Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield 14:50 - Sep 25 with 11629 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/60932/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 11:05 - Sep 26 with 8601 viewsDareToCalvin

Really looking forward to this tonight.
Barnet was a really good test and will be up there come May but I expect Chesterfield to win the league, so this will be a brilliant game to see truly where we are.

We may go behind, and even lose, but I'm really hoping we stay positive and get behind them. From my point of view, we've started really well considering the finances and having a rookie manager, but full credit to MRKT, the board and Jim for how we have started, long may it continue.

Let's hope we can really put on a show in front of the nation!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 12:00 - Sep 26 with 8507 viewshowy10

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 11:05 - Sep 26 by DareToCalvin

Really looking forward to this tonight.
Barnet was a really good test and will be up there come May but I expect Chesterfield to win the league, so this will be a brilliant game to see truly where we are.

We may go behind, and even lose, but I'm really hoping we stay positive and get behind them. From my point of view, we've started really well considering the finances and having a rookie manager, but full credit to MRKT, the board and Jim for how we have started, long may it continue.

Let's hope we can really put on a show in front of the nation!

Fully agree TDC. This will be a good test tonight.
Yes, I would love a win tonight, but if not, as long as we put in a good performance and effort, then that'll do for me.
Let's get behind them from the first minute till last, especially from the fantastic support from the Sandy.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 13:37 - Sep 26 with 8322 viewsYadHoDale

A quote from a poster on Chesterfield's message board:
"Henderson WILL score against us. He has to by law, I think. Thankfully it waint be the only goal in the game."

Hendo does like scoring against Chesterfield. Hope he's fit to play a part in the game...
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 13:49 - Sep 26 with 8295 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 13:37 - Sep 26 by YadHoDale

"Henderson WILL score against us. He has to by law, I think. Thankfully it waint be the only goal in the game."

Hendo does like scoring against Chesterfield. Hope he's fit to play a part in the game...

7 goals against Chesterfield in his career, all for Dale.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 15:21 - Sep 26 with 8125 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 13:37 - Sep 26 by YadHoDale

He's like the Dale's version of Jack Lester, who I seem to recall always tormented us in his Spireites days....though my memory is getting a little hazy to be fair.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 16:26 - Sep 26 with 7951 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 15:21 - Sep 26 by richfoad32

He's like the Dale's version of Jack Lester, who I seem to recall always tormented us in his Spireites days....though my memory is getting a little hazy to be fair.

I hope tonight is not like Michael Palin’s Ripping Yarns and Chesterfield encourage Jack Lester out of retirement for this one.
This has been a gruelling 9 days for the Dale and I hope they have the energy levels to be competitive tonight. Tbf they haven’t lacked energy and more importantly desire despite the schedule. Would love 4 points from a the next two games. But trying to tell myself two would still be good. However living in Southend from a personal perspective I really want a Dale win on Saturday.
The difference in the quality on the bench could be a factor tonight. The fact they felt comfortable selling Jes to us tells me a lot.
Come on Dale get stuck it to them and get the ground buzzing. I love beating these.
UTD
[Post edited 26 Sep 2023 17:47]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 20:56 - Sep 26 with 7454 viewsD_Alien

The standard of football from both sides is way better than NL

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 20:57 - Sep 26 with 7440 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 20:56 - Sep 26 by D_Alien

Agreed, that was a superb first half. Really enjoying it in spite of us being behind.

UTDNFS

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 21:17 - Sep 26 with 7281 viewsRodingdale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 20:56 - Sep 26 by D_Alien

Apart from the dreadful defending?…..two crosses two free headers, two goals.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 22:56 - Sep 26 with 6700 viewsdalenumber2

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 12:00 - Sep 26 by howy10

Fully agree TDC. This will be a good test tonight.
Yes, I would love a win tonight, but if not, as long as we put in a good performance and effort, then that'll do for me.
Let's get behind them from the first minute till last, especially from the fantastic support from the Sandy.

Well I think we did put in a good performance and lots of effort tonight. To be honest, I have seen us lose in much more depressing ways!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 23:01 - Sep 26 with 6661 viewshowy10

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 22:56 - Sep 26 by dalenumber2

Well I think we did put in a good performance and lots of effort tonight. To be honest, I have seen us lose in much more depressing ways!

Yes, even after defeat I'm still feeling upbeat.
Especially after 4 years of dross.
This current team actually tries to play decent football, and that is all I can ask for.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 23:22 - Sep 26 with 6494 viewsDaleFan7

It was a great first half and a great advertisement for non-league football. They are clearly the best team in this division and I expect them to win it comfortably, though not with 100+ points. We split them open with some great passes through the middle which ultimately led to our goal. But again we're undone by woeful defending of balls into our box.

Second half, we dominated the ball but I don't think either keeper had a save of note to make. Chesterfield shut the channels we exploited in the first half and defended their lead well. I wish we'd have been a bit more urgent with our play but all in all it wasn't a bad performance despite the loss.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 23:31 - Sep 26 with 6425 viewsdingdangblue

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 23:40 - Sep 26 with 6378 viewsdingdangblue

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 01:18 - Sep 27 with 6168 views_Windydale

'I will love it if we beat them' to quote keegan. I didn't happen. But have been a big boost if it did.

The away fans chants/songs grated as they spent significant energy berating the home support all game. Fair enough if thats what floats their boat with less support pushing on their own team.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 02:32 - Sep 27 with 6084 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 01:18 - Sep 27 by _Windydale

'I will love it if we beat them' to quote keegan. I didn't happen. But have been a big boost if it did.

The away fans chants/songs grated as they spent significant energy berating the home support all game. Fair enough if thats what floats their boat with less support pushing on their own team.

I remember a game at Saltergate, where the home support got very upset at Dale fans waving brown envelopes and chucking fake notes into the air after the Spireites infamous financial irregularities / cheating.

Wonder what Will Grigg's wages are and how they are being paid?

Wonderful first half of football by both teams. A joy to watch after some of the kak we've endured as Dale fans since KH lost his mojo. Lack lustre second half all round. We were too slow in getting the ball in the box, again, but we've known worse. Chesterfield by far the best prepared team to win the NL, but they've had longer in the NL to prepare than we have. Big Jim getting the best he can from what he has - we've seen much worse from better budgets at Spotland.

UP THE DALE
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 06:16 - Sep 27 with 5875 viewsfrenzied

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 21:17 - Sep 26 by Rodingdale

As much as id like to,,i cant disagree with that.

All ball watching..i don't think any of our defenders jumped at all.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 08:04 - Sep 27 with 5611 viewsseasidedale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 21:17 - Sep 26 by Rodingdale

If heading had been banished from football 10 years ago we would be in the championship with the amount of goals conceded from headers
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 08:46 - Sep 27 with 5457 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 06:16 - Sep 27 by frenzied

As much as id like to,,i cant disagree with that.

All ball watching..i don't think any of our defenders jumped at all.

I think when the crosses are that good its very hard to defend - certainly the first 1. John should do better to stop it coming over as he just dangles a leg trying to block rather than showing much intent. The 2nd 1 we are ball watching definitely letting them take it short with not much urgency. Could Moulden try and punch? Again it happens so quick I wouldn't be too critical of the keeper - we got off lightly I thought because Chesterfield could have crossed more when they got in some good positions - if you were an opposition manager you'd definitely be urging your wide players to cross into our box as much as possible.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 09:37 - Sep 27 with 5260 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 08:46 - Sep 27 by dingdangblue

I think when the crosses are that good its very hard to defend - certainly the first 1. John should do better to stop it coming over as he just dangles a leg trying to block rather than showing much intent. The 2nd 1 we are ball watching definitely letting them take it short with not much urgency. Could Moulden try and punch? Again it happens so quick I wouldn't be too critical of the keeper - we got off lightly I thought because Chesterfield could have crossed more when they got in some good positions - if you were an opposition manager you'd definitely be urging your wide players to cross into our box as much as possible.

Both of Chesterfield's goals exposed our zonal approach to marking, in my opinion. Armando Dobra, perhaps the shortest player on the pitch, rose highest and not one of our players picked up his run. Those in the box were left looking perplexed at the lack of communication after he managed to head in.

Then Liam Mandeville received a short corner, wasn’t closed down as he should have been, and crossed for Tom Naylor to nod in. Again, two defenders either side of him failed to attack the ball, although Naylor did give himself a slight advantage by pushing off Harvey Gilmour.

For me, it's disappointing because those are the kind of goals that I believe are avoidable and we otherwise gave a good account of ourselves, especially in the first half.

Our wide players were getting little change on the flanks and, yes, Chesterfield employed some excellent game management in the second half, but, they are the best this division has to offer and we were in the game all night. We can take positives from the performance for sure.

The only other team I worry about us playing is Gateshead. They are very quick on the counter which worries me if we lose the ball playing in front of them, which is what we seem to want to do against most teams while we look for an opportunity of our own.

Anyway, Southend next. Can't take anything for granted, despite their current situation, and I'm hoping for a result that will see us conclude our second month in the National League sat in the play-offs.

Given where we were at the end of last season, and the lack of budget, that would be a tremendous achievement by this squad and McNulty.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 10:55 - Sep 27 with 4954 viewsjonahwhereru

Jim Mc “I wasn’t disappointed” sums it up nicely. Casual local TV viewers will see that and a few may now decide to come on Saturday.
Jim chose to give fulsome praise to the players, and I think he is a good man manager. Although that interview was more for the players that the fans.
The goal conceded at Bwood and these two clearly highlight issues, but without put blame on him, we are playing a 17 year old with about 10 games experience and a still maturing physic in there. He willl learn and make mistakes along the way. You could put the likes of Taylor in there, but them you miss out on excellent distribution. George passes like Craig, possible even better, but he at this stage cannot dominate the box like him. Although for there first goal Jes just let Dobra run by him.
Who would have thought after last season fans would be disappointed John may be out for a few games.
We have seem many a platform crumble and corner turn lead to no where before but I really hope the team take belief from this and can progress to a solid top 6 team.
UTD
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 12:15 - Sep 27 with 4683 views49thseason

On a slightly different note, I understand there was a presentation of some sort to Ian Henderson last night for his 400 appearances for the Club. It must have been very low key as where I was stood in the Sandy Lane End, there was no audible announcement, no obvious presentation and no great round of applause....What a shame for such a wonderful clubman, tantamount to an insult to him and those who have seen so many wonderful goals from him over the years. Shocking.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 12:23 - Sep 27 with 4647 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 12:15 - Sep 27 by 49thseason

On a slightly different note, I understand there was a presentation of some sort to Ian Henderson last night for his 400 appearances for the Club. It must have been very low key as where I was stood in the Sandy Lane End, there was no audible announcement, no obvious presentation and no great round of applause....What a shame for such a wonderful clubman, tantamount to an insult to him and those who have seen so many wonderful goals from him over the years. Shocking.

He was given a "great round of applause" on the occasion of his 400th appearance, against Halifax; the last player onto the pitch as the announcement was made

No insult, no "shock"

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 12:57 - Sep 27 with 4456 views49thseason

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 12:23 - Sep 27 by D_Alien

He was given a "great round of applause" on the occasion of his 400th appearance, against Halifax; the last player onto the pitch as the announcement was made

No insult, no "shock"

Not much of a presention...any pictures? Any video? What did he receive?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 13:09 - Sep 27 with 4401 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Chesterfield on 12:57 - Sep 27 by 49thseason

Not much of a presention...any pictures? Any video? What did he receive?

I'm sure it'll appear on the OS in due course

What do you feel you've missed out on?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024