Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's 19:40 - Sep 22 with 1426 viewsdurham_exile

Ignore the midweek match which ended in a 5-0 defeat to an efficient Spurs U21 team.
BG made 11 changes to the side which were unlucky to only draw with Mansfield on Saturday and he will select a strong starting XI at Gresty Road against Lee Bell’s Railwaymen on Saturday.

Crewe sit eighth in the table with 13 points from 8 matches. They have also managed to come back on three occasions this season from 2-0 deficits to draw the games. Colchester sit in 18th place with 7 points from 7 games.

So, Saturday will not be an easy game for the U’s but I am confident that Colchester can continue their decent recent league form with an impressive 3-1 victory. Taylor, Tovide and substitute Ihionvien to score the goals.

Now as there are no scheduled train strikes from the Brothers Whelan and Lynch this weekend I am relying on Avanti West Coast to get me to Crewe from Penrith. Having driven down to Walsall a fortnight ago I am looking forward to letting the train take the strain on this occasion.

Now with the good news that injured Nico Lawrence is ahead of schedule to return to the team, we hope that Fiacre Kelleher and Owura Edwards will soon be able to join the matchday squad too.

Edwards with Taylor and Tovide would eventually make an awesome front three.

I want to see Noah Chilvers stand up and be counted tomorrow. Should he have an indifferent game then BG may have to replace him with Jay Mingi who impressed during the week.

However, until their return from injury or fitness concerns it is not difficult to anticipate an unchanged team at Gresty Road this weekend. BG will then have more problems keeping a strong squad satisfied with everyone angling for a starting berth.

Goodman

Egbo Mitchell Hall

Fevrier Read McGeehan Kazeem

Chilvers

Tovide Taylor

Subs:
Smith Bandeira Mingi Ihionvien Akinde Beadle Hopper

Alex Newby who has unfortunately not been able to make an impression in the team this season has headed out on loan to Altrincham. We wish him well.

Now the weather in Crewe East Cheshire tomorrow will be 16 degrees Celsius, partly sunny and dry. In fact, good weather for football.

So, three points on the road tomorrow.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 00:07 - Sep 23 with 1372 viewswessex_exile

Great preview as ever Durham, thanks. I'm also Crewe-bound tomorrow, so whilst that means no KMB blog, I'm looking forward to seeing you at Gresty Road. Fingers-crossed we have a better day than the last time we were there together.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 02:44 - Sep 23 with 1362 viewsghughes11

Kelleher mentioned that he is out for 4 weeks with a groin injury, on his BBC Essex interview at half time during the Spurs U21 match.

Nico Lawrence is apparently doing well and ahead of schedule according to Gazette!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 06:57 - Sep 23 with 1352 viewsdurham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 00:07 - Sep 23 by wessex_exile

Great preview as ever Durham, thanks. I'm also Crewe-bound tomorrow, so whilst that means no KMB blog, I'm looking forward to seeing you at Gresty Road. Fingers-crossed we have a better day than the last time we were there together.

Wessex excellent news.
Travel safe.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 07:00 - Sep 23 with 1351 viewsdurham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 02:44 - Sep 23 by ghughes11

Kelleher mentioned that he is out for 4 weeks with a groin injury, on his BBC Essex interview at half time during the Spurs U21 match.

Nico Lawrence is apparently doing well and ahead of schedule according to Gazette!

Ghughes sorry to hear that Kells is out for another month.

The U's Christmas present to the faithful will be a full strength team and some great results!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 14:15 - Sep 23 with 1295 viewsdurham_exile

Indeed unchanged team

Goodman

Egbo Mitchell Hall

Fevrier McGeehan Read Kazeem

Chilvers

Tovide Taylor

Subs
Smith Greenidge Bandeira Hopper Mingi Thomas Ihionvien

Up the U's

Weather warm and sunny
Pitch good
Mood upbeat

Scoreline 3-1 SuperU's

Durham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 15:32 - Sep 23 with 1276 viewsgerry_us

We are thrashing them in terms of possession and shots on goal.
Pity then to be 2 - 0 adrift!
Best to come though
Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 15:56 - Sep 23 with 1264 viewsdurham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 15:32 - Sep 23 by gerry_us

We are thrashing them in terms of possession and shots on goal.
Pity then to be 2 - 0 adrift!
Best to come though

Gerry
Spot on.
Despite 2-0 down we are the better team.
More intent and commitment.
But no goals yet.

3-2 U's is now the prediction.

Up the U:s

BG needs to be brave and bring Ihionvien on and take Kazeem off.

Play Taylor Tovide and Ihionvien up front with Fevrier on the wing.

Be brave

Durham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 17:02 - Sep 23 with 1239 viewsCrashBandicoot

How the heck did we lose that today? We should have scored 3 or 4.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Login to get fewer ads

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 17:25 - Sep 23 with 1221 viewsdurham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 17:02 - Sep 23 by CrashBandicoot

How the heck did we lose that today? We should have scored 3 or 4.

That Crash is the right question.

Another day Taylor and Tovide would have had a hattrick each.

Best team lost but we can't feel sorry for ourselves.

We cannot give teams a two goal start.

Sadly the last three games I've been to at Gresty Road have all been like this one.

Onwards and upwards

Up the U's
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 20:28]

Durham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 17:29 - Sep 23 with 1211 viewsdurham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 17:25 - Sep 23 by durham_exile

That Crash is the right question.

Another day Taylor and Tovide would have had a hattrick each.

Best team lost but we can't feel sorry for ourselves.

We cannot give teams a two goal start.

Sadly the last three games I've been to at Gresty Road have all been like this one.

Onwards and upwards

Up the U's
[Post edited 23 Sep 2023 20:28]

Great to see you today Wessex

Have a safe journey home.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 18:54 - Sep 23 with 1175 viewsnoah4x4

Best 82 minutes of the season. Just a shame we were dozy for the first 8.

Given the chances, we still should have won
Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 20:26 - Sep 23 with 1148 viewsdurham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 18:54 - Sep 23 by noah4x4

Best 82 minutes of the season. Just a shame we were dozy for the first 8.

Given the chances, we still should have won

Definitely right Noah.

Durham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 21:50 - Sep 23 with 1110 viewswessex_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 20:26 - Sep 23 by durham_exile

Definitely right Noah.

Never mind Railwaymen, more like highwaymen - robbed at the turnstile, robbed on the pitch, but that's what you get when you give them a two goal start. We are definitely moving in the right direction performance-wise, but how many points is that this season that we've deserved and not taken?

Good to see you both Durham and Noah.

Up the U's

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 23:05 - Sep 23 with 1089 viewswessex_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 21:50 - Sep 23 by wessex_exile

Never mind Railwaymen, more like highwaymen - robbed at the turnstile, robbed on the pitch, but that's what you get when you give them a two goal start. We are definitely moving in the right direction performance-wise, but how many points is that this season that we've deserved and not taken?

Good to see you both Durham and Noah.

Just added it up. Opinions may differ on these, but by my reckoning we should have won at Bradford (3pts), should have beaten MK Dons (3pts), should have beaten Mansfield (2pts) and should have beaten Crewe today (3pts). That’s 11pts missed, which would put us second!

Up the U's

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 05:44 - Sep 24 with 1062 viewsnoah4x4

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 23:05 - Sep 23 by wessex_exile

Just added it up. Opinions may differ on these, but by my reckoning we should have won at Bradford (3pts), should have beaten MK Dons (3pts), should have beaten Mansfield (2pts) and should have beaten Crewe today (3pts). That’s 11pts missed, which would put us second!

We can never underestimate the resilience of the opposition. In Rugby Union, the best/dominant side inevitably wins. But in soccer, the difference can be merely a single strike on goal. Based on shots on target, recent results appear bizarre.

We should have scored three against both Mansfield and Crewe, but didn’t. Credit to their defences, but one must question the accuracy of our shooting. Yet again, Tovide had multiple chances and couldn’t hit the proverbial barn door, albeit he did eventually score. Until then, fans around me were begging Garner to make a change. Taylor missed at least three that on another day might have hit the net.

We started the season with concerns about our strikers and nothing has changed other than in Taylor we do have one positive option. Bradley unspellable scored one wonder goal (Gillingham ) and stole one from Akinde that was already destined for the net, but otherwise has looked a tad lost. Tovide “kicks who he wants” and causes mayhem but is as inaccurate as a spud-gun. A Cureton, Iwelumo or my favorite, Scott McGleish would have put us in the top three by now. But unlike past seasons, we are playing well enough to snatch results when oppositions have the shi5 fortune.
Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 08:34 - Sep 24 with 1048 viewsthrillseeker

I am becoming very frustrated with the constant we played excellent whilst not gaining any points.

It may look pretty but if we are not decisive in front of goal then pretty football is pointless.

Another 3 points dropped but it doesn't matter as it was a nice watch.
Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 09:54 - Sep 24 with 1030 viewsburnsieespana

To dispirited to say anything.
Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 16:17 - Sep 24 with 992 viewsdurham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 08:34 - Sep 24 by thrillseeker

I am becoming very frustrated with the constant we played excellent whilst not gaining any points.

It may look pretty but if we are not decisive in front of goal then pretty football is pointless.

Another 3 points dropped but it doesn't matter as it was a nice watch.

TS

21 shots 6 on target tells its own story.
Third successive game at Crewe where we should have come away with something.and ended with nothing

I agree it was a great attacking performance but like you frustrating that another three points lost.

Samson, Joe, Noah all missed very presentable chances.

Notts County will offer another tough challenge next week.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 17:45 - Sep 24 with 974 viewsCrashBandicoot

I reckon at some point (can't say when or which match) we will just absolutely demolish a team the way we are playing. We just need to be more clinical in front of goal though the ability is definitely there.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 09:47 - Sep 25 with 902 viewsburnsieespana

Spare a thought for Cheltenham fans as they have yet to see a goal from their team after 9 games!
Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 13:55 - Sep 25 with 872 viewsLeadbelly

Railwaymen to hit the buffers at Gresty Road against the Super U's on 16:17 - Sep 24 by durham_exile

TS

21 shots 6 on target tells its own story.
Third successive game at Crewe where we should have come away with something.and ended with nothing

I agree it was a great attacking performance but like you frustrating that another three points lost.

Samson, Joe, Noah all missed very presentable chances.

Notts County will offer another tough challenge next week.

Up the U's

"21 shots 6 on target tells its own story"

" Colchester United had 21 shots, 6 on target, scored 1 goal; Crewe had 10 shots, 3 on target, scored 2 goals" Same story told from a different perspective.

The only stats that count are goals for and goals against. And I have never understood the use of "deserve" in a football context. How do we deserve anything for losing a game? There are no points available for attractive play or creating chances and results are not a matter of opinion. Unless the EFL appoints judges to award points for artistic impression we'll continue drawing a blank when we concede more goals than we score.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024