Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! 12:55 - Nov 28 with 2193 viewsdurham_exile

After yet another debacle on Saturday where we crumbled after Jayden Fevrier was sent off and three goals were conceded in added time, ME takes his charges to Donny Rovers who sit just above the U’s.

Walsall 18 21
Doncaster 18 20
COL U 19 20
Grimsby 19 19
Tranmere 19 17
FGR 18 15
Sutton 19 13

So, a real six pointer (aren’t they all at present). And at a ground where we have a pretty wretched record. Indeed, over the years I have watched the U’s at Belle Vue and the Keepmoat on many occasions and can remember only one Colchester victory. That was the infamous match in 1998 when we travelled to Belle Vue Doncaster who were doomed to Non-League football and after at least three pitch invasions and a bizarre mock funeral we secured a 1-0 victory.

Since then, it has been all grim at both stadia (Belle Vue and Keepmoat). Last season we were unlucky to lose 1-0 in a dead rubber.

Tonight, however it is a question of whether Jekyll or Hyde turns up to take on Grant McCann’s side.

Injuries and suspensions notwithstanding ME still has plenty to choose from who should be good enough to bring home the three points. But will they.

Fevrier serves a one match ban as does Samson Tovide after accumulating 5 bookings. Mingi, Hall and Lawrence remain injured and although Akinde, Iandolo and Bandeira are training I don’t think any of them will be available at Donny Rovers tonight (now called the Eco Power Stadium).

But Goodman is likely to be fit. Please ME, play Kells tonight!!!! Might Matt Jay get some minutes too.

Therefore:

Goodman

Egbo Mitchell Kelleher Dallison

McGeehan Read Greenidge

Chilvers

Taylor Ihionvien

Subs
Smith Jay Hopper Kennedy Cooper Terry A.n. Other!

Now lets start to convert those chances. Give Taylor the service he craves and lets get something from this game where we traditionally don’t do well.

I am going for a 2-1 Colchester victory with Taylor and Ihionvien with the goals.

Weather at Doncaster tonight 3 degrees Celsius, mostly clear and dry.

Pre-match meal with Gerry the Cat and let’s hope for that vital victory in South Yorkshire.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 15:23 - Nov 28 with 2161 viewsnoah4x4

The full CUSA bus of faithful is now approaching Peterborough Services for refreshments. KFC? McDonald’s? Chopstixs? Mexican? M & S sarnie? All day breakfast? Decision always difficult. Will depend on what the queues look like.
Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 15:40 - Nov 28 with 2153 viewsgerry_us

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 15:23 - Nov 28 by noah4x4

The full CUSA bus of faithful is now approaching Peterborough Services for refreshments. KFC? McDonald’s? Chopstixs? Mexican? M & S sarnie? All day breakfast? Decision always difficult. Will depend on what the queues look like.

Well you certainly will be at the ground in time for KO.
Will see you there 👍
Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 15:45 - Nov 28 with 2150 viewsWitham

Make sure it's something warming. We have been in Sheffield today before travelling over to Donny and as the sun starts to drop the temperature is plummeting.
You should be snow free driving down Durham
See you all there
Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 21:30 - Nov 28 with 2050 viewsCrashBandicoot

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse...

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 21:40 - Nov 28 with 2030 viewsburnsieespana

Sadly I suspect the real Colchester turned up.
An own goal nd giving awY a ownalty.
The slide nto the sh##e accelerates.
Does our Manager not believe in using his subs?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 21:42]
Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 21:44 - Nov 28 with 2013 viewsCrashBandicoot

Useless team and perhaps this is starting to confirm peoples fears of ME being given the job. Obviously Crawley didn't let him go after 3 matches for nothing.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 21:49]

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 21:59 - Nov 28 with 1989 viewsnoah4x4

How many more simple errors? Smith & Greenidge, utter liabilities. A positive was a ten minute cameo from Matty Jay and Taylor’s goal, but he got zero service otherwise. Gloomy CUSA bus.
Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 22:26 - Nov 28 with 1953 viewsthrillseeker

Well done to all who went to match

I only watched game on ifollow but it was painful especially the 2nd half.

Too many liabilities tonight

Smith, Greenidge, Chilvers, Ihionvien

I thought Hopper started well but soon returned to normal self

Jay - a nice few touches in his 3 mins plus 7 additional. I do wonder what he has done to upset both BG & ME.

ME struggles with substitutions

Durham asks will the real Colchester United stand up - well we did.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 22:42]
Login to get fewer ads

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 22:33 - Nov 28 with 1945 viewsCrashBandicoot

This is proving just as shambolic as when BG was in charge. RC needs to start understanding fans fears about the direction the club seems to be going. We need a huge turnaround now and I can't see it happening with ME in charge.

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 22:49 - Nov 28 with 1926 viewsWitham

Someone on here described Greenidge in a pre season as a rabbit in the headlights. We have him too many times giving a poor performance to justify a first team place.
Smith should never have played - his attention to a Donny player meant he never even saw the corner coming over, let alone saved it.
And any manager worth his salt would go to the fans at the end. They are keen to take the glory so come and take the brickbats
Taylor and Jay at least tried.
Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 22:54 - Nov 28 with 1925 viewsWitham

Sorry Readie, you tried as well.
Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 00:55 - Nov 29 with 1888 viewsdurham_exile

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 22:54 - Nov 28 by Witham

Sorry Readie, you tried as well.

Good to see you Witham, plus Noah and enjoyed your company Gerry.

I am beginning to think that Gerry you need to put your gloves back on and get between the sticks.

I feel sorry for Arthur Read he is outstanding.

I dread Luton recalling Joe Taylor at Christmas.

Sadly ME is not the answer.

I know we still have a number of injuries.

Even Kells was quiet tonight.

Dallison only knows how to pass backwards.

I don't blame Ihionvien by the time he came on the game was lost.

No game at the weekend thank goodness.
Crawley becomes a six pointer and then the Racecourse and Parky.

One thing is now certain you will not read anymore comments from me about the Play Offs.

This is now officially another season of struggle.

Ugly scenes at the end of the game with a large number of angry fans confronting the players.

Disappointing that ME didn't come within 30 yards of the faithful

We deserve better than this rubbish.

My Wrexham tickets are in the post. We might just go and win there.

Time for my medication and a lie down in a darkened room.

Up the U's

Things can only get better!

Durham_exile

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 06:26 - Nov 29 with 1873 viewswessex_exile

I was out yesterday evening giving a presentation at a local Community Forum, so I had rather hoped I’d see good news on my phone when I left the venue and headed home. Sadly not, and definitely not one I’m planning to settle down and enjoy on the iFollow re-run today.

7 goals conceded in two games, even if two last night were an OG and penalty. Surely time to recall Hornby until Owen’s fit again by the sound of it. I don’t think there’s a cat in hell’s chance Luton will recall Joe btw.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 08:53 - Nov 29 with 1825 viewsbwildered

Sadly the ME honeymoon is over, (was it a married at first sight arrangement ) and the Nomomentum tour is very much back on track .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 13:29 - Nov 29 with 1755 viewsgerry_us

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 08:53 - Nov 29 by bwildered

Sadly the ME honeymoon is over, (was it a married at first sight arrangement ) and the Nomomentum tour is very much back on track .

We just weren't at the races last night.. .Doncaster!!! Get it?
It was one of the most inept performance I have witnessed in many years of supporting the U's
We did not compete for the first thirty minutes and deserved to be behind. However the rest of the first half showed we can actually play the game and deservedly equalised. Thoughts of a positive half time talk would get us a win. How wrong I was...team talk obviously was of "let's hang on the the point we have" as we hardly set foot in Donny's half for the rest of the match until added on time and 3-1 down. Disgraceful performance and we desperately need a GK who can actually stop a ball, control his penalty box and his defence.
And ME?
FOE!!!
Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 14:44 - Nov 29 with 1746 viewsdurham_exile

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 13:29 - Nov 29 by gerry_us

We just weren't at the races last night.. .Doncaster!!! Get it?
It was one of the most inept performance I have witnessed in many years of supporting the U's
We did not compete for the first thirty minutes and deserved to be behind. However the rest of the first half showed we can actually play the game and deservedly equalised. Thoughts of a positive half time talk would get us a win. How wrong I was...team talk obviously was of "let's hang on the the point we have" as we hardly set foot in Donny's half for the rest of the match until added on time and 3-1 down. Disgraceful performance and we desperately need a GK who can actually stop a ball, control his penalty box and his defence.
And ME?
FOE!!!

No complaints from me there Gerry. Accurate assessment of the proceedings.

I am still seething and will consider my comments tomorrow.

Hope you had a good journey home.

My journey back was good apart from the result.
Apart from that Mrs Lincoln how did you enjoy the show?

It was grim.
I have never heard so many of the more mature faithful incensed as last night.
More late goals and of course we missed two great chances in the last 6 minutes.

What is so annoying is that we make these teams look good.

ME on borrowed time - it is shocking.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 15:23 - Nov 29 with 1740 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Did anyone else think the penalty was soft and possibly outside the area?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 15:43 - Nov 29 with 1736 viewsthrillseeker

Will the real Colchester United please stand up at the Keepmoat! on 15:23 - Nov 29 by RSCOSWORTH

Did anyone else think the penalty was soft and possibly outside the area?

Very soft but probably just inside area

I assume in area as no protests from our players
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024