technical but exciting. Pep took it and drained the life out of it. There was nothing more boring than watching Iniesta and Xavi play ten 5 yard passes back and forward to each other under no pressure
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024