Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! 18:08 - Dec 29 with 3479 viewsdurham_exile

Ok before we get into the meat of the argument where is Bradley Ihionvien. I have been asking the question for days without response. Is he injured, dropped, transferring to a Championship team or what. Enlightenment please.

So, another week another two injuries. Has the squad been cursed, are they running over black cats, walking under ladders, is it the training regime or lack of. What is going on.

Samson Tovide out for 12 weeks
Manny Egbo out for 8 weeks
Kells out for 8 weeks
Lawrence likely out for the season
Mingi out for 5 weeks
Bandeira fit or not fit?
It is a sorry state of affairs.

Over the past three seasons we have signed 69 players of which 25 have been loanees. We have used 29 players this season so far. We have finished in the bottom 10 of League Two for the past three seasons. It is lamentable.

I said before Christmas that ME had until New Year’s Day to sort it or he should go. The equation is easy. Two more defeats (Wimbledon and Gillingham) and he has to go. Two victories and he clings on. Fine margins. Hopper marginally offside at MK Dons or we would have had a point.

We have conceded late goals in 13 games this season. All costly. We have dropped 19 points from winning positions. Grim times.

Before I become too melancholy, let us get to the positives:

Arthur Read simply outstanding.
Chay Cooper excellent
Zach Mitchell a very fine young footballer
Owen Goodman impressive keeper
Matt Jay has to start tonight
Jaydon Fevrier scares defenders and has a finish in him
Ellis Iandolo has revitalised the left back position
It is about time that Ryan Lowe was given a first team place. Superb young midfield player
Joe Taylor, best striker we have had at the club since Jamie Cureton.

Hopefully that balances out some of the negativity!

So, our last game of this miserable footballing year is at the Cherry Red Records Stadium where we face Wimbledon managed by Johnnie Jackson. Hitherto they have been on fire but after losing to Sutton this must inspire the U’s this evening.

In the January transfer window, we need a Right Back, a Centre Half, a midfielder and a striker.

ME must give Taylor some support up front that is a priority. Big John Akinde perhaps (if Bradley cannot be located).

Ok injuries have not helped us at all but our squad has been very large again this season.

So, who plays tonight:

Goodman

Dallison Mitchell Hall Iandolo

Fevrier Read McGeehan Jay

Cooper

Taylor

Subs:
Akinde Hornby Kazeem Chilvers Greenidge Bandeira (if fit) Lowe (please)

Weather tonight against the Wombles is 8 degrees Celsius, partly cloudy and windy.

Exiles don’t forget the match is on iFollow.

Safe travelling to the faithful.

Prediction 2-0 to the Super U’s

About time we kept a clean sheet and converted some chances.

A Happy New Year to all boarders.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 22:13 - Dec 29 with 900 viewsCrashBandicoot

I'm only saying 2 words for this shambles and tbh I'm getting sick of repeating myself:

ETHERINGTON OUT!!!

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 22:24 - Dec 29 with 874 viewsthrillseeker

Just listened to ME interview on BBC Essex - god he makes me more depressed than after watching us lose 5-3
Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 23:04 - Dec 29 with 833 viewsCrashBandicoot

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 22:24 - Dec 29 by thrillseeker

Just listened to ME interview on BBC Essex - god he makes me more depressed than after watching us lose 5-3

Why Cowling is keeping him on in the mistaken hope that he'll improve is beyond me.

Us fans need to give Cowling 2 ultimatums:

Sack Etherington and bring a vastly experienced head coach in or put the club up for sale as us fans are sick and tired of the crap performances and excuses....

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 00:33 - Dec 30 with 765 viewswessex_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 23:04 - Dec 29 by CrashBandicoot

Why Cowling is keeping him on in the mistaken hope that he'll improve is beyond me.

Us fans need to give Cowling 2 ultimatums:

Sack Etherington and bring a vastly experienced head coach in or put the club up for sale as us fans are sick and tired of the crap performances and excuses....

Unless we lose bad against Gillingham, Robbie Cowling won't sack Matty Etherington now. We're almost certainly already locked in to who we want and who we don't need for 2024.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 07:39 - Dec 30 with 704 viewsSparkfilmsTV

69 players signed in the past three seasons!

I didn't realise it was that many.

And 25 loanees? What the xxxx is going on at this football club? Does anyone have a xxxxxxx clue what they are doing?

A business model that is burning money on a massive scale!

I have watched a re-run of some of the goals we have conceded over the past few months....a series of calamities with defenders both out of position and some appearing to be thinking out loud 'What the xxxx am l supposed to do, what did they tell me?'
Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 11:14 - Dec 30 with 617 viewsthrillseeker

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 07:39 - Dec 30 by SparkfilmsTV

69 players signed in the past three seasons!

I didn't realise it was that many.

And 25 loanees? What the xxxx is going on at this football club? Does anyone have a xxxxxxx clue what they are doing?

A business model that is burning money on a massive scale!

I have watched a re-run of some of the goals we have conceded over the past few months....a series of calamities with defenders both out of position and some appearing to be thinking out loud 'What the xxxx am l supposed to do, what did they tell me?'

Those stats - 69 players in 3 season including 25 loanees explains a lot about our current situation.

Looking for huge improvement in 2024
Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 13:13 - Dec 30 with 570 viewsgerry_us

Cheer up guys; we scored three goals all in one game yesterday. All we have to do now is to make sure the other team don't score as many as us...simples! ME, take note.
Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 13:56 - Dec 30 with 556 viewsburnsieespana

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 11:14 - Dec 30 by thrillseeker

Those stats - 69 players in 3 season including 25 loanees explains a lot about our current situation.

Looking for huge improvement in 2024

Inevitable when we get through 2 or 3 coach's a year. Maybe time has come to have faith in the coach and bring a bit of stability to the playing staff.
Can see a few 'outs' in the next month and hopefully some experience coming into defence in particular.
Would like to see current 3 keepers refined to one and an experienced keeper in.
Trouble is who wants to join a struggling club who have been in a relagation fight for 4 years!
Login to get fewer ads

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 16:54 - Dec 30 with 514 viewsWitham

It was interesting to read in the Wimbledon programme the extent to which their success this season has increased the gate and helped reduce their debt (now £10 million).
I am sure Robbie would like to see his debt reduced and that's not going to happen the way things are at the moment. Unusually there has been no Chairman's report Iin the programme to reassure us that there is a January recruitment budget available.
Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 23:57 - Dec 30 with 398 viewsCrashBandicoot

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 16:54 - Dec 30 by Witham

It was interesting to read in the Wimbledon programme the extent to which their success this season has increased the gate and helped reduce their debt (now £10 million).
I am sure Robbie would like to see his debt reduced and that's not going to happen the way things are at the moment. Unusually there has been no Chairman's report Iin the programme to reassure us that there is a January recruitment budget available.

Sadly Cowling is too ignorant to see the obvious. I'll be happy when he finally sells the club and we see the back of him.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 23:58]

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 08:14 - Dec 31 with 367 viewsbwildered

Colchester United are back to what they are - inconsistent and awful," he said. "They walk off the pitch a defeated bunch. United fans behind the goal will go off so disappointed.

Only changed THREE letters on the statement above by Phil Neville ! Yes Phil, we are the ManU of D2 .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 08:57 - Dec 31 with 353 viewsdurham_exile

Wombles undone by revitalised Super U's at Cherry Red Records Stadium! on 08:14 - Dec 31 by bwildered

Colchester United are back to what they are - inconsistent and awful," he said. "They walk off the pitch a defeated bunch. United fans behind the goal will go off so disappointed.

Only changed THREE letters on the statement above by Phil Neville ! Yes Phil, we are the ManU of D2 .

No bwildered, I don't accept it.

We're not that bad, yet

Up the real U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024