Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New leadership of Colchester United required 22:32 - Oct 21 with 1279 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I think Robbie Cowling should take a break from the club and allow someone else to re-evaluate how Colchester United is run.

I don't doubt his dedication to the cause but it just isn't working.

Appointment after appointment of Head Coaches.

Nothing works.

Some of these appointments were beyond belief.

Equally, some of the recruitment has been extremely ill judged.

I think Mr Cowling needs to take time out and consider the very radical decision of a caretaker owner to guide the club in a totally different direction.

This has gone on long enough.

New leadership of Colchester United required on 23:47 - Oct 21 with 1244 viewsLeadbelly

Ron Martin will be at a loose end soon!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

New leadership of Colchester United required on 09:39 - Oct 22 with 1197 viewsburnsieespana

New leadership of Colchester United required on 23:47 - Oct 21 by Leadbelly

Ron Martin will be at a loose end soon!

No assets to strip!
New leadership of Colchester United required on 11:34 - Oct 22 with 1166 viewsCrashBandicoot

In my opinion, RC has not done a good job as owner but if he was to put a caretaker owner in it probably wouldn't be an outsider but one of his hench people.

I think he needs to step back and let the coaching & recruitment staff handle player coaching and recruitment and not get involved by having his say on who comes in. A similar situation happened at Scunthorpe with the Swann family and look where that led them.

If god forbid we did go down (hopefully we won't) then I think RC will have lost complete support from fans and the whole team like Mr Crisp years ago and he will need to sell up.

As far as Mr Martin goes - he'd be less welcome here than at Southend.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

New leadership of Colchester United required on 16:50 - Oct 22 with 1122 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Since the early days at what was initially known as The Weston Homes Community Stadium the running order of those taking charge of first team duties and including multiple caretaker roles runs roughly as follows.

Paul Lambert

Joe Dunne

Aidy Boothroyd

John Ward

Joe Dunne

Tony Humes

Richard Hall

Wayne Brown

Kevin Keen

David Wright

Steve Ball

John McGreal

Steve Ball

Wayne Brown

Hayden Mullins

Wayne Brown

Steve Ball

Matt Bloomfield

Ross Embleton

Ben Garner

That's about 20 l think, which seems an awful lot.

But even more alarming is the massive amount of players bought in on loan, the vast majority of which have either quickly faded from view after a few fleeting appearances or in some cases, due to being unfit when they arrived at the club made no discernable contribution to the team.

There are exceptions who have made a difference on the pitch, but they are very much in the minority.

This has come at a massive cost to the club, or ultimately to its owner.

A great deal of this money has been spent unwisely.

Add to this a high number of players, particularly in recent seasons who have been contracted to the club, many of which have come with good reputations, but for whatever reason, have misfired. Or misfired in the opinion of the club.

I include Hanlon, Newby and Jay in this number.

I get the sense something isn't quite working behind the scenes.

I stand to be corrected but the past four years ( in particular ) suggest this may be the case.

As for Robbie, l just feel he has taken on too much in recent years in terms of football and in terms of life and business.

I am not suggesting he isn't making every effort to bring success to Colchester United.

But l am suggesting the business model and philosophy at the club may be flawed.

I think the man needs to take a break of some kind.

Having said all that, and like many others, l await in anticipation yet another name to add the ever growing list of Head Coaches.
New leadership of Colchester United required on 10:09 - Oct 23 with 1015 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Mullins was appointed alongside Tisdale initially.

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2021-04-01/paul-tisdale-joins-colchester-united-

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

New leadership of Colchester United required on 12:24 - Oct 23 with 1004 viewsSparkfilmsTV

Tisdale, yeah, forgot about him.

What a xxxxxxx farce!
New leadership of Colchester United required on 12:54 - Oct 23 with 998 viewsbwildered

Seems somewhat more bizarre, in that Jobserve being in the job recruitment industry, cannot find a decent acquisition for the football club .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

New leadership of Colchester United required on 13:48 - Oct 23 with 988 viewsSparkfilmsTV

I remember my Dad taking me to the pictures to watch Marlon Brando in Mutiny on the Bounty .....so that's what seems to have occured with Colchester United????

Just when you think things can't get any worse.....

What really happened at Forest Green?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024